Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD

Urology | Male

Chesapeake Urology Assoc PA 201 Plumtree Rd Ste 200 Bel Air, MD 21015 Get Directions
Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD
Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Bel Air, MD. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Kausik is affiliated with UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.

Dr. Kausik's Experience

See how Dr. Kausik's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kausik

Dr. Kausik accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Kausik is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kausik has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kausik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kausik to family and friends
Dr. Kausik's Performance
in Elkton, MD |
Have been a patient for 9 years. Excellent care and service. Very thorough. Highly recommend
in Belcamp, MD |
Professional service. Dr Kausik provided excellent service, answered all questions, and gave good advice.
Havre de Grace, MD |
I cam to Dr. Kausik after a bad experience with another urologist that left me with a damaged left kidney. Dr. Kausik listened to everything I had to say and explained everything carefully. He was honest and open. I trust him completely.
in Bel Air, MD |
Dr. Kausik is always courteous and caring. He's knowledgeable of the procedures in his field of Urology, frank and straight forward. Patient Doctor interaction is excellent and is very willing to answer any questions and concerns.
in Jarrettsville, MD |
Dr Sankar Kausik , MD is one terrific Dr. He showed a true concern for my problems . He was very helpful with my problem . The outstanding thing i found out about him is his honesty. i would recommend him to anyone who is having a urology problem. Charles Decker
Aberdeen, MD |
Dr. Kausik is very professional, takes the time to explain options and details of treatments. Very satisfied with my outcome.
in Bel Air, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kausik for about 10 years, and would recommend him without any hesitation. He is a serious doctor, who will listen to a patient and not take rash action. For example. when my PSA tested high one year, he recommended redoing the PSA test before doing a biopsy. Last year I had prostate surgury which was very successful, and I am very happy with the result.
in Abingdon, MD |
Excellent doctor. My mother-in-law, wife and I have used him. I would strongly recommend him to anyone needing a Urologist.
in Bel Air, MD |
I have seen Dr. Kausik for about 6 months now and he was very patient with me as I have Ataxia and have mobility and speech issues. After trying medication with little success, Dr. Kausik explained all my options and I just recently had my first Botox treatment. With my condition, nothing will take me back to "normal" but this treatment has certainly improved greatly my day to day issues with incontinence. The doctor and his staff made me feel very at ease during this procedure. Thank you all.
Dr Kausik wa recommend because of the exceptional care that was given. Dr Kausik very professional, very nice,highly recommend him also.
in FALLSTON Md |
Recently had Dr Kausik perform a Urolift procedure for my BHP. He thoroughly explained the procedure and expectations. The procedure itself took less than 15 min. I had no sedation just local anesthetic. He described each step as he preformed and I was able to watch it on a monitor. I went home 15 min later. The next day I was able to see a great improvement and have continued to improve. I am very pleased with Dr Kausik and his staff.
in Forest Hill, MD |
Just recently I had a kidney stone causing excruciating pain. Dr. Kausik was able to see me within a day or so of when I called, ordered a CT scan that day (Friday), reviewed the results 2 days later and recommended surgery. Dr. Kausik was very "up front" with me, discussing the treatment options and making a recommendation based on my symptoms. Because I had recently had a "pre-op" physical, he was able to schedule the surgery for the following day. The surgery went very well. I'm happy.
in Bel Air,MD |
Dr. Kausik is outstanding. The practice is well run, doctors consult to provide the patient with the best possible outcome. I was referred by a friend after getting bounced around from doctor to doctor by a large hospital in the region and this was the right choice for my situation.
in Bel Air, MD |
Very personable, attentive, and easy to understand. He is younger and up-to-date on the newest techniques and procedures. He talks to you in terms that are easy to understand. I highly recommend him.
in Churchville,MD |
Excellent experience. Surgical procedure went exactly as planned. Staff is very capable. Easy to converse with. Clear explanations of care options. Would recommend to others.
in Kingsville, Md. 21087 |
Dr. Kausik won me over at the second visit. He remembered every detail of why I had come to him and had invested time in researching the options available. I always hated people trying to jerk me around in business and I felt that every encounter with Dr. Kausik was a step forward, short or long, there was always progress. I've had two procedures performed by Dr. Kausik, the first provided five years of relief, the second, performed in October of 2016, made me feel like 25 again !
in Bel Air, MD |
Was having problems, enlarged prostrate, frequent and slow stream and overall discomfort. with Dr Kausik doing the laser surgery, everything is doing very well and I am very pleased.
in Bel Air, MD |
Highly recommend Dr. Kausik to anyone. He is highly professional. Very thorough and answers all my questions. Staffing is very professional.
in Havre de Grace Md. |
I came to Dr Kausik to seek a second opinion about a procedure> He treated me with understanding and i wound up having it done by him. Very professional manner both he and staff. Would recommend him if you are seeking the best!
Bel Air, MD |
This doctor has made my life happy again. I have had kidney stones as well as several women's urological issues over the past 3 years. He has always been available for me when I've gotten stones and is always quick to help alleviate them and the pain. I would, and have, recommended him to several of my friends and co-workers who suffer from bladder leakage and other female issues. He is very easy to talk to and explains in common language.
in Bel Air, MD |
For years I suffered from enlarged prostate and it's related effects (several prescription medications, frequent urination, incomplete urination, frequent bathroom trips during the night, etc.) Dr Kausik performed the laser surgery and as a result, I no longer take any medications, do not have my sleep interrupted, do not have the frequent urgent need to urinate and when I do urinate, I do not have to go again in a few minutes. the result is a reduction in medication and a marked improvement in
in Havre De Grace, MD |
Dr. Kausik is very thorough and efficient. I switched to him about 8 or 9 years ago because the urologist I was seeing didn't listen to me and did unnecessary procedures. Dr. K recommended the laser surgery and I am sleeping through the night again. Great guy, great doctor.
in Abingdon, MD |
Dr. Sankar Kausik has been my physician for over ten years. In that time, I have found him to be a caring, competent, and outstanding doctor. I recently underwent Urolift and would give it an unqualified recommendation.
Bel Air, MD |
Listened to me.took the time to explain the examine procedures.explained the different options I had.we and I do mean we chose Lazer surgery.it was done in his surgery unit . I couldn't be happier.i now have good flow, no pain, and only go to the bathroom once a night if at all.i get good restful sleep,.
in Baltimore, MD |
I was extremely pleased with Dr. K. He explained my options and any potential problems. He over delivered on his expectations
Have you seen Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Are you Dr. Kausik?

Compare Dr. Kausik

Dr. Kausik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Kausik has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kausik's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Completed in 1997

Mayo Clin

Completed in 2002

• Russian

Dr. Kausik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kausik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Prostate Removal
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry