Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD

Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD

Rheumatology | Male | 52 years old

Dr. Kapil specializes in Rheumatology and practices in Lake Mary, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Kapil? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Kapil's Experience

See how Dr. Kapil's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kapil

Dr. Kapil accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kapil has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kapil
Dr. Kapil's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (84)
in Apopka, FL |
I think he is an awful doctor. Only yes or no questions. Sometimes there are gray areas that need explaining and he doesn't allow you to explain. I have been to his office approximately four or five times and was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and have yet to be put on any type of medication to help with the inflammation. However, they want me to go back in January. For what??? Nothing??. I can endure pain without having to pay a co-pay. There is no way I'll go back to him.
in Oviedo, FL |
First of all, Dr. Kapil is extremely knowledgeable. He is soft spoken and very patient. I am a disabled mother with many diagnoses and he gives me peace as he takes all of my illnesses into consideration. He never rushes the visit, and when I leave his office, he has answered all of my concerns and put me at ease, (I am super anxious!) He's a calm person, which gives me calm, and I trust him with my life because I know that he understands my chronic fatigue and pain. I will keep him!!
in Windermere, FL |
I've always had a great experience!! Love, love, love Theresa!!! Excellent provider! My infusion experience is so amazing with Janice and Michelle!! Janice makes the 2 hours so bearable, love her and she is always so happy and caring!
in Sanford, FL |
I am very happy with my choice of Dr. Dr. Kapil is very knowledgeable and has a kind spirit. Dr. Zimmmer is also great. I just started infusions and was very apprehensive, but Janice was wonderful! We actually had fun in the Infusion room.
in Orlando, FL |
Absolutely terrible! I come down with a pain in my knee. My knees swelled up with synovial fluid, I go to the hospital and both knees are drained. They then refer me to Dr. Kapil. His office tells me that I have to wait 5 MONTHS before I can see him. I finally go see him, he says "hm.. Something is wrong with you" Gives me pain medication, tells me to go get tests done. It takes a month and a half to get those done. I schedule an appointment for next month where they tell me to go another doctor
Mt. Dora, Florida |
Very knowledgable and caring Doctor.
Deltona, Florida |
I am very satisfied with the Dr's care. He is very educated in his field. I have been a patient for over 3 years, and am doing very well under his care and guidance.
in Debary, FL |
Dr Kapil and his staff are the best. I would always recommend them.
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Kapil is wonderful I have been going to see him for over 4 years now and would not change. the office staff is great Janice and Amy are super people at the job they do. Janice is great with the infusions and It makes the best out of a bad thought of going and getting poked with a needle and getting the meds when you have pleasant staff to deal with!!!
Orlando, FL |
I feel like my visits simply consist of the same series of questions about my condition but when given a negative rating on a symptom it doesn't go any further. Recommendations are based on the latest drug on the market. No offer to treat that particular symptom. Why ask the questions then?
in Deltona, Fl |
Dr Kapil is very knowledgeable , professional and the infusion team (Rosa, Michelle and Janice) work tirelessly to make sure we have and get our infusions timely. Amy especially works very hard communicating with the insurances to make sure payment and credits are applied timely. You cannot get a better team.
Orlando, FL |
I love the doctor and his staff. Amy, Janice and Michelle are amazing! They make infusion therapy easy and comfortable! I also love Theresa. I trust this team and feel like they are always here for me.
in Lake Mary |
Have been a patient for 5 years. Excellent staff. Never any issues with referrals or prior authorizations for medication (infusions and injections). His PA is amazing!!
in Deltona, FL |
would recommend him in a heartbeat phenomena outstanding Dr.and staff.
in Winter Park, FL |
I receive Remicade at Dr.Kapils and I would not go anywhere else... his staff is top notch !! My Remicade visits are made easier with his staff and especially Janice.. her humor and outlook is very contagious, and if you suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, every smile and laugh counts. I actually left one doctor after someone recommended Dr.Kapil to me and I have not looked for anyone since.
in Eustis, Fl |
Dr Kapil, Kelly & Theresa always take their time to listen and are never rushing you out of the office. Their staff are always great as well! Highly recommend
Floral City, FL |
Severe RA - 30 years, 15 surgeries, 8 joint replacements, visibly disabled. waited 3 months for an apt, no meds until lots of tests & 2 months for follow up, promised me new meds. But then told me no new meds-go to my friend Dr and do medical trial, nothing for pain-take Tylenol, can't have Naprosyn-not safe, take Methotrexate- told him makes me sick, Enbrel ( my insurance won't pay), Plaquenil & only have 10 - 5 mg Prednisone a month. For pain- go to pain clinic. I wasn't asking for narcotics!
in Orange City, FL |
I called Dr. Kapil's office on Feb 8 and was told that his first available appointment to see me was in May. I had read all of the other reviews and still decided to take my chance and see him anyhow. Big mistake on my part. I wasted those few months when I could have received quality care elsewhere. His office staff called me on the phone with the diagnoses and when I asked for more info about it, I was told to do my own research online. During the 2nd appt, he pretty much brushed me off.
in Longwood, FL |
Very helpful and very nice staff
in Apopka, FL |
In my opinion Dr Kapil has way too many patients to be able to provide a decent level of care. I almost always have a 45 minute to 1 hr wait, I have walked out because I had to get back to work and had already waited 45 minutes. You can tell Dr Kapil doesn't remember you when you come in for regular appointments, it is like a cattle call. Twice in his care I have had prescription snafus and he was so unconcerned and did not get involved in any way.
in Winter Park, FL |
The Office Staff is amazing!
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Kapil and his staff are wonderful. I have been seeing him for 4+ years!
I did not see Dr. Kapil at this visit. Consulted w/ Theresa Zimmer , who I like very much.
in Saint Cloud, FL |
He is a very caring and detailed Dr. of Rheumatology! He came highly recommended by my primary physician and I would highly recommend him to patients in need of care that suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.
Have you seen Dr. Sanjiv Kapil, MD?
Are you Dr. Kapil?

Compare Dr. Kapil

Dr. Kapil's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Kapil has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kapil's Board Certifications

• Gout
  • Gouty Arthropathy
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

University Nev

Completed in 1994

University Of Washington

Completed in 1996

Dr. Kapil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kapil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology