Dr. Samir Hamati, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Hamati

Samir I Hamati MD,FPMRS,FACOG,FACS.

6401 Prairie St Ste 2700 Norton Shores, MI 49444

Dr. Samir Hamati, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Norton Shores, MI and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Universita Degli Studi Di Bologna, Facolta De Medicina E Chirurgia in 1977 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery, gynecology, and more.

Dr. Hamati accepts

Dr. Hamati accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Principal Life
Priority Health
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Hamati's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Laparoscopic Salpingectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Leiomyoma
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
  • Posterior Vaginal Wall Prolapse
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Stage 4 Endometriosis
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vesicovaginal Fistula
  • Yeast Infections

"I would approach our patients like we would care for our family. Quality of care , and best outcome are our top priority. We are setting the standard for Excellence , Expertise , and Best Results "

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hamati

Dr. Hamati?
Dr. Hamati's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Samir Hamati, MD
Doctor Hamati is an excellent doctor. Extremely skilled and Board Certified in his field. He is truly dedicated in helping his patients with female problems and explains everything in detail to his patient. Very gentle nature, thoughtful of patient's feelings, caring and soft spoken. Makes one feel very comfortable. I would recommend him totally. My surgery was a very difficult one which other surgeons in this area would not have attempted. He is the doctor any woman would want.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I am thrilled with the results of my bladder surgery. Dr Hamati was wonderful. He was very informed, took the time to explain everything regarding the procedure. He answered all my questions. He was very kind. I would recommend him very highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I am a retired RN who underwent lysis of adhesions, sacrocolpopexy, and placement of bladder sling. Dr Hamati was the 5th surgeon I interviewed. All of the scar tissue was causing bowel obstructions and we were reluctant to travel internationally. He used da Vinci and despite a 4 hr surgery, I was home the same day. Thank you for changing our lives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Dr. Hamati performed a corrective surgery in 2017 for an earlier prolapse surgery done by another local doctor. He was thorough in his explanations and the surgery went as planned. I waited longer than I should have for the second surgery. I would like to encourage other women to not wait and to seek help when they notice prolapse occurring, as life is much better after repair.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
In 2015 I had a class III pelvic prolapse. I was very uncomfortable. After doing research on line , I found Dr Hamati, scheduled an appointment, and had da Vinci robotic surgery a short time later. I was home from the hospital the same day, and the next day was able to go for a walk without any pain. It has now been three years and I am still doing great. Dr Hamati is very professional and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I am absolutely thrilled with my overall surgical experience. Dr Hamati is an informed and amazing doctor. He offered all options to me, showed me which had the best probable outcome and answered any and all questions I had. He was more than willing to set up a time for my husband when he had questions also. I noticed almost an immediate difference, no pain in the area I had continuously prior to surgery. I highly recommend him! Overall excellent experience!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I have been with dr hamati for a few years now. He is soft spoken and genuinely cares about his patients which is all too rare in this world. I am not one to write reviews good or bad but if ever a Dr deserved one it is Dr hamati for the effort time and care he puts into each patient. I do not believe there is currently a better Dr anywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Surgery went well. Sore for about a week, putting ice bag on tummy helps. This robotic surgery was easier than a masectomy [which I had many years back]. He helped me at age 69 to hopefully prevent further cancer from coming bank [which was a worry for me,as my cancer was estrogen positive] I recomend this surgery for anyone. He explained everything so my husband and I could understand it. I liked the setting at NOCH and staff. they were excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Dr. Hamati is a very soft spoken, respectable, and professional surgeon. His staff maintains the same level of service as Dr. Hamati. Shorter waiting times to get in to the office and scheduled for surgery. I’m very happy with my experience and will certainly recommend him to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Very knowledgeable, very friendly and easy to understand. I recently had the Interstim bladder implant. My incontinence is gone! No more pads, leaking, 3-4 trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night! I recommend this surgery to everyone who has trouble with urinary problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Hamati. My 30 yr old daughter with disabilities had a very large ovarian cyst (7 liters of fluid -over 15 lbs). Dr. Hamati saw us in his office the same day we called and scheduled surgery within a week. Because of his expertise, he was able to remove the cyst robotically, saving her a lot of pain and recovery time. She was up, walking, went home the same day, and needed ibuprofen for pain for only 4 days. He is caring and treated us like family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Dr. Hamati was very professional and kind in making sure my husband and I new all that would be involved with the surgery I would have to have. Gave us options that would best fit us as a couple and me as the patient to prevent having other problem in the future plus looked at my family history to take measures to prevent any more surgery's or illness in the future. I felt very relaxed with him and his staff plus the hospital where he did the surgery. I have already recommended him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Dr. Hamati saw me on very short notice because the Dr. I was sent to wasn't covered by my insurance. His office staff was very comforting and reassuring that I would be taken care of. Dr. Hamati was compassionate, and professional in telling me what the best course of treatment he thought I should have. I was scheduled for surgery within a week of my initial diagnosis. Dr. Hamati and his team treated me like I was part of their family. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hamati for your healthcare.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Hamati. I experienced very little pain after surgery and am thrilled with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I am 74 yrs old & my experience with Dr. S. Hamati was excellent. I felt very at ease talking about my fremale issues & he was so understanding, patient & compassionate from the moment I first met him, I researced several obgyn docs before selecting Dr. Hamati, His reputation is outstanding & my surgery was better than I expected, I want women to know they are in good capable care with this fine doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I went to see Dr. Hamati to discuss my options for abnormally heavy menstrual periods and to discuss my options. He explained everything very well and answered all my questions. He also took the time to ask about other medical problems I have. I had a Hysterectomy at NOCH and it was just as he explained. The short surgery stay and recovery were uneventful. His office staff and the hospital staff were also very informative and caring. I'm very thankful for Dr. Hamati and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Dr. Hamati is very caring and kind. he explains everything to you and makes sure you understand fully what is happening. He did a hysterectomy and bladder repair and everything went great. i would recommend him to everyone!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
Dr.Hamati is an awesome doctor. He really cares about his patients and takes very good care of them. I have severe endometriosis and he has helped me tremendously, whereas other doctors just wrote it off as nothing. Dr. Hamati also preformed my surgery and it couldn't have went better. Very pleased and satisfied with this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
DR.Hamati improved my life and out look by 98% He repaired me and my life. He did excellent repair, I have a better life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samir Hamati, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Hamati for 30 years. When you find a doctor this good, you don't just go to someone else. He has been with me through everything. This last surgery just confirmed my love and trust in this doctor. He did a full hysterectomy on me (the da Vinci). Today we went over the findings and what he did. All I can say is, I'm glad my life was in his hands. I wouldn't of wanted anyone else to do what he had to.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hamati?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hamati treats patients.