Dr. Sameh Labib, MD

Dr. Sameh Labib, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Sameh Labib, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

59 Executive Park South NE # 1000

Atlanta, GA 30329

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Coventry Health Care of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Labib

See how frequently Dr. Labib performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle Sprains and Strains
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Joint Pain

Dr. Labib's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Labib "As a Fellowship trained Sports Medicine Knee - Ankle and Foot Surgeon, I strive to provide my patients with the best care for their sports related injuries. As an Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Emory University, I enjoy teaching and cutting edge research."

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Quadriceps Tendon Repair
  • Reconstructive Ankle Surgery

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Ain-Shams U
  • American Sports Medicine Institute Birmingham Al
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Schulich School Of Medicine and Dentistry
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Labib has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Labib does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Labib and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Labib's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Labib to family and friends
Dr. Labib's Performance
in Mentone |
Dr. Labib has been wonderful! I have already recommended him to a friend with a similar foot problem. He is very easy to talk with and explains everything in detail. He welcomes your questions as well as any anxiety you may have about surgery.
Boston, MA |
I was luck to find the best to do my ankle surgery.
in Suwanee |
My friend Carol Elliott referred me and I must say that Dr.. Labib and his team are kind, knowledgeable and professional, I felt safe in their hands!
in Kennesaw |
Dr. Labib is an excellent doctor. He took time to listen to and answer my questions. He explained my diagnosis and gave me options to help him and me to make the right choice for me. In my follow up visits Dr. Labib took all the time I needed for my check up and to answer all my questions. The two days following my surgery Dr. Labib personally called me to check up on me, and these where weekend days (Saturday and Sunday). I find Dr. Labib to be extremely concerned, caring and compassionate.
in Norcross, GA |
Recommend without any reservation
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Labib has a reputation for being one of the leading Orthopedic surgeons especially in the knee area. I have colleagues that went to Dr. Labib and I was very happy to hear he was handling my case. He took the time to explain the issue I had, possible alternative approaches and potential outcomes. Ultimately, I had to go the route of surgery. He was very engaged prior to the surgery and addressed all of my questions and request. I am looking forward to getting healed and back to running.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Very professional and courteous . Have a lot of respect for him.
in Atlanta, GA |
Still new to me, but is knowledgeable about condition I have. Was able to schedule surgery as I required. And will follow up with his office.
Baldwin, GA |
I had foot surgery 10 days ago. There has been little to no pain. I have not been back for my postop appointment, yet, so I don't know if the surgery was successful or not. He said it was successful, but I have not seen my foot yet. It was a complicated procedure as he was trying to repair what another surgeon has messed up.
in Atlanta, GA |
At 61, I just finished hiking for four days among glaciers in Canada without pain, on the surgically-repaired right heel that Dr. Labib corrected 18 months ago. Before the surgery ("Hagland's Repair"), I was unable to walk normally and without considerable pain. I am thrilled to be able to remain active in my 60's. Dr. Labib is not only a skilled surgeon, but a great guy with bedside manner. His office runs most efficiently. I would send any member of my family to him.
Atlanta, GA |
My experience with Dr. Labib and the whole team at Emory Ortho has been great. Dr. Labib, Brian, and all of the athletic staff were always available to answer my questions. The surgical team helped me feel comfortable with the whole process on my surgery days and the front office staff was always helpful and friendly whenever I was there for office visits.
in Gainesville, GA |
Dr. Labib's surgical expertise, from my experience, is exceptional! My foot/ankle issues were/are complex and unusual. He took the time to address each of the critical areas and repair them. If I had not had the surgery, I ,eventually, would have not been able to walk/ambulate without assistance. I also believe that not just any orthopedic surgeon could have performed the specific repairs that were necessary for the best outcome. I feel blessed and very grateful for Dr. Labib & staff.
Dallas, GA |
Dr. Labib was the 4th specialist I saw about my ankle and knew before leaving his office that I trusted his knowledge and judgement. He performed an excellent surgery and he or his staff was always available and kind. I am very pleased with my surgical results so far.
in Flowery Branch, GA |
Dr. Lab in is thorough and shows compassion for patient needs. He listens to concerns and questions. He responds to requests and needs.
in Warner Robins, GA |
When I came to Dr. Labib I was in bad shape, I couldn't walk and had a 20 year old injury. I'm only 32. My left knee was deteriorating and shifting inward. The pain was unbearable, Dr. Labib told me what needed to be done and that we had a long journey ahead of us. Fast forward 8 months today. I am still in recovery, but making great progress! I can't thank Dr. Labib and his staff enough for giving me my life back! I had a bone graft done with cadaver, and realignment. 18 month recovery.
Decatur, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Labib for any sports related injury. Dr. Labib is very friendly and very professional. Dr. Labib took time to answer all my and my wife's questions regarding my Achilles injury.
Very personable doctor who seems to genuinely care. Results were not as good as I had been led to believe or had hoped for.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Labib surgically repaired right my foot that I had fractured a year earlier, and he replaced a joint in the big toe where cartilage was simply worn out by age and use. I appreciated that Dr. Labib was conservative in recommending surgery and tried less invasive treatments first. He provided an excellent description of possible and probable outcomes. He is the orthopedic surgeon to see first.
Dr. Labib is very current yet experienced in his practice area. I felt confident in his advice and, as an older but very active patient, appreciate him taking my concerns about returning to an active lifestyle seriously.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Labib is an excellent Orthopedic surgeon! He and his team took excellent care of my ankle and together we decided on a plan of action. All my questions were answered before and after surgery. When I had a question post care from my home his staff got back to me within the next few hours with an answer..
in Marietta, GA |
Already recommended to a friend.
Dr. Labib and the Emory staff came highly recommended as a second opinion for my ankle surgery. I chose Dr. Labib for my surgery because of his experience, knowledge, reputation, as well as for the Emory staff and resources available to him. The surgery was a success. Dr. Labib and the Emory staff took good care of me. I highly recommend this team.
in Decatur, GA |
After seeing multiple doctors over a six-month period, Dr. Labib diagnosed me within the first 10 minutes of meeting me and gave me multiple options for paths to recovery. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a medical opinion regarding ankles!
in Kennesaw, GA |
Dr. Labib is at the top of his field in Atlanta, and his staff is exemplary. I am in the process of recovering from injuries to both feet....broken ankle, torn ligaments, and nerve damage. Dr. Labib performed surgery for a severe Morton's Neuroma in Feb and did a wonderful job. I am healing well and the debilitating pain is gone. Every person I have met at Emory Sports Medicine has been very caring and absolutely wonderful.
in Sebring, FL |
Dr. Labib is a hero in his profession and in my two experiences. He's repaired different issues in both feet. He is kind, he listens, and he explains thoughtfully and thoroughly. I'm particularly impressed that he is clearly focused upon hearing my concerns. He speaks with his interns as if we are a team. I drive eight hours to see him because I have complete confidence in his giftedness.
Atlanta, GA |
I highly recommend Dr. Labib. I have seen him two separate times for the same issue on each legs. He is a great surgeon and I have had wonderful results. He speaks in medical terms and is then able to explain everything in lay person terms. He is a very kind man and sets your mind at ease. He's very straight-forward and gives you all of the facts and statistics. I felt very confident being in his care. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon.
in Atlanta, GA |
I had two foot surgeries with Dr Labib in 2016 for moderate bunions. I had contemplated this surgery for 10 years, so I was very careful with who I chose as my surgeon. I was referred to Dr Labib through the Executive Program at Emory. Dr Labib was very informative about each surgery; what to expect and how long the recovery process would be. He and his administrative staff were always very courteous and professional. I am now pain free and walking comfortably in shoes again...Thank you!
Great Dr who answered questions And was thorough with what all was going to happen pre and post surgery
Decatur, GA |
Very happy with outcome of surgery.
Decatur, GA |
Dr. Labib is exceptionally skilled and experienced. Answers questions thoroughly and provides lots of information. He's also very pleasant and easy to talk to.
in Roswell, GA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Labib. I'm convinced that his skills are among the best in the world. After my ladder fall from 26ft, I shattered my calcaneus (heel bone) Another surgeon with 30 years experience, told me that I had to have my calcaneus fused to my tibia. Dr. Labib confidently told me he could rebuild my heel without fusing it. I knew I was in good hands. I thank God I went with Labib. After 1 year, I have close to 100% normal function in my foot with little to no pain.
in Jasper, GA |
Dr. Labib is the best. My experience with my ankle surgery was truly a non painful experience. Dr. Labib is professional, and it was a pleasure having him as my surgeon. I would recommend him as he is well educated and his mannerism is so professional. He makes you feel comfortable never anxious. Dr. R. Flint in Jasper, Ga. recommended him as the best to take care of my situation and that he did. Great surgeon.
in Atlanta, GA |
There are not enough kind words to describe Dr. Labib. I appreciate all that he has done for me/my ankle and have recommended him to everyone I know.
Dr. Labib is very straight to the point. If you have any questions, he'll be glad to answer them. Overall a pretty good doctor.
in Flowery Branch, GA |
I am looking for a doctor who performs a Morton's Neuroma surgery in office as opposed to in a hospital. It is a $100 copay if it is done in office or a $2250 copay if it is in the hospital. I called Dr Labib's office and couldn't get an answer. They could clearly find out if he does those surgeries in house or in a hospital. She probably even new the answer, but wouldn't tell me. She kept insisting that I had to come in and see him at $100 copay. Since I didn't get an answer, I won't use Labib
in Mableton, GA |
I suffered with a Morton's neuroma for many years. A running buddy of mine had the surgery to remove the neuroma by Dr. Labib. When I ran my last marathon, the pain became unbearable and I vowed to call Dr. Labib as soon as I got home. I met with Dr. Labib who explained to me that this surgery has an 80% success rate, and that being positive helps in the recovery. I'm happy to report that I fall into that 80% category! I was back to running just one month after the surgery!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Labib has done surgery on both of my feet. Each time, there was little to no pain whatsoever, I recovered quickly, I was happy with the results, and have not had any complications since the surgeries. He is outstanding in every regard. I recommend him every chance I get.
in Atlanta, GA |
After I injured my ankle playing soccer I was in pain and completely unable to participate in any athletic activity.. a very frustrating thing for a former NCAA Division 1 Athlete. Dr. Labib evaluated me and found that in addition to damaging the ligaments in my ankle, I had sustained an osteochondral lesion to my talar dome. He performed a microfracture repair of the defect and now, less than 1 year later I am back to playing full speed. Thanks Dr. Labib!
in Atlanta, GA |
For someone who ran as much as 3600 mile a year, I was unable to walk 1/2 mile. After 3 years and 5 doctors, Dr. Labib finally came up with an accurate diagnosis. He performed a surgical procedure 6 months ago, and nkw have recently walked 3 miles COMFORTLY! His patience, diagnostic ability, and caring manner is very reassuring to patients. I can't recommend him any higher. Tommy L. Owens , DDS
in Smyrna, GA |
Dr. Labib did a wonderful job on my Ankle fusion 3 years ago. I waited until now to review just to see if there were any issue, but none! My experience with Dr. labib could not have been better. I highly redo,mend him for ankle fusion surgery/
Have you seen Dr. Sameh Labib, MD?
Are you Dr. Labib?