Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Samir Undavia, MD
I believe in taking care of all of the aspects of Head and Neck, both functional and plastic / reconstructive. Whether I'm taking care of a small boy with prominent ears, opening someone's sinuses, taking out tonsils in an adult, or performing rhinoplasty, I make sure that all of my patients are completely taken care of.

5 Plainsboro Rd Ste 510

Plainsboro, NJ 08536

• Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Undavia

See how frequently Dr. Undavia performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
Deviated Septum
Enlarged Turbinates

Dr. Undavia's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Undavia "Dr. Undavia is a dual board certified Otolaryngologist and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon. His practice is focused on the medical and surgical treatment of all aspects of the ear Nose and throat including hearing loss, dizziness, nasal and sinus disease, sinus surgery, revision sinus surgery, tonsillectomy, rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty and aging face surgery. He has written in numerous pier reviewed journals, presented his work nationally and has performed thousands of surgeries."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

• Deafness
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Obstruction
  • Sinusitis
  • Skin Aging
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Acne Scar Removal
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Dysport Injection
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Reconstruction
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earlobe Repair
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Liposuction
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Primary Cosmetic Rhinoplasty
  • Septal Perforation Repair
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Grafts
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University Of Rochester
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center At Houston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Undavia has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Undavia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Undavia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Undavia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Undavia to family and friends
Dr. Undavia's Performance
Princeton, Nj |
The staff are always very friendly. Doctor is also very friendly and very good at his job. Always answers my questions and never hesitates. Did a great job and was very helpful when I was having trouble after surgery
Hightstown |
This office has no idea what they're doing when it comes to benefits. Told me I owed a copay then told the surgical center where we were having surgery that I owed nothing. Confirmed with the center that I was to pay nothing several days prior to surgery then was hit with a several thousand dollar bill 7 months later. Totally miscommunicated my benefits which is a terrible reflection on how this office treats its patients and professional responsibilities. Leaving practice immediately
in Hamilton NJ |
Dr Undavia is very professional and amazingly talented. I needed an extensive surgery and he agreed to do it. I can finally breathe after 20 years. Did I mention he takes the time with each patient and will answer all your questions!!! So happy he is my doctor!
in South Brunswick,NJ |
I have had nasal polys surgery done with him for my sinus infections. I Would highly recommend him. Very detail oriented. He put me on ease in all situations during and after the surgery .
Trenton, NJ |
I am not 100% satisfied because he didn't explain anything about medicine he prescribed. June 15th i got call and they gave me July 31st date for nasal polyp surgery. Its too far. I am not happy with the date.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr Undavia was great ! Very informative and takes the time to explain everything . We were so nervous and he really puts your mind at ease, We never waiting for him in his office or for the surgery he is prompt and has a great bedside manner . Thank you Dr Undavia !
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr Undavia carefully assessed my health concerns, explained my options, and answered all my questions regarding the procedure (Turbinectomy) that I finally underwent. The procedure went very smoothly and the recovery was faster than expected. Highly professional and very personable too. I would highly recommend Dr Undavia to any of my friends and family. Breathing effortlessly through my nose for first time in years!
Cranbury, NJ |
I had been having sinus/tonsil problems since childhood, he really took care of me! Amazing bedside manners, really cares for his patients well being. My nose and throat is SO much better now. I finally feel like I can breathe normally. Highly recommend him!!
He answered all my questions and not in a hurry when he sees his patients. He did septoplasty on my nose and came out successful with no complications.
in Easton, PA |
As a middle aged couple, my husband and I, never met a doctor with a better bed side manner. From the moment we met Dr. Undavia, we knew we were in good hands based on his fantastic personality and professionalism. Following every recommendation that he made, gave us the confidence that we were making the right decision. Ultimately, the outcome exceeded any expectations we had. We would highly recommend Dr. Undavia to family, friends and anyone that needs his medical expertise. Thank you Dr. :)
in NJ |
Dr. Undavia is very professional and understood my needs as a patient. I had surgery on my nose and Dr. Undavia preformed the Septoplasty. The surgery was successful and the procedure went smoothly. Not to mention, Dr. Undavia comforted me every step of the way being that this was my first surgery. Overall, I can breathe better through my nose and I am completely satisfied with his work.
in Freehold, NJ |
I was suffering severely from sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, and ear infections. In 2016 I had 13 sinus infections, bronchitis 3 times and pneumonia twice. Until I came under Dr. Undavia's care, I felt like giving up hope of ever feeling healthy again. I was feeling horrible, constantly coughing, and lost many days of work because of my health. He recommended that I have sinus surgery, which I did Jan. 2017 and I have never felt so good. He is smart, amazing and very nice.
Trenton, NJ |
I was very impressed with Dr. Undavia on my first visit. Seemed concerned and knowledgeable. Second visit he told me how to handle my situation. The following day my nose started bleeding profusely. I called the office and they said he was with Patients and would call me at the end of the day. No call back and had to rely on my family Doctor. Very disappointed.
in Manalapan, NJ |
Wonderful doctor, extremely thorough, extremely informative, extremely patient. Can't say enough about him - would recommend him in a heartbeat. His staff is just as nice and accommodating.
in Manalapan, NJ |
Wonderful doctor and staff. Needed plastic surgery on nose following MOHS surgery, end result is outstanding within a relatively short period of time. We need more doctors like Dr. Undavia. Very compassionate and dedicated to his profession! Highly recommend!
in North Brunswick, NJ |
Dr.Undavia did Septoplasty, Turbinate reduction, re-broke and straightened my nose in November 2016. He is a highly professional surgeon and put me at ease throughout the whole process. He took the time to clearly explain the surgery and prepare me for what to expect during the recovery period. Dr. Undavia did an excellent job straightening my nose and opening up the passage ways. Overall, I am extremely happy with the results. I am breathing and sleeping better than I could have ever expected.
in Monmouth Junction, NJ |
Dr Undavia's compassion and relaxed manner put me at ease. Having never had facial surgery before I didn't know what to expect. After consulting with Dr. Undavia he told me what to expect, explained what the procedure would be like and answered all my questions He reassured me that my procedure would be a success. In the days following my procedure I was happy with the result. I would recommend Dr. Undavia, I felt he cared about me and my well being.
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr.Undavia did Septoplasty and Turbinate reduction for me last November. Everything went smoothly without any problem. He is an excellent surgeon. I recovered quickly by following his instructions and I didn't have a sinus infection after the surgery. I can breath normal. I am very glad that my migraines stopped as well. After seeing my results, my husband is also going to do the same surgery, hope it will help him too.
in Hopewell, NJ |
I've had major issues with my ears and nose for many years (30+). I have seen just about every ENT in the area. Finally I was referred to Dr. Undavia and I couldn't be happier. I had the septoplasty, tubinate reduction and a t tube in my left ear. I already feel so much better and it is only my second week. I can't wait to see how I feel after I am completely healed! He is an amazing doctor and I wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Pennington, NJ |
Our family was referred to Dr. Undavia for our daughter with a hole in her nasal septum that had to be surgically repaired. His knowledge about this procedure was evident with his thorough and detailed explanations on what and how he was going to approach our daughter's surgery. We learned that this particular surgery is very rare and not many dr.'s are trained in it's specialty. Dr. Undavia always took the time to answer all our questions. We highly recommend him as he is an amazing surgeon.
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Undavia is a very caring, patient and skill full surgeon. He removed tumor on my shoulder in June 2016. He very meticulous and explained the pros and cons of my surgery. Very thankful to him for removing lipoma on my supra clavicular region with great ease, leaving a very minute scar.
in Hamilton, NJ |
Dr. Undavia is one of the best health care providers I have ever, ever encountered. From my first visit with Dr. Undavia, I knew I could trust him with my nose...I knew that I would be able to breath again, and I can! He is a HIGHLY skilled surgeon who I have recommended to family and friends, and will continue to do so. You are my Super Star (and so are all the team members at Princeton Eye and Ear). I will miss all of you when the time comes for my last appoint...get the tissues ready!
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Undavia is probably the most thorough doctor I've ever seen. He performed a lymph node removal on the right side of my neck after it had been swollen for nearly a year. I was concerned that it could be something awful, but he continuously reassured me that it would be fine- and it was!! His bedside manor is impeccable- he is kind, attentive, understanding. And his surgery skills are equally as impressive- I barely have a scar from the procedure. BEST ENT in Central Jersey for sure.
in East Brunswic, NJ |
I used Dr. Undavia to close for my mohs surgery on my face near my eye. He was very nice, caring and informative during the consult. On the day of the procedure he was very accommodating and his friendly, knowledgable and caring way put me at ease. His staff was friendly and nice also.
I had a huge cyst on my forehead for years. no doctor wanted to touch it. I was referred to Doctor Undavia who immediately put me at ease. He explained what he would do to remove the cyst and how he would put my incision. Happy to say it has been two weeks and no one can see the incision Dr Undavia took his time to stich me up properly. I can honestly say I feel pretty. Thank u so much for your care.
in Hamilton,NJ |
I saw Dr. Undavia for my deviated septum, turbinate reduction. I am now almost a month out of surgery, and what an excellent job ! I am now able to breath normal , I had Zero pain with a very small amount of soreness post surgery. I can now breath normal during Jiu Jitsu , he got me back on the mats fast . I highly recommend him to anyone !
Went to Dr. Undavia for a mole removal excision. I was very anxious and he made me feel so much better- he put on music to calm me down, made conversation, and was so comforting. When I went back today to get my stitches out, I got very faint. He took care of me right away; he had me lay down and got me a lollypop for sugar. Aside from that, he is great at what he does. There is barely any mark and I JUST got the stitches out! I would recommend him to anyone and will go back if I ever need to.
in Kendall Park, NJ |
I would HIGHLY recommend everyone to see Dr. Undavia. He and his staff are extremely friendly, caring, knowledgable, and professional. I am now 3 weeks post-op from surgery for my deviated septum, turbinate reduction, and sinuses and am feeling so much better. After having a deviated septum all of my life I can now finally breathe and it feels AMAZING and will only get better. A HUGE THANKS to Dr. Undavia and staff for everything you have done for me!
in Princeton, NJ |
I saw Dr. Undavia for treatment of my persistent sinus infections as well as difficulty breathing at night during sleep. He advised that my septum was slightly deviated and on one side touching the turbinate, thus effectively closing one nostril. He explained that I could continue to treat my allergies / sinus infections and then explained the pros and cons of surgery, without pushing me either way. I went with the surgery and couldn't be happier; recovery wasn't nearly as bad as I had read.
Somerset, NJ |
I was having a problem with hearing in my left ear. Dr. Undavia did a full review of my symptoms as well as a hearing test. Based on this, he prescribed a medication that cleared up the problem in a bit more than a week! When I returned for a follow up hearing test, my hearing was where it was prior to my problem. Dr. Undavia was considerate, professional and very thorough in his diagnosis and follow up treatment. I am very pleased with the results and would not hesitate to recommend him.
Excellent and friendly doctor. Very good bedside manners. Focused, attentive and caring. Highly recommend.
Dr. Undavia performed an adenoidectomy on my 20 month old son. Extremely reassuring, amazing bedside manner!
in Princeton, NJ |
After having sinus/allergy problems for many years - I went to Dr Undavia for a second opinion. I found him to be very proactive and that we were working together to resolve my issue. We worked through all treatment options before resorting to surgery. He explained everything clearly and was very responsive and understanding. Highly recommend
in Princeton, NJ |
My sinuses were severely blocked They showed almost completely black in the scan), and my septum deviated. Dr. Undavia's assertion that my breathing would improve has come true. Not only that, my sense of smell is so much more acute that it's occasionally overwhelming. In short, the quality of my life has tangibly improved.
Have you seen Dr. Samir Undavia, MD?
Are you Dr. Undavia?