Dr. Sanjay Sharma, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Sanjay Sharma, MD
Dedication, Compassion, & Excellence

Dr. Sharma's Care Philosophy

The practice of medicine is broad and sweeping, with various disciplines of internal medicine and surgery. I chose a surgical career based on the ability to directly intervene and help those injured and most acutely in need. The specialty of plastic surgery is unique because allows me to reconstruct and restore lost form and function. As it pertains to hand surgery, the intricate and exquisite anatomy appealed to me greatly. Our hands help translate our mind's thoughts into actionable events. I am grateful to be able to help patients return to work, sport or artistry with minimal down time.

Dr. Sharma's Experience

See how Dr. Sharma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sharma

Dr. Sharma accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Sharma is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Sharma has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sharma to family and friends
    Dr. Sharma Says:

This is Dr. Sharma responding to the 8/9/2016 Review: Thank you so much for sharing your story with others and your kind words on the skill of the doctor! We are happy to hear that you are doing so much better and that you have regained full function.

This is Dr. Sharma responding to the 02/27/16 Review: We are sorry that your

...

Dr. Sharma's Performance
    in Austin, TX |
    Outstanding care. From the moment he steps in the room you know that you will be taken care of. He is one of the most patient-oriented doctors I have ever met. Outstanding support staff including dedicated hand therapy department.
    He did my hand surgery and did an excellent job. The office staff were great also. Whould go to again.
    Austin, TX |
    Dr. Sharma and his staff provided excellent care for my daughter when she broke her pinky. I am so grateful for his expertise and wonderful bedside manner.
    in Austin, TX |
    Dr. Sharma: a gifted surgeon w/ an endearing personality. ¡He listens! A well-rounded professional from Office etiquette to post-Op visits. His radiant face reflects this & so does his Staff. One visit & my "surgery anxiety" racheted down to "complete confidence." Dr. Sharma 1/ Heard me 2/ Walked me through it all 3/ Paid attention 4/ Gave me the results *I wanted.* See, employees CAN love their jobs when they work for a dedicated, caring "boss." Always saw me on-time. 5-Star breast reduction!
    in Austin, TX |
    I saw Dr. Sharma for a nerve injury in my right hand. His exam was thorough but he did not request or recommend further testing until low intervention treatment had been given. After OT there was no need for further tests. I was impressed with his focus on my healing. And his staff was also very supportive.
    in Cedar Park, TX |
    Dr. Sharma is unquestionably at the very top of his field. His expertise, talent, and caring nature not only saved my thumb from being amputated after a gun exploded in my hand, I had full functionality in less than 6 months following the accident. As an added bonus the traumatized area is almost unnoticeable. He is an absolute artist.
    in Austin, TX |
    Has great bedside manner, helped me understand my problem and offered multiple solutions. I like his office staff and nurse, Sarah as well. I like the ability to communicate via health portal too. Means I don't need to keep coming back or wait for a callback if I have a question.
    Austin, TX |
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Sharma, he is a great listener, very compassionate and professional. He helped me understand my diagnosis and the treatment needed.
    I feel as though I was a practice surgery, trial and error. My first surgery was a extensor Tenden repair,and second was a tendon transfer. I'm just disappointed in the communication I received on what to expect. I'm hoping the 3rd surgery goes better.
    We would love to discuss your outcome and concerns further. Unfortunately we have no way of recognizing or finding out who you are. If you like to discuss further, please contact our office and speak to Julia Garcia, 512-324-8320.
    Have you seen Dr. Sanjay Sharma, MD?

Dr. Sharma says...

Dedication, Compassion, & Excellence

Dr. Sharma's Care Philosophy

The practice of medicine is broad and sweeping, with various disciplines of internal medicine and surgery. I chose a surgical career based on the ability to directly intervene and help those injured and most acutely in need.  The specialty of plastic surgery is unique because allows me to reconstruct and restore lost form and function. As it pertains to hand surgery, the intricate and exquisite anatomy appealed to me greatly. Our hands help translate our mind's thoughts into actionable events. I am grateful to be able to help patients return to work, sport or artistry with minimal down time.

Dr. Sharma says...

This is Dr. Sharma responding to the 02/27/16 Review: We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We want to do better for you, but do not know who you may be. Please contact us directly and we would be happy to address any concerns you may have.

Dr. Sharma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
    • De Quervain's Disease
    • Dupuytren's Contracture
    • Elbow Pain
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Gynecomastia

University Of Washington Med Center

Completed in 2003

Washington University In St. Louis

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Sharma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Eyelid Surgery
    • Facelift
    • Facial Reconstruction
    • Facial Rejuvenation, Advanced, Laser
    • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
    • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
    • Ligament Reconstruction
    • Limb Reattachment
    • Limb Salvage Surgery
    • Mini Fift
    • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
    • Peripheral Nerve Surgery