Dr. Samuel Robinson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Jordan-Young Institute 5716 Cleveland St Ste 200 Virginia Beach, VA 23462 Get Directions
Dr. Samuel Robinson, MD
Dr. Robinson specializes in keeping active adults participating in the activities that are important to them. His background with elite athletes allows him to bring a unique perspective to everyday and complex orthopedic problems. Whether a sport enthusiast is trying to recover from a specific injury, a master athlete is trying to stay in the game, or a senior is trying to keep up with friends and family, Dr. Robinson enjoys helping people get back quickly to the activities that make them happy. Dr. Robinson applies the concepts of sports medicine and cutting edge minimally invasive technology to provide a variety of options for patients. Modern technology and research provides many options for both joint preservation and joint replacement. There are times when aggressive surgical intervention is necessary, but there are times when less invasive, or even non-operative measures, can provide equal or better results. Dr. Robinson is passionate about patient autonomy, a guiding principle in sports medicine, which allows patients to make educated decisions about their medical care. He teaches patients about their condition and makes sure they understand all the treatment options available without unduly influencing their decisions. He encourages patients to ask questions and select a treatment plan that allows for effective medical care that meets their individual goals. Dr. Robinson is fellowship trained in sports medicine and orthopaedic surgery from Cornell University, the nations top orthpaedic program and has conducted extensive scientific research, published multiple journal articles, and written several book chapters to advance the field of orthopedics. Dr. Robinson, his wife, and two sons live in Virginia Beach where he enjoys time with his family, football, golf, and the beach. Dr. Robinson is assisted by Linda H. Liebold, MHS, PA-C. and Chad A. Schmidt, ATC, CSCS, OTC.

Dr. Robinson's Care Philosophy

At the Jordan-Young Institute, Dr. Robinson specializes in keeping active adults participating in the activities that are important to them. His background with elite athletes allows him to bring a unique perspective to everyday and complex orthopedic problems. Whether a sport enthusiast is trying to recover from a specific injury, a master athlete is trying to stay in the game, or a senior is trying to keep up with friends and family, Dr. Robinson enjoys helping people get back quickly to the activities that make them happy. Dr. Robinson applies the concepts of sports medicine and cutting edge minimally invasive technology to provide a variety of options for patients. Modern technology and research provides many options for both joint preservation and joint replacement. There are times when aggressive surgical intervention is necessary, but there are times when less invasive, or even non-operative measures, can provide equal or better results.

Dr. Robinson's Experience

See how Dr. Robinson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Robinson

Dr. Robinson accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Robinson is now accepting new patients
Jordan-Young Institute5716 Cleveland St Ste 200
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757) 490-4802Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Robinson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Robinson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Robinson to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Robinson's Performance
in Portsmouth, VA |
Dr. Robinson took his time with me explaining all my options. I have never had a physicain spend that much time with me, I never felt rushed. He actually seemed very concerned with my needs.
in VIrginia Beach, V |
DR. Robinson and his team, Linda and Chad, are Phenomenal! They quickly diagnosed my problem, posteriorly dislocated shoulder (totally missed by ER) and went in to immediate action to surgically fix that same day. They provided rehab guidelines that I was able to use to guide my personal rehab plan. I Highly Recommend Dr. Robinson, Linda, and Chad.
in Chesapeake, Virginia |
Dr. Samuel Robinson is committed to giving his patients excellent care with the most optimal outcome. He is compassionate and attentive to any concerns that may arise. I had a total knee replacement two months ago and I am progressing faster than I had expected. His office and staff are very professional and efficient. I could not be anymore pleased with this surgery and will have Dr. Robinson do my other knee soon.
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Robertson did a shoulder repair on me March, 2017. He and his PA Linda took a great deal of time explaining the procedure as well as what to expect after surgery. I was at ease going into surgery because I was fully prepared by them.
Virginia Beach, VA |
Over the past few years I've seen Dr. Robinson for both an old injury to my right knee and an MCL tear to my left. I've never met a friendly, more knowledgable staff and love that they work as a team (each surgeon works with the same PA + trainer + assistant/nurse) - it's an efficient system that enables them to approach patients in a comprehensive and thoughtful manner. If surgery is ever necessary, even if I move out of the region, I will return to Dr. Robinson and his team.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Working with Dr Robinson and his team has been great. I had a Total Knee Replacement and have had a faster than planned recovery. I listened to his words "take your meds and work that therapy" and it has payed off. I am 2 months out from surgery and am doing almost everything I was back 4 years ago before my knee started going downhill. Nice straight small scare. Do you self a favor if you need joint replacement at least talk with him.
in Norfolk, VA |
Dr. Robinson is wonderful. He takes the time to get to know you as a patient. He thoroughly explained what was happening with my knee and could remedy the problem quickly and efficiently. He is extremely personable and can put you at ease almost immediately. I will be going back to him and this practice when I need to in the future.
in Nags Head, NC |
I have seen many, many orthopedic surgeons and have had many orthopedic surgeries in my life. Dr. Robinson is by far the most caring, interested, involved doctor I have ever had the pleasure to be treated by.
in Portsmouth, VA |
I had low expectations with a new Orthopaedic, but was quickly corrected. Every staff member was more than just nice. You feel welcome as soon as you enter the office. We were early but were taken back quickly. The doctor's assistant, Chad, met with me and was extremely personable and thorough. When Dr. Robinson came in, I felt like I was his only patient. He was also thorough and let me make decisions in my care. I HIGHLY recommend this practice.
in Manteo, NC |
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Robinson and his staff. Thanks to them and the caring staff at Leigh Memorial Hospital, I have been able to get back my quality of life!!!! Thank you all so much.
in Chesapeake, VA |
When Dr. Robinson told me I needed a complete reverse shoulder replacement, it was only four months after I'd undergone two hip replacement surgeries. Although I was extremely upset, Dr. Robinson assured me that I would feel relief and that it wouldn't be as painful a surgery as I anticipated. True to his word I have not experienced more than a dull ache. The recovery is long and tedious, but at the same time extremely rewarding. Dr. Robinson and his staff have been there for me the entire time
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Samuel P. Robinson is by far the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever had. I wished he was also a general practitioner because he is so thorough and caring. He has the greatest bedside mannner. He is very concerned about your overall health. The staff at Jordan Young are the best.
in Eastville, VA |
The staff, P.A., and Dr. Sam are excellent and caring. I had a wonderful experience and have had very little pain. It is three and a half months since my knee replacement surgery and I am walking without a cane except for when I go up and down stairs.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr. Robinson and his assistant Linda went through the whole procedure in detail. I felt very good going into surgery. Surgery went well and the office took good care of me after.
Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr Robinson is very caring and is a great surgeon. I have had 2 surgeries and both have been great. He listens to the patient and tells you what to expect.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Excellent surgeon! Laparoscopically repaired RTC. Great bedside manner, provided all options, answered questions with thorough explanations, truly cares about pts, highly recommended!! One of the best!
Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr Robinson is so caring, compassionate & has great "bedside manners". Had total knee replacement & 6 weeks post op was free of pain. He may be more conservative in his treatment than other doctors but the outcome is well worth it. Would highly recommend him & his PA, Linda as they great as a team & always accessible when needed.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
came to J. Y. I. on recommendation of family doctor. What a blessing to have TKR surgery performed by Dr. Robinson!!! This is the first time in 62 years I've had any surgery and i can not believe how smooth every aspect of it went. Dr. Robinson is my hero!. Entire staff @ J. Y. I. is Great!!! Dr. Robinson and P.A. Linda make the perfect team, the receptionists are always smiling and sunny, the nurses, assistants, X-ray techs and P Ts are all Great. So THANKFUL to have found this place.
in Norfolk, VA |
What stands out most to me about Dr. Robinson is how much he can relate to the pain level and how much he cares. He walked me through step-by-step of what to expect the day of, and post, surgery. I was given detailed explanations of the pictures taken during my surgery, as well as the copies to take home to show my family. His staff if very caring and always returns my messages before EOB. Not only WOULD I recommend Dr. Robinson to family and friends, I already have :)
in Elizabeth City, NC |
Dr. Robinson is amazing. I had both left and right Meniscus worked on and I was back to work within no time. It does take your part to work it back to shape but his guidance , surgery and office visits were great. His passion for what he does is easy to see and his medical staff has the same drive and determination as he does. Thank You John Galligan
in Camden, NC |
Dr. Robinson gave me a total knee replacement about a year ago. I was extremely worried about the pain and recovery. He clearly explained the procedure plus everything I could expect. He was great. The amount of pain was minimal and the recovery went very well. The scar on my knee is barely noticeable. He is friendly, open and answers all question in a manner that can be understood. I may need my other knee done and would not hesitate to let him perform the procedure again. Great staff.
in norfolk, va |
The level of expertise from Dr. Robinson & his staff was the highest I've experienced in any field. Exceptionally friendly staff. Every one of their team members reached out to help &/or make you comfortable. The Dr. & his assistant, Linda Hume, walked me thru the procedures, making sure we understood each level. The therapy staff, headed by Mike LiVoti was equally impressive. It is obvious that The Jordan Young Inst. has created an envirenment that team members & patients want to be a part of.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Robinson is one of the rare ones. He takes the time to really listen and explains in an easily understood manner. Very skilled and a real people person. He made my experience with my total knee replacement a satisfying event . I would highly recommend him to anyone considering knee replacement.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Robinson's bedside manner is excellent. He is compassionate, friendly, and informative. He will take all the time you need to help you understand. He is also an excellent surgeon.
in Suffolk, VA |
Dr. Robinson did my right shoulder torn rotator cuff a year ago and it is perfect. Physical Therapy said I didn't need to continue or wear the sling, and when I came in for an appointment, he asked me where my sling was. When I explained what physical therapy said, he contacted them and informed them that they follow doctors orders, period! This goes to show you how patient orientated he is. My full knee replacement is great, no pain from the beginning (no cut muscles). HE IS A MAGICIAN.
in Chesapeake, VA |
I finally found an orthopedic doctor that I can trust and have a great deal of confidence in. After going to the other well known orthopedic system in the area, I was sent to four of their offices and treated by three different doctors that they had. Three months later I was STILL HURTING just as much! I was then recommended to Dr. Robinson and that was a life changing experience. One injection and two weeks later I am like new again!!! I will highly recommended him to everyone!!!!!!!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
He cares deeply without ever wasting your time or telling you what you want to hear. He tells the truth, knows what he is talking about, and is a VERY skilled surgeon.
in Suffolk, VA |
Top-notch doc. Kind, personable, VERY friendly, well educated, and most importantly he truly cared about improving my pain and discomfort. He took care of my knee as well as my wife's shoulder. We love you Dr. Robinson!!!!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Oh my gosh this man is fantastic! Such great bedside manner, so kind, and very very informative. He truly educated me on what my knee pain was, how to treat it, and my options further down the road. I am so grateful for him. I would recommend Dr. Robinson to anyone, especially my family. Thank you Dr. Robinson!
in Virginia Beach, VA 23454 |
Dr. Robinson replaced my right knee and I feel like I'm seeing a friend when I visit him. He listened and took my opinions and concerns into consideration in planning my treatment options. When I decided on surgery he made sure I understood what was involved. I would recommend Dr. Robinson to anyone considering have knee replacement surgery. His staff was friendly and assisted with scheduling appointments to completing the FMLA paperwork required by my employee.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Short wait time, extremely friendly, and very detailed with you on your injury and how to further treatment! I was so pleased with Dr. Robinson and his team's care for me. I would recommend him to anyone with pain and injuries!
in Virginia Beach, VA |
He is the best! I had a rotor cuff repair .When Dr. R shared His picture perfect skills looked like a textbook case. He displays genuine concerns and makes sure YOU feel comfortable with the procedure. Plus, you have a clear understanding of what is expected for a successful recovery.
in Nassawadox, VA |
He was highly knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and above all else, didn't pressure me into anything. Every step of the way, he backed me up, informed me, and never egged me onto a specific decision over another. He can do any of the ACL surgeries I was looking into, and it was ultimately my decision to choose which one he did. I was walking within a week, assisted, and back to work in 2 weeks. My PT specialist didn't know him, but did mention that I will not see the scars after 6 months!
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Robinson, MD?
Are you Dr. Robinson?

Compare Dr. Robinson

Dr. Robinson says...

Dr. Robinson applies the concepts of sports medicine and cutting edge minimally invasive technology to provide a variety of options for patients.  Modern technology and research provides many options for both joint preservation and joint replacement.  There are times when aggressive surgical intervention is necessary, but there are times when less invasive, or even non-operative measures, can provide equal or better results.

Dr. Robinson is passionate about patient autonomy, a guiding principle in sports medicine, which allows patients to make educated decisions about their medical care.  He teaches patients about their condition and makes sure they understand all the treatment options available without unduly influencing their decisions.  He encourages patients to ask questions and select a treatment plan that allows for effective medical care that meets their individual goals.

Dr. Robinson is fellowship trained in sports medicine and orthopaedic surgery from Cornell University, the nations top orthpaedic program and has conducted extensive scientific research, published multiple journal articles, and written several book chapters to advance the field of orthopedics.

Dr. Robinson is assisted by Linda H. Liebold, MHS, PA-C. and Chad A. Schmidt, ATC, CSCS, OTC.

Dr. Robinson's Care Philosophy

At the Jordan-Young Institute, Dr. Robinson specializes in keeping active adults participating in the activities that are important to them.  His background with elite athletes allows him to bring a unique perspective to everyday and complex orthopedic problems.   Whether a sport enthusiast is trying to recover from a specific injury, a master athlete is trying to stay in the game, or a senior is trying to keep up with friends and family, Dr. Robinson enjoys helping people get back quickly to the activities that make them happy.

Dr. Robinson says...

Specializing in injuries and disorders of the shoulder and knee

Dr. Robinson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Robinson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Robinson's Board Certifications

Pittsburgh Med Ctr

Completed in 2008

University of Virginia

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Robinson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Robinson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics