Family Medicine  |
Dr. Sammy Lerma III, MD
Dr. Sammy Lerma III, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Bastrop, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Lerma III is affiliated with Seton Smithville Regional Hospital.

1109 Church St

Bastrop, TX 78602

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Lerma III

Dr. Lerma III's Experience

Dr. Lerma III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

Dr. Lerma III does not have any board certifications listed.

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Lerma III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lerma III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lerma III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lerma III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lerma III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lerma III to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Lerma III's Performance
in Bastrop, TX |
Dr. Lerma seems a little curt at first, but as you get to know him, he is very friendly, professional, and willing to answer all your questions in as much detail as you need. He also gives very god referrals. I have been very pleased with the doctors he sent me to for treatment beyond his practice. Another big plus for me, He is not afraid to say I don't know or I'm not sure and suggest where you may get the answers you need. All in all, I'm very happy with his performance.
Dr. Lerma is great and very helpful
in Bastrop, TX |
I am outraged. I got hurt on the job about 6 weeks ago. Fell out the back of a moving semi-trailer. Hurt my back, shoulder, wrist and hand. Workers-comp referred me to doctor Lerma office, they sent me to physical therapy for a few weeks for my back and it is fine now. But never did treat my wrist or hand, when I brought it up, she said "Oh, let do some x-rays", My middle finger is bent sideways and three of my finders are numb and painful all the time. Went back today, she said, "The x-rays don
Bastrop, TX |
Dr. Lerma spends little time with each patient. In the time he was my PCP he rarely or incompletely did the basic checks (heart, lungs, throat, eyes/ears) most doctors perform every visit. He had little interest in me or my case and mostly referred me to others. I always felt rushed in my appointments. His nurses, especially Martha, were great and caring--and carried the bulk of the load for Medic Aid patients like me. His office staff is constantly changing and always in disarray. Go elsewhere.
in Cedar Creek, TX |
Lots of appointments for nothing. Appointment for referrals that were never obtained, calls to follow up on appointment that were never returned. Billed the insurance, got paid and then did not do what the appointment was for, then complained about the insurance, then never called. Ridiculous.
in Smithville, TX |
Said he could Cure my vertigo, Me, Cure?, Him, Yes, Cure. Do it. Cortizone shot in right hip, three prescriptions for meds, some were steriodes. I gained 30 lbs, still have vetigo only worse, 2 months after, rt hip major pain (scale from 1-10 pain is an 8, non-stop for 4 months now). He refused to admit he used the word Cure, pretty much calling me a lier, and refused to repay me for the office visit & meds. Ordered x-ray, came out normal. Still in level 8 pain with 30lbs.
Have you seen Dr. Sammy Lerma III, MD?
Are you Dr. Lerma III?