Dr. Samuel Koo, MD

Dr. Samuel Koo, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  ·
Dr. Samuel Koo, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Kirkland, WA and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine in 2003 and specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

12911 120th Ave NE Ste H210

Kirkland, WA 98034

• Guardian
  • Health Net
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Koo

See how frequently Dr. Koo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Shoulder Dislocation
high
Arm Surgery
high

Dr. Koo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Koo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Koo "Dr. Samuel Koo, MD, MPH is a board-certified orthopedic physician and surgeon specializing in minimally invasive arthroscopic shoulder surgery, complex open shoulder surgery, trauma and fracture care. Dr. Koo is an authority on treating shoulder problems to help patients resume an active lifestyle as quickly as possible. He trained with Dr. Stephen Burkhart, the world's foremost expert in minimally invasive shoulder surgery. Dr. Koo is licensed to practice medicine and surgery in the state of Washington."

This content was provided by Dr. Koo "I believe all surgeons should have two essential qualities: integrity and empathy. To me, integrity means treating each patient as if I were caring for my wife and children. Family is exceedingly important to me so you can be assured you will be well cared for. I will not recommend surgery unless all non-operative solutions have been explored and exhausted. Also, integrity means to offer the highest quality care currently available. I am an expert at arthroscopic (minimally invasive) shoulder surgery. The shoulder is an extremely fascinating joint with lots of moving parts. As such, injuries are common and often complex. Over the last few years, there have been dramatic improvements in the way we treat shoulder pathology. We are now able to perform most shoulder surgeries using arthroscopic techniques (small incisions) that are at least as good, if not better than, the open (larger incisions) procedures of the past. Having trained with the world's expert in minimally invasive shoulder surgery, the care/technical expertise you will receive is cutting edge and based on the best available research for various shoulder ailments (e.g. rotator cuff tears, labral tears and instability). In fact, I am always actively looking for new ways to improve my surgical/nonsurgical treatment methods so you can regain your active lifestyle. Lastly, empathy is a term not often associated with surgeons. This is quite unfortunate, because we are in the ideal position to support patients as they recover from difficult procedures. In my practice, your questions will be heard and answered promptly. By working together, focused on your goals, we can optimize the patient experience and maximize your health and well being."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Scapular Fracture
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Wheaton College
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Fellowship with Stephen Burkhart
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Koo has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Koo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Koo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Koo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Koo

Dr. Koo?
Dr. Koo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Samuel Koo, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Koo and his team was great! He explained the issue with my shoulder and explained the risks and probable outcomes of the surgery. It turns out I had a lot of repair needed and the surgery and recovery has been a success. I am still working to return to contact sports, but I have returned to...Read More
Jason P in Kirkland, WA – Jul 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Koo, MD?
When I hurt my shoulders I came to Doc. Koo. He was amazing. I had total convenience in his course of treatment. I had one shoulder replaced and the other repaired. His staff was always friendly and professional. The best part was I knew financially where I was at all times. I would recommend...Read More
Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Koo, MD?
I've been very pleased with the process of my shoulder surgery and rehabilitation. I now have back the activity that my previous injury was taking away. Thank You.
John Stevenson in Duvall, WA – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Koo, MD?
Dr. Koo is great, I can sleep well now without shoulder pain. very pleased.
Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Koo, MD?
I traveled over 2000 miles to see Dr Koo. I was able to accomplish some pre-screening with Dr Koo and his staff. My first appointment was prompt, informative and very encouraging. I scheduled surgery and from the time I arrived until I was leaving in my car with my wife there was less than 5...Read More
David in Fairbanks, AK – May 08, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Koo?