Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Santosh Mathen, MD
Dr. Santosh Mathen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Plainview, NY. He has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Mathen is affiliated with Plainview Hospital.

651 Old Country Rd Ste 200

Plainview, NY 11803

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Mathen

Dr. Mathen's Experience

Dr. Mathen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mathen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Albany Med Coll
    Medical School | Graduated 2009

Dr. Mathen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mathen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mathen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mathen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mathen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mathen to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Mathen's Performance
Dr Mattan attended to me for approx 5 min for my foot pain. Gave me a script for NSAIDS, PT - confirmed no broken bones. The main problem is that he did NOT listen. I asked for an MRI because I could NOT even walk! He stated that was "overkill" Never saw him again and ended up going to Dr Phillips that confirmed through an MRI that I had a Tear in my tendon and a cyst! Had Dr Matthew just listened to a patient in need he would have been able to ascertain that - not just dismiss my indications.
in New York, NY |
Dr Mathen gave me my life back. I had surgery on my wrist a year prior to him being recommended to me. After the 1st surgery I was in so much pain it was debilitating. 2 years later Dr Mathen performed the 2nd surgery..i am virtually pain free. He is patient, professional and kind. Quick to smile and laugh. But also quick to tell you what your options are. He is a blessing in my life. His staff is friendly and professional and his offices are clean. I recommend him on a regular basis.
Freeport, NY |
EXCELLENT ,OFFICE VERY CLEAN AND EVERYONE IS NICE AND FRIENDLY.HAND SURGERY WENT WELL AND I'M DOING FINE.
in Massapequa, NY |
I saw Dr. Mathen for a broken finger initially as a consultation for surgery options after an urgent care MD said I needed surgery for tendon reattachment. Dr. Mathen had me get another X-ray and identified that I did not need surgery and put my finger in a cast which was a huge save for me due to the invasiveness of the surgery. He had me out of the cast in 6 weeks and my finger feels and looks perfect.
in Seaford, NY |
I was happy to be booked in the same day which was also a Jewish holiday but that is pretty much where the happiness ends. From barely looking at my sons thumb initially or in follow up visits to stating I have never seen this before and I'm a hand specialist while looking at his x Ray . He had my son go immediately for o t which made no sense and the o t people did o t which was extremely painful. The spica cast he got had his wrist turned in an awkward position and almost 3 months later in
in Wantagh, N.Y. |
It is approaching a year since Dr. Mathen performed surgery on my elbow, which had multiple fractures. I consider myself blessed that he was my surgeon. He assembled an excellent team for the surgery, which was very successful. He provided pain management that was very sufficient, which he monitored closely, and terminated without problem. He directed me to a great physical therapist, whose work he also closely monitored. He is a great doctor.
in Jericho, NY |
Dr Mathen's office was able to squeeze me in at the last minute and Dr Mathen waited so he could see me. He was pleasant and extremely knowledgeable and professional. He took excellent care of me. His office staff could not have been nicer. The office is very busy but it is run very efficiently.
in Amityville, NY |
We love Dr. Mathen, for your entire family. He always has gone over and above for us and taken his time to explain an issue.
in Farmingdale NY |
Dr. Mathen took the time to get to know me and the specific care I required and needed. He discussed all options with me in a professional caring manner. I unfortunately have become a career patient and he is one of the few great doctors that I have came accross with a great deal of integrity.
in Massapequa, NY |
Dr. Mathen was extremely accurate, patient & thorough in all he has done to help me with my recent quad rupture & surgery. From the initial consultation up to and including post operative care, he has been nothing less than excellent. This injury, if not treated properly & within time constraints, could have been detrimental to my career. Dr. Mathen also put me in contact with one of the best physical therapists, whom he works in close proximity with for patient's total care.
in Long Island , NY |
Dr. Mathen performed a difficult surgical procedure on my broken arm, which broke 10 years previously in a car accident .when i broke it the second time this year he had to work around a plate in my arm placed there as a result of my previous surgery..my arm today is perfectly normal ,i am pain free and have 100% full range of motion, thanks to his brilliant work coupled with a compassionate beside manner i couldn't possibly recommend a more qualified Surgeon
Very nice doctor and very friendly but was off completely on my diagnosis. Was talking about surgery when all options were not completely explored. Made me nervous and I went to another doctor and his diagnosis was different but accurate. I am now much better as a result of my new doctor and thankfully no surgery.
in West Sayville, NY |
I am a hand therapist that works closely with Dr Mathen. He is very involved in the post surgical rehab of his patients, he always returns my texts and phone calls even late nights following surgery. I find that his patients respond extremely well to his care and they are comfortable and at ease with him leading their medical team. I highly recommend him for comprehensive orthopedic care. -Anthony Marullo
in Seaford, NY |
I had wrist surgery with Dr. Mathen. He was extremely caring and genuinely concerned about my well being. I had called him several times post surgery and he always returned my calls promptly and was willing to answer all of my questions. I had also recommended Dr. Mathen to one of my coworkers and he was also very satisfied with the care that he received. Dr. Mathen was instrumental in getting me back to myself again after my injury. I would gladly recommend him to anyone.
in Bethpage, NY |
I have had 2 hand surgeries with Dr. Mathen both of which were extremely successful. From the moment I met him, I knew that I had found the right doctor. He is warm, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions. On the day of my surgery he was waiting for me and made me feel extremely calm and had the best bedside manner. Even after the surgery he had remained there and made me feel so important. Thank God for Dr. Mathen. He is amazing and I highly recommend him.
in Massapequa, NY |
Dr. Mathen performed surgery on my son, after a football injury to his elbow, in November 2015. He was consistently professional, patient and genuinely concerned about the welfare of my son from our first visit to our last follow up. He was honest about the prognosis, and sincerely optimistic about a full recovery. He called the house several times to check on his progress in the days following the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr.Mathen should you need any surgery similar to my son's.
in Hicksville, NY |
I found Dr. Mathen to be very professional and personable.. I would definitely recommend him without reservation to anyone needing an orthopedic Doctor.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Dr Mathen was great when i fell and broke my upper arm in 3 places. I had used this group before but never had met him. He was kind and caring when i was in pain and scared. He explained everything he did and why.He set up some wonderful physical therapists for after surgery and I am now back at work full time.A BIG thank you to him and all the staff
Terrible bad side manner.Didn't take a min to examine me .Told me if I was able to walk there I was fine .Without even requesting an MRI.Or caring to find out the reason Im in pain.Awful attitude!!!
excellent
in East Meadow, NY |
Dr. Mathen is a patient, caring Doctor. Before, during and after my surgery he took and continues to take the time to listen to my concerns. A rare find in the current fast med world.
in Bethpage, NY |
Dr Santosh Mathen is a caring,compassionate, experienced Dr. He not only gives support to the patient but to the family as well. I highly recommend him to anyone undergoing hip replacement. My 89 year old Mother, after breaking her hip, is up walking and feeling great due to his wonderful care and surgical skills. Thank you with all my heart to you and your staff.
Have you seen Dr. Santosh Mathen, MD?
Are you Dr. Mathen?

Visit Dr. Mathen

Dr. Mathen accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO