Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 45

Psychiatry

Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in New Castle, PA. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD

Compassion Mental Health Services of Pennsylvania, PLLC

3124 Wilmington Rd New Castle, PA 16105 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Almanzar's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Anorexia
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Medication Management for Learning and Behavioral Disabilities
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • SIR-Spheres®
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Almanzar accepts

Dr. Almanzar accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Better Health

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Almanzar

4.5

Dr. Almanzar

JS
I was broken into pieces, and Dr. Almanzar helped me plan a way out of spiraling soul crushing anxiety. From the first visit until now on a path of positivity! Unafraid of the simple things in life.
  • Long wait times
Mar 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
He was very understanding not only on my own struggles, but he was also highly knowledgeable on his area of study, which helped us discuss on my struggles and how to handle and understand them. The secretaries were also very friendly and were flexible to help make appointments!
Apr 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
The staff Theresa and the other girls are wonderful and very understanding. Dr. Almanzar Is my main man who I respect immensely and as a professional doctor also. I have much respect for doctor's Almanzar office. He is a very understanding and compassionate man too. Respond to Review
AM – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
not very a good dr likes to play god puts patents on meds then dis cotinuse with no reson as to why
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
I've suffered with depression for years and I've taken several medications over the last fifteen years. I also did therapy, tried coping skills, meditation and the breathing techniques. I pretty much have gone through everything. I was at my lowest of the low, when the doctor talked to me about a new treatment called TMS therapy. And it was getting to the point where it was like, why not try TMS. After TMS, I am a completely different person. I enjoy everything in life that I had taken for granted those fifteen years. It has made a complete difference in my life.
B – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
When I first went to this office, I was depressed, anxious, having panic attacks every day, suicidal thoughts for myself and others. Doctor Almanzar said I had been on medication for a very long time, 18 years to be exact and there was not much medicine left to try as I had tried them all. Not one medicine took away all my symptoms it minimized they. I was blah all the time. No energy, tired, irritable and angry. I didn’t talk to my family in fear I would yell at them. Dr. Almanzar suggested TMS therapy. I didn’t know what that was, I thought about it for a few weeks and decided to go with it. I couldn’t take how I felt anymore. The first session I cried, it hurt and I thought why do I need this why can’t I just be happy! I can now say I have 4 sessions left and I do not want to be done! I am happier, not blah no panic attacks and do not get as irritated anymore! TMS - BEST decision ever! Call and ask about TMS! It may be what you need.
TMS – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
From my first visit the staff was very friendly and welcoming. Dr. Almanzar really cares and really listens to you. I never felt rushed and always had my questions and concerns answered. I owe my recovery back to a stable and productive life to Dr. Almanzar!
William Turner – Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
Dr Almanzar has been a Godsend to my husband and I. After years of struggling w/ bipolar and debilitating anxiety, he truly helped me with the right meds. And therapy suggestion. I was afraid to even go as so many docs don’t listen. He was down to earth, kind and very helpful. If you suffer from mental health- give him a shot. The staff is A+ also.
Christina J – Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
Dr. Almanzar is wonderful. I have been a patient of his using the TMS service. When I started the treatment I was having 20 anxiety attacks per day. With Dr. A's treatment of TMS, those attacks have been reduced to a few per week. It is saddening to me that more people do not know about TMS and the fantastic benefits of it. Furthermore, the office staff that Dr. A supervises makes scheduling a breeze (Liz and Teresa). The billing is done by a nice lady named Sara, who is always willing to work with you and help you understand the process. Finally, Shiane who conducts your TMS treatment is a Godsend. She ensures that during each treatment you are getting the very best results. I am overwhelmed with how much better I feel, and how much more like myself I have become. I owe this team a heaping bucket of gratitude for their kindness and erudite approach to depression.
Patrick B. – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
When I came to Compassion Mental Health, I was on multiple medications, and I felt severely depressed. I wasn’t able to fully experience life. Dr. Almanzar recommended TMS therapy. Despite some hesitation, TMS turned out to be the right treatment for my depression. Three weeks after I started TMS treatments, I was able to smile and I felt like myself again. TMS therapy literally saved my life. I would absolutely recommend Compassion Mental Health to anyone who is struggling with depression
SS – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
After 20 years and 5 psychiatrists, Dr A was the first to pin down that I'm not just depressed and anxious(boohoo)- I have Bipolar Disorder! I'm on the correct meds now and I'm not suicidal or self hating for the first time in my life! Dr A takes it slow but not too slow & he really knows his stuff. He usually asks if I have any questions at least twice during a visit and double checks if you have any other concerns at the end of the visit. It's really refreshing to feel cared about by your Dr!
Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
I just love the Drs and Staff. This by far is the best Mental Health service Provider around. I love the fact I was able to schedule my first appointment and it was I. A week after I called. I give them 10 Stars and recommend them for y’all your mental Health needs.
HG – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
Dr. Almanzar and the office staff at Compassion Mental Health have been a huge help through the most difficult time of my life. I was able to visit with Dr. Almanzar and proceed with much needed RX care very quickly compared to so many other practices that left me jumping through hoops of counselors in a blur of hopelessness. With the prescribing care of a Psychiatrist, I was quickly able to balance myself through terrible stress and depression to manage my life that had become unmanageable. Thanks to the ongoing care of Dr. Almanzar and his team at Compassion Mental health, I believe I am on the right path and healing. I have alot of work cut out for myself as I find creative ways to rebuild my life, but I know I’m on the right track. Seeing hope and feeling this positive outlook is priceless. I’m overcoming a world of terrible negativity one moment at a time and I believe I have a future to look forward to.
Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
When we first found Compassion Mental Health and Dr. Almanzar, we were at the end of our rope so to speak on how to help our daughter. She has autism and she had become a shell of who she used to be. She was very depressed and with her OCD, she was "loosing her mind" over everything. Nothing seemed to help and we were on the verge of possible hospitalization and losing hope everyday. We shed many tears over the thoughts of what that may do to her and the thoughts that we had failed her in some way. When I called Compassion, they were able to get her on their schedule immediately, other places we called couldn't get her in for up to 6 weeks or longer and we didn't have the time to wait. After spending some time with Dr. Almanzar discussing all of our concerns and the issues we had been experiencing with her, he made some changes to her medications and with follow up appointments, I am happy to say our daughter is back to her old self, maybe even better than before.
Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
I am so grateful to have experienced the professionalism and care of the Staff and Dr. A. The appointments are always timely, the office staff members are efficient and friendly. Dr. A takes his time to answer questions and explain both treatment and effectiveness of medications and options. He is always smiling and warm. His help has made us feel very well cared for.
Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
About a year ago i had checked myself into a facility where this man was my Dr. The first time I met with him he asked me 3 questions. 1) Are you feeling depressed? 2) Are you feeling suicidal? Amd my personal favorite... 3) Want kind of medication do you want? As for the first 2... No doc, I'm fine. Just thought a psych ward would be a great vacation. And as for that 3rd question?!?! Apparently he just asks what you want and hands it out. I mean, I must know what I need due to my non existent medical degree and zero experience in the field. Then during the 2nd meeting, i think he was trying to remember if he left the oven on before he left that morning. He was in the room but was nowhere to be found. Honestly, it was abhorrent!!! If thats the way this guy treats all his patients, I feel bad for those patients.
Jun 27, 2019
Great doctor and staff!
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
Compassionate staff and receptionist. Dr. Almanzar listens and advocates for sound cognitive health along with medication.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
Dr. Almanzar is super great! He actually listens to you and your concerns and needs. He takes the appropriate steps needed to get you to where you want and need to be. I haven’t been this happy in YEARS! He pays very close attention to you and gives you treatment options. He knows his medications well, is very knowledgeable and also, very kind and patient. I highly recommend him. As for the office and staff itself, I can’t praise it enough.
Mar 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?
Fantastic doctor but the woman on the phone was unacceptably rude. She was insensitive to my need and even interrupted me. She said "Thank you" and hung up! Love the doc but when I need assistance, the people on the phone should be patient and understanding and want to help. Not dismiss me AND hung up on me. I will not be returning.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Santiago Almanzar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Almanzar?