Dr. Samuel Brown, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & InfertilityMaleAge 55

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Dr. Samuel Brown, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from West Virginia University Morgantown Wv medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Adventhealth Orlando and Adventhealth Orlando. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Samuel Brown, MD

Brown Fertility And Associates

14540 Old St Augustine Rd Ste 2497 Jacksonville, FL 32258 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Brown is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center Beaches Jacksonville Beach, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Brown treats your condition or procedure

• Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Evaluation
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Male Infertility
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation Reversal
  • Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Brown accepts

Dr. Brown accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brown

3.5

4.424778761061947%

Dr. Brown

My husband and I were unable to conceive naturally, so we became patients at Brown Fertility. We were very happy with our experience. All of the staff were very friendly, and the nurses ended up feeling like family! They responded quickly via email and made us feel comfortable in the office. They were also flexible with scheduling. Dr. Brown himself was very patient and knowledgeable. We never felt rushed, and he was very comforting through this emotional process. After almost two years of treatment, we had a successful pregnancy via IVF. We now have a beautiful, happy, healthy 6-month-old baby boy. He is the light of our lives, and we owe it all to Brown Fertility. We would 100% recommend to anyone trying to conceive. Thank you, Dr. Brown!
Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
I cannot day enough about the kindness shown by Dr. Brown. From the moment I met him he was warm and listened. I felt like my questions were answered and given more than enough time during my consult. The team including nurse Tiffany has been amazing and just available whenever I need her. I am very happy I chose him to be my provider!
Sep 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown changed my life! Not only did he correctly diagnose and treat my stage 4 endometriosis, which had gone undiagnosed for many years, he also gave me the miracle baby I just gave birth to one week ago. I felt listened to during my appointments, I was given education about my condition and I was fully supported by staff during my IVF process. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Brown and the staff at Brown Fertility for helping complete my family.
Kristie – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
We have been pleased with Brown Fertility's warm and caring environment. This is a very busy practice, but their physicians and staff make time for their patients and visits are never rushed. They provide personalized and compassionate care. We have recommended Dr. Brown to our close friends and colleagues.
Aug 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
After wasting 3 years with a "highly recommended" OBGYN for fertility issues, I finally went to Dr. Brown. Dr. Brown and his staff are very nice and competent. Their job is to get you pregnant, and that is what they do. I started going to Dr. Brown when I was 26 with PCOS, Stage 4 endo, polyps, blocked fallopian tubes, and blood clotting disorders. I had to go straight to IVF due to the endo that Dr. Brown discovered during surgery. I got pregnant my first frozen embryo transfer and my third. My husband and I would not have the family we have without the help from Brown Fertility. They have an open door policy, so any medical issues you have throughout the process the staff can help you any time. We have had nothing but a positive experience with this practice, and I have recommended Brown Fertility to many co-workers and friends. There are some long wait times (not all), but you have to think of the person in front of you. Did they just receive some bad news or have a miscarriage?
Jessica – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
My husband and I visited Dr. Brown for an initial consultation. Upon scheduling I inquired about the cost of the visit. I was informed it was $100. We paid 50 at scheduling and the rest was due after. We have since received a bill for $212 - we called to see why there was a difference and they told us its because we have to pay the insurance rate since we have insurance. Mind you our insurance did not pay anything - nor do they cover fertility consultation. Overall this company is completely shady they included forms in our new patient information that essential authorize this bait and switch to happen and I would never recommend doing business with them. If they are willing to lie on the initial consultation, then how could I possibly continue working with them.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ashley – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
A few things all patients should know before going to this clinic... 1. Dr. Brown does NOT do all the scans or procedures. He utilizes his nurses (who I did not feel are qualified) to determine important dates and they also do IUIs (not the Dr that you're paying thousands for). 2. Scheduling is a nightmare. Every single morning everything is overbooked and the waiting rooms are packed (so packed there's no place to sit). Which also turns into incredibly long wait times (I mean 2-3hrs sometimes to be seen for a quick, 5min scan). 3. Dr. Brown has every patient on the same exact schedule and protocol for IVF which is comical, as if all of our bodies are the exact same. Meaning all egg retrievals are done the same week and all transfers are done the same week. If something doesn't go as expected, he'll never suggest a new med or new protocol. He will simply just say "try it again." I wish this review didn't have a character limit, I would leave the rest of my story. DO NOT GO TO BROWN.
Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
We had a great experience with Dr. Brown! We became pregnant on our first completed round of IVF. Dr. Brown was kind and compassionate. He conveyed positivity and confidence, which we appreciated as we felt very hopeless when faced with infertility.
Danielle – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
After disappointment from 2 other local clinics, I was about to give up. I went to Brown Fertility and it was a much better experience. Thanks to Dr Brown and his wonderful staff, I now have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Nicole – Oct 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
Brown Fertility was absolutely amazing. The office staff including Dana and Meaghan were so unbelievably helpful in every way possible and the nurses including my nurse Kristina was always available to answer any questions I had in a blink of a second. Dr. Brown was such a great and caring doctor he took time with each of his patients and never rushed. He also always had a sense of humor to make you laugh even in the hard times. He and all of the doctors were just so unbelievably caring for their patients. I did my first round of IVF at Brown Fertility in the months of June/July 2019. I’m 32 and was starting to worry about my fertility since I was unable to get pregnant naturally. Brown Fertility made me feel comfortable and at ease with the decisions ahead. I’m so happy I chose them to pursue my IVF. I’m currently 12 weeks pregnant. I still have a long road to go but I’m excited to be in this place all thanks to Brown Fertility!
Amanda – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
If you want to be a number, and not a patient, this is the practice for you. We first met Dr Brown at an initial consultation for IVF and really liked his enthusiasm and confidence that we would get pregnant. We should have known right then, when he basically promised us the IVF would work in one cycle, that this was too good to be true. Throughout the IVF process, I didn’t seem to be responding well and wasn’t producing many follicles but he ignored my concerns and assured me that the cycle was going great, and we would be getting a baby from this. My husband and I felt like our concerns were ignored and he just kept making promises. Never once did he have a realistic conversation with us about my follicle count and why it might be so low. Turns out I have diminished ovarian reserve, which he failed to mention. The IVF retrieval and transfer was a cattle call. Not personal at all. They mail you a postcard 2 weeks after retrieval to tell you about your embryos. Completely ridiculous!
Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
Dr. Brown is a very patient caring doctor. I am 43 and I got pregnant on my first cycle of IVF. Thank you Dr. Brown and thank you staff at Brown's Fertility in Jacksonville, Florida
Jun 13, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience at Brown...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
I’m 32 year old from Uzbekistan started our IVF journey with Dr Brown in 2013. When we first came to see him, it was unbelievable how intelligent, compassionate and amazing Dr Brown and his staff is. He always takes time to listen and cares about you and your family. At this time we are expecting our third baby and just had our ultrasound with a heart beat. We will be forever grateful for everything they do for patients like us!!!!
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
Overall a great staff! Dr. Brown went through our fertility issues in a logical way to determine the root cause. They were realistic with expectations and were upfront about the odds of success. We are now expecting twins, and couldn't be more grateful for all of their help and expertise! Dr. Brown and everyone on his staff are very warm and caring and made the process as easy as possible. Thank you so much!
Jeff in Jacksonville, FL – Feb 25, 2019
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
I can’t imagine anyone giving Dr Brown anything less than an excellent score and it’s not just because my husband and I had a successful transfer. No it wasnt an amazing experience. Having to go through IVF takes a toll on you emotionally and physically. I had one failed transfer and was devestated. Dr Brown and Christina showed such compassion through it all. The office staff could have been more friendly, but the most important person, Dr Brown, made up for it! Thanks to him, we have our baby.
Amanda Witwer in Jacksonville , FL – Jan 15, 2019
Congratulations on your new addition. We know how...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
There's some good and some bad things about him and his practice. Expect wait times to be 2+ hours before being seen. Another bad experience I had personally was regarding genetic testing. I declined it and at a later appointment they ordered it anyway. Not realizing this, I had to pay about a grand because it was not covered. On the other hand, I got pregnant the first time via IUI (mild PCOS).
  • Appointment was rushed
PCOS – Sep 14, 2018
We are happy to hear that your story is one of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
I can’t even express all our gratitude to Dr Brown and most of the staff of the clinic (Emily is a star as well as embryologist). I don’t even care about the wait time because I understand how Dr Brown to takes his time to spent with each patient like myself! Thanks to them I got pregnant in the first round and my beatiful miracle baby girl just turned 1 year in March
Hope in Palm Coast, FL – Apr 24, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind comments about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
Pleased with my surgery last year. This year very unhappy with his office. Drove 20 minutes to my appt on 1/30/18 and was told they were over an hour behind, so I had to reschedule. Spent five minutes on the phone yesterday to reschedule my appt. This morning they called asking me to reschedule again, pushing it out yet another week. Time is of the essence, and I feel this is clearly someone I cannot depend on, I expressed my frustration to the lady on the phone and she said “OK then.”
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Feb 07, 2018
We are pleased to hear of your successful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
We met Dr. Brown after having two failed IVF cycles at another local facility. Dr. Brown gave options that was different than they approach we took at our first facility. We are currently 28 weeks pregnant with our first baby. I will be 43 when I deliver my son and I cannot thank Dr. Brown enough for all that he and his staff did.
Alex in Jacksonville, Fl – Jan 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?
I met Dr. Brown 2012, he was my 4th fertility doctor. I was very impressed in our first visit. Dr. Brown was very genuine and very kind. I put my faith and trust in him and God and in November 2013 I was finally pregnant with my first baby! My son was born July 2014. I went back to Dr. Brown again wanting to give my son a sibling. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with TWINS!! I am extremely grateful and blessed. I highly recommend Dr. Brown! He is very sincere, kind, and professional.
FJ in Orlando – Dec 31, 2017
We love to hear success stories. We truly are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samuel Brown, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brown?