Dr. Samer Shihabi, MD

Dr. Samer Shihabi, MD

11 reviews

Hematology & Oncology | Male | 48 years old

Hello, I am a Board Certified Medical Oncologist and Hematologist who has been in practice since 2002. I finished medical school at the University of Damascus and graduated with high honors. Then I completed my Internal Medicine residency at St Luke's Hospital, an affiliate of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. After residency, I practiced Internal Medicine in rural Tennessee to help the undeserved. Throughout training and private practice, I developed a keen interest and passion for Oncology because the field of cancer medicine was rapidly advancing. This led me to the University of Pittsburgh where I completed a Fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology. I am a proud member of several professional societies, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, and the European Society of Medical Oncology. I am married and have two sons. In my free time, I enjoy singing in my church's choir, playing guitar, and golfing.Read more

Mercy Medical Group

A diagnosis of cancer can be one of the scariest events in your life. I want you to know that you are in good hands, and I will do whatever I can to take care of your cancer treatment. Your input is very crucial and I will work with you and your family on the best course of treatment. I am passionate about improving and advancing the field of oncology through research, and I encourage my patients to seek treatment in clinical trials when appropriate. I work with a talented team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and surgical specialists who meet weekly for a multidisciplinary review of cancer patients to ensure all options are being considered.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Shihabi's Experience

See how Dr. Shihabi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shihabi

Dr. Shihabi accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Shihabi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shihabi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shihabi to family and friends
Dr. Shihabi's Performance
in Sacramento, CA |
Dr. Shihabi is the most competent oncologist I know. He gives me all the time I need to ask all the many questions I have at each appointment. His warm smile puts me at ease as his knowledge and experience comforts me. My family comes with me and he never makes anyone feel out of place. Dr. Shihabi let's me decide when I am finished with my questions...I am never rushed and this is everything to me! I will recommend him to anyone dealing with cancer... I am in the best hands and I trust him!
in Woodland, CA |
Dr. Shihabi has always been straightforward with myself and my mom. He is very tactful and sensitive when providing bad news to his patients. We feel that he saved my life and will always be indebted to him and staff at Mercy and Sutter where I saw him previously. Over the years, Dr. Shihabi and I developed a wonderful friendship and he is more like a close friend to me, rather than a medical provider.
in Rocklin, Ca. |
I think the world of Dr. Shihabi.
Have you seen Dr. Samer Shihabi, MD?
Are you Dr. Shihabi?

Dr. Shihabi says...

Hello, I am a Board Certified Medical Oncologist and Hematologist who has been in practice since 2002. I finished medical school at the University of Damascus and graduated with high honors.  Then I completed my Internal Medicine residency at St Luke's Hospital, an affiliate of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. After residency, I practiced Internal Medicine in rural Tennessee to help the undeserved. Throughout training and private practice, I developed a keen interest and passion for Oncology because the field of cancer medicine was rapidly advancing.  This led me to the University of Pittsburgh where I completed a Fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology.

Dr. Shihabi's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shihabi says...

Bone Marrow Biopsy

Dr. Shihabi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology & Oncology
  •  Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology

Dr. Shihabi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shihabi's Board Certifications

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bile Duct Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Bronchioalveolar Carcinoma
  • Bronchogenic Carcinoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hemophilia
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Leukocytosis
  • Liver Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Thalassemia
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

Completed in 1996

University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus

Completed in 2002

• Arabic

Dr. Shihabi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shihabi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology & Oncology