Dr. Samuel H. Iwata, MD

Dr. Samuel H. Iwata, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 64 years old

107 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Iwata specializes in Gastroenterology and practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Iwata? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Iwata's Experience

See how Dr. Iwata's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iwata

Dr. Iwata accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Iwata has admitting privileges.

Dr. Iwata's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iwata to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Iwata
Dr. Iwata's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (104)
in Colorado springs. CO |
Dr iwata respectively agreed to perform a upper. GI scope on me without drugs "anesthesia" he definitely knows what he is doing and very good at it. His assistant and himself talked me through the operation and I didn't get hurt at all. Thank you caring for me and my life like it were yours. Your are a very good doctor .
Colorado Springs, CO |
I had my procedure in October and this survey was sent in February. I do not some of the nuances of these questions since so much time has passed. The one question of spending time with patient is funny since I met him after being wheeled into the operating room and that was it. But I'm okay with that since my colon was fine.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
It is likely that I recommend Dr. Iwata to family and friends.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata is very patient and listens - he always explains things and answers all my questions. He is very caring and I have every confidence that he will help me in any way he can.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
My gastroenterologist for the past 20 years. He and his PAs took the BEST care of me. He will always have my highest recommendation.
in Colorado Springs |
Given that the colonoscopy procedure is an unpleasant ordeal by its very nature, Dr. Iwata and his staff succeed at minimizing any unpleasantries. They seemed quite compassionate, professional and capable. Their process appeared to be geared toward making the patient feel comfortable, and assured. I was fully anesthetized during the procedure, (which I prefer), and awoke in a private room where my wife was waiting for me to awaken. I felt no pain or discomfort at all.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been a patient for over 15 years and had excellent service and care.
in Colorado Springs |
I would highly recommend Dr. Iwata! He is obviously knowledgeable and presents a calm, compassionate manner. He empowers his patients to make their own decisions about their care and offers gentle guidance without pressure. Very kind man!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata is an excellent physician. He is knowledgeable, capable, personable, and on time! I found my experiences with him to be beneficial in all regards. I'd highly recommend Dr. Iwata.
Wonderful, quick, efficient!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Folan did my procedure not Dr. Iwata. I need an explanation of what was shown in one of my photographs stating "mild diverticulitus". It appears there was something unnatural there in that photograph.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Do NOT go to this doctor. Totally ignored me in his hurry to push another patient through his system. Could not even remember my name.
Worst doctor I've seen
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Iwata is an excellent physician. He has a considerate bedside manner that can only be compared to Doctor Woodell (my previous Gastroenterologist). Dr Woodell retired many years ago and was the protege of the first Gastrointerologist in Colorado Springs, Dr Smith (my first). I only need to see Dr Iwata every three years, now, since my other (related) problem is well controlled.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Terrible "doctor". This guy lied to me about everything. After waiting for over an hour, he finally stumbled in and called me by the wrong name. After I corrected him, he began explaining about an upper endoscopy. I had to correct him again that this procedure was a colonoscopy. He then mumbled something and walked out. He totally ignored my concerns and failed to answer half of my questions. The results showed a clean bill of health, which turned out to also be wrong.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata has been my physician for many years now. He has always been quite professional and thorough in his explanations about my care. When he felt I could be more adequately followed by a physician in Denver, he explained to me all the details and why he felt this way. I trust Dr. Iwata's medical expertise and his judgment calls. Yes, I would recommend his care to any of my friends and/or family.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I have had several colonoscopies performed by Dr. Iwata. Not only is he a wonderful doctor with a calm and soothing bedside manner, he thoroughly informed me about what would be happening during the procedure. His entire wonderful staff also put me at ease. At a rating of 1 to 100, I would give Dr. Iwata at least a 500 ! ! !
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I could not be more pleased with the care. Excellent in all phases.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata was very thorough during my examination. He listened to my concerns and didn't make me feel like he was in a hurry to see another patient.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great, friendly, professional, good communicator, caring.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Always kind, respectful and competent.
in Colorado Springs CO |
It was very pleasant. He explained everything to me and had test done
in Monument, CO |
Very good bedside manner. Explained everything in detail. Very competent.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The entire process is great. Support staff are very attentive. Good communication about entire procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata is VERY compassionate, understanding and explains everything in a manner that is easy to understand. His staff is incredible, goes out of their way to insure your comfort in a VERY caring manner! I trust Dr. Iwata and his staff completely! I feel safe and cared for in all of their hands! If you are looking for a top of the line doctor and staff....Dr. Iwata and his crew fits the bill! Thank-you for your services, knowledge and high degree of care & compassion!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Kind and caring doctor who doesn't try to bamboozle you with jargon. He spends time with each patient and it is clear that he cares about each one.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He is very friendly and professional. I felt at ease and that I was going to be well taken care of.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Iwata and the staff are incredibly professional, kind, respectful and friendly! They answered all my questions while preparing me for my procedure and didn't skip a beat! It's obvious those folks love what they do and work quite well together as they dance around each other to get the job done! I have some anatomical challenges that made me a little fearful of this procedure, but Dr. Iwata found no obstacles throughout and listened very closely to my concerns! Great Experience & outcome!
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Iwata was very cordial and shared the procedure process before beginning and the results after the procedure in good detail. He built confidence explaining his experience.
Calming, assured, confident.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr, Iwata is so kind and professional.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Iwata was very thorough in ascertaining my needs for requesting the tests that my primary physician ordered. He then was able to share with me his opinions on my needs and discuss with me his reasoning and best practices. He listened well and was not hurried during the consult . My questions were respected and given thoughtful replies. Ultimately I felt very confident about the decisions reached and my impending procedure.
in Divide, CO |
Caring, thorough, expert.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Iwata is a very caring physician. He describes the procedures well and very cautious regarding his careplan making sure all issues are addressed appropriately.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Iwata explains everything very clearly so that I can understand exactly what is happening and what the results are. He always answers my questions.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been fortunate enough to have had Dr. Iwata a couple of times throughout the last few years and would not have wanted anyone else. He makes you comfortable and makes sure you understand everything. Never makes you feel like he is in a hurry.
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Iwata is great!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Iwata for six or seven years. I have been impressed with Dr. Iwata and his staff since day one. The quality of service and professional care I have received is the best. I have been recommending Dr. Iwata and his staff you years, and recommend this facility to everyone.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Iwata is interested in you. He asks about any issues or questions you have, then discusses them with options for you without putting you down.
Monument, CO |
Everyone at GACS is pleasant and works to bring an unpleasant procedure to a quick end.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata has been in this field for years, and has much experience.
Excellent
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very friendly and efficient practice.
in Penrose, CO |
Excellent care ! Dr Iwata explained procedure and was very pleasant. Would definately reccomend him to friends and family.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Iwata's bedside manners. He informed me of the procedure and what to expect. The procedure went very well. After the procedure Dr. Iwata explained to me what he found and told me when I should schedule my next procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The procedure was smooth and pain free. All of the staff at the center were great. Over all a great experience for what it is. I mean nobody like to get medical procedures done.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Iwata for many years. He is the only one I would trust with my gastro health, and I'm not kidding. Over the years I have observed his dedicated approach to his craft and have been impressed with him at every visit. I have always found him to be friendly, cordial, and very professional. I believe I do not have colon cancer today because of the care and advice I have been given by Dr. Iwata and his staff. He and his organization come highly recommended.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata exudes confidence about his treatment of the patient. Very competent and friendly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Digestive issues can be very confusing, scary and PAINFULL for us patients. My prior GI labeled all my issues as Gastroparesis and sent me on my way to fend for myself. Dr. Iwata listened to me when I was describing my symptoms and is helping me dig deeper to get some relief from my major issues. I really appreciate all of his years of experience and him helping me to improve my quality of life.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Iwata is a very efficient friendly Doctor. We were so impressed with the prodecure he did on my husband
Have you seen Dr. Samuel H. Iwata, MD?

Dr. Iwata's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Iwata has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Iwata's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

University of New Mexico / Main Campus

Completed in 1984

University Of Colorado

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Iwata does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iwata and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures