Contact provider for availability

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Pillai

Center For Adult Psychiatry

1540 Citrus Medical Ct Ocoee, FL 34761

Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO is a psychiatry specialist in Ocoee, FL and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from A T Sill U Hlth Sci Kirksville Coll Osteo Med in 2008 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Pillai accepts

Dr. Pillai accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross
Behavioral Health
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Pillai's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pillai's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

As a psychiatrist, I believe that listening to my patients is essential and offering them the best possible treatment options will help them succeed. I have experience successfully treating a broad range of mental health issues and will do my best to provide you with compassionate and effective care.

• Psychiatry

Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte, Mi
2008
A T Sill U Hlth Sci Kirksville Coll Osteo Med
2002
Master's Degree In Basic Medical Science From Wayne State University, Detroit, Mi
2000

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pillai

Dr. Pillai?
Dr. Pillai's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO
I have been to Dr Pallai two times so far with pretty bad general anxiety. first visit was with my wife. Both of us were very impressed with his warm "bedside" manner and his empathy for my problems. He suggested a few changes in my meds and to date two months later I seem to be calmer with less mood swings. He is very intelligent and knows "his stuff". I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
It's been years since I've found a doctor that is as thorough and caring as Dr. Pillai. He takes his time with you and is clearly very intelligent and knows what he's talking about. If you feel hopeless trying to find answers to your health, trust me he will help you
The best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
I am a 58 yr old male and have had several psychiatrists since my childhood, and never have encountered any Psychiayrist as competent, human as Dr. Pillai. Only God knows how much I needed this man at this time of my life. My condition will never be cured, and I will have my ups and downs but Dr. Pillai has taken a real interst on me and we are working on finding the right combination of medications. I have been way over medicated under the care of my last psychiatrist...sorry to say.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. Pillai has been treating me for several years, and when I first started seeing him I was a complete wreck, and my meds were all off. He started treating me, tried several different medication regimes till we found one that worked. He's compassionate, caring and really understanding of his patients. He really listens to what you have to say. I'm very pleased with Dr. Pillai and would not go anywhere else for treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. Pillai actually took time to listen and understand where the root of my problems descend from. By doing so, he can properly diagnose a patient and give proper treatment. Not many doctors would take the time to listen and come to their own conclusions of what they think is wrong with you. I highly recommend Dr. Pillai ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
I have seen Dr. Pillai For 2 to 3 years and he has completely changed my life and made my illness not such a burden. He actually listens to your input on treatment instead of just sedating you, I love that he always finds more natural options before bumping up your meds to true zombie mode. Thank you Dr. Pillai to giving me my life back. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to have more hope and color in there life and are ready for change.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Website says he is accepting new patients, but according to the receptionist, he is not.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. Pillai listens and takes the time to advice you (sometimes more than the normal visit time), he really cares about his patients. He does not prescribes mores medication than what you need like other psychiatrists. He is very personable and kind. I drive 45 minutes to see him. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
I have been a patient of Dr. Pillai for several years now, he is the most wonderful doctor I've ever had the privilege to know. His knowledge of Psychiatry is outstanding and he has changed my life. He is soft spoken, caring, and seems to remember every detail about me! I encourage anyone who is dealing with mental health issues to give him call. I have spoken to many different psychiatrists about my issues, and he was the only doctor in Florida willing to help me. Highly recommend him to all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
He is the best Psychiatrist I have ever been to, and I've been to a few. My initial appointment was a full hour. He took a complete history. He has an amazing personality and bedside manner and was very empathetic. Thank you Dr. Pillai!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. Pillai is truly passionate about his job s a heath care provider. He would always remember things I had told him in previous appointments, was very knowledgeable about meds and their interactions. I've been to several doctors since he moved too far for me. Allthe others ask the same questions each visit and just write an RX. They act like they've never seen me before at each visit. I wish Dr. Pillai hadn't moved....I miss him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr Pillai is very compassionate and cares for is patients. I feel very comfortable with him and can easily talk to him. He is helping me slowly taper off benzos that a different irresponsible doctor got me on. If you need help with getting off benzos I would highly recommend. I always enjoy our conversations and as if I'm talking to a friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
He's very much concerned with your problems and doesn't over medicate you. He even calls you after work to talk to you about your concerns. He is Dead Honest with you and gives you a lot more choices for dealing with your specific needs, rather than writing scripts.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
He is understanding and very friendly. He does not pill push you. He is helpful and resourceful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. Pillai is the only doctor I found who takes time to really understand his patients problems and works with them for the best treatment. He is caring and understanding. My husband is a much better person now, and getting the best of care, we wont go anywhere else. Even though Dr. Pillai has moved to Oviedo he is still worth the drive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
I think that Dr Pillai is a wonderful thoughtful doctor. I was in shambles when I went to visit him and now I am back on my feet doing better then I have in many years!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
I have been extremely comfortable with my last visits. I have found him to be extremely interest ed and concerned with my problems. I highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. PIllai is such a terrific doctor that when he moved his practice to Oviedo, I took my business there with him - and I drive an hour to see him. It's well worth it. He's professional, knowledgeable, personable, approachable, compassionate, and sincere. If you're looking for a good psychiatrist, I highly recommend Dr. Pillai.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santosh Pillai, DO?
Dr. Pillai is definitely the best psychiatrist I have ever had. He helped me when I was going through a difficult time in my life, in fact he was the kindest person I had in my life at the time. (I had been in an abusive home situation) I so wish I could call and tell him what a difference he made, how much he impacted my life, and how much his kindness and empathy meant to me. His caring nature was evident, as was his intelligence in the field. Thank you so much Dr. Pillai.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Pillai?

• Mon: closed