Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO

Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO

Psychiatry | Male

MINDHOPE OF OVIEDO 2572 W State Road 426 Ste 3056 Oviedo, FL 32765 Get Directions

As a psychiatrist, I believe that listening to my patients is essential and offering them the best possible treatment options will help them succeed. I have experience successfully treating a broad range of mental health issues and will do my best to provide you with compassionate and effective care.

Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Oviedo, FL. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 9 years.

Dr. Pillai's Experience

See how Dr. Pillai's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pillai

Dr. Pillai accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Pillai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pillai to family and friends
Dr. Pillai's Performance
in The Villages, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Pillai for several years now, he is the most wonderful doctor I've ever had the privilege to know. His knowledge of Psychiatry is outstanding and he has changed my life. He is soft spoken, caring, and seems to remember every detail about me! I encourage anyone who is dealing with mental health issues to give him call. I have spoken to many different psychiatrists about my issues, and he was the only doctor in Florida willing to help me. Highly recommend him to all!
in Winter Park, FL |
He is the best Psychiatrist I have ever been to, and I've been to a few. My initial appointment was a full hour. He took a complete history. He has an amazing personality and bedside manner and was very empathetic. Thank you Dr. Pillai!
Dr. Pillai is truly passionate about his job s a heath care provider. He would always remember things I had told him in previous appointments, was very knowledgeable about meds and their interactions. I've been to several doctors since he moved too far for me. Allthe others ask the same questions each visit and just write an RX. They act like they've never seen me before at each visit. I wish Dr. Pillai hadn't moved....I miss him.
Winter garden, fl |
Dr Pillai is very compassionate and cares for is patients. I feel very comfortable with him and can easily talk to him. He is helping me slowly taper off benzos that a different irresponsible doctor got me on. If you need help with getting off benzos I would highly recommend. I always enjoy our conversations and as if I'm talking to a friend.
in Casselberry Florida |
He's very much concerned with your problems and doesn't over medicate you. He even calls you after work to talk to you about your concerns. He is Dead Honest with you and gives you a lot more choices for dealing with your specific needs, rather than writing scripts.
in Oviedo Fl |
He is understanding and very friendly. He does not pill push you. He is helpful and resourceful.
Tavares, Fl |
Dr. Pillai is the only doctor I found who takes time to really understand his patients problems and works with them for the best treatment. He is caring and understanding. My husband is a much better person now, and getting the best of care, we wont go anywhere else. Even though Dr. Pillai has moved to Oviedo he is still worth the drive.
Orlando, FL |
I think that Dr Pillai is a wonderful thoughtful doctor. I was in shambles when I went to visit him and now I am back on my feet doing better then I have in many years!
in Clermont, FL |
I have been extremely comfortable with my last visits. I have found him to be extremely interest ed and concerned with my problems. I highly recommend him to anyone.
in Leesburg, FL |
Dr. PIllai is such a terrific doctor that when he moved his practice to Oviedo, I took my business there with him - and I drive an hour to see him. It's well worth it. He's professional, knowledgeable, personable, approachable, compassionate, and sincere. If you're looking for a good psychiatrist, I highly recommend Dr. Pillai.
in Eustis, FL |
Dr. Pillai is definitely the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He helped me when I was going through a difficult time in my life, in fact he was the kindest person I had in my life at the time. (I had been in an abusive home situation) I so wish I could call and tell him what a difference he made, how much he impacted my life, and how much his kindness and empathy meant to me. His caring nature was evident, as was his intelligence in the field. Thank you so much Dr. Pillai.
in Orlando, FL |
He doesn't spend a lot of time with you before writing a prescription; it seemed very arbitrary. He also didn't seem to be familiar with the medications as he looked each one up on his phone for quick facts. As a doctor, he should be extremely knowledgeable about these medications. Overall, it was very impersonal. The staff messed up my appointment time, and then forgot to call in the prescription. I do not feel confident with this doctor, or with his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Are you Dr. Pillai?

Compare Dr. Pillai

Dr. Pillai's Care Philosophy

Dr. Pillai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Pillai has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pillai's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 2012

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 2000

• Other Education
    Master's Degree In Basic Medical Science From Wayne State University, Detroit, Mi

Completed in 2002

• Malayalam

Dr. Pillai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pillai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry