Dr. Sanjay Jatana, MD

Dr. Sanjay Jatana, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. Sanjay Jatana is a Denver spine surgeon, specializing in treating spine problems involving the neck, mid-back and low back. He is board-certified and fellowship trained with extensive experience caring for patients requiring repeat or revision surgery. Dr. Jatana's goal is to provide patients with the information they need to make educated decisions about how to treat their back and neck pain.Dr. Jatana is a frequent presenter at medical industry conferences and meetings, and serves as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Jatana has a patient-centered practice. He focuses on accurately identifying the source of a patient's back or neck pain to determine which treatment options will yield the best outcome. He utilizes both surgical and non-surgical approaches, including less invasive and minimally invasive techniques. If surgery is indicated, Dr. Jatana prefers to follow his patients for at least two years to ensure long-term positive results.Dr. Jatana and his team are committed to helping patients feel better and experience relief from their back pain. Whether patients are searching for spine surgeons in Denver to diagnose a new condition or seeking a second opinion, Dr. Jatana is here to listen and offer options.

Denver Spine Surgeons, LLC

7800 E Orchard Rd Ste 100

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Jatana

My goal is to accurately identify the pain source for a patient so that we can treat it and successfully alleviate the symptoms. Whether you are worn down by back pain or have questions about prevention, nutrition, health insurance or a pending surgery, I hope to provide some answers and guidance to help you make an informed and educated decision. I've included more information about my approach to patient care on my website: www.Jatanaspine.com.

Dr. Jatana's Experience

Dr. Jatana's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Spinal Cord Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neck Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • University Of California Los Angeles Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of California Los Angeles Medical Center
  • Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Jatana has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jatana does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jatana and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Rose Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Jatana is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Jatana's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jatana to family and friends
Dr. Jatana's Performance
Westminster, CO |
During and immediately after surgery, Dr. Jatana is very caring and attentive. However, he becomes very disinterested after the first post-surgery check, even though he requires that you follow up with him for at least 2+years. I was also very disappointed in 2016 when I was told with no prior notice that I would need to find another doctor to work with since Dr. Jatana was no longer available. Yet it appears he is practicing again but no notice to previous patients was given as far as I know.
in Denver |
Absolutely the BEST Spine Surgeon there is. Dr. Jatana had to perform surgery on C4-7 on my neck, as the result of a very serious car accident, in which I was rear ended twice very hard by two separate cars, within about a minute of each other. He did a fabulous job, and I highly recommended him, for any spine issues you may have.
in Thornton, CO |
Just don't get old. After a 15 year, four procedure relationship my wife can't get an appointment after telling them we were under Medicare as her primary insurer and Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield as secondary. Good work, nice guy.
Englewood, CO |
Thank you!!!!
Englewood, CO |
Thank you Dr. Jatana and your team for helping me get back on track! Great experience all around.
Colorado |
Dr. Jatana is a wonderful surgeon and his positive attitude helped make my recovery easier. I recommend him to anyone facing the same decision I had to make. This surgery changed my life. You don't have to live in pain. You do have options.
in Englewood, CO |
Pain in my right arm and neck made it impossible for me to stand, drive or fly. I did my research and selected Dr. Jatana because of his comforting bedside manner, education, reputation and cervical spine experience. I had 2 separate surgeries requiring a 5-day hospital stay. Dr. Jatana visited me every day which was very comforting. I could not have had better treatment, everyone was so professional and that gave me confidence. I have had better results and more of my life back than I hoped.
in Denver, CO |
After my initial consultation with Dr. Jatana I was handed off to his PA. I had surgery and never saw Dr. Jatana again. I specifically made an appointment with the Dr., confirmed that it was with him by phone and again when I arrived and yet never saw him. My surgery was not successful and I ultimately had surgery with another surgeon. I would have to call and leave numerous messages before anyone would call me back. It took days to get a response. I would never recommend this office or doctor.
Aurora, CO |
I've known Dr. Jatana as both a colleague and patient. He is highly knowledgeable and skilled. His bedside manner, as well as his Physician Assistants, excels compared to that of many of his peers.
Have you seen Dr. Sanjay Jatana, MD?
Are you Dr. Jatana?