Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD

Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Richardson, TX and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from U Ein Shams, Cairo in 1988 and specializes in medical oncology and hematology.Read his story

2805 E President George Bush Hwy

Richardson, TX 75082

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Bibawi

See how frequently Dr. Bibawi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lung Cancer
Secondary Malignancies
Anemia

Dr. Bibawi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bibawi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bibawi "After graduating from medical school in Cairo, Egypt, I did a rotating internship at the British curriculum based university hospital. It was then that I realized Oncology is what I love to do the most so I did a three year residency in oncology before moving to the USA in 1993 to expand my knowledge and better my skills. After completing an internship and residency at the University of Virginia, a three year fellowship at the University of Vermont followed. UVM was one of only 26 Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country at the time, and thankfully for all of us, that number has increased since then. I was subsequently recruited for my first job at MD Anderson Cancer Center where I served on faculty for two years. After honing my skills, and realizing less research and more direct patient care is what I loved to do, I worked in North Carolina as a private practice hematologist and oncologist for seven years before moving with my family (wife and two sons) back to Texas, where I have been with the Methodist Richardson Cancer since 2007. With my wife being a native Dallasite, this has become our permanent home. My primary areas of expertise are listed above. As the only fellowship trained and board certified hematologist in Richardson, I enjoy caring for people with all blood disorders, benign or malignant, simple or highly complicated. After choosing oncology as my career, fate had it that both my parents develop cancer as well as my sister, a true angel with Down's syndrome. Such experiences have further humbled me and solidified my deep desire to help anyone afflicted by a serious illness and to be there for them all the time. "

This content was provided by Dr. Bibawi "You are not alone and my staff and I never tire of answering questions or solving your medical issues or problems. I treat all my patients like I would treat my family and like I would like to be treated. "

• Medical Oncology

• Cairo U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • U Va
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Bibawi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bibawi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bibawi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bibawi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bibawi to family and friends

Dr. Bibawi's Performance

We drive all the way from Frisco because of Dr B and his team. Can't get better than that.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was diagnose with cancer in April 2017. And Dr. Bibawi is my doctor and he make me feel at ease when I go see him. When he walk in the room with that big smile on his face. The smiles and the hugs are very special too me I would recommend he to anyone.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Bibawi is a wonderful person he helped me through my first procedure was going well started my every 4 month scan and unfortunately some markers were high so I will be going through it again but I trust him with my whole heart.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Having a great doctor to treat your medical needs is very important. However, I need more. Dr. Bibawi does just that, he offers more. Dr. Bibawi makes you feel at ease with his warm, genuine smile. It's clear he genuinely cares. He wears that smile EVERY time he enters a room. He has a very kind,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Bibawi's bedside manner is amazing. I saw him last week, scared out of my wits that I had cancer because my primary care physician referred me to him without any indication why. Dr. Bibawi was great in calming me down, explaining why I was referred, and assuring me he would keep me informed...more
Are you Dr. Bibawi?