Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD

Dr. Bhat
Telehealth services available

Sanjay T Bhat MD

10004 Kennerly Rd Ste 392b Saint Louis, MO 63128

Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University of Mumbai in 1985 and specializes in gastroenterology, gastrointestinal oncology, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Gastroenterologists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Bhat accepts

Dr. Bhat accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Group Plan PPO
Platinum PPO
Coventry Health Care of Missouri
Golden Rule
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
Health Net
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medico
Planned Administration Inc

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Anal & Rectal Disorders

Anal or Rectal Pain

Dr. Bhat treats Anal or Rectal Pain more than 52% of their peers

Dr. Bhat treats this condition more than 52% of their peers

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.

Typically treats 68% more than their peers

Reflux Esophagitis

Dr. Bhat treats Reflux Esophagitis more than 73% of their peers

Dr. Bhat treats this condition more than 73% of their peers

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.

Typically treats 63% more than their peers

• Celiac Disease
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Cirrhosis
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Bhat's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhat

Dr. Bhat?
Dr. Bhat's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD
I came to Dr. Bhat with stomach pain and constipation that had not been successfully treated with medication. After the first visit, he had me scheduled for a colonoscopy and further testing as well as started me on medications to alleviate my symptoms. Since seeking treatment a year ago, I feel better than I have in years. I am now able to manage my symptoms with diet and exercise and have completely weaned off of any stomach medications thanks to Dr. Bhat's encouragement. I've recommended him to my mom and any other people suffering from GI problems in the St. Louis area.
May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
In these ever changing times due to COVID-19. We all are experiencing the new norm with video appointments with our Health Care Providers. Thank God for technology. Without it I would still be dealing with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Come to find out I had it for quite some time. I definitely was skeptical with a Doctor's appt via on my computer but my issues with my stomach got to a point where things were getting worse and I needed to see a Gastroenterologist. First thing I like to state is that it was Pain free and easy to link up to Dr. Bhat's office. I recommend checking whatever device you are using as soon as you get the email/link and make sure your iPhone, iPad, or computer is working properly. For me, the video and sound was great. Dr. Bhat and I had no problems. I was able to tell him my symptoms and we discussed a plan to help me with my issues. My quality of life has been a 1000 times better since our video chats (2) and extremely grateful for technology and Dr. Bhat.
Dennis Jackson – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat, has helped with throat issues like swallowing, and getting food stuck. I have been dealing with it for a long time. Dr.Bhatt did a biopsy on my esophagitis and diagnosed me with Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Now with treatment I'm doing great!
May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
For over ten years I have suffered from ongoing diarrhea, very debilitating at times, and have had several colonoscopies. I am very grateful to have seen Dr. Bhat for my latest colonoscopy in February, 2020. He is the first doctor to give me a diagnosis and treatment of my condition. Today I had my follow up visit with Dr. Bhat using a video call on my cell phone. It went very well and I feel it is a good method for staying in touch with the doctor. Dr. Bhat took the time to answer my questions and he cares for his patients. In this modern day of technology I am thankful for the ability to talk and see my doctor. Do not be afraid to use this new method. I highly recommend Dr. Bhat to anyone having a gastroenterology issue.
Barbara Lehmier – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I have been going to different Gastrolenterology doctors for years. Until I met Dr. Sanjay T. Bhat, he told me things about me I never was told about from any of the gastroenterology doctors I had been going to. He is the Best!!!!!!
Marguerite Grove – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I saw Dr. Bhat (who was in my insurance network) to consider having a procedure done to stretch a tight spot on my esophagus. His staff booked me for the next morning at a facillity that wasn't covered by my insurance. This left me with a big bill. After the procedure I was told that scar tissue inside my esophagus was torn during the procedure and was given paperwork to take home. In the paperwork it said that if I felt any chest pain I should go to the emergency room. When I got home I drank part of a protein shake. The shake went through a hole in my esophagus into my chest cavity. After several hours of feverish sleep I woke up enough to call a friend. I could hardly breathe or talk. At the ER I was diagnosed with pneumonia and spent the night in the hospital. Dr. Bhat came by the next morning and was curt and authoritarian. It seems to me that someone should have noticed that my esophagus was, or may be, torn open and warned me or kept me for observation. Seems reckless to me.
Al Vitale, St. Louis MO – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I've had stomach issues my whole life. Dr. Bhat is the VERY BEST gastro Dr I've ever seen. I'm a retired nurse and extremely picky about Dr's. He is honest. Up front informative and kind. Hes not tied to a hospital system so he sends you to the best. He literally saved my life by sending me to a hernia specialist. He is the absolute best. I would ,and do, recommend him to anyone and everybody
Jacqueth Erlinger – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Had a colonoscopy completed 1-4-20. Dr, Bhat was very friendly and very professional. And, his staff was great to deal with also. Great experience.
James B – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Vary satisfied with my endoscopy test performed by dr Bhat. Staff friendly and knowledgeable.follow up call from dr Bhat was very appreciated.
Ed seyfarth – Dec 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Every five years I have my Endoscopy checkup, a friend of mine recommended Dr. Bhat. My long time MD highly recommended Dr. Bhat. I’am very glad I did, everything went smooth before and after. I can’t say enough about Dr. Bhat and the staff at Scopes South County Outpatient Endoscopy Services, the total experience was highly professional Dr. Bhat and all the Medical Staff are compassionate caring and very friendly. I highly suggest if you need this procedure call Dr. Bhat’s office and get it done, the prep is not as difficult as you may think and to have peace of mind when you find out all is well to continue your daily life, had I waited much longer for mine, I would have been in big trouble another simple procedure corrected that. Thanks to all, Denis
Denis – Dec 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Everything went very well. He talked to me before and after the procedure and was not in a rush. I liked that. He also left a rather long ( 2 or 3 minute ) message on my cell phone about a biopsy he took. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
v ray adkins – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!!! He misdiagnosed me and did an incorrect procedure. Had to go to Urgent Care to get correct diagnosis (C-diff) - which can only be diagnosed by taking a stool sample (which I asked him to do but instead he performed an invasive procedure (colonoscopy) on me. When I went for a follow-up visit after my colonoscopy there was another patient in the waiting room who shared with me that he nicked their throat while doing a endoscopy! Again, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR - HE IS DANGEROUS!!!
Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I had preventative exam/colonoscopy September 2019. I cannot say enough wonderful things. about Dr Bhat, his colleagues and professional medical staff. The customer service, process, bed side manner and procedure exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Scopes and Dr. Bhat.
Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Bhat’s for many years for routine colonoscopies and an occasional endoscopy and have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Bhat. His exams are thorough and he always takes the time to ensure my questions are answered. During a recent exam in preparation for an endoscopy Dr. Bhat discovered that my spleen was very swollen and even though it had nothing to do with the endoscopy he ordered a CT scan. It turns out I have cancer of the spleen but thanks to his concern for my well being and initiative I’m being treated and the prognosis is good.
Bob – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Dr. Is an amazing doctor, very nice, and very caring. I had been going through a time in my life when my plate was full, they all made me feel so comfortable, during my procedure. The staff and Dr. Was so caring, and thoughtful. Thank you again Dr! And thank you surgery staff!!
Lisa – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Dr. Bhat is a gentle and caring doctor. His office staff is exceptional.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
The staff was very nice. Took the time to answer my questions. Dr. Bhat was very pleasant. Helped me understand my stomach issues. How to take care of them. There was hardly any wait time to see him. I was in and out in no time. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bhat.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I just tried to call to get an appointment and Carlin who answered the phone was extremely rude, short with me. She obvious didn’t want to help me get an appointment. These type of personalities should not be in customer service. It is extremely upsetting!!! Very Sad representation of this office considering doctor maybe good?
Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
Dr Bhat is really great. He answers all your questions and is extremely professional.
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?
I visited this office in April 2018 for a first visit of this physician. The office was busy, staff not very pleasant. I didn't have a need to return to the office as the initial visit (consultation) was informative. October 2018 I received a collection bill for $275 Surprised by this I called the physician office. They explained the insurance claim was rejected. Pd bill. After investigating, doctor's office entered wrong insurance policy #. The office was very rude; no $ refunded to date.
Lexie in MO – Dec 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sanjay Bhat, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhat?

As a gastroenterologist I believe in the utmost care with the utmost compassion

• Gastroenterology

Harlem Hospital Center
1985
University of Mumbai
1985
University of Mumbai/King Edward Memorial Hospital And Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College

• Hindi