Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD

Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Richardson, TX and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from U Ein Shams, Cairo in 1988 and specializes in medical oncology and hematology.Read his story

2805 E President George Bush Hwy

Richardson, TX 75082

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Bibawi

See how frequently Dr. Bibawi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lung Cancer
Secondary Malignancies
Anemia

Dr. Bibawi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bibawi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bibawi "After graduating from medical school in Cairo, Egypt, I did a rotating internship at the British curriculum based university hospital. It was then that I realized Oncology is what I love to do the most so I did a three year residency in oncology before moving to the USA in 1993 to expand my knowledge and better my skills. After completing an internship and residency at the University of Virginia, a three year fellowship at the University of Vermont followed. UVM was one of only 26 Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country at the time, and thankfully for all of us, that number has increased since then. I was subsequently recruited for my first job at MD Anderson Cancer Center where I served on faculty for two years. After honing my skills, and realizing less research and more direct patient care is what I loved to do, I worked in North Carolina as a private practice hematologist and oncologist for seven years before moving with my family (wife and two sons) back to Texas, where I have been with the Methodist Richardson Cancer since 2007. With my wife being a native Dallasite, this has become our permanent home. My primary areas of expertise are listed above. As the only fellowship trained and board certified hematologist in Richardson, I enjoy caring for people with all blood disorders, benign or malignant, simple or highly complicated. After choosing oncology as my career, fate had it that both my parents develop cancer as well as my sister, a true angel with Down's syndrome. Such experiences have further humbled me and solidified my deep desire to help anyone afflicted by a serious illness and to be there for them all the time. "

This content was provided by Dr. Bibawi "You are not alone and my staff and I never tire of answering questions or solving your medical issues or problems. I treat all my patients like I would treat my family and like I would like to be treated. "

• Medical Oncology

• Cairo U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • U Va
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Bibawi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bibawi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bibawi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bibawi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bibawi

Dr. Bibawi?
Dr. Bibawi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Bibawi is knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate. He is the consummate professional, and I would highly recommend him to both family and friends.
Tommie C. Polk in Plano, TX – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD?
I have seen Dr. Bibawi for 5 years getting over breast cancer. I wish I could see him "only" as my primary doctor. He is very professional but I always felt he "saw me and he cared about me". If I graded him, he's a 10. A++++++++++++
Carol Hudgens in Wylie, TX – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD?
Knowledgeable, very caring, always positive.
Kaye G in TX – Aug 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD?
We drive all the way from Frisco because of Dr B and his team. Can't get better than that.
Hugh in Frisco, TX – Feb 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samer Bibawi, MD?
I was diagnose with cancer in April 2017. And Dr. Bibawi is my doctor and he make me feel at ease when I go see him. When he walk in the room with that big smile on his face. The smiles and the hugs are very special too me I would recommend he to anyone.
Debra in Garland Tx – Feb 09, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bibawi?