Dr. Sandeep Sharma, MD

Interventional Nephrology | Male

Vascular Access Centers, Pittsburgh 51 Dutilh Rd Ste 100 Cranberry Township, PA 16066 Get Directions
Dr. Sandeep Sharma, MD
I was one of the first doctors to bring Interventional Nephrology to Pittsburgh. I have been in practice since 2006 and routinely services patients not only from Pittsburgh, but also from across Western PA to Ohio and West Virginia. I have received Board Certifications in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Nephrology. I am also certified by the American Society of Interventional Nephrology. I received my training in interventional procedures from renowned interventionalist, Dr. James McGuckin, and Vascular Surgeon, Dr. John Ross. As a Nephrologist, I feel I bring a unique perspective to the field of Interventional Nephrology. I have a better understanding of the needs of a dialysis patient and what is expected of a dialysis treatment. I perform over 1,000 dialysis-related procedures per year with a less than 1% complication rate. My goal is to have you leave with a well-functioning access that will provide maximum benefit to your dialysis treatments. I have given presentations at National conferences as well as locally for the Fistual First initiative. I routinely provides education to dialysis nurses and technicians on the intricacies of access management. He is a board member of the National Kidney Foundation and a strong proponent of patient education. I am active within the community to educate people about kidney disease and transplantation. I specialize in all aspects of hemodilalysis access maintenance, and dialysis catheter placement. I welcome you and your family to our brand new, state-of-the-art Surgical center here in Cranberry Twp. The location is less than 0.5 miles from the exit off of Interstate 79.

Dr. Sharma's Care Philosophy

Our mission is to improve our patients' lives through clinical excellence and unparalleled service. We achieve enhanced patient care by offering expedient service by a specialized team of professionals whose focused attention and dedication leads to optimal clinical outcomes and technical successes. Our physicians are among the nations' leaders in vascular access and endovascular care. Vascular Access Centers provide comprehensive dialysis access maintenance including thrombectomy/thrombolysis, fistulagrams, fistula maturation procedures, vessel mapping, central venous occlusion treatment and complete catheter services.

Dr. Sharma's Experience

See how Dr. Sharma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sharma

Dr. Sharma accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Sharma is now accepting new patients
Vascular Access Centers, Pittsburgh51 Dutilh Rd Ste 100
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(412) 683-4504Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Sharma has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Dr. Sharma Says:

Every patient is offered a survey card to fill out.  Our ratings are OUTSTANDING.

Every patient is given something to eat and drink following the procedure.

The new facility is getting high marks from patients.

Are you Dr. Sharma?

Compare Dr. Sharma

Dr. Sharma says...

I was one of the first doctors to bring Interventional Nephrology to Pittsburgh. I have been in practice since 2006 and routinely services patients not only from Pittsburgh, but also from across Western PA to Ohio and West Virginia. I have received Board Certifications in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Nephrology. I am also certified by the American Society of Interventional Nephrology. I received my training in interventional procedures from renowned interventionalist, Dr. James McGuckin, and Vascular Surgeon, Dr. John Ross.

As a Nephrologist, I feel I bring a unique perspective to the field of Interventional Nephrology.  I have a better understanding of the needs of a dialysis patient and what is expected of a dialysis treatment.  I perform over 1,000 dialysis-related procedures per year with a less than 1% complication rate.  My goal is to have you leave with a well-functioning access that will provide maximum benefit to your dialysis treatments.

I have given presentations at National conferences as well as locally for the Fistual First initiative. I routinely provides education to dialysis nurses and technicians on the intricacies of access management. He is a board member of the National Kidney Foundation and a strong proponent of patient education. I am active within the community to educate people about kidney disease and transplantation. I specialize in all aspects of hemodilalysis access maintenance, and dialysis catheter placement.

I welcome you and your family to our brand new, state-of-the-art Surgical center here in Cranberry Twp.  The location is less than 0.5 miles from the exit off of Interstate 79.

Dr. Sharma's Care Philosophy

Our mission  is to improve our patients' lives through clinical excellence and unparalleled service. We  achieve enhanced patient care by offering expedient service by a specialized team of professionals whose focused attention and dedication leads to optimal clinical outcomes and technical successes. Our physicians are among the nations' leaders in vascular access and endovascular care.

Dr. Sharma says...

I have performed over 13,000 dialysis access-related procedures between 2005-2016.  I perform over 1,000 procedures per year with less than 1% complication rate.  My support team of techs and nurses have over 150 years combined experience in the operating room.

Dr. Sharma says...

My focus is in dialysis-related procedures.  I have performed over 13,000 procedures since 2005 with a less than 1% complication rate.

Dr. Sharma says...

Every patient is given something to eat and drink following the procedure.

The new facility is getting high marks from patients.

Dr. Sharma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Nephrology
  •  Board certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Nephrology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Sharma has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sharma's Board Certifications

Allegheny Genl Hospital

Completed in 2005

College Of William and Mary

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Sharma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sharma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Nephrology