Family Medicine  |
Dr. Sandra Buchanan, MD
Sandra L. Buchanan, MD, is a family medicine physician with a highly specialized skill set in diagnosis, physical assessment and patient management. After graduating from the University of Miami in 1991 with a degree in microbiology and immunology,she continued her studies at the University of Florida and graduated with her doctor of medicine in 1995. From 1995 to 1998, she participated in Halifax Health Medical Center's - Family Medicine Residency Program finishing as Chief Resident in 1998. Since then, Dr. Buchanan has served the Port Orange community providing medical care for families,which includes adults, children, adolescents and seniors. Born in Holyoke, Massachusetts, Dr. Buchanan enjoys spending time with her family. Her hobbies include cooking, biking,golfing, and rowing.

1165 Dunlawton Ave # 105

Port Orange, FL 32127

Learn about Dr. Buchanan

Dr. Buchanan's Experience

Dr. Buchanan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Halifax Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Buchanan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Buchanan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buchanan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Buchanan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buchanan to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Buchanan's Performance
in Ponce Inlet, FL |
My wife Olga and I both have the good fortune to have Dr. Buchanan as our primary care physician. We have recommended her to everyone seeking outstanding care, to the point we've worried about overcrowding her panel. But despite her expanded patient load, we consistently receive the kind of caring, personal attention during each and every appointment that first endeared her to us. We've told Dr. Buchanan that if we ever move, she'll have to come with us because we'll never find her equal.
Port Orange FL |
Dr. Buchanan has been my primary care physician for many years. She looks out for my well-being., If I need other services she recommends someone well qualified to follow up on my needs. Very caring physician.
Daytona Beach, FL |
It say's that she is accepting new patients, but she is not.
Thank you for informing us of this. We have since changed that status to reflect the proper patient availability.
in Port Orange, FL |
Since my appointment date had been wrongly scheduled, I was very impressed with the recovery made available to me by Staff and Doctor. According to the records I was a year late. Dr. Buchanan is very thorough and willing to help me with any of my medical problems.
in Winter Haven, FL |
Excellent Doctor, very caring and gets to the bottom of your problems. Explains everything real well. We travel 2 hours one way to see her for my husband.
in Maitland, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Buchanan for fifteen years. My husband is also a pati0ent. She is the best Doctor I have ever had. I tell her? it is a privilege to grow old with her care! Thank you to her and her excellent staff!
in port orange, fl |
I moved to Florida six months ago and I was nervous about getting a new Dr. My Husband and I both go to Dr Buchanan and are very happy with her and her staff. Everyone is friendly, the office runs well, and Dr Buchanan is a very good, caring Dr. and we feel confident in her.
in port orange, fl |
Very professional and detailed in her care of me.
in Daytona Beach, FL |
Thorough, kind, caring and focused on treating whole person.
Port Orange, FL |
Dr Buchanan takes the time needed to not only understand your needs but to give you a thorough understanding of the elements of a diagnosis and of a recommended treatment.
in Port Orange, FL |
Dr. Buchanan always takes the time to answer all of my questions.....she is very thorough with her examination and tests.
in South Daytona , FL |
Dr. Buchanan is knowledgeable and tries to find solutions for your health concerns. Follows up with me see if there is improvement in my health.
in Port Orange, FL |
Dr. Buchannan has given me insightful diagnoses and very effective treatment for about six years. She has gone out of the way to provide timely treatment whenever needed. e.g. in September 2016 when a serious medical problem arose I was fitted into her schedule with short notice; lab work was prescribed and Dr. Buchannan took weekend time to review the lab results and to call me with the results.
in Daytona Beach |
I had a productive and pleasant visit with Rachel Salerno on Tuesday, August 23. We review the blood work and she made adjustments to two medications and made suggestions for my gerd. I appreciate the medical attention that I receive. Irene Williamson
in Port Orange, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Buchanan for about 14 years and cold not be more pleased with her skills, her diagnosis, her concern, and her pleasant attitude. She does not rush you through your office visit. I guess, you could sum it up by saying: she cares about her patients.
in Port Orange, FL |
I am very grateful to Dr. Buchanan for providing excellent care to my elderly parents for over 15 years. Dr. Buchanan is not only a brilliant diagnostician but she is patient and caring. She explains conditions, treatments and medications in a way that is easily understood. She is easy to talk to and considerate; Dr. Buchanan never makes us feel as though our questions or concerns are trivial. My parents (age 89 and 90) are very fortunate to have Dr. Buchanan as their primary care physician.
Port Orange, FL |
First appointment with new physician, saw ARNP and was very pleased with her thorough review of history and medications. Staff was very professional and courteous. I look forward to a great patient relationship with this group.
in Port Orange, FL |
Dr. Buchanan and her staff are excellent professionals, well informed.
in Port Orange, FL |
We have been patients of Dr. Buchanan since she started her practice. She is very compassionate,caring, and knowledgeable. in her profession. Her office staff is very efficient and friendly & professional. I have recommended her to many people the were looking for a Family Practice Physician
Have you seen Dr. Sandra Buchanan, MD?

Visit Dr. Buchanan