Dr. Samuel Houston III, MD

Dr. Samuel Houston III, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Samuel Houston III, MD is a vitreoretinal disease & surgery doctor who practices in Orlando, FL.

95 Columbia St

Orlando, FL 32806

• AvMed
  • Neighborhood Health Plan
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Houston III

See how frequently Dr. Houston III performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
Eye Surgery
Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear

Dr. Houston III's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Eye Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship, Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Houston III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Houston III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Houston III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Houston III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Houston III to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Houston III Says:

Dr. Houston and Florida Retina Institute would like to thank you for completing this survey. We strive to continuously provide excellent patient care and to treat our patients with professional respect in a patient-friendly environment. We value your opinion to ensure the quality care our patients deserve. We appreciate your trust and confidence in us.

Dr. Houston III's Performance
in Davenport, FL |
I completely enjoyed my visit with Dr. Houston. He was quite personable/did a great job of explaining the problem with my eyes. My eye doctor recommended him and I would go back if I ever have a problem that requires his attention. There were a lot of people in the waiting room and he handled each case giving everyone the time needed to be sure they understood what their situations were and I really liked that he was not trying to rush us through like cattle. He gets a thumbs up from me.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Houston first saw my husband in an emergency situation. Not only did he and his staff work as rapidly as possible to minimize the time that my husband spent without any sight but Dr. Houston successfully completed his surgery while explaining exactly what was going to happen and what the likely outcome was going to be. Thanks to Dr.Houston and his staff, we were able to manage through a very emotional situation without undue worry. We will be forever grateful for my husband's sight.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Houston make you feel very comfortable. He explains everything and upon leaving you know you have gotten good care.
Orlando, FL |
I had an emergency appointment with Dr. Houston & then emergency surgery with Dr. Houston; several follow up appts with him. He always explained in detail; listened to questions & concerns, then took the time to Thoroughly address everything -- still does that at each follow up. The STAFF in Lake Mary & Orlando offices are exactly the caliber of support people I'd like to find in every practice.
in Mount Dora, FL |
The doctor, the nurses, the staff were fantastic. The doctor had excellent patient rapport. He and all his staff made me feel very comfortable and I felt I was in good hands with something as delicate as my vision.
in Orlando, FL |
Professional and caring . Reassuring that he could take care of any concerns that I presented .
in Lansdale, PA |
On May 1, 2015, I had a vitrectomy with epiretinal membrane peel at Wills Eye institute in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Houston was completing his vitreoretinal fellowship there, and that day he performed my surgery. He did an outstanding job, and I was able to observe the entire procedure since I had requested to be fully awake during the operation. Today - 18 months later - the eye has stabilized at 20/25. I highly recommend Dr. Houston and count my experience that day a blessing! Cathy Nanovic
in Orlando, FL |
I met with Dr. Houston at the retina eye institute yesterday afternoon. Everyone in the office was friendly and professional. My exam was thorough. He explained my situation and suggested a laser procedure right then in the office. I had done enough research on him to have total confidence in his care. I felt very scared of the procedure and he and his staff totally reassured me and helped me feel at ease through the very quick procedure. I walked out of the office extremely happy and satisfied
in Lake Mary, FL |
DURING THE LAST SIX MONTHS, DR..HOUSTON HAS CONSISTENTLY DEMONSTRATED HIS PROFESSIONALISM, CARE AND GENUINE CONCERN FOR MY WELL BEING, COMFORT, AND VISUAL IMPROVEMENT TO MY FULL POTENTIAL WHILE ACHIEVING EXCELLENT RESULTS. HE HAS EXPLORED MULTIPLE THERAPIES, VARIED DRUGS, AND TREATMENTS WITH ME. EXPLAINING MY OPTIONS, ANSWERING QUESTIONS, AND INVITING MY INPUT AS WELL. i CAN FULLY ENDORSE AND RECOMMEND DR. HOUSTON AND HIS EXCELLENT STAFF.
in Paisley,FL |
I would not recommend, reason being is that my son had surgery on his eye on 2/16/16 at FLA. Hospital Altamonte Ambulatory. We were told to be there at 8:00 am did not do surgery till 2:30 pm and when Doctor finally got out of surgery never came to the waiting room to explain what all he had done to my son eye. I find this to be very UNPROFESSIONAL. Would not use ever again. Doctor did not seem to care enough to explain to our family members.
in Longwood, fl |
I had an appointment at 8am for surgery, it is now 10:30am and the receptionist said you will go back when you go back. I've been told that doctors who are part of Florida Hospital, is all about having a positive patient experience. I would recommend going to Orlando Health as this has been everything except pleasant. The doctors need to put people in customer facing positions which actually like people. Nothing is worse than having someone who is rude when you're scared about having surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Houston III, MD?
Are you Dr. Houston III?