Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD

Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Bel Air, MD. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

201 Plumtree Rd Ste 200

Bel Air, MD 21015

• Amerihealth
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Kausik

See how frequently Dr. Kausik performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
Bladder Diseases
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)

Dr. Kausik's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Urology

• Urology
    Accredited by: American Board of Urology*

• Bedwetting
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Mayo Clin
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Mayo Clin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Kausik has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Kausik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kausik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kausik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kausik to family and friends
Dr. Kausik's Performance
in Bel Air, MD |
I switched to Dr. Kausik about 2 years ago on recommendation of my GP. I have had the best experience in that time. He has worked with me and helped me understand my prostate problems. He is very informative answering my questions completely and working with me to solve the problem. Recently I had a Urolift completed and am satisfied with the help in selecting the procedure, the procedure itself and the follow up. It got me off medication and corrected the prostrate problem. Thks Dr. Kausik
in Havre de Grace, MD |
Dr. Kausik did a thorough work up on me before he decided on a strategy to fix my issue. Once he decided what was necessary, he explained the situation to me and answered all my questions. The procedure went perfectly and I'm thrilled with my current lifestyle.
in Bel Air, Maryland |
Dr Kausik is an excellent Doctor. He was very thorough with his examinations and an excellent surgeon. I was having issues with urinary incontinence and frequency at night. He recommended the UROLIFT procedure which i had done on 25 October 2017. Results have been fantastic. I am now of all of my urological medications and my frequency has been substantially reduced. I would highly recommend the procedure if needed.
abingdon, md |
Dr. Kausik is a top doc in my opinion. He appears willing to spend as much time with patient as is needed to complete the consultation and answer any questions I might have. He performed a PVP on me and all went well and as explained beforehand. I Highly recommend him and his team for his specialty.
in Belcmp |
Very Professional, Made my life much better with the procedure that he performed.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Kausik is positive in the way he practices medicine and has an up beat attitude. Is very willing to explain your condition and what he can do about it. In other words he relates well and is accessible.
Aberdeen, MD |
Dr. Kausik cleared up all of my urinary problems. He was also helpful in suggesting a new procedure rather than the usual laser treatment.
in Elkton, MD |
Have been a patient for 9 years. Excellent care and service. Very thorough. Highly recommend
in Belcamp, MD |
Professional service. Dr Kausik provided excellent service, answered all questions, and gave good advice.
Havre de Grace, MD |
I cam to Dr. Kausik after a bad experience with another urologist that left me with a damaged left kidney. Dr. Kausik listened to everything I had to say and explained everything carefully. He was honest and open. I trust him completely.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Kausik is always courteous and caring. He's knowledgeable of the procedures in his field of Urology, frank and straight forward. Patient Doctor interaction is excellent and is very willing to answer any questions and concerns.
in Jarrettsville, MD |
Dr Sankar Kausik , MD is one terrific Dr. He showed a true concern for my problems . He was very helpful with my problem . The outstanding thing i found out about him is his honesty. i would recommend him to anyone who is having a urology problem. Charles Decker
Aberdeen, MD |
Dr. Kausik is very professional, takes the time to explain options and details of treatments. Very satisfied with my outcome.
in Bel Air, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kausik for about 10 years, and would recommend him without any hesitation. He is a serious doctor, who will listen to a patient and not take rash action. For example. when my PSA tested high one year, he recommended redoing the PSA test before doing a biopsy. Last year I had prostate surgury which was very successful, and I am very happy with the result.
in Abingdon, MD |
Excellent doctor. My mother-in-law, wife and I have used him. I would strongly recommend him to anyone needing a Urologist.
in Bel Air, MD |
I have seen Dr. Kausik for about 6 months now and he was very patient with me as I have Ataxia and have mobility and speech issues. After trying medication with little success, Dr. Kausik explained all my options and I just recently had my first Botox treatment. With my condition, nothing will take me back to "normal" but this treatment has certainly improved greatly my day to day issues with incontinence. The doctor and his staff made me feel very at ease during this procedure. Thank you all.
Dr Kausik wa recommend because of the exceptional care that was given. Dr Kausik very professional, very nice,highly recommend him also.
in FALLSTON Md |
Recently had Dr Kausik perform a Urolift procedure for my BHP. He thoroughly explained the procedure and expectations. The procedure itself took less than 15 min. I had no sedation just local anesthetic. He described each step as he preformed and I was able to watch it on a monitor. I went home 15 min later. The next day I was able to see a great improvement and have continued to improve. I am very pleased with Dr Kausik and his staff.
in Forest Hill, MD |
Just recently I had a kidney stone causing excruciating pain. Dr. Kausik was able to see me within a day or so of when I called, ordered a CT scan that day (Friday), reviewed the results 2 days later and recommended surgery. Dr. Kausik was very "up front" with me, discussing the treatment options and making a recommendation based on my symptoms. Because I had recently had a "pre-op" physical, he was able to schedule the surgery for the following day. The surgery went very well. I'm happy.
in Bel Air,MD |
Dr. Kausik is outstanding. The practice is well run, doctors consult to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. I was referred by a friend after getting bounced around from doctor to doctor by a large hospital in the region and this was the right choice for my situation.
in Bel Air, MD |
Very personable, attentive, and easy to understand. He is younger and up-to-date on the newest techniques and procedures. He talks to you in terms that are easy to understand. I highly recommend him.
in Churchville,MD |
Excellent experience. Surgical procedure went exactly as planned. Staff is very capable. Easy to converse with. Clear explanations of care options. Would recommend to others.
in Kingsville, Md. 21087 |
Dr. Kausik won me over at the second visit. He remembered every detail of why I had come to him and had invested time in researching the options available. I always hated people trying to jerk me around in business and I felt that every encounter with Dr. Kausik was a step forward, short or long, there was always progress. I've had two procedures performed by Dr. Kausik, the first provided five years of relief, the second, performed in October of 2016, made me feel like 25 again !
in Bel Air, MD |
Was having problems, enlarged prostrate, frequent and slow stream and overall discomfort. with Dr Kausik doing the laser surgery, everything is doing very well and I am very pleased.
in Bel Air, MD |
Highly recommend Dr. Kausik to anyone. He is highly professional. Very thorough and answers all my questions. Staffing is very professional.
in Havre de Grace Md. |
I came to Dr Kausik to seek a second opinion about a procedure> He treated me with understanding and i wound up having it done by him. Very professional manner both he and staff. Would recommend him if you are seeking the best!
Bel Air, MD |
This doctor has made my life happy again. I have had kidney stones as well as several women's urological issues over the past 3 years. He has always been available for me when I've gotten stones and is always quick to help alleviate them and the pain. I would, and have, recommended him to several of my friends and co-workers who suffer from bladder leakage and other female issues. He is very easy to talk to and explains in common language.
in Bel Air, MD |
For years I suffered from enlarged prostate and it's related effects (several prescription medications, frequent urination, incomplete urination, frequent bathroom trips during the night, etc.) Dr Kausik performed the laser surgery and as a result, I no longer take any medications, do not have my sleep interrupted, do not have the frequent urgent need to urinate and when I do urinate, I do not have to go again in a few minutes. the result is a reduction in medication and a marked improvement in
in Havre De Grace, MD |
Dr. Kausik is very thorough and efficient. I switched to him about 8 or 9 years ago because the urologist I was seeing didn't listen to me and did unnecessary procedures. Dr. K recommended the laser surgery and I am sleeping through the night again. Great guy, great doctor.
in Abingdon, MD |
Dr. Sankar Kausik has been my physician for over ten years. In that time, I have found him to be a caring, competent, and outstanding doctor. I recently underwent Urolift and would give it an unqualified recommendation.
Bel Air, MD |
Listened to me.took the time to explain the examine procedures.explained the different options I had.we and I do mean we chose Lazer surgery.it was done in his surgery unit . I couldn't be happier.i now have good flow, no pain, and only go to the bathroom once a night if at all.i get good restful sleep,.
in Baltimore, MD |
I was extremely pleased with Dr. K. He explained my options and any potential problems. He over delivered on his expectations
Have you seen Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Are you Dr. Kausik?