Dr. Samuel Becker, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Dr. Samuel Becker, MD
Dr. Samuel S. Becker, Director of Rhinology at The Becker Center, is a highly trained, board-certified specialist. Dr. Becker graduated from Amherst College in 1991 where he was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. He completed his pre-medical studies at Harvard University, attended medical school at University of California San Francisco, and performed his residency training at the University of Virginia. Dr. Becker then completed an additional one-year fellowship specializing in sinonasal disorders and sinus surgery. His fellowship was a prestigious sinonasal disorders and sinus surgery fellowship with Dr. James A. Duncavage, a world-renowned surgeon at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Becker maintains an active affiliation with Vanderbilt's internationally recognized Otolaryngology Department, where he is Clinical Instructor. He also holds a faculty appointment in the Department of Otolaryngology at the University of Pennsylvania, where is Clinical Assistant Professor. Dr. Becker's subspecialty is minimally invasive treatment of sinus and nasal problems.

Dr. Becker's Experience

See how Dr. Becker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Becker

Dr. Becker accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Becker is now accepting new patients
Robbinsville / Hamilton Office1 Union St Ste 206
Robbinsville, NJ 08691
(609) 436-5740Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Becker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Becker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Becker to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Becker Says:

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I strive to provide all patients with the highest care and your feedback allows me to ensure continuous improvement and patient satisfaction.

Sincerely,Dr. Samuel S. Becker, MD

Dr. Becker's Performance
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I went to Dr Becker after experiencing three sinus infections in 6 months. Dr Becker examined me, cultured my sinus and sent me for a facial CAT scan. The scan revealed a fractured molar creating a fistula which allowed Strep bacteria to migrate from my mouth to my sinuses. Long story short, Dr Becker recommended surgery for my deviated nasal septum and sinuses. Here we are 2 months post-op and I couldn't be happier. On a scale of 1-10, I give Dr Becker a 10!
Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Sam was/is a godsend for my sinus problems which include growing polyps like a farmer, deviated septum, horrible drainage, etc. He fixed it ALL in my surgery this past Feb. and an AWESOME side effect, which is I no longer have any allergies to speak of after the surgery. Straight shooter, down to earth and he doesn't push surgery, meds, etc. He discusses all options and allows the patient to decide.
in Robinsville |
To avoid waiting time I scheduled my appointment for 8:30 in the morning. Walked in the office as first patient and receptionist informed me the doctor is already in. To my surprise after waiting about 1/2 hour along with another 4 patients doctor walked in from outside. It took another 1/2 before my name was called in. When he finally saw me I felt like I was wasting his time and he hardly answer my questions pertaining to my condition.Very arrogant.Needles to say was first and last visit
in Westampton, NJ |
Dr. Samuel Becker is a Dr.'s teacher. He writes books on different subject matters such as nasal surgery he's the best of the best!! Don't waste time make your next appointment today. He has several offices so find the one nearest to you.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
terrific experience for a nasty procedure. great office staff. full explanations of procedure and risks. answered questions fully.
Morganville, NJ |
I went to see Dr. Becker about 5 years ago...I had suffered from chronic sinus problems since I was a teenager. It took two minor operations, but I am today much improved, and am able to live a normal life. I would definitely recommend Dr. Becker.
Trenton, NJ |
Awesome doctor! Great bedside manner and truly cares for his patients. As my internist (who referred me to him) says, he's the same caliber as someone you would find at UPenn or Hopkins, but he's right in Robbinsville. I've been to many specialists for surgeries and chronic sinus issues, and he's been the best by far!
in Princeton, NJ |
I went into Dr. Becker after chronic nosebleeds to assess my situation. He was very helpful in explaining what was going on and told me I had a deviated septum. He told me different choices I could make to help but I decided to have surgery. It is six weeks past and I've never had a more smooth experience with a doctor. My nose feels great and enjoy going back for visits. (Great, courteous, staff too!) Highly recommend.
in Princeton, NJ |
I went in for chronic sinusitis and after trying steroid nasal sprays, etc.. I had a cat scan which showed I needed surgery. I had a septoplasty as well as turbinate reduction. I'm 6 months out of surgery and my quality of life has improved drastically. I used to get sick every other month and besides one occurrence of congestion (2 days). The healing process was unbelievably painless and comfortable. Dr. Becker is very skilled at what he does as well as an easy person to talk to.
in Trenton, NJ |
Had deviated septum surgery done by another dr. 13 years ago. Was a terrible experience. Met with Dr. Becker because nasal passages were being blocked again. He reccomended surgery but assured me that his method was for more advanced than what I had to deal with before. The surgery went great and recovery was awesome. He has great bedside manner and is very engaging explaining the procedure. He has always been available and can set appoitments up quickly. Great Doctor!
in Skillman, NJ |
I had a few appointments with Dr. Becker along with a septoplasty for my deviated septum. My whole experience throughout this process was 100% positive. The procedure has literally changed my life and my breathing is amazing now. Before the surgery, my breathing was worse than anyone I knew. It's now the opposite! I would always recommend Dr. Becker.
in Trenton, NJ |
I was assured by his staff that he was on my insurance tier. I came in for an appointment and paid my $50 co-pay. A few weeks later, I received a bill for over $350 where I was charged for an Endoscopy, which is a surgical procedure using an endoscope. He did not use an endoscope, he looked up my nose with a small flashlight. This is blantant insurance fraud. He was not in my tier of insurance. He will be reported.
in Mercerville, NJ |
Dr. Becker turned my life into a "breath of fresh air." After decades of non-stop sinus and respiratory issues, I was finally treated by a physician who matched caring and professionalism with incomparable diagnostic and surgical skills. He identified and removed a lifelong deformity that was blocking my left maxillary sinus and repaired a severely deviated septum, and did so with a bedside manner that was friendly, always available and confidence instilling. Thank you, Dr. Becker, for YOU.
in Princeton, NJ |
Doctor Becker diagnosed and treated me for a sleep disorder and sinus problem. He took the time to provide a complete diagnosis and treatment options. He was courteous and took time to answer all of my questions and address my concerns. The results of his treatment were outstanding.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr Becker performed FESS surgery on me in February 2010. I had the whole gambit done; turbinate reduction, deviated septum, polyps, and open up all 4 sinuses. Onto 2016, I moved to Tampa,Fl in '14'. Had a routine Mir of sinuses and a cyst was found and both ENT I went to wanted to do surgery. Called dr Becker and flew upand saw him( i know crazy) but it was a cyst that was harmless. He gave me a nose cleanse and I glad to say everything is clear. Can't say enough about him. One of the best!!!
in Monroe, NJ |
After thoroughly reviewing options for blocked sinuses, Dr. Becker recommended surgery to clear the obstruction and to fix a deviated septum. The surgery went better than expected. I can now breathe a lot easier and needed medicine for allergy relief is now effective. Dr. Becker is patient, knowledgeable and thorough, especially in regards to surgical follow-up. I am completely satisfied with his care.
in Hightstown, NJ |
Had some surgery for a deviated septum with Dr. Becker. Did a great job! Did not overpromise about the results but should have because I'm 100% better than I was before. After surgery noticed I was still swelling a bit and prescribed a spray that has really helped a great deal. Also working with his allergist on staff and she's been great too. Nice guy, very easy to talk to. And I appreciate the early morning appointments so I don't have to take time off from work. I highly recommend his prac
in Hopewell, NJ |
For at least five decades, I had a major cold that led to pneumonia twice and bronchitis several times. I missed many days of work, and in retirement many days of fun. Asthma was finally diagnosed about ten years back, but still got sick about twice a year. Dr. Becker diagnosed the problem immediately. With no guarantees he hypothesized that my asthma meds were not making it into my sinuses due to a deviated septum. He fixed the problem surgically in December, and I have now gone 5 months well!
in Princeton, NJ |
As a former professional boxer, I had struggled to breathe properly for years. Having had multiple surgeries throughout my career to correct a deviated septum, I was hoping to find a doctor that would be able to alleviate some of the discomfort I was experiencing due to what I would consider less than wonderful surgical experiences in the past. My experience with Dr. Becker was amazing! His technique and attention to detail have allowed to me breathe better than I had ever thought possible.
in Princeton, NJ |
I really appreciated that he didn't jump to surgery as the ?first option.? He clearly cares about his patients and does not see them as a money-maker.
in Trenton, NJ |
I have had continuous ear infections for over a year, often these would cause my ear to bleed. I finally decided it was time to find a new dr. My first visit to Dr. Becker was great, he listened to all my past experiences and started treatment. On my 2nd visit, Dr Becker was able to find the root cause of all my infections, a cholesteatoma. Thank you Dr. Becker, you quickly were able to figure out what was wrong and get me the treatment I need to get better.
in Hamilton, NJ |
Dr. Becker is probably one of the best ENT's that I've ever had, and I've seen quite a few. He's accurate with his diagnosis, explains what's going on and what to expect with each procedure and surgery, and has a great bedside manner. My recovery from surgery was unbelievably easy and I am a month post surgery. Both he and his staff are great and take the time to understand their patients and care about them. I would highly recommend him as he's top notch!
in Princeton, NJ |
Horribly rude staff, extremely long wait times. Office is filthy and smells like a gas station rest room.
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Becker, MD?
Are you Dr. Becker?

Compare Dr. Becker

Dr. Becker says...

Dr. Becker says...

Sincerely,Dr. Samuel S. Becker, MD

Dr. Becker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Becker has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Becker's Board Certifications

• Asthma
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Broken Nose
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Bronchitis-Like Cough
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastresophageal Reflux-Related Chronic Cough
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer

University Of Virginia Medical Center, Department Of Surgery

Completed in 2003

University of Virginia, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

Completed in 2007

Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department Of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Division Of Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery

Completed in 2008

Amherst College

Graduated in 1991

Harvard University Extension School

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Becker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Becker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Allergy & Asthma
  • Allergy & Immunology
  • Hearing & Speech Therapy
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Testing
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy