Urgent Care Medicine  |
Dr. Samuel Urick III, DO
Born and raised in Aliquippa, PA, I am the oldest of two children to my parents Sam and Janice Urick. My brother Nick Urick is a practicing lawyer in Hopewell, PA. My education K-12 was at St. Titus Elementary School in Aliquippa before 9-12 at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart High School in Moon Twp. I earned a BS Biology and a minor in French at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA where I served as president of my fraternity Sigma Alpha Epsilon as well as President of Sophomore academic honor fraternity Lambda Sigma. My medical education was completed at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, Florida (class 2008). I served as inaugural class president and Student Government President. I served as a student Liasion to the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association 2005/2006. Aside from my education, I am married to Dana (Petronzi) Urick, a Physician Assistant who worked in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. We have a daughter Lillian Rose born August 2014 and are expecting twins in September 2017. i maintain an active role with my alma mater, OLSH , where I have served on the board of directors and Board chair July 2016 until present. I am passionate about preventive medicine, partnering with patients to find a care plan that will led to restoration of health, as well as blogging about my personal and professional experiences. Physicians are human and I firmly believe that when patients can see beyond the white coat we can accomplish many great things together. If I have the privilege of caring for you or your loved one(s), I will ensure that your needs can be addressed in the most efficient way possible. Heres to your health!

10 Darlington Rd # 10

Beaver Falls, PA 15010

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • State Farm
  • UPMC
  • UPMC Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Urick III

I believe in more patient centered care and that the exam room should be more of a classroom. The more dialogue that occurs between patient and doctor, the better health outcomes that will be achieved.

Dr. Urick III's Experience

Dr. Urick III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urgent Care Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

• Urgent Care Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Pain
  • Acid Reflux
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Emphysema
  • Injuries
  • Laceration
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Splinting
  • Stitches
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Allegheny College
  • Our Lady Of The Sacred Heart High School
    Other Education | Completed 1999

• A news maker you should know, 3/22/2012

• French

Dr. Urick III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Urick III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Urick III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Urick III to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Urick III's Performance
Pittsburgh, PA |
My wife was in need of medical care today and so she tried to call his office to schedule a sick visit. But the number directed her somewhere else, which wasn't helpful at all. She decided to go to the ER to be seen. She went to St. Clair's ER. While there she found out that he closed his practice and decided to go elsewhere. We didn't receive any notification at all. We both have scripts that get refilled every month, now without a doctor to handle it. I'm very upset about how this was handle!
Carnegie PA |
Dr Urick goes out of his way to get to know you as a person and really listen to your symptoms. It can be challenging to get through on the phone immediately, but I've always had my calls returned within the same day. I can't imagine him screaming at anyone unless they're looking for him to be their drug dealer. He makes it very, very clear that he doesn't play that game.
in Bridgeville, PA |
Waited more than 45 minutes before even getting to exam room. Can't speak to a person when calling office. Have to leave multiple messages and wait multiple days for return call.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I have enjoyed my visits with dr urick and his staff. i never feel rushed and he takes his time. sometime i might have to wait 30-40 min to see him, but I know another patient may need his time and he has done the same for me. As for dr urick being responsible for cleaning products in a review below, thats hillarious. Thats not the dr urick that I know. If you go to the doctor and complain about cleaning products, one might consider that your daughter gets professional help.
in pittsburgh, PA |
Very nice and easy to talk to even though I hate going to the doctors! The staff was very professional also!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Awful. We waited over an hour .because he was late. Dr. Urick screamed and yelled at my daughter, when she explained that she was having an allergic reaction to the cleaning products he used in his examining room. He said that was impossible. He didn't believe her. He screamed and yelled at her and dismissed her from his practice. This is totally unprofessional and uncalled for
Pittsburgh, PA |
I could not possibly recommend Doctor Urick any more. If you want great patient care, this is the place to go. He is a very caring, intelligent, and intuitive doctor. The absolute best of the best. He will stop at nothing to help you get the care that you need.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Best doctor in the world, can't say enough about how awesome he is and how much I trust him. Staff is very nice too. Only issue is the phone system, nobody answers. He spends all the time with you that you need and answers all questions. He talks to you and listens to you....he's an incredible doctor and an incredible person.
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Urick III, DO?
Are you Dr. Urick III?

Visit Dr. Urick III

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Urick III accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Community Blue PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio