Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD

Rheumatology ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Kapil

Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Lake Mary, FL and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University in 1988 and specializes in rheumatology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kapil accepts

Dr. Kapil accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
CHAMPVA
Coventry Health Care
Florida Hospital Healthcare System
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Humana HMO
Humana PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Meritain Health
POMCO Group
Tricare
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare PPO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Kapil's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kapil's Top Procedures and Conditions

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Dr. Kapil treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
  • Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
Gout

Dr. Kapil treats Gout more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acute Gout
  • Juvenile Gout
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Kapil treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Kapil's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Infusion Therapy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

6.140350877192983%

Dr. Kapil?
Dr. Kapil's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD
I have been with Dr. Kapil for more than 10 years now. He would see me and my mom together. When my passed away, he was he was just as emotional as I was. Last few months I didn't see him when I came in But I didn't know he was fighting for his own life. RIP Dr. Sanjiv Kapil! I will miss you. Condolences to his family and staff. I will miss him so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Went to him for several years and finally got fed up with not seeing him, only a Nurse Practitioner and still paying the same price. He also wouldn't give me something for the excruciating pain I was always in then wanted me to travel to UCF for my care. Never again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Horrible Doctor. He refuses to answer questions and tells me to look it up on the internet.New patient with a new diagnosis. Confused and disgusted! When he ask me questions he wants a 1 word answer and I was told do not elaborate. He runs so many patients through like it is a pill mill. Avoid him at all costs!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
My wife and I have been going to Dr. Kapil for several years. We have always been treated with much respect. His PA's are great. They listen to what you have to say. Dr. Kapil has also got us into some drug studies which have been a big help to both of us. Would highly recommend Dr. Kapil and staff. We just moved to Alabama and wished they could have come with us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Dr. Kapil is a life saver. Being new to central Fl, I couldn’t find a Rheumatologist that would follow up with my care from WA state. Dr. Kapil took the time to read through 11 years of labs, X-rays, MRI’s, scans, medication and follow-up and come up with good, quality care. Although my condition has evolved, he’s always on top of my test results with the correct line of care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kapil and his exemplary nurses and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
I found Dr. Kapil very through. He was informative and willing to answer all of my questions. He was also open to hearing my perspective on certain medications I had prior experience with. He thought that perhaps some of my pain in one area might possibly be not related to my RA and seeing a spinal orthopedist seemed to confirm that. Each time I had a follow-up visit, once Dr. Kapil felt I was relatively stable, I began seeing his Nurse Practitioners who were specialists on Rheumatology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Dr.Kapil is a straight forward Dr who tells you like it is about your condition. Chary,Silvia, and Ariana in the front office takes care of our next Appointments and calling in our medications.They are very efficient and extremely very friendly and helpful. It is a pleasure going to this office when we have an appointment. We would highly recommend Dr.Kapil as a Rheumatology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Been seeing him for years and always thought he was a great doctor. The last few years his office has gotten very busy and now you only get to see a PA. They ask questions but don’t listen to the answers and don’t want you questioning treatment. I come out of there depressed with the hopelessness of my joint issues. Now they are telling me to go get another opinion! I suppose it’s time to move on to another doctor that has the time. Not impressed with all the new office staff he’s hired either
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Not an overly friendly Dr or Staff but they get the job done. Office is small but clean I never wait more than 10 minutes. Dr, is a "just the facts" kind of Dr. He has great P.A.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
I was very impressed with my first visit with Dr. Kapil. He spent almost an hour with me at my appointment. He went over my entire health history. He never seemed rushed. He was very caring and compassionate. I had always let my primary Dr. handle everything until he moved out of state. Dr. Kapil explained the importance of making sure I see the specialists I need for my condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Dr Kapil is a nice man. Unfortunately, his office staff in Lake Mary are HORRIBLE. After a visit five weeks ago, I'm still waiting for them to call in my lupus medication! Its ridiculous and I'm now seeking out another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
I am si thankful I found Dr Kapil and his staff. I have spent what seems like an eternity trying to get a diagnosis so I can begin a treatment course to start feeling better. Other doctors did not order the correct tests or were actually unable to read results of you can imagine that. Dr Kapil spent time necessary with me to gather information as nt order tests that were imperative to my diagnosis. He is a very through and compassionate physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
I have to give Dr. Kapil and his staff and full 5 stars. He is very knowledgeable and is able to provide his patients thorough care from the very first visit. His staff is very friendly and helpful in each interaction with his patients. I would absolutely recommend Dr Kapil to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
My experience left me feeling empty. He has 2 N.P.'s, one is very good, the othe, K.L., is impersonal, rarely looks at you & asks a series of questions I've heard over and over when at the office. Interestingly enough, when I said I wish you could be more personable, her response was that we work together as a team for my best health. What a bunch of crock! It's too bad that his office is the only one in the Lake Mary area as I need to be on methatrexate & have to get a prescription for it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
First appt today and he was thorough! We went over all symptoms and exam was a complete history along with a series of specific questions. Physical exam covered all joints and lab and radiology orders followed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
I was completely embarassed at my last visit. I saw his nurse practitioner, who always spent more time with me than he EVER did. At my last visit, I simply asked the nurse if I could speak to the doctor and go over my recent bloodwork with him. Afterall, I am paying to see HIM, not his nurse. When he came to see me, he YELLED at me and embarrassed me! I almost cried, and I am a 60 yr old mother. I would never expect a doctor to treat a patient that way, when all I did was ask to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
MY WIFE HAS BEEN A PATIENT FOR SEVERAL YEARS. DR KAPIL HAS BEEN GREAT WITH HER. I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT FOR LESS THAN A YEAR , HE IS ALSO GREAT WITH ME. LETICIA IS SPECIAL AND MAKES YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WHILE WAITING. SHE ALSO SEEMS TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AS TO EVERYTHING GOING ON.
Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Excellent bedside manner. Very attentative to your concerns. Staff is wonderful. Very knowledgeable. Dr. Lane is also very good. In the infusion department, Janiceanx her team are outstanding. They make my monthly treatments a lot more bearable. I highly recommend this office if you need care for RA, lupus or any infusions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
The doctor has expanded his practice to include 2 nurse practitioners. I didn't mind seeing them because the doctor doesn't listen. They do. If you had a question or read something, you could discuss this with them. He would get annoyed. I had a reason to question my treatment. I have been taking rheumatoid arthritis meds for 6 years. I don't have rheumatoid. I have osteoarthritis. I was in bad shape physically. I changed doctors and I now I feel great. I never thought I would feel good again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Dr. Kapil and his staff are great. He is kind and never seems to be in a hurry. The staff all seem to get along well and work together seamlessly, and keep appointments right on time. I think Janice is the leader of the medical assistants and all my interactions with her have been helpful. She is uplifting, knows how to do everything, keeps everyone on the ball without coming across as bossy. The insurance gal takes care of approvals so that patients don't have to wait for their treatment.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kapil?

Florida Arthritis Center

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kapil treats patients.