Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 63

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Winter Haven, FL and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine in 1983. He is affiliated with Winter Haven Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD

1601 6th St SE Ste B Winter Haven, FL 33880

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Messieh with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at AdventHealth.

Make an appointment at AdventHealth today at (407) 270-0723.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of AdventHealth.

Dr. Messieh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Messieh

Highly recommend
Dr. Messieh and his staff are professional and compassionate. Dr. Messieh did my my left total knee replacement 6 years ago. They provide clear instructions and information on what to expect. I followed all the instructions to the letter and did the pre surgery exercises. I am positive this made all the difference in my recovery. I no longer live in Florida but when I needed a right total knee replacement I wanted Dr. Messieh to be my surgeon. His staff helped me navigate all the steps needed to make this possible. I also did all the pre surgery exercises to strengthen my hamstring and quadricep muscles. I had surgery at 11am December 2, 2022 and I walked out of the hospital at 7:30pm. His staff made sure I was immediately setup with a home health nurse and physical therapist. After 2 weeks of in home physical therapy his staff helped me get my outpatient therapy scheduled. It is important to do the exercises recommended. I am back home and doing great. Thanks Dr. Messieh and staff.
Lahoma B – Jan 21, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
Thorough, professional, excellent surgeon, excellent surgery, excellent recovery procedure, and excellent follow up.
Robert Lang – Jan 19, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
From making and arriving for my first appointment everyone was so over the top professional in every way. I was over whelmed when Dr. Messieh told me I needed double knee replacement. He as well as his staff assured me I was in the good hands. It turned out to be true. It was unbelievable again his staff, the hospital staff, home therapy, home health care and out patient therapy were all wonderful. I can't thank everyone enough helping me get thru this as I'm getting the other one done soon and feel very confident I will be treated in the same manner. I would highly recommend Dr Messieh
Jan 13, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
Dr. Messieh did right hip replacement surgery on me less than 4 weeks ago. The pain I was having prior to surgery was getting unbearable, 2 hours after surgery the pain was gone, and I was walking down the hallway. This Doctor is a Professional and his entire staff are as well. He has released me to return to work and normal activities.
TOM WERNER PATIENT – Jan 07, 2023
Knee replacement
Was referred to Dr. Messieh by one of my other doctors. He informed me that the left knee needed replacing. After a cancellation due to a wound infection from a different doctor’s procedure, finally got the surgery. I have found Dr. Messiaen and his entire staff to be very professional and courteous. Would recommend he and his clinic to anyone with knee problems. He will shoot straight with the truth, even if you don’t like it.
Michael W Hall – Dec 22, 2022
Perfect Results!
I first came to Dr. Messieh when I was 46 years old and he was reluctant to perform a full knee replacement due to my age; therefore, we chose to buy some time. After several years of gel and cortisone injections, the deterioration in my knees was significantly impacting my way of life. I do appreciate Dr. Messieh’s conservative approach, though at this point we both agreed it was time. Dr. Messieh and I both had high expectations of the other for the outcome of this surgery. After just 4-weeks I have more range and mobility than any of the similar patients I see in physical therapy, most with more recovery time than me. The pain in my knee after a month is equal to what I was experiencing prior to the surgery, but thankfully I am on the recovery side of it now! Dr. Messieh has absolutely met my expectations and I am thrilled with the outcome. I plan to have my other knee done next year and without a doubt, I will be going back to Dr. Messieh!
Thomas Gillman – Dec 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
My husband had total knee replacement by Dr Messieh he is the absolute best!! We drove all the way from the east coast to have him do his surgery gonna have the other knee done as soon as this one is healed up good would highly recommend this doctor and his staff
Gressinger – Dec 17, 2022
Knee Replacement
Dr. Messieh ROCKS!!! He is very professional, treats you with kindness, and is upfront with what is going on with what you are there for. He has a great sense of humor as well. He explains all that is going on and what will go on before surgery as well as after. he answers your questions and you walk out of his office feeling well-informed and at ease with surgery (if that's what you choose). I had a makoplasty on my right knee (unfortunately Dr. Messieh did not do it) but I feel stronger and better with my total left knee replacement that Dr. Messieh DID do!!! After 2 weeks of the surgery, I was able to get rid of the walker, cane and walk on my own!!! Thank you, Dr. Messieh for bringing the other Nemaw (grandma) back to be able to have th
Cynde Hern – Dec 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
Dr Messieh was recommended to me by a neighbor. He is an amazing surgeon. There was very little pain and swelling in my knee. By the end of the second week I was walking on my own. I need my other knee done and will have him replace that one also. Everyone on his staff are very professional and very nice.
Lynn B – Nov 19, 2022
THR on October 18, 2022.
First full day home and feeling good. Expect a full recovery and back to normal living.
Cheryl H. – Oct 20, 2022
My experience with Dr. Messieh
By far the very best for Hip Replacement and Knee surgery.
William L Lambert Jr – Oct 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
Hip replacement surgery. Every one was so caring and helpful.
Marie Schnoor – Oct 16, 2022
Knee Replacement
After hearing Dr. Messieh was the best, I believe it. He has every part of this procedure covered with precision, knows what he is doing, is confident and passionate about his profession. He’s been doing this surgery for decades. I was worried about being just another number, but he truly loves what he does, has it down to a science, he and his team are wonderful. He was very caring for the four years before I agreed to surgery, and literally helped me “limp along” until I was ready to have a total knee replacement. He has a no nonsense manner, and I appreciate that.
Jane – Oct 11, 2022
The Best Surgeon in Florida
I was very hesitant about getting my knee replaced in Florida but my Orthopedic Surgeon and good friend in Rochester NY had to retire due to a hip replacement that he had that wasn't working out for him, so after talking to a couple people who highly recommended Dr. Messieh I decided to see him and am I glad I did he's a great surgeon and has the best bedside manor of any Dr. I've ever met. It has been 5 weeks since my surgery and I just finished playing 9 holes of golf and doing great no pain. Thank you Dr. Messieh for a fantastic job....
Alan Criscuolo – Sep 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
Replaced both knees. Extremely pleased with results and doctor’s approach to healing.
Juanita Schnoor – Sep 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
Great surgeon,very professional and friendly staff
I recommend him to anyone needing hip or knee surgery.
Miguel Cruz – Sep 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?
I saw the good doctor for R hip pain and found out my L was bone on bone. I'm a nurse and had taken care of his patient's at home and their recovery was without complications. I had the hip surgery 7/20/22 and my recovery has been fantastic. He's the best surgeon as far as I'm concerned. And so is his staff in the office. Brittany is his PA.
Cheri Cash RN – Sep 15, 2022
I would definitely recommend Dr Messieh
Dr Messieh is an awesome doctor great bedside manner and an awesome surgeon his staff is wonderful I would recommend him to anyone that needs a hip replacement
Debbie Barley – Sep 12, 2022
Outstanding!
Outstanding! Local winter haven residents know Dr Messieh as the best. My hip replacement surgery proved that with no pain and excellent outcome.
Sep 05, 2022
My to
My total right knee replacement was completed on 08/17/2022. Within two weeks I was ambulating with a cane , actually did better without acne. The staff at his office were compassionate and helpful Dr. Messieh was extremely crafted in his specialty. Barely see the incision. I came all the way here to Winter Haven, Florida from Houston Texas to have this surgeon work on my knee. I'm proud that I did. .
Susan Schaeffer – Sep 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Messieh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Messieh?