Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD

UrologyMaleAge 48

Telehealth services available
201 Plumtree Rd Ste 210 Bel Air, MD 21015

Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD is a Urology Specialist in Bel Air, MD and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kausik has more experience with Urinary Conditions, Urinary Calculi & Removal, and Urologic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albany Medical College medical school in 1996. He is affiliated with University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kausik to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD with other Urology Specialists near you

Dr. Kausik's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kausik

Dr. Kausik?
  • Explained conditions well (111)
  • Listened & answered questions (111)
  • Staff friendliness (111)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
I had the UroLift procedure performed by Dr. Kausik mid-January 2021. The procedure itself probably took about 15-20 minutes. In my case it took 5 implants so the prostate no longer squeezed the urethra. It was pretty painless but quite weird and somewhat uncomfortable, but easily tolerated for an old guy with just local numbing. The side effects for the first few days were the constant feeling that you need to pee...right now - I can’t wait. Also I had some slight burning and peed blood with some small blood clots coming out with the pee, which seeing that was kind of freaky at first, but you got use to it after a few peeing sessions. About the third day and thereafter, I was peeing like a teenager again with no pain or problems peeing. The best part is, at most, I'm only getting up once a night to pee - thank you Dr. Kausik. I don’t know any of Dr. Kausik's other patients, but I’ll bet he has plenty of other happy patients who have benefited from his experience and expertise.
Dave K. – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Dr. Sankir Kausik performed a UroLift procedure for me on 22 Oct 2020. Deciding on the UroLift procedure and choosing Dr. Kausik as the surgeon were the best decisions I made to resolve the effects of my BPH. After enduring the symptoms of BPH for over 20-years, the availability of UroLift and the 2 to 3-weeks recovery were worth it. I owe the success to Doctor Kausik's skill in performing the UroLift procedure. I noticed improvements in my ability to empty my bladder by the second and third weeks. My urine flow has increased significantly. I sleep soundly and uninterrupted for 6 to 7-hours each night unless I don't limit my intake of fluids late in the day and evening. I experienced no adverse consequences except for some significant pain during urination the first few days after the procedure. I recommend getting ahead of the pain curve by taking the prescribed pain meds as soon as possible after the procedure.
CJ – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Recently had a Urolift procedure done my Dr. Kausik. Everything went great, staff is friendly and efficient, Dr. Kausik explains everything well and answers questions. Procedure went great.
Jan 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
After several years of urinary problems due to enlarged prostate I was referred to Dr. Kausik. After the requisite examination it was determined that a green laser treatment was the only option that would relieve all my symptoms. It was 100% correct. The procedure was done at the office, healing was easy and took only about two weeks. There was virtually no discomfort while the healing process went on. After three months I'm sleeping through the night and ALL my symptoms are gone. It could not have gone better.
Robert Allen – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Excellent care. Nurses preparing for surgery were very good, and fully explained procedure and likely after care experiences. Appointment was on time and handled without delay.
Nov 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Dr Kausik is very encouraging and helpful. He answers questions very quickly on his portal and is always available. It is difficult to get an office visit in Bel Air so the portal is extremely helpful especially with UTI's.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Liz – Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
I’m a senior citizen and have seen several urologists over the years. Dr Kausik had my trust from the very beginning. I was comfortable speaking w. him and he handled my procedure w. the utmost skill & concern. My ability to access the doctor’s website was easy and he always returned answers to my questions in a timely manner. The office staff was caring & efficient. I utilized both of Dr Kausik’s offices in Havre de Grace and in Bel Air. Scheduling my appointments were easy and I always received confirmations & reminders. I am so fortunate to have Dr Kausik as my urologist.
M Jonczak – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Dr. Kausik has been my Urologist since Oct 2009. I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer which was removed by him. I have been cancer free since then. Recently I had the urolift procedure performed by Dr. Kausik. The procedure went exactly as described with the results described and actually healed faster than anticipated. Over the past 11 years I have had countless cystoscopies to check for cancer and now with the Urolift, I have always been treated with the utmost respect and have received excellent care. Dr. Kausik and his staff have been awesome with my questions, concerns and fears of the procedures and care given. I completely trust my doctor and his staff. I will continue to be treated by Dr Kausik and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone needing an Urologist and treatment.
George Mc – Sep 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
I saw Dr. Sankar J. Kausik, MD for my Kidney Stone problem. After the CT Scan I was told I had Multiple Stones, (3) 9 mm stones in the left Kidney and (2) 4.5 mm stones in the right Kidney. He performed Cystoureterscopy with Laser Lithoptripsy and Stent placement on July 9th 2020. I was kept very comfortable and everyone was so caring and informed me of everything that was going to be done. He did a great job and I would highly recommend him for a Urologist. After the stent was removed, I began passing pieces of the blasted stone with no problem at all. The followup Ultrasound on September 4th showed only one piece left and I passed that on September 5th. A total of 32 pieces passed with no pain what so ever. He is a very caring person and extremely friendly. I was very concerned when I heard the word Multiple but he said it would be no problem and he was right. Thank you Dr. Kausik!
Richard Chaney – Sep 07, 2020
Great Dr.
Timothy Beaudette – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Dr Kausik performed the Urolift surgery for my BPH. Best decision I ever made. Dr. Kausik was professional, caring and made me feel at ease during the 20 minute procedure. Recovery was 1 week and I was able to exercise and other activities after the 1 week. Urolift is much quicker recovery than TURP ,which my brother had a year ago.
Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Very personable, knowledgeable and professional. Explained my situation clearly and did not try to “sell” a procedure I didn’t need.
Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Very friendly and professional. Explains well and does not talk down to the patient.
tyre jay – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
I first saw Dr. Kausik in March 2020 to discuss treatment for my enlarged prostate which caused frequent trips to the bathroom, slow stream, leakage, etc. Dr. Kausik listened to my concerns and we discussed the Urolift procedure which I agreed to have done. Covid-19 caused surgery to be postponed until June. I elected to have anesthesia and the procedure went great. I was told I would have a fair amount of discomfort the first couple of days which I did. After the 2nd day I felt substantially better and after 5 weeks I feel terrific. I use to get up 3-4 times a night (or more) to urinate, but now I get up once to urinate if at all. I no longer have the above described issues that were present prior to surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Kausik as he will take the time to listen to what problems you are having and will answer all of your questions. He's an excellent surgeon. The front desk and nursing staff were wonderful, very friendly, and professional. Stanley S. Jarrettsville, Md
Stanley S. – Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Dr. Kausik is very patient and thorough in explaining test results, treatment procedures and treatment options. I highly recommend him for anyone needing a urologist. He is also very personable and easy to talk with.
James Glod – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Been his patient for many years. An outstanding physician and an outstanding practice. The office staff, the PA, Stacy, the entire team is great. Dr. Kausik listens and seems never rushed. He recommended the Urolift procedure to me 2 years ago and it was life changing. One final point: you call the office and don’t get a maze of numbers but a real person! A great physician and great practice.
Frank McFadden – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
Knowledgeable and cordial. Excellent bed side manner. Technically astute.
Jun 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Kausik with complete confidence. He has always treated me with respect and has been very forthcoming with any relevant information. During a recent procedure, I received top rate care and was treated very professionally by the entire staff.
Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
I am 76 years old and have been living with BPH for several years. Fortunately I have an excellent primary care physician that recommended Dr. Sankar Kausik. After discussing all options with Dr. Kausik and my primary care physician, I decided to proceed with the UroLift option. Dr. Kausik’s team took about 25 minutes to prepare me for the procedure. I did not need to be anesthetized and remained awake. Dr. Kausik took about 15 minutes to implant the UroLift and the procedure was virtually painless. I was comfortable throughout the operation. I was amazed at how quick and easy it was for me. It has been five (5) weeks now since Dr. Kausik performed the UroLift procedure. I am able to urinate forcefully again and fully empty my bladder. Now for the first time in many years I can sleep throughout the night. I highly recommend Dr. Sankar Kausik and Chesapeake Urology.
Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?
I visited Dr Kausik for a UroLift procedure in January 2020 and have been pleased with every aspect of the interaction. The office staff was excellent, wait times were minimal, and the medical staff was both friendly and professional. As I had done a bit of research on this procedure in advance, I selected Dr Kausik specifically because of his experience with it. In my initial visit, Dr Kausik took the time to walk through all of the other options available to ensure the procedure was appropriate for me. On the day of the procedure, Dr Kausik and the surgical team were fantastic. No one really wants to have something like this done, but they were so positive and efficient that I was in and out in no time without issues. I started seeing the benefits of the procedure within 2 weeks and things continue to improve.
BD – Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sankar Kausik, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kausik?

• Urology