Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Sandhu

Harbor Medical Associates

3 Corporate Plaza Dr Ste 140 Newport Beach, CA 92660

Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Govt Medical College in 1981 and specializes in psychiatry and forensic psychiatry.

Dr. Sandhu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sandhu

3.2

Dr. Sandhu?
Dr. Sandhu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD
Staff cancelled my appointment and rescheduled it for a week later. During the waiting period I needed my refills which were supposed to be done the day of my cancelled appointment. Absurdly they denied my refills arguing Dr. hasn't seen me yet. That I needed to wait a week for my meds. They could care less that they were the ones cancelling my scheduled appointment. I suffered tremendously because of them. This was the second time I was denied a refill at only a week close to my appointment. The first time the Dr. admitted to me he did not know anything about me being denied the refill and that he was going to have a pet talk with his staff, although not apologetic at least he was aware that he definitely has two problems named Stephanie and Summer in the office. These people do not listen, do not have any empathy for the patients and play with their vulnerability and health. Shame of them! If you value your health, do yourself a favor and stay away from this place.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
The receptionist will never pick up her phone, after calling every day for a week (during normal business hours) and being sent straight to voicemail I realized she must have a problem with simply answering her phone seeing as she could not possibly be so busy as a receptionist for just one doctor every minute of the day. She told me multiple times (after calling me back) that she would check with my insurance (which I had already done) to make sure they were in network so she could make me an appointment. After a week, I was finally able to make an appointment and I got there early so I could complete the new patient paperwork. I was also told at this time that their credit card reader wasn’t working so I would have to pay my co-pay in cash. 20 minutes after my appointment was supposed to begin, his current patient walked out and the receptionist motioned for the man sitting next to me that he could go in. In short, I waited an hour just to have to leave because he didn’t have time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
I think Dr. Sandhu was kind and listened compassionately to my concerns. He gave honest feedback, which isn't always easy to hear, but necessary. Dr. Sandhu is great and I would highly recommend. I like that he isn't too conservative, does not wait a long time to change medication if one is not working.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
This review is not for Dr. Sandhu, who is genuinely wonderful. Rather, it's for the staff. A few months ago, I arrived for an appointment to find out I owed $600. Apparently someone had forgot to copy my insurance information, so my insurance was never billed. They claimed they called me to attempt to settle the matter. This is a lie, because while I received calls reminding me of my appointments, never once did anyone ask me about my insurance or let me know there was a problem. STAY AWAY!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
I had a terrible experience with this doctor. When I was unsure about the medication he wanted to prescribe he began yelling..."because I am the doctor and you are the patient."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
I was sent to Doctor Sandhu from my Cardioligist, after telling him my psychiatrist I was seeing was not helping me. I made the decision to see Sandhu and never looked back. he read me like a book and knew just how to help me. From day one i came out of my condition and understood how to help myself and take my medication in the correct dosage. His office staff could improve both back and front office about being a little more professional and on top of business.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
I think Dr Sandhu is excellent. I came in suffering a MAJOR anxiety attack that completely debilitated me, and he worked with me for several months until the right combination of medicines restored me to my normal self. I was able to return to work and continue my life afterwards.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
Such a careless and unprofessional psychiatrist. He doesnt care about his patients and it takes around 45-50 minutes on average to see him when you have an appointment. If you care about your health please go find a different doctor for your own sake. I hope anyone else who needs help sees this and doesnt make the same mistake i did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
I waited in this "Psychiatrist" office as a new patient for 1 hour. In front of me were 1 patient in his office, 2 in the waiting room and 2 pharmaceutical reps ( I'm presuming). I got to my appointment on time with my paperwork ready and in hand. I waited 15 minutes after the last patient came out who thanked them for "squeezing" him in. I was brought back to his office where Dr never said hello nor apologized for keeping me waiting. His manner was not for me and I left. He did not care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?
Saw this Dr. for 4 years. Of course tried to change my meds which sent me into a tailspin. Never talked about my condition, just bs. Then he decides to blast me on my last visit with his opinion of me. Put me on disability and when there was a glitch, refused to help. Told me he was "up to here" with me and then sat and stared at me. Creepy. His staff is rude also and not there to help. Other than prescribing meds, he did nothing to help. And always some strange intern present, why? RUN!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarabjit Sandhu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sandhu?

We understand the need for consistent care and we treat each patient like family. Our compassionate, professional staff is dedicated to providing the highest level of care possible. We are not tied to any large medical corporation. We provide effective care that is responsive to the needs of the community in Orange County.

• Psychiatry

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Sandhu accepts

Dr. Sandhu accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross
Special Needs Plan SNP
PacifiCare
PacifiCare HMO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Sandhu's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Sandhu treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Sandhu's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sandhu treats patients.

62% Patient experience rating, 7% lower than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)