Dr. Sarah Judkins, MD

General Surgery | Female

Dr. Sarah Judkins, MD
I grew up in Steamboat Springs, completed my training in Denver, and moved to Montrose in 2012. My husband and I are so fortunate to be raising our two boys in this friendly, down to earth community. If we are not rafting the town run on the Uncompahgre River, we might be biking up the Black Canyon. We enjoy skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer. I am blessed to have a thriving surgical practice with an exceptional, supportive local hospital. We look forward to calling Montrose home for many years to come.

Dr. Judkins' Care Philosophy

I love my job-it is challenging, stimulating, and technically rewarding. I enjoy getting to know my patients and learning what is important to them so that we can better plan together for the best surgical experience possible. Surgery can be a scary and uncertain process. I spend time with my patients and their families, explaining the procedure and expected course as well as possible risks, and make sure to answer all their questions. This helps everyone feel confident and secure when their procedure day arrives. I communicate with my patient's primary care providers, sending the operative reports and pathology results, so that everyone is on the same page. I value my patient's trust and strive to provide excellent, comprehensive surgical care in a friendly and comfortable environment.

Dr. Judkins' Experience

See how Dr. Judkins' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Judkins

Dr. Judkins accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Judkins is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Judkins has admitting privileges.

Dr. Judkins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Judkins to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Judkins' Performance
in Montrose, CO |
Dr. Sarah Judkins is truly a professional with "taking care of business" while also caring for your emotional heartfelt issues. She tends to your care in as rapid amount of time as she can with test results, appointments, scheduling etc. She lets you know the "goods and bads" regarding your physical condition and what you are doing right and wrong without out any judgmental factors being exhibited. She has a welcoming appearance with a wonderful smile which adds to the positive aspects of all
in Montrose, CO |
Very knowledgeable, down to earth, extremely good communication skills. Highly recommended and great sense of humor. Highly recommend!
Montrose, CO |
I would never recommend Sarah Judkins to anyone. There are usually options with surgery. But, your choices, your preferences are irrelevant to her. Judkins unilaterally decides what you will get; even though her choices are exactly what you don't want. My doctor recommended several procedures. After wasting a month of my time Judkins refused to preform any of them. I was forced to find other surgeons. All the recommended procedures have been performed and I am no longer in pain.
I am sorry that you had a negative experience. Unfortunately, not every problem has surgery as part of the solution. I try to explain the expected risks and benefits of a surgery to the patient and answer their questions fully. I have often seen patients with abdominal pain develop new or more significant symptoms after additional surgery. I do not offer surgical options for abdominal pain, but recommend other less invasive therapies. I am thrilled your pain improved and you are feeling better.
Have you seen Dr. Sarah Judkins, MD?

Compare Dr. Judkins

Dr. Judkins says...

I grew up in Steamboat Springs, completed my training in Denver, and moved to Montrose in 2012. My husband and I are so fortunate to be raising our two boys in this friendly, down to earth community. If we are not rafting the town run on the Uncompahgre River, we might be biking up the Black Canyon. We enjoy skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer. I am blessed to have a thriving surgical practice with an exceptional, supportive local hospital. We look forward to calling Montrose home for many years to come.

Dr. Judkins' Care Philosophy

I love my job-it is challenging, stimulating, and technically rewarding. I enjoy getting to know my patients and learning what is important to them so that we can better plan together for the best surgical experience possible. Surgery can be a scary and uncertain process. I spend time with my patients and their families, explaining the procedure and expected course as well as possible risks, and make sure to answer all their questions. This helps everyone feel confident and secure when their procedure day arrives.  I communicate with my patient's primary care providers, sending the operative reports and pathology results, so that everyone is on the same page. I value my patient's trust and strive to provide excellent, comprehensive surgical care in a friendly and comfortable environment.

Dr. Judkins says...

General surgery includes many common procedures like appendectomy, hernia repair, and removal of the gallbladder.  I also manage thyroid and parathyroid issues that require surgical attention. A large part of my practice is surgery for cancer of the breast, colon, and skin.  I place ports for chemotherapy and do a wide range of endoscopic procedures for gastroesophageal reflux disease and bowel problems. Many healthy patients over the age of 50 are referred for their routine screening colonoscopy.

Dr. Judkins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Judkins has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Judkins' Board Certifications

• Appendicitis
  • Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hemorrhoids

Completed in 2007

Completed in 2011

University Of Colorado Boulder

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Judkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Judkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery