Dr. Samuel Joseph Jr, MD

Dr. Samuel Joseph Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Samuel Joseph Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

Joseph Spine

2727 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Ste 590

Tampa, FL 33607

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Joseph Jr

See how frequently Dr. Joseph Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Low Back Pain

Dr. Joseph Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Joseph Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Joseph Jr "Dr. Samuel A. Joseph Jr. completed his Bachelors of Science Degree at the University of Akron in two years with honors, and received his medical degree from the Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, graduating at the top of his class. His training in general and orthopaedic surgery was completed at the Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York. Dr. Joseph went on to train in one of the most prestigious spine fellowship programs under the direction of Dr. Michael Neuwirth at the Spine Institute of New York. There he specialized in scoliosis, as well as a multitude of degenerative disorders of the cervical and lumbar spine, with emphasis on revision surgeries. Dr. Joseph's practice includes the specialized, conservative, and surgical care of patients. Treatment includes therapeutic injections, disc replacement surgery, minimally invasive techniques, and complex reconstruction of adult and pediatric spinal disorders. Dr. Joseph is also among a select group of surgeons to offer cutting edge regenerative injection therapy. Dr. Joseph has used his training and experience to become a leader nationwide on revision surgery for patients who have experienced failed surgery in the past. These patients have traveled to see Dr. Joseph not only from the Tampa Bay area, but from other areas of Florida and across the country as well. Dr. Joseph is active in teaching his minimally invasive techniques, complex scoliosis procedures and revision strategies to surgeons across the United States, as well as internationally, including China, Russia, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine and Switzerland. Dr. Joseph has published numerous articles in neurosurgical and orthopaedic spine journals. His research on scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, and spinal surgery in the elderly has been presented at many international meetings including the International Meeting for Advanced Spinal Techniques. He has active privileges at Memorial Hospital in Tampa, Mease Countryside Hospital in Safety Harbor, and sees patients at our offices in those cities, as well as at our office in St. Petersburg. He has developed a minimally invasive outpatient spinal surgery program at Advanced Surgery Center of Tampa to provide state of the art, current care to the Tampa Bay area. Dr. Joseph and his family are active members of the Tampa Bay community. They have taken a special interest in the Make a Wish Foundation, and its goal of granting wishes and making life better for kids with life-threatening medical conditions. He also lends his time to the Butterfly Foundation, which brings deformity focused spine surgeons and comprehensive teams to developing countries to teach local spine surgeons through didactics, work-shops, and surgery on local patients."

• Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery

• Stony Brook University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Spine Institute Of New York
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Joseph Jr has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Joseph Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Joseph Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Joseph Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Joseph Jr to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Joseph Jr's Performance
Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Joseph is an outstanding surgeon. He performed a very successful lumbar S1-L4 fusion surgery on our daughter who was suffering from a congenital problem/severe sports injury. She is doing fantastically well four months later. We got many opinions and were referred to Dr Joseph by several specialists. Our experiences with the offices have been very mixed and sometimes chaotic, but Dr Joseph's direct assistants are excellent and his work is great! The new office seems better and improving
in New Port Richey, FL |
I've am 47 years old and have had severe scoliosis and many surgeries. I was having an awful time breathing and controlling the extreme chronic back pain. It only took Dr. Joseph one visit to recognize the problem, schedule my surgery and remedy the problem! Although I have a long way to go in the healing process, I can breathe and am optimistic that my pain will be controlled! Incredible surgeon, incredible staff.... worth the wait EVERY TIME!
in Brooksville |
I had a spinal fusion done on my entire spine with a very good Dr. in NY. While I was here in Florida I ended up breaking both rods. August 7th, 2015 I had to go thru the surgery all over again. Finding Dr. Joseph was a true blessing! He assessed the situation quickly, got me in to surgery even quicker to have this repair done. The procedure was very long but Dr. Joseph did an incredible job replacing the broken rods and reinforcing them where they originally broke. He has a great staff.
in Dunedin, FL |
This is the best surgeon around. Dr. Joseph operated on me 5/12 and has done an amazing job. The staff is always professional and make you feel cared about. Beyond 5 stars!
Pinellas Park, FL |
I had a spine fusion with this doctor. He left my stitches in my spine for too long and ended up having my come into the office and had his PA cut my stitches out of my spine, without washing the area before or after. Within 2 weeks I was in the hospital for a massive STAPH infection. I ended up having to have 3 SEPERATE clean out surgeries and went home after a month and a half (in and out) with a PIC line on Venco. I had to have 12 weeks of antibiotics. He didn't care and discharged me, RUN
Orlando, FL |
Don't come here they loss my patients notes. The staff don't know what they are doing. You can leave a message and never get a call back. Dr. Jopeph spends 3 minutes with you after you wait over an hour. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but no more. Find another doctor
in St Petersburg, FL |
I suffered with chronic pain in my right leg for nearly 4 years. I decided that I was going to have surgery to permanently fix my back issue. I was recommended by my primary care doctor, Colin Chan to go to Dr. Joseph. Dr Joseph discovered that I had a much more serious back issue that needed to be fixed first which resulted in my first surgery, 3 months later, I had my second surgery which has alleviated the pain in my leg. Waking up everyday pain free is life changing! Dr Joseph is AMAZING!!!
in Clearwater, FL |
Healthcare appointment was good. I called ahead to make sure They took BC&BS insurance - answer , YES - actually NOT. Just got a bill from Dr. Joseph for an office visit for $1,326.00. Billing department is impossible to get to. Since when is an office visit alone worth $1,324.00
Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Joseph will impress you. In my opinion he is a highly skilled surgeon who knows what to do and say to help you feel completely confident that the procedure will be a success. Post op he quickly and capably assessed patient needs and abilities in order to optimize the discharge plan and get his patient on track for return to normal living.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Joseph diagnosed my cervical spine issue & first treated w/steroidal injections. When that gave no relief, he recommended surgery. I had my surgery on May 24. Prior to the surgery my quality of life was greatly diminished because of the incredible pain I was in. Even strong pain meds did not help. Post-surgery, I IMMEDIATELY felt relief from the pain. It feels like a miracle. The aftercare from Dr Joseph and his staff is wonderful. I will go for my final checkup in August 2016.
Tampa, FL |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Joseph. He was recommended to me as the best surgeon in town, and I truly believe that after how I am feeling now that I have had surgery. I could not be more grateful to have found such a great doctor.
in Safety Harbor fl |
I would recommend Dr. Joseph. He is excellent at determining what is wrong and correting it quickly anc permanently. I was in agony for 8mos. He did surgery and fixed the issue. I am recovering well and am very pleased with the outcome. Don't go in looking for a shoulder to cry on. This surgeon is busy and focused. Have your information and questions ready and hd will answer them.
in Seminole, FL |
I have been treating with this office for over a year. During this time, they have X-rayed the wrong parts of my body, spelled my name wrong for post-op prescriptions/medical forms and been cursed out by the medical assistant. Last but not least, my procedure required stitches to be removed a few weeks after the procedure. The office rescheduled my appointment numerous times - to the point that my stitches eventually grew into my skin, and thus having to
in Bradenton, FL |
I am a 54 year old male who went to Dr. Joseph after meeting with several other surgeons. All the surgeons I saw agreed that I needed a 2 level fusion at L4 and L5-S1. I was referred to Dr. Joseph from a friend who also had a successful surgery with him. Dr. Joseph and his staff are very professional and efficient. Dr. Joseph explained exactly what my issues were and how he planned to correct them. My surgery turned out even better than I expected and I can't thank Dr. Joseph enough.
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Joseph Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Joseph Jr?