Dr. Santos H. Yu, MD

Neurology Center Of Nevada

Learn about this Doctor

Neurology at it's finest. Patient care at it's best.Read more

Dr. Yu's Experience

See how Dr. Yu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yu

Dr. Yu accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Yu has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Yu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yu to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Yu
Dr. Yu's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (67)
in Las Vegas, NV |
I love Dr. Yu! Yes... he often runs late, and yes, he has an accent, but he also spends time with me when I'm with him. He listens to my complaints and tries to find a solution for me. I went to him for headaches and now I'm nearly headache free. The women at the front desk are all new now and are really sweet. The medical assistant who helped me was professional and friendly.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
He barely spoke to me, never asked me why I was there or what was wrong. When I tried telling him what was going on and what my old doctor was doing for me, which was all neurological issues. He read my history and focused on one word "fibromyalgia" said he didn't work with it and that I needed to go to my Rheumy, after explaining I couldn't he became unprofessional and rude. I asked if he could help point me in a direction to go in next, he could only repeat himself. Finally I was kicked out.
Atlanta, GA |
I've never been treated so poorly by an office and a doctor before. I arrived for my appointment on a Monday for testing that had been made three weeks prior. On the Friday before my appointment they called and confirmed and gave me my instructions. This testing would take 3 days and I had to take unpaid time off from work to do it but Dr. Santos Yu assured me it was necessary. Due to the nature of my job and not allowing to be absent hardly ever, I had
in Las Vegas, NV |
I developed a speech difficulty and was referred to Dr. Yu. Office staff not friendly at all. I waited 45 minutes past my appointment to see doctor. When he did arrive, he yawned, did not make eye contact and spent a total of 5 minutes with me. He did not pull up my MRI or report to show me the results. said he looked at it briefly and found nothing wrong . End of appointment. Made no recommendations nor did he offer an explanation for the sudden issue. DO NOT GO TO HIM.
in Henderson, NV |
My daughter used to see Dr. Brown, who I would highly recommend, but her practice is very limited (and now only older people too). So we tried Dr. Yu a few times. He is a little hard to understand, and I felt like he didn't understand my daughter's needs. He upped one medication dosage and wanted to take away another medication altogether when we specifically told him her meds that Dr. Brown prescribed for epilepsy worked great. We won't go back.
in Henderson, NV |
He seems confused. He repeats himself. I waited two hours and all he did was babble and dictate to his aid to write on the computer.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I love this doctor he's always taking excellent care of me and he's very nice
in Henderson, NV |
If I could leave "0" stars" i would. he is a jerk. I don't know how he got a medical license or hasn't had displicinary notices. Stay away. Unfortunately, there are not any good neurologist in Henderson area.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Office and medical assistant made mistake after mistake, i.e. scheduling me for an appointment at the wrong office. Very hard to contact or get return calls, average of a week, then make lame excuses (he was in a meeting ... for a WEEK?) . Medical assistant prescribed me the wrong dosage and argued with me when I caught it. Never an acknowledgement, much less apology, for any mistakes. Have scheduled the first appointment in the morning and still waited in the waiting room for over 2 hours.
Henderson, NV |
Impersonal. Arrogant. Disrespectfully long wait times. Absolutely not recommended.
in Las Vegas Nv |
Rude, inconsiderate, uncompassionate, unorganized, late, rescheduled every other appointment the day before, doesn't listen to his patients, talks over you, extremely hard to understand, possibly racist towards white people (only in my experience).
in Henderson |
I needed to see dr Yu and his staff was kind enough to to get me in. He took the time to listen to my needs and treat me headaches and the staff followed up with my tests. I would recommend him to others
in Las vegas |
Wait and wait and wait. Voice mail every time you try and make an appointment and then hope for reply. Doesnt listen probably a language barrier. I dont trust him or his office especially when office manager wont call back when you leave her a voice mail complaint. Unprofessional both office and doctor. At both offices. Dr an hour late for first appointment of the day and sat in room waiting with no communication from office staff. .
in Henderson, NV |
I think Dr. Yu is a well qualified neurologist that knows what he's doing. I was referred by my primary care doctor for chronic migraines. Dr. Yu takes the time to determine history of symptoms, former and current treatment as well as what treatment he's going to pursue to treat the medical condition.
Have you seen Dr. Santos H. Yu, MD?
Are you Dr. Yu?

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Cluster Headache
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Loss of Balance
  • Meningiomas
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Pinched Nerve
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Neurological Testing
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Occipital Nerve Block
  • Stroke Prevention

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Cebu Institute of Medicine

University of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Completed in 2004

Henry Ford Hospital

Completed in 2005

Dr. Yu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Yu has no media or publications listed.

• Tagalog

Dr. Yu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Yu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurology
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Yu

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Yu's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Yu

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Yu's Care Philosophy

Neurology at it's finest. Patient care at it's best.