Dr. Sarah Thomas, MD

Dr. Sarah Thomas, MD

Rheumatology | Female

Dr. Sarah Thomas, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Fishers, IN. She is 47 years old. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital.

Dr. Thomas' Experience

See how Dr. Thomas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Thomas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
Dr. Thomas' Performance
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Thomas' office and nursing staff are abysmal! NEVER return phone calls, impossible to ever speak to a live person, and rarely answer emails from patient portal. When brought to her attention, the good doctor shrugged her shoulders like "oh well" - hence the "fair rating on listening and decisions. Too bad, too - good doctoring when you get with her one on one. A solid and responsive staff is critical to a healthy practice - this one needs a check-up and critical care - STAT!
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Thomas is very patient and knowledgeable! She has been wonderful to have to help get my lupus under control. I have never felt rushed when seeing her. She answers my questions and makes me feel like we are a team. Thank you Dr. Thomas, I hope you will continue practicing forever...in this area
Portland, IN |
As a new patient recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, Dr Thomas has taken the time to thoroughly answer all my questions. During a time of fear and uncertainty dealing with a life-altering disease, her and her staff have gone above and beyond to help me understand everything and plan a course of action to get my symptoms under control.
in Zionsville, IN |
I'm personally shocked to see all these five star ratings. The staff is nasty, and Dr. Thomas doesn't seem to really care about her patients. I wouldn't recommend anyone to her practice. I tried to get an appointment and said I was having a severe issue. I was offered March 8th. Eight weeks for a severe issue is the best you can do? No, I'm not a new patient. I won't even go into the horrible care I received the last time I was in. Goodbye....obviously you don't need the business!
in Fishers, IN |
DR. THOMAS HAS EXCELLENT PEOPLE SKILLS AND LISTENS VERY WELL TO HER PATIENTS. THE PATIENT IS HER FIRST PRIORITY. SHE IS VERY THOROUGH IN HER EXAMINATIONS AND SINCERELY CARES ABOUT HER PATIENTS. AT NO TIME DID I FEEL RUSHED DURING OUR APPOINTMENT. SHE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL AND CARING DOCTOR. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER. HER STAFF WAS ALSO VERY FRIENDLY.
in Fishers, IN |
Dr. Thomas and Gabi, her nurse are extremely knowledgeable, personable and truly care about patients. Dr. Thomas is very thorough during examinations never rushes and is always happy to answer questions. I feel confidant with her treatment recommendations. Gabi and Dr. Thomas work well together and respect each other. Gabi is great. She always is pleasant and very confident in her job and always answers my questions. I always have a good time at appointments, and received the best care.
in Fishers Indiana |
She provides good care which is thorough and personal.
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Thomas took good care of me. The same as Gabi, Dr. Thomas' nurse, Gabi is very helpful and compassionate towards her patients. I'm very happy with their service.
in Pendleton, In. |
Love Dr.Thomas and her Nurse Gabbie Arguello! I have had the best treatment from Dr Thomas!! I have very little pain and my treatment plan is the best! I would highly recommend her for your Arthritis needs! Gabbie is awesome as well. Always smiling and friendly as well. Makes my infusion go smoothly! I personally rate both a 10 out of 10!!! Dr Thomas is very knowledgeable and friendly. Gets you to a place where u are pain free. Thank you both!!
in Fishers, IN |
Dr. Thomas is absolutely excellent! I trust her so much as she has helped me become healthier. She is one of the best doctors I ever had and I am 60 years old!!!
in Indianapolis, IN 46236 |
Dr. Thomas is extremely thorough in her examinations and treatment recommendations. She is very receptive to discussing her treatment recommendations with her patient with explanations that instill a remarkable comfort level with her patients. She addresses questions and concerns as needed and exudes a pleasant, caring demeanor in all interactions. Gabby, Dr. Thomas nurse, should also be recognized as being very knowledgeable in her care delivery with a sincere caring attitude while very busy
in westfield in |
DR Thomas is the best doctor I have ever been to she cares about you and she honest .if I need her she always there to help
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr Thomas listens and spends time with you. She doesn't hurry you out. Her staff is awesome too
I've recommended Dr. Thomas (& will continue to recommend her) to anyone that is in need of a rheumatologist. I've been under her care for many years. I have Lupus SLE & I have never had a more caring or efficient doctor. I literally trust her with my life. She's gotten my illness under control, where all other doctors have struggled. Dr. Thomas & her nurse, Gabby, are very easy to get in touch with for emergencies or even refills. A plus for me is that most bloodwork & x-rays are done in office
in Anderson, IN |
Have been a patient of Sarah Thomas since 2005. Would follow her anywhere for treatment. She has no problem of listening to new or on going issues. Dr. Thomas's nurse, Gabbie, is very helpful with questions that I may have. I know that I am not the only patient that they have, but they make me feel like I am important enough to warrant a call back with an answer. Thanks for being there. Chuck McKay
in Mooresville, IN |
Dr. Thomas and her staff are great to me " their patient ". Very caring and concerned about me personnelly not just another customer through the door. Always discusses the latest treatments and options.
in Daleville , IN |
Dr Thomas and her nurse Gabbie are wonderful! Very thorough and caring with great bedside manners. I would very highly recommend Dr Thomas.
in Indianapolis, IN |
The reception and scheduling staff are rude and do not follow up in a timely manner. (if they follow up at all) The nursing staff are short and not considerate of your circumstance. I am thinking because they are over worked. Dr. Thomas left me when I had other questions she left the room and did not come back. I was very disappointed with the my experience and I am currently looking for another Dr.
in Carmel, IN |
Phone calls are NEVER returned timely. I always need to wait over a week to get a return call. If they are that busy hire more staff to return calls
in Carmel, IN |
Dr. Thomas is a knowledgeable and very friendly and personable doctor. However, her front office and medical assistant staff are slow to respond to the following: 1. referral request 2.new medication or refills 3. Courtesy of returning a call to provide updates or when a request/task has been completed. First visit: Waited over 1.5 hours to have additional test done
Have you seen Dr. Sarah Thomas, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomas?

Compare Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Rheumatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Thomas' Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis

University of Louisville
    University of Louisville/University Louisville Hosp
    University of Louisville/University Louisville Hosp

Completed in 2000

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology