Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD

Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 46

Telehealth services available

Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Riverside, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Riverside Community Hospital and Cedars - Sinai Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ghostine to book an appointment.

UCR Health

Ucr Health4510 Brockton Ave Ste 365 Riverside, CA 92501

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Ghostine is affiliated with Riverside Community Hospital Riverside, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Ghostine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ghostine

0.819672131147541%

Dr. Ghostine

Dr. Ghostine performed very complicated back surgery on me. Throughout the process he was very professional and helpful. I would highly recommend him.
Nov 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I had surgery for a herniated disc and stenosis performed by Dr. Ghostine. Six months after surgery I am pain free and all of the weakness/numbness I was experiencing is gone. I cannot say enough about Dr. Ghostine as a surgeon and most of all as a patient advocate. I highly recommend him.
Nov 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I have dealt with chronic back pain since my early 20’s. Dr Ghostine listened to my concerns and came up with the best plan for treatment which included fusion. I can say for the first time I am not relying on pain medication because if my back. Dr. Ghostine is in of the most caring doctors I have met. Best bedside manner and a fantastic office staff. I highly recommend Dr. Ghostine.
Paul H – Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine and his staff were awesome. I cannot speak highly enough about how he took the time to explain my situation and what his plan was. His office staff and P.A. went above and beyond in meeting my needs.
JGoar – Oct 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
On May 7, 2021 my search for relief from back pain came to an end. My wife did extensive research before deciding on Dr Samer Ghostine. He preformed a bilateral L4-L5 laminectomy, and a bilateral microdiscectomy. I am 64 years old. My back issues were a result of many years of physical labor, improper lifting, and weight bearing sports. I had constant pain in the back both legs, from my butt to my knees. MRI's showed scoliosis, herniated disc, and spinal stenosis. After PT, some pain management, and steroid shots, it was apparent surgery was the only solution. Dr Ghostine was caring, compassionate, and a great listener. He took a conservative approach, which we both agreed would be best to maintain my active lifestyle. No fusion, or hardware. I am almost 4 months post surgery. I am pain free. The surgery could not have been more successful. Do your research, but be sure to include Dr Samer Ghostine. Meeting Dr Ghosting was a life changer.
Edouard Chevassus – Sep 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I really like Dr. Ghostine and Dr. Freeman but the office staff? I can't get them to DO anything! Dr. Ghostine suggested physical therapy. Dr. Freeman had suggested an epidural for my pain and I agreed but the office won't submit for it. So I'm left in pain waiting. Sadly, I have to start looking for someone new.
Kevin Pehl – Jun 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
The staff was extremely kind and accommodating to my situation, assisting me through the office and to the exam room. Dr. Ghostine was sympathetic and honest with me about my situation, recommending a microdiscectomy. I have always been against back surgery, but he made me feel very comfortable. He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. I knew I was in good hands. On the day of my surgery, the pre and post op nurses were like an extension of the office staff, so awesome and caring. Dr. Ghostine and his P.A. Genevieve were there every step of the way after the surgery, checking in on me throughout the recovery. I would recommend Dr. Ghostine and his staff over and over again. Also, a huge plus, everyone at the office has a great sense of humor and are extremely personable. I couldn't have asked for a better life experience.
Antonia Huerta – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Very through with patients. Takes his time to listen to what is being said and asks informative questions.
Noel Taylor – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Outstanding. I would like to give Dr. Ghostine more than 5 stars. He is amazing. He is not only extremely talented, he is a very kind, compassionate person. I was very concerned about my cervical spine surgery. He explained the need for the surgery, the process, and the expected outcome, not only to my husband and I, but also to our adult children. My surgery was during the COVID quarantine, and no visitors were allowed. When I woke in my room, Dr. Ghostine was there! He came everyday to check on me, even on his days off during the weekend! Everything was as he explained, but I am happy to report my results are even better than I had hoped. Dr. Ghostine is a blessing, and I am so thankful for him and his team.
Phyllis Morey – Jan 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I am 75 years of age and I was experiencing back pain that was progressive. I went to Dr. Ghostine because he had performed surgery on my husband. I liked his professionalism and talk of faith. Dr. Ghostine looked at the MRI and said I can fix that with God's help. This was February and the Pandemic was just surfacing. I didn't want to be in the hospital during this time on a ventilator, but I could not walk. I retired from my position as Clinical Coordinator because the pain down my right leg was intensifying. I was labled vulnerable because of my age and comorbitities such as cardiomegally and hypertension. I had a choice: get the surgery or take Norco for the rest of my life. I was humped over and had only been married for 1 year. I could not do that to myself or to my husband. I had the surgery on August 24, 2020. Today, 10/20, I am back to work as a Home Health RN, I do not take Norco, and I am no longer humped over. Thank God for Dr. Samer Ghostine and Genevieve Long, PA-C.
Raymond E Albert – Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghonstine is truly a Miracle worker. I was referred to him by my pain management Doctor as the best and he did not disappoint. From the first visit he was compassionate to how much pain I was in and sincerely felt it was his job to solve the problem. He was very thorough and confident that spine surgery was the best option and after the surgery I am more than happy and impressed with the results! He weighed the pros and cons but I never doubted his decision. After surgery he went above and beyond to help me get the aftercare I needed. His staff is the most friendly of all clinics I had been to and by far the most helpful. I also had VERY LITTLE wait time during office visits! If anyone has the opportunity to be helped by this Dr. Ghostine I would absolutely say take it!
K Goldsworthy – Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine will never sell you. He was honest from the beginning about the realities of what could be done and what couldn't be; he explained in detail how outcomes could be both good and bad. Every post-op visit I've had has been routine yet somehow Dr. Ghostine has found a way to sneak in and greet me and inquire about how I'm doing. On the day of my surgery I had 2 medical students ask to sit in on the surgery. I consented but Dr. Ghostine turned them down for my own safety. Turned out one of the students was a future classmate of mine and both are colleagues. Dr. Ghostine knew FAR better than I did. At every opportunity he has acted in my best interest. I am tearing up as I write this because this man deserves so much praise. He has changed my life for the best. I often think about how I will be as a doctor and I often think of Dr. Ghostine. He is a doctor worthy of emulation, praise, respect, awe. Most importantly he is a great and kind man, and a truly worthy doctor!
Michael Ross – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I had an amazing experience shadowing Dr. Ghostine and his PA this summer. They really showed me the importance of teamwork and collaboration to provide great care to their patients. Not only is Dr. Ghostine an amazing surgeon, but he’s also a compassionate and caring physician, mentor, and teacher. He really takes the time to answer his patients’ needs and questions in a clear and succinct manner. Many of his patients admire him (and often refer him to their friends) because he was able to help them regain the lifestyle they once enjoyed. I’m very fortunate to witness and learn from a great teacher and provider like Dr. Ghostine. He showed me that healthcare is beyond the physical healing, but also encompasses mental, emotional, and spiritual healing. I will take the lessons I have learned from him to help me become a great provider someday.
Frances R – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I had back surgery with Dr. Ghostine on July 13th, 2020. At 78 I hesitated about back surgery. Today I'm on my way to a full recovery. I just wanted to be able to walk my puppy again. I'm well on my way. Thank you Dr. Ghostine for getting me back on my feet.
Diane Iwamoto – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ghostine from my pain management doctor, regarding spinal stenosis in my lower back that was causing pain and numbness in my lower right leg. From the moment I met with Dr. Ghostine, I was convinced that he was the right specialist to treat my condition. He is very open, sincere and confident in his ability to diagnose and provide a recommended surgical plan. He made me feel at ease throughout my visits, including my meeting with him in pre-op, just prior to surgery. The surgery went just as Dr. Ghostine explained. No surprises following my surgery and I am very impressed how quickly I am recovering due to his minimally invasive techniques. He and his staff were an absolute pleasure to deal with. I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone with spinal issues reach out to Dr. Ghostine. He is an amazing person and an equally amazing surgeon!
Mike S. from Chino, CA – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is probably the best neurosurgeon I have ever had Care for me or have known. Being a healthcare executive and having seen and monitored the outcomes of many physicians I have had the privilege of having Dr. Ghosting be my neurosurgeon for a very sever back issue. He is very caring, educates his patients and follows up with a very personal care plan. I have had a significant back issue for years and should have had surgery a long time ago. SInce Dr. Ghostine performed my surgery I no longer have any back issues. I feel like I did prior to any back issues. I would highly recommend him
Dan Bowers – Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Not only is Dr. Ghostine a humble and caring human being, he excells at what really matters, helping his patients. My back and legs were absolutely riddled with pain. After physical therapy and pain management, both recommended by Dr. Ghostine to avoid surgery, we finally made the decision to operate. I'm thrilled with the results! Dr. Ghostine performed complex surgery, relieving my pain immensely, and I'm recovering quickly. His staff is amazing as well. Thank you to you all!
James Griffin – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is an excellent surgeon. I had injured my back lifting automobile wheels resulting in severe herniated discs at multiple levels in my back and considerable pain. I was having difficulty standing up straight after sitting for only a short time, plus there was scar tissue from a previous surgery. Dr. Ghostine operated at seven levels of my spine. It has only been two weeks since my surgery and already I can now get up easily with no pain. I hope to never again need surgery like this again, but if I do I definitely want Dr. Ghostine to perform it. He did an excellent job on my back.
Larry P. – Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine and his staff are amazing! Prior to my back surgery I was in pain everyday and I was unable to sleep, but Dr. Ghostine gave me my life back. I cannot thank him and his staff enough!
Marcelina – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?
Dr. Ghostine is a God send! He saved my mothers life. She previously have 2 major neck surgeries done by another doctor within a week of each other! Those surgeries left her paralyzed in her arms! She was unable to move her arms until 6-7 months after the surgery. She was her worse off than before. She had pain she had never had and she could barely walk because she could keep her balance. As well as a whole list of new problems . Thank God for Dr. Ghostine!!!! He gave my mother her life back. He treated my mother with such care. He listened to her fears and concerns. He gave her hope, while remaining completely honest. He checked on her several times after the surgery. Her recovery was leaps and bounds different from the previous two. She can move her arms and walk! He gave her a new start. We will forever be grateful for Dr. Ghostine and his staff.
Gianna Greer – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Ghostine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ghostine?

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Ghostine's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ghostine's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Ghostine treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 86% of his peers

Dr. Ghostine treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

• Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care
Cervical Spine Myelopathy

• Lumbar Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Ghostine's conditions and procedures:

• Adult Brain Tumor
  • Aneurysm
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Brain Surgery
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Ghostine accepts

Dr. Ghostine accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA PPO
Blue & Gold HMO
Health Net PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Medicaid

Dr. Ghostine provides healthcare excellence, innovation and sub-specialty care not previously available in the communities of Inland Southern California.

Dr. Samer Ghostine is board certified in neurological surgery. He earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington,...Read more

• Neurosurgery