Dr. Samuel H. Iwata, MD

Dr. Samuel H. Iwata, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 63 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Iwata specializes in Gastroenterology and practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Iwata? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Iwata's Experience

See how Dr. Iwata's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iwata

Dr. Iwata accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Iwata has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Iwata's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iwata to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Iwata
Dr. Iwata's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (46)
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata has been in this field for years, and has much experience.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Don't trust this guy. I checked his credentials and almost nothing checked out. His "medical school" never heard of him.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very friendly and efficient practice.
in Penrose, CO |
Excellent care ! Dr Iwata explained procedure and was very pleasant. Would definately reccomend him to friends and family.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Iwata's bedside manners. He informed me of the procedure and what to expect. The procedure went very well. After the procedure Dr. Iwata explained to me what he found and told me when I should schedule my next procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The procedure was smooth and pain free. All of the staff at the center were great. Over all a great experience for what it is. I mean nobody like to get medical procedures done.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Iwata for many years. He is the only one I would trust with my gastro health, and I'm not kidding. Over the years I have observed his dedicated approach to his craft and have been impressed with him at every visit. I have always found him to be friendly, cordial, and very professional. I believe I do not have colon cancer today because of the care and advice I have been given by Dr. Iwata and his staff. He and his organization come highly recommended.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata exudes confidence about his treatment of the patient. Very competent and friendly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Digestive issues can be very confusing, scary and PAINFULL for us patients. My prior GI labeled all my issues as Gastroparesis and sent me on my way to fend for myself. Dr. Iwata listened to me when I was describing my symptoms and is helping me dig deeper to get some relief from my major issues. I really appreciate all of his years of experience and him helping me to improve my quality of life.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Iwata is a very efficient friendly Doctor. We were so impressed with the prodecure he did on my husband
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I've had the pleasure of being treated by Dr Iwata and his team twice (2013 and 2016). No problems, very responsive and Knowledgeable. I will use Dr Iwata again in four years without hesitation. I have and will continue to refer his excellent service to family and acquaintances. Thank you Dr Iwata.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was very disappointed with the staff and Dr. Iwata. My phone calls were not returned. Wait times of 30 and 40 minutes were routine. Dr. Iwata seemed annoyed and distracted. He didn't really answer our questions honestly, or he didn't know what he was talking about. We will never return.
We are very sorry you had a bad experience. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to call our office and ask for the practice administrator as she is always looking for feedback and ways to improve in any way.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Iwata is awesome. He is very friendly, very professional, and caring and sensitive to my needs. I've see n him for probably 20 years and my opinion has never waivored.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have known Dr Iwata for years while I practiced in town. He has always been trustworthy dealing with my referrals and in turn in my own care.
in Woodland Park |
Had a scope done. Staff and doctor were great.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He is always gentle and explains all procedures before he starts
Very professional and kind
in CO |
I've send Dr Iwata a few times. He is vey. thorough and engages with patients in a way most doctors do not. He's seeks your buy in with a course treatment...
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very good bed side manner, very caring and didn't seemed rushed
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Outstanding service! Dr Iwata and every member of the team were friendly, communicated status and results in patient-friendly language, and never made communication seem rushed. The post-procedure coffee choices are an awesome touch from the "bottoms-up café!" Thanks for exceptional support.
in Monument, CO |
I have been examined and treated by Dr. Iwata for intestinal polyps several times and am very satisfied with his competence and care.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very impressed with Dr Iwata and his staff. Very knowledgeable and thorough explanations of procedures and results. This office is on time and efficient.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
After probably 10 colonoscopies and a few other specific events, I, unequivocally, trust Dr Iwata with my medical needs in this area of my health.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Iwata was kind, supportive, professional, and encouraging. I could not ask for a better experience than he and his staff provided. I will definitely return to his office for care and will refer friends and family to him as well.
in Eads, CO |
My experience with Dr. Iwata and his staff was very positive. I just retired from a career in healthcare so I am familiar with the way a clinic should be run and I was pleasantly impressed. My wait time was not long and the staff was friendly and helpful. The prep procedure was not as bad with this colonoscopy as it was with the one I had 10+ years ago.
in Monument, CO |
Professional, caring and a good sense of humor too!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very caring and knowledgeable team. Enjoy my visits with the doctor and his team.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
A great experience with Dr. Iwata. I found him to be an outstanding Dr. and I would recommend him for sure to anyone that needs a doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Samuel H. Iwata, MD?

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

University of Colorado At Denver