Dr. Sameh Labib, MD

Dr. Sameh Labib, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Emory Sports Medicine Center 59 Executive Park South NE # 1000 Atlanta, GA 30329 Get Directions

As a Fellowship trained Sports Medicine Knee - Ankle and Foot Surgeon, I strive to provide my patients with the best care for their sports related injuries. As an Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Emory University, I enjoy teaching and cutting edge research.

Dr. Sameh Labib, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Labib is affiliated with Emory University Hospital Midtown and Emory University Hospital.

Dr. Labib's Experience

See how Dr. Labib's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Labib

Dr. Labib accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Labib has admitting privileges.

Dr. Labib's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Labib to family and friends
Dr. Labib's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Labib surgically repaired right my foot that I had fractured a year earlier, and he replaced a joint in the big toe where cartilage was simply worn out by age and use. I appreciated that Dr. Labib was conservative in recommending surgery and tried less invasive treatments first. He provided an excellent description of possible and probable outcomes. He is the orthopedic surgeon to see first.
Dr. Labib is very current yet experienced in his practice area. I felt confident in his advice and, as an older but very active patient, appreciate him taking my concerns about returning to an active lifestyle seriously.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Labib is an excellent Orthopedic surgeon! He and his team took excellent care of my ankle and together we decided on a plan of action. All my questions were answered before and after surgery. When I had a question post care from my home his staff got back to me within the next few hours with an answer..
in Marietta, GA |
Already recommended to a friend.
Dr. Labib and the Emory staff came highly recommended as a second opinion for my ankle surgery. I chose Dr. Labib for my surgery because of his experience, knowledge, reputation, as well as for the Emory staff and resources available to him. The surgery was a success. Dr. Labib and the Emory staff took good care of me. I highly recommend this team.
in Decatur, GA |
After seeing multiple doctors over a six-month period, Dr. Labib diagnosed me within the first 10 minutes of meeting me and gave me multiple options for paths to recovery. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a medical opinion regarding ankles!
in Kennesaw, GA |
Dr. Labib is at the top of his field in Atlanta, and his staff is exemplary. I am in the process of recovering from injuries to both feet....broken ankle, torn ligaments, and nerve damage. Dr. Labib performed surgery for a severe Morton's Neuroma in Feb and did a wonderful job. I am healing well and the debilitating pain is gone. Every person I have met at Emory Sports Medicine has been very caring and absolutely wonderful.
in Sebring, FL |
Dr. Labib is a hero in his profession and in my two experiences. He's repaired different issues in both feet. He is kind, he listens, and he explains thoughtfully and thoroughly. I'm particularly impressed that he is clearly focused upon hearing my concerns. He speaks with his interns as if we are a team. I drive eight hours to see him because I have complete confidence in his giftedness.
Atlanta, GA |
I highly recommend Dr. Labib. I have seen him two separate times for the same issue on each legs. He is a great surgeon and I have had wonderful results. He speaks in medical terms and is then able to explain everything in lay person terms. He is a very kind man and sets your mind at ease. He's very straight-forward and gives you all of the facts and statistics. I felt very confident being in his care. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.
in Atlanta, GA |
I had two foot surgeries with Dr Labib in 2016 for moderate bunions. I had contemplated this surgery for 10 years, so I was very careful with who I chose as my surgeon. I was referred to Dr Labib through the Executive Program at Emory. Dr Labib was very informative about each surgery; what to expect and how long the recovery process would be. He and his administrative staff were always very courteous and professional. I am now pain free and walking comfortably in shoes again...Thank you!
in Decatur, GA |
I was able to schedule my surgery within two weeks of my consultation and everything was a breeze. Going into my surgery, I had no trouble getting in and out. very quick process! Excellent bedside manner. Dr. Labib was very clear of his expectations and very thoroughly informed me of the process. His team was very personable and made sure that I was always comfortable. After the procedure, Dr. Labib and his team stayed in touch with me on a regular basis. I would highly recommend!
Great Dr who answered questions And was thorough with what all was going to happen pre and post surgery
Decatur, GA |
Very happy with outcome of surgery.
Decatur, GA |
Dr. Labib is exceptionally skilled and experienced. Answers questions thoroughly and provides lots of information. He's also very pleasant and easy to talk to.
in Roswell, GA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Labib. I'm convinced that his skills are among the best in the world. After my ladder fall from 26ft, I shattered my calcaneus (heel bone) Another surgeon with 30 years experience, told me that I had to have my calcaneus fused to my tibia. Dr. Labib confidently told me he could rebuild my heel without fusing it. I knew I was in good hands. I thank God I went with Labib. After 1 year, I have close to 100% normal function in my foot with little to no pain.
in Jasper, GA |
Dr. Labib is the best. My experience with my ankle surgery was truly a non painful experience. Dr. Labib is professional, and it was a pleasure having him as my surgeon. I would recommend him as he is well educated and his mannerism is so professional. He makes you feel comfortable never anxious. Dr. R. Flint in Jasper, Ga. recommended him as the best to take care of my situation and that he did. Great surgeon.
in Atlanta, GA |
There are not enough kind words to describe Dr. Labib. I appreciate all that he has done for me/my ankle and have recommended him to everyone I know.
Dr. Labib is very straight to the point. If you have any questions, he'll be glad to answer them. Overall a pretty good doctor.
in Flowery Branch, GA |
I am looking for a doctor who performs a Morton's Neuroma surgery in office as opposed to in a hospital. It is a $100 copay if it is done in office or a $2250 copay if it is in the hospital. I called Dr Labib's office and couldn't get an answer. They could clearly find out if he does those surgeries in house or in a hospital. She probably even new the answer, but wouldn't tell me. She kept insisting that I had to come in and see him at $100 copay. Since I didn't get an answer, I won't use Labib
in Mableton, GA |
I suffered with a Morton's neuroma for many years. A running buddy of mine had the surgery to remove the neuroma by Dr. Labib. When I ran my last marathon, the pain became unbearable and I vowed to call Dr. Labib as soon as I got home. I met with Dr. Labib who explained to me that this surgery has an 80% success rate, and that being positive helps in the recovery. I'm happy to report that I fall into that 80% category! I was back to running just one month after the surgery!
in Warner Robins, GA |
I came to see Dr. Labib for chronic knee pain, that I've had for years. I'm 31 year old female who needed a knee replacement. I'm 1 week out from surgery and I feel great! Feeling better than I expected. He replaced my damaged knee with Cadaver bone and realigned my leg. Sounds painful right but I'm doing excellent. The nurses at the spine hospital were even Awesome!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Labib has done surgery on both of my feet. Each time, there was little to no pain whatsoever, I recovered quickly, I was happy with the results, and have not had any complications since the surgeries. He is outstanding in every regard. I recommend him every chance I get.
in Atlanta, GA |
After I injured my ankle playing soccer I was in pain and completely unable to participate in any athletic activity.. a very frustrating thing for a former NCAA Division 1 Athlete. Dr. Labib evaluated me and found that in addition to damaging the ligaments in my ankle, I had sustained an osteochondral lesion to my talar dome. He performed a microfracture repair of the defect and now, less than 1 year later I am back to playing full speed. Thanks Dr. Labib!
in Atlanta, GA |
Very glad to have found Dr. Labib. After many months of being unable to walk normally and without considerable pain because of Hagland's deformity in my heel, I have no pain in walking now, only nine weeks after surgery by Dr. Labib. Also I have not seen an office run more smoothly--appointments start on time generally, with minimal waiting (far less than any other doctor's office I have visited in 60 years).
in Atlanta, GA |
For someone who ran as much as 3600 mile a year, I was unable to walk 1/2 mile. After 3 years and 5 doctors, Dr. Labib finally came up with an accurate diagnosis. He performed a surgical procedure 6 months ago, and nkw have recently walked 3 miles COMFORTLY! His patience, diagnostic ability, and caring manner is very reassuring to patients. I can't recommend him any higher. Tommy L. Owens , DDS
in Smyrna, GA |
Dr. Labib did a wonderful job on my Ankle fusion 3 years ago. I waited until now to review just to see if there were any issue, but none! My experience with Dr. labib could not have been better. I highly redo,mend him for ankle fusion surgery/
Have you seen Dr. Sameh Labib, MD?
Are you Dr. Labib?

Compare Dr. Labib

Dr. Labib's Care Philosophy

Dr. Labib's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Labib has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Labib's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Ain-Shams U

Graduated in 1976

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Labib does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Labib and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy