Dr. Sarah Land, DO

PsychiatryFemaleAge 49

Psychiatry

Dr. Sarah Land, DO is a Psychiatry Specialist in Tulsa, OK and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from OK STATE UNIV COLL OF OSTEO MED medical school in 2003. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Sarah Land, DO

Mind Spa

7302 S Yale Ave Tulsa, OK 74136
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Check Dr. Land's experience treating your condition or procedure

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Land accepts

Dr. Land accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

2.9

2.197802197802198%

Dr. Land

Avoid At All Cost
This is the event that was the wake up call to find a new doctor. So I went to Parkside when I was a child and was formally diagnosed with ADHD. I went to Land seeking medication as I just went through the whole “I don’t need any medication” phase. So even though I have medical records showing I took 5+ ADHD medications until I was 16 years of age, she refused to do anything unless I had a psych evaluation. Parkside only keeps records for 10 years so I had to get another. After waiting 4 months for an open appointment it costed me 680$ for the doctor to remind me that I do indeed still have ADHD. Cool beans. She informs me that I have to either be enrolled in school or employed to be prescribed. In her exact words “there is no reason for you to be prescribed when you are just sitting at home.” May I inform you that she knows I flunked TCC and was fired from my work as a direct result of my depression and ADHD. No more room in the review but this is the tip of the iceberg.
Noah Jackson – Mar 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
First appointment I felt belittled and not listened to. Then, by the second appointment, I thought it was actually going somewhere. I was wrong. After only one medication change and switching my medication from day to night, and based on treatment not working from a previous doctor, she suggested electroshock therapy. Not only were the possibly severe side effects not discussed, but the fact that this was even suggested after so few attempts when this is clearly an extreme last resort "treatment" is absolutely appalling. She's never on time, and while she sounds like she knows what she's talking about in certain instances, her methods are extreme, overboard, and unnecessary. She makes a story up about you without actually listening to you, and she seems to think suicidal ideation and actually being suicidal are the same thing. Yes, I'm depressed, but no, I'm not in need of hospitalization. What a joke. If you expect to be listened to and treated as a human being, look elsewhere.
Oct 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Dr. Land is a terrible doctor who doesn't listen to a word you say. She makes grand assumptions about you without taking into account anything you've said. Awful attitude, very rude, unkind and makes you feel terrible after. Don't waste your time, energy or money.
Oct 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
I was referred to Land for treatment by my therapist who had diagnosed me with Inattentive ADD in October of 2020. I paid $300 out of pocket because my mental health has gone downhill the last three years and I needed this help. I did my intake via Zoom and was honest with the nurse that I had tried marijuana 3 months prior but wasn’t a habitual user. They ended the call and another nurse called back, telling me that because I was a “frequent marijuana user” Land would not speak to me regarding medication for my mental illness. A month later, after passing a drug test my therapists gave me, Land took another $125 from me to tell me that because I have a clean driving record that I “probably don’t have ADD”. I don’t have enough characters left to describe how much financial and emotional stress this office put on myself and my family. Please save yourself the trouble and go to ANY other psychiatrist in Oklahoma.
Aug 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
She was very helpful and to the point. Reminded me that I wasn’t crazy and that everything was going to get better. And it did.
Hannah – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Dr. Land is terrible. She only cares about money. She will filibuster during your visit to get to the amount of time she needs to bill you or your insurance. I had a 5 minute video call to switch my meds, and half the time she spent commenting on my home decor (so she got the required time to bill my insurance). Then she scheduled a follow-up appt. a week later to see if they were working...another 5 minute call where she bought time so she could bill me. Had to pay for both visits, after she sent me to collections without sending me a bill. Doesn’t bring anything to the table as a “doctor”. Not to mention, half the times I physically went in, her interns/students/assistants would see me instead of her. I don’t mean to be “that person” but I cannot express enough how unhelpful and manipulative she is.
Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
I’ve been a patient for over 5 years and while they have always been extremely busy and less than attentive to patients, they have taken an extreme downturn over the last year. Dr. Land is polite, but mostly cold and impatient and always runs over an hour late, even if you have a 7:50 am appointment. They charge you $100 for a missed appointment and they have no grace or sympathy for emergencies. They make you come in for unnecessary appointments and screenings just to make more money and they do no listen you to. Being a psychiatric practice, they naturally have a lot of patients on controlled meds like adderall, but they treat patients with ADHD like drugs addicts and criminals. They force you to take drug tests for no reason and cut you off legally prescribed medicines cold turkey like it’s nothing. All of the staff are mean and they don’t answer the phone during business hours. The phone voicemail scolds people for even calling to check on Rx refill.
Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Dr. Land saved my daughters life.she battles severe depression and anxiety. As Well As ptsd from being bullied. Cannot imagine where she would be without her help.
Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Everything about "Mind Spa" is terrible. First, a student gets general information from you for about 10 minutes. Then Land comes in and asks the same questions. She has never asked anything further than the survey questions I already answered. That takes about 5-10 minutes. Generally her office staff is alright until I had an issue with a prescription. It took almost two weeks to get the problem taken care of.
Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
I have had two appointments with doctor Land and they both went absolutely terrible. I was in to get put on adderall and she said she doesn’t “trust me enough” so did not give me the medication. Later she said that “I have a bad attitude and I think I know everything” and to “come in next time with a better attitude”. I have never had any kind of therapist, doctor, etc. treat me like that. I can not STAND her. I am happy until I step into her office she makes you feel SO poorly about yourself and refuses to give you medication. She’s so unfriendly. Do not waste your time with her she will leave you feeling like crap! Don’t waste your money either because that’s all she wants. She’s the worst! ?? I hope she reads these reviews!!!! Dang.
Katy Nall – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Great provider. Never had someone take so much time and invest in her patients. Easy to talk to and gives great care. I wouldn’t want to go to anyone else!
Tulsa, OK – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
If you miss an appointment or two she completely bans you from here office even if it's a year later. She is a total disgrace as a "doctor" and does not care about her patients. She's all about money, and is a total and complete waste of my time and yours. DO NOT GIVE THIS inconsiderate doctor any of your time. Don't waste your time with her. She's a waste as a Doctor as it is.
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
I really love Dr Land but I agree with previous comments that it's difficult to get a message to the appropriate people & get a response.
Suzy Walters in Owasso, OK – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Dr. Land is extremely capable of not listening to a word you have to say. She up dosages of my meds and changed them around plunging me into deeper and darker depression. Her cure for that was shock treatment. Her nurse was withholding meds from me. Tried to convey to Land respectful criticism about her nurse and she said, "You need to stop talking" not once or twice but three times. Then she escorted me out. Two weeks later I get a letter from Mind Spa that they do not want me back. Never again
Tulsa, Oklahoma – Apr 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Don't waste your time and money. Very difficult to get meds, refills etc Keep looking
Jenks, OK – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
I actually respect Dr. Land and have benefited from her help. However, you are only as good as your weakest link. Her weakest link is the "nurse" phone extension. I have been trying to get medicine for over 2 weeks. I can't get an appointment to talk to Dr. Land about it. I'm just stuck dealing with these people who usually don't answer the phone. Maybe the nurse is new. You shouldn't have meltdowns dealing with your psychiatrist's office. Ironic.
Owasso, OK – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
She helped me quite a bit. She really helped regulate and put me on the correct meds for depression.
Sand Springs, OK – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
Dr. Land is professional idiot. She never knows when to shut her mouth; She was talking about my history to another patient of her's;fueling his disorder; argues Gave addreal out like tic tacs for a person with severe anxiety. Tripling doses of medications. Just unpleasant to be around,bed side manner is awful. Do not suggest her to anyone. She acts so pious, and thinks she's really helping people! Which is scary!!! If you care about the people you love, don't send the to MindSpa period
Tulsa, OK – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
If you need to see a psychiatrist dont go to Mind Spa. I asked for help and disagreed with the medication that was prescribed. My concerns were completely disregarded. The Dr. is overconfident & goes outside the scope of psychiatry. She doesn't need to diagnose physical health issues as a psychiatrist. She rarely makes eye contact with you and her " nurse" is condescending. If you really need psychological help please dont invest time here. Get the treatment you deserve and go somewhere else
Tulsa, Ok – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?
First let me say I am not a paid reviewer, but my wife's experience with Ms. Cline at The Mind Spa certainly mirrors all the negative comments left by others on the various websites. I do not wish to disparage Dr. Land, but maybe she needs a better office manager or at least be a hands on manager. When you make an appointment to see a specialist, you and your insurance company deserve to be seen by specialist, not a Nurse Practitioner. Could be Dr. Land is great, but how can you know?
Ron Sloan in Sapulpa, OK – Nov 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarah Land, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Land?