Dr. Sanjaykumar Hapani, MD

Dr. Sanjaykumar Hapani, MD

Oncology  |
Dr. Sanjaykumar Hapani, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in Oklahoma City, OK. He is 36 years old.

13301 N Meridian Ave Ste 501

Oklahoma City, OK 73120

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma

Learn about Dr. Hapani

See how frequently Dr. Hapani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood Disorders
Anemia
Cancer

Dr. Hapani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Oncology

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bullous Pemphigoid
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cholangiocarcinoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hemochromatosis
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

• Lumbar Puncture
  • Pain Medication Management
  • Thoracentesis
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Bj Civil Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • SUNY Stony Brook Med Ctr
  • Stony Brook University Hospital S U N Y Health Sciences Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hapani has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Hapani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hapani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hapani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hapani to family and friends
Dr. Hapani's Performance
Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Hapani has been my Oncologist/Hematologist since Nov, 2013 when I was diagnosed with Hairy Cell Leukemia. After an initial blood test and bone marrow biopsy he has regularly tested my blood and tracked the results, keeping me informed of them and the things I needed to do and not do. This year, 2017, my counts had dropped to the point where I needed treatment. I was informed what what the treatment would consist of, where and for how long. I have made great progress since thanks to his care.
in Yukon, OK |
Dr. Hapani literally saved my life. I was diagnosed very suddenly in September, 2015 with Acute Myeloid Leukrmia. From the beginning, Dr. Hapani was very forward thinking and when it became apparent I was not going into remission with the standard treatment protocols helped connect us with MD Anderson. I was able to participate in a clinical trial that finally put me into remission, and I had a bone marrow transplant in August, 2016. I have continued to regain my health, thanks to Dr. Hapani!
in Edmond, OK |
Dr. Hapani is knowledgeable, caring and an excellent communicator. He offers hope and realistic outcomes. He is available and willing to take as long as you need to understand your treatment protocol. I went to him nearly 3 years ago...very scared and concerned. When i left his office after our first meeting, I had hope and knew I was in great hands! I believe he was a godsend. I am healthy and well and know Dr. Hapani played an important part in that. If I could give 10 stars I would.
Oklahoma City, OK |
He is great a finding out what is wrong with you. He really cares about people. He came an saw me on a Saturday in the hospital even though I wasn't his patient. He found what was wrong with me when other doctors could not. He listens to my concerns and doesn't mind me asking lots of questions. He always explains what he wants me to do and why he wants me to do it. He is really when we make strides in my health.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Hapani is a unique find in Oklahoma City, where health care is not always the best of the best , He listens attentively, is not quick to prescribe unnecessary pills, and provides advice to treat the underlying issue and not just what lies on the surface. His office staff is very friendly, I never have to wait long. The appointments are straightforward, as Dr. Hapani actually remembers me, knows me and my records, each and every time. I consider him a friend.
in oklahoma city, ok |
Dr. Hapani is, by far, the best doctor I've ever encountered. His knowledge and understanding of both typical and extremely rare medical conditions surpass any other doctor I've met. His understanding of the application of different therapies, medications, and treatments is accurate, well-informed, and on-target. I have encountered many of his patients that directly credit him with saving their lives. I am one of those patients myself. He is also kind and caring. BEST you'll find. Go to him.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
He found a serious health problem that others had completely missed. One surgeon recommended exploratory surgery, which would have completely missed the problem. I was able to have the specific surgery that I needed. He also recommended me to Mayo Clinic, which took care of the remainder of my health issues, and now I am finally back to work after over a year of medical leave. He honestly cares about his patients, and he tries hard to help, even in complex medical issues.
in Holdenville, OK |
Our experience with Dr. Hapani was invaluable! He was quick to act and helped in the convenience of his treatment! My husband was severely anemic. He had been dealing with ascites for over eight years. After many procedures and tests nothing was productive. My husband's gastroenterologist, Dr. Sachdev, referred us to Dr. Hapani after blood transfusions didn't help his blood count. Dr. Hapani saw my husband almost immediately. Thank goodness! Treatment has made him feel 100% better!
in Loyal, ok |
We are so thankful for Dr. Hapani and his.staff. Seems like scarey stuff brings us to see this wonderful doctor and his crew. Dr. Hapani makes us feel important in a seafull of sickness. Pat, his nurse is willing to help (I think even on her day off)reassure us in one of those times. Tony went out of her busy day to help us!!!!! Thank ylu.all so muxh!!!!!
in Yukon, OK |
Dr. Hapani saw me that very day I was diagnosed with Breast cancer. He saves time each day for urgent visits such as this. He is one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever met. He is very honest and takes the time to listen to your concerns. Everyone I meet, I recommend him to them. Even the nurses at Deaconess Hospital told me during one of my stays that I was lucky to have him as my doctor and I agree!
in Moore , OK |
Dr. Hapani has allways been upfront and honest. Very compassionate and caring, we experienced many aggressive health changes and Dr. Hapani was allways available and involved personally with every step of treatment and care.
in Ada, Ok |
At age 31, I was told I had an enlarged spleen. Two years later, it had grown larger. I was able to see Dr. Cairus at Mercy. At my first appointment with Dr. Ciarus, he spoke with Dr. Hapani. They were able to work out a plan for me to help as soon as possible. The very next day I had an appointment with Dr. Hapani. He was great! Very informative and thorough. Within a week he had answers he needed in order to make the best decision for me. Dr. Hapani and his Ada staff have been the best!
in OKC, OK |
I believe the term 'Above, and Beyond' aptly describes Dr. Hapani's Care. His knowledge and communication skills are Amazing, and his bedside manner, along with the compassion that he obviously has for the patient, and his family, added Hope, Confidence, and Trust to my husband's very stressful hospitalization. In a situation where most of the Staff were Specialists, Dr. Hapani set himself apart by being SPECIAL! I see a bright future for this young man and recommend him without hesitation.
in Moore Oklahoma |
He is a amazing Doctor ! I have a lot of Blood problems & he is the only Doctor I have had that listens to me ! He is giving me Blood & Iron ! He has a great Bed side man or ! Never in a hurry !
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer December 2013 at Mercy ER , I was referred to Dr. Hapani who saw me the following business day. Dr. Hapani went over all my options with my form of cancer keeping in mind my other illnesses .HIs treatment plan was aggressive since I was a stage 4. I had severe side effects which he was able to control due to his knowledge of the latest advancements in treatments of cancer which allowed me to live longer. He always is pleasant and never gives the rushed feeling
in Guthrie, OK |
My daughter was diagnosed with Stage 3 Mutiple Myeloma in February 2015. We first saw Dr. Haponi at Mercy Hospital and have continued with treatment with him. I am so very thankful that we were referred to him, he has over 20 multiple myeloma patients and is up on all the very latest drugs and trials. He is a brilliant doctor who has a heart of compassion for ALL of his patients. I have seen him almost every week for over a year and would NEVER consider having a change. The Very Best!!
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Hapani was called in to consult on my case when I was at Mercy rehab hospital. I was 90% paralysized and he suspected that I may be misdiagnosed and suggested I go to the Mayo clinic for further evaluation. He was right! Turns out I have very rare disease called porphyria and he specializes in treating it. Because of his treatment, I'm now walking, driving and even playing golf on good days. My wife and I are so blessed to have him. He gave me my life back and is a total rock star!
in Kingfisher, Oklahoma |
Being told you have Cancer is the most helpless scary feeling. When living in a rural area where Cancer Dr's are not available the weekly drive to OKC is so worth it. Step by step Dr Hapani explained to us the type of cancer and what is available as far as treatment. Being able to talk with him, him answering question and you not feeling like you're rushed. Having a honest,caring,concerned Dr gives the patient and family a comfort. Dr Hapani is very knowledgeable and awesome. WeThank God for him
in Yukon Ok |
I met Dr Hapani in the ER/ICU at Mercy in October 2013. I was diagnoised with an ultra rare disease called a-HUS. It requires me to have infusions every two weeks for the rest of my life (or they find a cure). I take the infusion there in his clinic. His nurses and staff are awesome. Dr Hapani always has a smile for you, He's very easy to talk to, explains what he is doing for you and why. He seeks out conferences to learn more about my disease and others. I would highly recommend him.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
He is a very caring person who has kept me advised on every aspect of my condition and treatment. He contacted me when I was still in the ER from his home and came to see me in the Hospital the next day! He's been very considerate to my family and answers all of their questions.
in Okc, OK |
Eeferred to Dr Hapani for colon cancer. He is very thorough and was not in a rush at all. Have nothing but confidence in this doctor and am glad I was referred to his office.
Have you seen Dr. Sanjaykumar Hapani, MD?
Are you Dr. Hapani?

• Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma
    Coventry Health Care of Oklahoma HMO
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance