Dr. Santos Yu, MD

Dr. Santos Yu, MD

Neurology  |

Dr. Santos Yu, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Henderson, NV. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Yu is affiliated with St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus and St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.

Neurology Center Of Nevada

2430 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy Ste 110

Henderson, NV 89052

• Affiliated Health Funds
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Health Plan of Nevada
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Yu

Neurology at it's finest. Patient care at it's best.

Dr. Yu's Experience

Dr. Yu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Neurology

Dr. Yu does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Cluster Headache
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Loss of Balance
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Pinched Nerve
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Neurological Testing
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Occipital Nerve Block
  • Stroke Prevention

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Cebu Institute of Medicine
  • University of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Yu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Yu has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Yu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yu to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Yu's Performance
Henderson, NV |
This office is so disorganized I was left waiting hours for a procedure I had taken off significant amount of time from work for, hired babysitters, and had to physically prepare for to only to find out they didn't preauthorize with my insurance so I wouldn't be having the test done. I was then told by office staff that I probably didn't need it. I was told in person an hour after the procedure was suppose to begin that they wouldn't be doing and was left for 3 hours to wait to speak to the doc.
Pahrump, nv |
Does not listen to you. Has pre conceived diagnosis and does not address your concerns.
in Henderson, NV |
Why would a neurologist accept a referral for a patient who has a condition the neurologist doesn't treat? The condition epilepsy. 2 visits & a contested $900+ LabCore bill later. Stay far away from him! He had astoundingly poor language skills, spoke almost exclusively into dictation machine, and little eye contact. Attempting to have him (or office) explain the what/why of my testing got me a certified letter of 'termination of treatment'. Referred to Dr. Bangalore. I'm not a rude person, btw.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I love Dr. Yu! Yes... he often runs late, and yes, he has an accent, but he also spends time with me when I'm with him. He listens to my complaints and tries to find a solution for me. I went to him for headaches and now I'm nearly headache free. The women at the front desk are all new now and are really sweet. The medical assistant who helped me was professional and friendly.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
He barely spoke to me, never asked me why I was there or what was wrong. When I tried telling him what was going on and what my old doctor was doing for me, which was all neurological issues. He read my history and focused on one word "fibromyalgia" said he didn't work with it and that I needed to go to my Rheumy, after explaining I couldn't he became unprofessional and rude. I asked if he could help point me in a direction to go in next, he could only repeat himself. Finally I was kicked out.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I developed a speech difficulty and was referred to Dr. Yu. Office staff not friendly at all. I waited 45 minutes past my appointment to see doctor. When he did arrive, he yawned, did not make eye contact and spent a total of 5 minutes with me. He did not pull up my MRI or report to show me the results. said he looked at it briefly and found nothing wrong . End of appointment. Made no recommendations nor did he offer an explanation for the sudden issue. DO NOT GO TO HIM.
in Henderson, NV |
My daughter used to see Dr. Brown, who I would highly recommend, but her practice is very limited (and now only older people too). So we tried Dr. Yu a few times. He is a little hard to understand, and I felt like he didn't understand my daughter's needs. He upped one medication dosage and wanted to take away another medication altogether when we specifically told him her meds that Dr. Brown prescribed for epilepsy worked great. We won't go back.
in Henderson, NV |
He seems confused. He repeats himself. I waited two hours and all he did was babble and dictate to his aid to write on the computer.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I love this doctor he's always taking excellent care of me and he's very nice
in Henderson, NV |
If I could leave "0" stars" i would. he is a jerk. I don't know how he got a medical license or hasn't had displicinary notices. Stay away. Unfortunately, there are not any good neurologist in Henderson area.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Office and medical assistant made mistake after mistake, i.e. scheduling me for an appointment at the wrong office. Very hard to contact or get return calls, average of a week, then make lame excuses (he was in a meeting ... for a WEEK?) . Medical assistant prescribed me the wrong dosage and argued with me when I caught it. Never an acknowledgement, much less apology, for any mistakes. Have scheduled the first appointment in the morning and still waited in the waiting room for over 2 hours.
Henderson, NV |
Impersonal. Arrogant. Disrespectfully long wait times. Absolutely not recommended.
in Las Vegas Nv |
Rude, inconsiderate, uncompassionate, unorganized, late, rescheduled every other appointment the day before, doesn't listen to his patients, talks over you, extremely hard to understand, possibly racist towards white people (only in my experience).
in Henderson |
I needed to see dr Yu and his staff was kind enough to to get me in. He took the time to listen to my needs and treat me headaches and the staff followed up with my tests. I would recommend him to others
in Las vegas |
Wait and wait and wait. Voice mail every time you try and make an appointment and then hope for reply. Doesnt listen probably a language barrier. I dont trust him or his office especially when office manager wont call back when you leave her a voice mail complaint. Unprofessional both office and doctor. At both offices. Dr an hour late for first appointment of the day and sat in room waiting with no communication from office staff. .
in Henderson, NV |
I think Dr. Yu is a well qualified neurologist that knows what he's doing. I was referred by my primary care doctor for chronic migraines. Dr. Yu takes the time to determine history of symptoms, former and current treatment as well as what treatment he's going to pursue to treat the medical condition.
Have you seen Dr. Santos Yu, MD?
Are you Dr. Yu?

Visit Dr. Yu

Dr. Yu accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Affiliated Health Funds
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Federal Employee Program
  • Health Plan of Nevada
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • PHCS
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
  • Triwest