Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Sanjay Desai, MD
Dr. Sanjay Desai, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Desai is affiliated with Bon Secours - Memorial Regional Medical Center and Henrico Doctors' Hospital.

Henrico Doctors'

7650 E Parham Rd Ste 100

Richmond, VA 23294

Learn about Dr. Desai

Dr. Desai's Experience

Dr. Desai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Finger Joint

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1980

Dr. Desai has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Desai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Desai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Desai to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Desai's Performance
in Glen Allen, VA |
When I knew I needed hand surgery, I spoke with at least a dozen friends who all used and recommended Dr. Desai. What a wonderful experience! I have been a patient with Ortho Va for years but this was my first time dealing with my hand. I was anxious about it. But Dr. Desai took his time explaining the surgery and recovery. The office was extremely helpful getting the surgery set up. The experience with everything at the Boulders could not have been better. Have already recommended him to others
Jane - Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind comment. Please know that I will share this with the team here. I wish you all the best in the future. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
I will gladly recommend Dr. Desai to my family and friends. Dr. Desai is very professional and he made me feel relaxed and comfortable. He is very knowledgeable and down to earth. Talking to Dr. Desai was like talking to my best friend. He gave me cortizone injections in both wrists and I haven't experienced any wrist pain since the injections. Thanks Dr. Desai for caring about me and for me. Hopefully I won't have to see you again but I know you will be there for if I do. Thanks so much.
Joyce - Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind message! I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. All the best, Sarah
in Urbanna Va |
The most professional, knowledgeable, fantastic surgeon!
Thank you for the kind words, Susan!
in Kilmarnock, VA |
Dr. Desai has operated on both of my hands - left hand carpel tunnel and right hand basil joint arthroplasty, both having awesome results. The right thumb was so bad I couldn't use a stapler and throbbed at night. HE FIXED IT! He told me to expect three months for a full recovery, but I was almost back to normal within two months. He leaves behind a beautifully-healed incision like none I've ever seen before. If you need hand surgery, this is the doctor for you! Thanks Dr. Desai!
Wow, thank you for such a kind message and words. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here.
in Richmond, VA |
This is the greatest hand doctor I have know. My hands are better then before I started having problems with them. He and his staff are awesome people who really care about you.
Thank you for sharing your experience! I will be sure to pass along to the team here! Warm regards, Sarah
Chester, VA |
Had hand surgery in 2015, still can't use hand. Gave me medication that I had noted I was allergic to during surgery. Nerve damage occurred. No concern about my concerns about problems after surgery.
in Aylett, VA |
I had to have surgery on left hand-thumb out of joint. Dr. Desai ended up having to remove a diseased bone. Pain level was very moderate, he did a wonderful job with the sutures and he took the time to check on me after to see how I was getting along. I trusted his decision and his care. I will definitely recommend him to my friends and family. All around good experience with Dr. Desai, his staff and the surgery center where the surgery took place. Top Notch Professionals! Sandy Royal
We're so happy to hear about your positive experience! Thanks for the nice review! Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Wonderful physician. I've used him for carpal tunnel surgery for both hands, years apart...and a broken finger. Always meticulous, thorough, compassionate and approachable. Highly recommend.
in Richmond |
He was abrupt grouchy and rude. The person I had to see after to schedule testing was late. She blamed traffic but she had a gourmet coffee on the table so that was a lie. I am not vain but I consider myself outgoing and personable and an upscale patient and I was made to feel like garbage.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings. Feedback is extremely important in continuing to strive for the best patient experience and outcomes possible. We pride ourselves on our patient care and always look for ways to perform better when someone is not completely satisfied with their experience. Please know that your review will be carefully examined and we stand ready to speak to you further at any time.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Desai was great! His office was able to get in me in for an immediate consultation and quickly scheduled my much needed surgery for my broken wrist. In our first consultation he explained my break to me, what surgery would be like, and what post-op and recovery would look like. On day of surgery, his staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My PT has been very helpful and knowledgeable as well. Dr. Desai and his staff helped to ensure that I was taken care of in this whole process
in Richmond, VA |
I had an endoscopic carpal tunnel release by Dr. Desai and my hand is now 100% back to normal.
in Richmond, VA |
From the beginning to the end Dr Desai was very professional and my surgery was very smooth. I have had a great outcome and would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Henrico, Virginia |
Mrs. Shelia Bailey I had surgery on July 7, 2016 for a trigger finger and another problem with my hand. It is now August 5, 2016; my surgery was very successful. The finger and hand is back to 100%. Dr. Desai is very knowledgeable, and compassionate; I would quickly recommend Dr. Desai to my friends. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Desai is the best of 3 hand surgeons I have seen. He is thorough without being pushy. He has a confidence-inspiring bedside manner. I believe what he says.
in Richmond, VA |
He operated on me in NOVEMBER 2011 performing Basal Joint Arthroplasty on my left thumb. After rehab and in the time frame promised, I now have 100% use. He was and is honest, compassionate, knowledgeable, excellent in his field, and only suggests surgery when needed. His staff is excellent and very attentive. Now I have new problems with the other hand and perhaps carpal tunnel in both hands. I know I am with THE BEST. He will give me a clear explanation of any surgery or treatment needed.
in Warsaw, VA |
Dr. Desai and his staff could not have been more pleasant and informative. I would highly recommend Dr. Desai and will go back to him if needed.
Richmond, VA |
Surgery done 9 months ago, still not working, nerve damage and developed reflex pain syndrome.
in Crozier, Virginia |
Dr. Desai is a caring, compassionate and excellent at what he does. I recently had a trigger finger release procedure and I couldn't be more pleased.
Timely, thorough, empathetic
Have you seen Dr. Sanjay Desai, MD?

Visit Dr. Desai