Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD

Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 45

Telehealth services available

Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Riverside, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Riverside Community Hospital and Cedars - Sinai Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ghostine to book an appointment.

UCR Health

New Patient?
Ucr Health4510 Brockton Ave Ste 365 Riverside, CA 92501

Dr. Ghostine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ghostine

Dr. Ghostine?
I had an amazing experience shadowing Dr. Ghostine and his PA this summer. They really showed me the importance of teamwork and collaboration to provide great care to their patients. Not only is Dr. Ghostine an amazing surgeon, but he’s also a compassionate and caring physician, mentor, and teacher. He really takes the time to answer his patients’ needs and questions in a clear and succinct manner. Many of his patients admire him (and often refer him to their friends) because he was able to help them regain the lifestyle they once enjoyed. I’m very fortunate to witness and learn from a great teacher and provider like Dr. Ghostine. He showed me that healthcare is beyond the physical healing, but also encompasses mental, emotional, and spiritual healing. I will take the lessons I have learned from him to help me become a great provider someday.
Frances R – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I had back surgery with Dr. Ghostine on July 13th, 2020. At 78 I hesitated about back surgery. Today I'm on my way to a full recovery. I just wanted to be able to walk my puppy again. I'm well on my way. Thank you Dr. Ghostine for getting me back on my feet.
Diane Iwamoto – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ghostine from my pain management doctor, regarding spinal stenosis in my lower back that was causing pain and numbness in my lower right leg. From the moment I met with Dr. Ghostine, I was convinced that he was the right specialist to treat my condition. He is very open, sincere and confident in his ability to diagnose and provide a recommended surgical plan. He made me feel at ease throughout my visits, including my meeting with him in pre-op, just prior to surgery. The surgery went just as Dr. Ghostine explained. No surprises following my surgery and I am very impressed how quickly I am recovering due to his minimally invasive techniques. He and his staff were an absolute pleasure to deal with. I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone with spinal issues reach out to Dr. Ghostine. He is an amazing person and an equally amazing surgeon!
Mike S. from Chino, CA – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is probably the best neurosurgeon I have ever had Care for me or have known. Being a healthcare executive and having seen and monitored the outcomes of many physicians I have had the privilege of having Dr. Ghosting be my neurosurgeon for a very sever back issue. He is very caring, educates his patients and follows up with a very personal care plan. I have had a significant back issue for years and should have had surgery a long time ago. SInce Dr. Ghostine performed my surgery I no longer have any back issues. I feel like I did prior to any back issues. I would highly recommend him
Dan Bowers – Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Not only is Dr. Ghostine a humble and caring human being, he excells at what really matters, helping his patients. My back and legs were absolutely riddled with pain. After physical therapy and pain management, both recommended by Dr. Ghostine to avoid surgery, we finally made the decision to operate. I'm thrilled with the results! Dr. Ghostine performed complex surgery, relieving my pain immensely, and I'm recovering quickly. His staff is amazing as well. Thank you to you all!
James Griffin – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is an excellent surgeon. I had injured my back lifting automobile wheels resulting in severe herniated discs at multiple levels in my back and considerable pain. I was having difficulty standing up straight after sitting for only a short time, plus there was scar tissue from a previous surgery. Dr. Ghostine operated at seven levels of my spine. It has only been two weeks since my surgery and already I can now get up easily with no pain. I hope to never again need surgery like this again, but if I do I definitely want Dr. Ghostine to perform it. He did an excellent job on my back.
Larry P. – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine and his staff are amazing! Prior to my back surgery I was in pain everyday and I was unable to sleep, but Dr. Ghostine gave me my life back. I cannot thank him and his staff enough!
Marcelina – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is a God send! He saved my mothers life. She previously have 2 major neck surgeries done by another doctor within a week of each other! Those surgeries left her paralyzed in her arms! She was unable to move her arms until 6-7 months after the surgery. She was her worse off than before. She had pain she had never had and she could barely walk because she could keep her balance. As well as a whole list of new problems . Thank God for Dr. Ghostine!!!! He gave my mother her life back. He treated my mother with such care. He listened to her fears and concerns. He gave her hope, while remaining completely honest. He checked on her several times after the surgery. Her recovery was leaps and bounds different from the previous two. She can move her arms and walk! He gave her a new start. We will forever be grateful for Dr. Ghostine and his staff.
Gianna Greer – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr Ghostine is a rock star in my book. I’ve been suffering for over 7 years from a car accident that left me with long term C-Spine injuries. I had neck surgery immediately after the accident which took me about 2 years to recover from. Dr. Ghostine performed a similar surgery to the next level Of my spine which was bulging and I’m back on my feet in 4 weeks, still healing but it’s a night and day difference in the two experiences. I hope this helps the next person looking for relief. Thank you so much Dr.G
Ron – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is an outstanding doctor. No other doctor Ive been to can compare. I highly recommend him if you have back pain.
Sathit – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is excellent. He takes his time to explain what’s going on and what the options are to treat it. He is very helpful guiding us through the process.
MM – Aug 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is a wonderful doctor. I was instantly at ease when I met him and the surgery was performed. I would rate him a 5 (highest I can go. Anyone needing any back or neck surgery, you most schedule with Dr. Ghostine for an amazing outcome. He is amazing.
Donna Cantrell – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostien has performed back surgery on me in 2017, I highly recommend him to anyone that needs to have surgery, Dr. Ghostien is ver caring,took his time with me at my appointments, never once did I feel rushed or that he didn't care, then Aug. 8th and 9th, 2019, I had to have a 2 day surgery, I had Spinal stenosis, he did an amazing job and I am healing well, I will not let anyone else do surgery on me, Dr. Ghostien is the best Neurosurgeon out there in my opinion, he takes his time to answer all your questions and explains everything on a understanding level, he really lets you know he cares about you.
Jeanne – Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
After years of chronic pain brought on by a chiropractic over-adjustment (that sent me to the hospital for a week), and a very scary MRI, I was referred to Dr. Ghostine. Pain management wasn't helping enough and I was down to my last ray of hope. His staff was caring and courteous and tried to make me as comfortable as possible. Dr. Ghostine was kind professional and I trusted his opinion. I had a complex cervical surgery 7 weeks ago. I expected the worse but was pleasantly surprised at how my recovery has been. Besides the usual post surgery discomforts, my pain and headaches are gone. I can feel my fingers without the tingling sensations, and it helped with some of my lower back pain as well. I have always had lumbar problems and that surgery will be next without hesitation. At 60 years old, this has been such a gift and I am only sorry I didn't go to see him earlier!
P. Robinson – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Hi, I'll 75 in Sept. and have been in pain for ten years. I've had two back surgeries before I found Dr. Ghostine. He has made all the pain go away and I'm recovering so fast. He is a very caring doctor and feels your pain. I'd have this surgery again in a heart beat. If you are in back pain please go see Dr. Ghostine and talk with him, I feel it would be the best thing you could do. Doing nothing is not a good thing. If you would like to talk with me you can email me at dne60@verizon.net and on subject line put back surgery. Thanks for reading this and good luck for what ever you choose. Evelyn
Evelyn in Apple Valley, CA – Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr Ghostine saved my life, literally. He is a very very skilled surgeon,and a wonderful human being. His office staff are also great. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff.
Dedra in Riverside, CA – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I’m 72 years old. I needed my C5-6 and C6-7 fused. After interviewing half dozen “Neuro surgeons “ I choose Dr Ghostine. He was the only surgeon that took the time to explain why I needed the surgery and what could happen if I decided not to. I am now 14 week post-op and have not felt his good in 20 years. I’m back swimming and surfing. Post-op was a walk in the park. GRATEFUL !!!!
Stephen Silva in Riverside , CA – May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I had surgery on 1/24/19 and 1/25/19 on my back. Dr. Ghostine did an exceptional job. I highly recommend anyone to him for back surgery. Dr. Ghostine made me very comfortable and was very sincere. He provided excellent follow-up with making sure I was okay. He is one doctor that you can trust and believe in.
Ada Tiggs in Moreno Valley, CA – Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I was referred to Dr Ghostine after slipping and falling aggravating an old back injury. With my first meeting I found Dr Ghostine to be very personable and instantly likeable. He reviewed my x rays and MRI and explained in terms I would understand my injury and what needed to be done to repair the damage. I am two weeks from having the required surgery and feeling great. He has been very supportive throughout the process and I would recommend him to anyone needing spinal repair.
Robert Sweet in Calimesa, CA – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr Ghoestine is amazing. I had both neck and spine surgery this November 2018 and it was such a success that he gave me back my life. I no longer have the terrible complications and all the bad symptoms that I had before the surgery; They are all now gone. I trusted him with my life and he gave back my life. Him and his staff are amazing, nice and caring. Everyone has a excellent and amazing bedside manner.
Edie Corbett in Adelanto , CA – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ghostine?

Dr. Ghostine accepts

Dr. Ghostine accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA PPO
Health Net PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Medicaid
Molina Healthcare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Ghostine's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Scapuloperoneal
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type I
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type II
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type III
  • Spinal Tuberculosis
Hide other areas of care
Spinal Stenosis

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Extradural Hemorrhage
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

I believe the biggest blessing God bestows on us is good health. Good health allows us to appreciate and enjoy life, be kind and generous to others, and maximize our potential. Once health is compromised, much of one?s energy is diverted away and we ...Read more

• Neurosurgery