Dr. Samuel Iwata, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Samuel Iwata, MD

Dr. Samuel Iwata, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Iwata is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

...See Less

Dr. Iwata's Experience

See how Dr. Iwata's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iwata

Dr. Iwata accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Iwata is now accepting new patients
    South Office1699 Medical Center Pt
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    Saturday
    (719) 632-7101Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Iwata has admitting privileges.

Dr. Iwata's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iwata to family and friends
    Dr. Iwata's Performance
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    What a quack. This man is a disgrace to his profession and a disappointment to mankind in general. Doctors are not supposed to lie to their patients. He is either stupid, or a complete liar. He lied to me when he told me a colonoscopy is "only a little uncomfortable." (reality check: very painfull). He lied to me when he said the proceedure would not make my hemorrhoids worse. Everything he did showed a lack of respect for the patient.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I paid this man a lot of money and then he disrespects me by lying to me. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS! The office was shabby and dirty. The administrative personnel were inept didn't return my calls.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I am stunned by the audacity if this doctor. He lied to my face several times about very important issues. On top of that, I found his self righteous attitude and rude demeanor to be unacceptable.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata is the best: thorough, compassionate, clear with ample communication!
    Colorado Springs Colorado |
    I thought he was great! I did not like the crass products- bottoms up or up yours. I didn't find it respectful and professional.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    The most important thing is being able to trust your doctor. Too bad Sam Iwata blew that before we even began. He lied several times to my face. I walked out.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    This was my 2nd procedure. Last time was 10 year ago. The staff was pleasant and efficient. They took good care of me.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Excellent physician and extremely efficient.
    Colorado Springs |
    Dr. Iwata was dismissive and not at all interested in helping me. Was treated like a disruption in his day rather then a valued patient. Took months to get an appt, and in the end I was extremely disappointed in the care
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    I've been in to see Dr. Iwata for a procedure three times in the past fifteen years. He has always shown a genuine concern for my medical needs, something that should be a no brainer, but is often missing in today's care. He listened carefully to my concerns, took notes, and discussed several good options.
    in Florissant, CO |
    Dr iwata was helpful in answering my question, gentle in his instructions and care for me. I have used his services three times and would gladly use them again if I needed them.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata is very professional and explained everything so I could understand.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    He is a trusted doctor. I have been under his care for more than 6 years. He has helped keep me alive.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    The only thing I wasn't happy with was when I got the kit from your office and it had 1 Depends in it. One??? I read the handouts and figured that getting the right stuff from the office would be all I would need. Because it was a kit, from you, I expected that meant I wouldn't have to get anything else, everything would be included in the "kit". By the time I dug into it and discovered 1 Depends it was too late to leave my house.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Superior physician in all respects.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Everyone at the office is so pleasant.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    The entire team is Great! Dr. Iwata is a very compassionate individual and ensures your comfort prior to any procedure. Thanks for all your office has done for my wife and I.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Outstanding doctor. Excellent medical care and pleasant office/procedure environment.
    in Fountain, CO |
    DR. IWATA IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR, HE IS SO KIND AND HELPFUL. I would recomend Dr. Iwata to anyone. Rosemary Walkowski
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    He's the most wonderful Gastroenterologist doc I've ever met. Very kind, attentive, and professional. Have known him for many many years. So happy to see him every visit for follow up to my Hepatitis B, Colonoscopy, etc. Will be incredibly sad when he retires.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    When undergoing a procedure that is really not talked about it can be a bit intimidating. Everyone at the office was comforting and so genuine. The procedure was so quick and so easy on my part. Dr. Iwata was kind and thoughtful and explained everything. All the nurses were so sweet and kind. I would recommend Dr. Iwata to anyone. See you all in 4 years!
    Memphis, TN |
    Dr Iwata was excellent. He explained everything about the procedure and made me feel at ease and confident.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata and his staffs saved my life !! I'm literally lying in a hospital bed doing well after a diagnosis of a large polyp in my colon that was unable to be removed endoscopicly! Thanks you Guys I think the surgery went well! I will know more tomorrow! See you all soon!
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata was great! He came in and spoke with me before the procedure, was very friendly and caring. He also came in after and let me know how things went and was great about answering all my questions. A family member recommended Dr. Iwata to me and I would recommend him as well!
    Denver, CO |
    I trusted his expertise completely. Nice man, no arrogance.
    in Monument, CO |
    My experience was as good as it could be considering what I was there for. Started with a warm blanket and a team of super nice people making sure I knew what to expect, then I went to sleep. When I woke up there was an angel there with a cup of coffee. Dr Iwata came in and gave me the results and I went home. Thank you, to everyone.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata was professional and thorough. Great bed side manner, answered all questions in a caring way. Nice man.
    in Colorado Springs, Co |
    Dr Iwata is the best by far. He is so professional and kind. I was nervous but he made me feel totally at ease. He cares about his patients very much. You could not ask for a smarter dr to be in charge of your care. Our family has used Dr Iwata for over 25 years.
    colorado springs, co |
    Excellent, professional doctor. I always recommend him. Hope he doesn't retire.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Simply the worst doctor I've ever seen. He lied to me about everything
    in Colorado springs. CO |
    Dr iwata respectively agreed to perform a upper. GI scope on me without drugs "anesthesia" he definitely knows what he is doing and very good at it. His assistant and himself talked me through the operation and I didn't get hurt at all. Thank you caring for me and my life like it were yours. Your are a very good doctor .
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    I had my procedure in October and this survey was sent in February. I do not some of the nuances of these questions since so much time has passed. The one question of spending time with patient is funny since I met him after being wheeled into the operating room and that was it. But I'm okay with that since my colon was fine.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    It is likely that I recommend Dr. Iwata to family and friends.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata is very patient and listens - he always explains things and answers all my questions. He is very caring and I have every confidence that he will help me in any way he can.
    in Mount Pleasant, SC |
    My gastroenterologist for the past 20 years. He and his PAs took the BEST care of me. He will always have my highest recommendation.
    in Colorado Springs |
    Given that the colonoscopy procedure is an unpleasant ordeal by its very nature, Dr. Iwata and his staff succeed at minimizing any unpleasantries. They seemed quite compassionate, professional and capable. Their process appeared to be geared toward making the patient feel comfortable, and assured. I was fully anesthetized during the procedure, (which I prefer), and awoke in a private room where my wife was waiting for me to awaken. I felt no pain or discomfort at all.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I have been a patient for over 15 years and had excellent service and care.
    in Colorado Springs |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Iwata! He is obviously knowledgeable and presents a calm, compassionate manner. He empowers his patients to make their own decisions about their care and offers gentle guidance without pressure. Very kind man!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    No complaints, professionally taken care of
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata is an excellent physician. He is knowledgeable, capable, personable, and on time! I found my experiences with him to be beneficial in all regards. I'd highly recommend Dr. Iwata.
    Wonderful, quick, efficient!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr Iwata is an excellent physician. He has a considerate bedside manner that can only be compared to Doctor Woodell (my previous Gastroenterologist). Dr Woodell retired many years ago and was the protege of the first Gastrointerologist in Colorado Springs, Dr Smith (my first). I only need to see Dr Iwata every three years, now, since my other (related) problem is well controlled.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata has been my physician for many years now. He has always been quite professional and thorough in his explanations about my care. When he felt I could be more adequately followed by a physician in Denver, he explained to me all the details and why he felt this way. I trust Dr. Iwata's medical expertise and his judgment calls. Yes, I would recommend his care to any of my friends and/or family.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    I have had several colonoscopies performed by Dr. Iwata. Not only is he a wonderful doctor with a calm and soothing bedside manner, he thoroughly informed me about what would be happening during the procedure. His entire wonderful staff also put me at ease. At a rating of 1 to 100, I would give Dr. Iwata at least a 500 ! ! !
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I could not be more pleased with the care. Excellent in all phases.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Iwata was very thorough during my examination. He listened to my concerns and didn't make me feel like he was in a hurry to see another patient.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Great, friendly, professional, good communicator, caring.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Always kind, respectful and competent.
    in Colorado Springs CO |
    It was very pleasant. He explained everything to me and had test done
    in Monument, CO |
    Very good bedside manner. Explained everything in detail. Very competent.
    Have you seen Dr. Samuel Iwata, MD?
    Are you Dr. Iwata?

Dr. Iwata's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Iwata has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Iwata's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
    • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

University of New Mexico / Main Campus

Completed in 1984

University Of Colorado

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Iwata does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iwata and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Gastroenterology Procedures