Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Samuel Yoakum, DO
Dr. Samuel Yoakum, board certified physician, is a graduate of the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, completed his extensive training during an internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center and residency at Loyola University Medical Center, both in Illinois. Dr. Yoakum served as an assistant faculty member at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, and was awarded one of only two teaching fellowships in the Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Department. This additional year of study offered an additional year of training in manual medicine and general musculoskeletal treatment. Dr. Yoakum is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, where he served as National Resident Council President during his final year of residency. Dr. Yoakum enjoys spending time with his family, music ministry, outdoor activities such as water sports, fishing, golf and other sports including basketball and softball. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

9430 Park West Blvd Ste 110

• Prime Health Services
  • USA Managed Care Organization

Learn about Dr. Yoakum

Dr. Yoakum's Experience

Dr. Yoakum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Non-Surgical Orthopedics
  • Rehabilitation
  • Spine Physiatry

Dr. Yoakum does not have any board certifications listed.

• Chronic Pain

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine / Midwestern University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Loyola University Medical Center

Dr. Yoakum has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Yoakum has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yoakum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yoakum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yoakum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yoakum to family and friends
Dr. Yoakum's Performance
in Crossville, TN |
Excellent Doctor! He spent time looking and explaining the MRI - not just the MRI write-up and therefore found my problem the xray clinician missed. Really a great Doctor!
in Abingdon, VA |
I made two visits to dr. Yoakum , I had a badly ruptured disc and was scheduled for surgery. He and his staff were great, he told me more about my injury and what to expect than the surgeon. Best of all after two steroid shots I was able to cancel surgery and I am still doing well after 3 weeks
in Crossville, TN |
Dr. Yoakum and staff are ALWAYS sincerely interested in one's healthcare. They are not stuck in the "let's get 'em out of here as fast as possible" mantra of many in modern medicine today! Dr. Yoakum has a philosophy that seeks to avoid surgery, whether thru better patient education, inoculations, or rehab. I, personally, have done well with this approach! As doctor Yoakum acknowledges, back surgery is often a VERY mixed blessing!
Hi Keith Gowen, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Samuel Yoakum D.O.. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
in Knoxville, TN |
This Doctor seems to really care about the level of relief he can get for his patients !!!
James Sawyer, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.
in Clinton, Tn |
I really felt they care for their patients. He explained what was wrong with my back better than anyone. I have had problems for years. He gave me a shot and he sedated me just like he said. I have anxiety really bad and I felt so comfortable with the staff just like he promised me. The shot helped me. I think he is great.
in Oak Ridge, TN |
I had almost come to view my back pain as a sad fact of life. I'm thankful for Dr. Yoakum and his team for their outstanding care. He is very easy to talk to and I got the feeling that he truly wanted me to feel better.
Cindy D., thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
in Wartburg, TN |
Awesome, experience! Everything you could ask for in a Dr. Knowledge, caring, kind does not dismiss any problems. Definitely would recommend to family and friends. Skilled at injections and addresses any concerns one may have.
Rene, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Yoakum always takes time to listen to and explain everything to my 85 year old Mom and me. He treats both of us with kindness and respect. His knowledgeable treatment of my Mom has kept her active and mobile. She has severe stenosis, siatica, osteoporosis, and had a spinal fracture which healed naturally with his help. If you want someone who will listen to you and help you heal as naturally as possible, then Dr Yoakum is your doctor!!!
in Knoxville, TN |
Wonderful caring physician. Very smart and stays current.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Yoakum is very personable, professional and educated in his field! I believe that he gives the best treatment possible in the Knoxville area in his field of expertise!
in Knoxville, TN |
It is always a pleasure to visit Dr. Yoakum, and Jose. Dr Yoakum is a brilliant doctor and knows just where to inject my knees to bring me some comfort!
George W D, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Yoakum was excellent. He treated my pain well and explained everything I needed to know. His bedside manner was exceptional!
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Yoakum, DO?

Visit Dr. Yoakum