Dr. Sameer Syed, MD

Dr. Syed
Telehealth services available

Pain Treatment Institute

3151 W 15th St Plano, TX 75075

Dr. Sameer Syed, MD is a Pain Management Specialist in Plano, TX. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Syed to book an appointment.

Dr. Syed's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Syed

4.5

Dr. Syed
I'd love to be able to say that Dr. Syed is fantastic, but I can't because his office staff is so poor. I have called three times to set an appointment. Each time, the receptionist informs me that she cannot confirm that my insurance is accepted even though it is a commonly accepted insurance and Dr. Syed is shown as in-network. Each time, she also tells me that she's going to confirm it and guarantees me someone will call me back within 24 hours. I have yet to receive a call and I'm just not bothering anymore. No matter how fantastic a doctor is, his office makes or breaks the practice. For me, the nitwit staff is a deal breaker.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Non-Responsive Office Staff – Jun 15, 2021
Wonderful! I have been seeing Dr. Syed for quite sometime, and I am overjoyed in the care I receive. The staff is prompt to responding to all my needs. Dr. Syed takes time to actually address my concerns and pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Syed to anyone seeking an exceptional doctor that cares about addressing their pain. Dr. Syed and his team are very attentive, professional and knowledgeable. I drive far to see Dr. Syed and I am glad that I do. His treatments are truly effective. I trust my health in hands. Dr. Syed is a true blessing!
C.Wade – Dec 23, 2020
I have been a patient of Dr Syed for several years. He is an excellent Doctor and he actually listens to his patients. He does everything medically possible to target and relieve your pain. Dr Syed is a very kind and caring person. His staff are also kind and patient. After several years of being a patient, Dr Syed and his staff feel like family.
Scott Fittz – Aug 27, 2020
Best pain relief ever! Thank you Dr Syed For all you do.
Janice Velleff – Jun 13, 2020
If you have an autoimmune disease that causes chronic pain, STAY AWAY! This doctor doesn't even have time for the patients! The MEDICAL ASSISTANTS (not Physician's Assistants or Nurse Practitioners) make all of the clinical decisions and aren't qualified! Despite stating in the beginning exactly why I was there, they focused on areas other than my primary issue and were going to do procedures without consulting me first! After the first appointment with him, Dr. Syed only speaks to the patients when he comes into the procedure room and your strapped to the table with the anesthesiologist ready to push the medication into your IV. I was extremely disappointed by the service I received after having Dr. Syed continue my medications started by a previous pain management doctor when he worked for a different practice. The treatment wasn't geared toward my specific issues but came straight out of a text book! I guess that's what happens when MAs instead of a doctor decide the treatment.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 23, 2020
Very few pain management doctors have the genuine compassion & heart of a healer; Dr. Syed exudes both.
New patient – Mar 07, 2020
Dr. Syed & his staff are awesome. The NP that spoke with me 1st was very thorough & really listened to me. Dr. Syed came in & examined & spoke w me. He asked me questions I’d not been asked before & seemed actually interested & didn’t just do a “drive-by” exam. I was really impressed.
Debbie – Jan 31, 2020
I evaluate doctors as managers of your experience at the office. From the time you enter the office you are promptly checked in then you are brought back to a room. Where you are treated by professional staff member. A few minutes later you are on the table getting treated. The best part of the treatment is that I feel a lot better.
Dec 14, 2019
Dr Syed is a wonderful physician and a wonderful man. He strives to help his patients and uses the latest methods to remove your pain.
Joe Elms – Oct 18, 2019
After suffering for many years with long-term and chronic neck and back pain, I was referred to Dr. Syed. After all these years, I was finally correctly diagnosed and treated. I've been seeing him for 4 years. I take pain medication regularly and have occasional facet joint block injections. I truly would have gone on suffering if not for him. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Syed, he is extremely helpful, caring, very kind, patient and understanding doctor. He takes time to go through your problem and explains everything. Dr. Syed and his wonderful office staff, are genuinely helpful, loving and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Syed for all he has done for me and still doing for me to live a normal life. ~Aide V.
  • Long wait times
Aide V. – Jun 27, 2019
Two office visits and a trip to the clinic for injections into the back... I'm really happy I found Dr. Syed. He, in the couse of a couple of weeks, has relieved me of much of my back pain. We're not finished but I really trust Dr. Syed. He'll give you an ample amount of his time to explain your pain and the options for treatment.
MJM in Plano, TX – Jan 19, 2019
I have been dealing with chronic pain due to an injury for over 20 years. I have seen so many doctors and gone through so much pain management. Seeing Dr. Syed was the first time I felt like an actual human being. He has been my ray of hope. For the first time in years, I feel like I may actually be able to live a normal life eventually. He is calm, professional, understanding, and so knowledgeable. His staff is AMAZING! I can not wait to see what my future holds. Thank you so much Dr. S
Jenni Dophied in Bonham, TX – Jan 17, 2019
I rarely write reviews of doctors - good or bad. However, we have had such a fantastic experience with Dr. Syed and his entire practice that I wanted to share. We were referred to Dr. Syed through my daughter's endocrinologist for help addressing major pain caused by truncal neuropathy. Dr. Syed showed great empathy and compassion when meeting with my daughter. His entire staff, especially his assistance Carlene have gone above and beyond in her treatment. Highly recommend this doctor!
Steven McNeese in Allen, TX – Dec 11, 2018
Dr. Syed is one of the best doctors I’ve ever seen, hands down. He’s got wonderful bedside manner, takes the time to listen to your concerns and walks you through all treatment options available to you. His entire staff is wonderful to interact with. I’d recommend Dr. Syed to anyone who is being referred to a pain management doctor.
Felicia de Leon in Leonard, TX – Jul 23, 2018
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Syed. He’s kind, smart, knowledgeable, and good at what he does. Above all else, he cares. He doesn’t seem to care much about making a lot of money, but is genuinely concerned with how he can best help you. I have a rare genetic condition and he is very knowledgeable. He treats me with respect and compassion and because of him I’ve been able to gain back so much quality of life.
Hillary M in Denton, TX – Jul 13, 2018
Dr Syed is a benchmark of professionalism in Pain Management. He helped get me back on my feet and in the gym after being miserable having severe lumbar spasms for months. He listens, cares and spends ample time addressing his patients needs to find the best solution possible.
Michael Soulek in Dallas, TX – Jun 11, 2018
Dr. Syed is such a great Dr. He's not only very knowledgeable, he's very compassionate and is a great listener. I have a rare genetic condition and multiple co morbidities and he was full of wisdom. I've also heard more times than I can count that I'm a complicated patient because of my conditions. Dr. Syed made not only made me feel like I'm not too broken to help, but knew what I needed to help me have the best quality of life.
Jenny – May 03, 2018
This is an outstanding doctor. I had long-standing pain in my knees for a long time, and I was reluctant to undergo treatment. I wish I had done the treatment with Dr. Syed sooner. The treatment has allowed me to walk again without pain.
Lila in Garland, TX – Oct 04, 2017
Dr. Syed was so kind and patient with my 81 yr. old Mom. Explaining all the options that are available for her care. He did a nerve block on her knee that has been giving her severe pain for the last 8 years. Within minutes of the block she was almost completely pain free. She saids today 3 days later her pain is so little it's not worth talking about it. Dr. Syed has been a true blessing to our family.
Georgia in Coppell, TX – Aug 22, 2016
Saw Dr. Syed today - He was extremely professional, didn't rush the visit, and his staff was extremely friendly. Absolutely felt like he cared for my health and listened to me, will recommend him to everyone I know.
Chris D in Dallas, TX – May 11, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Syed?

• Pain Management