Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD

Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Cary, NC. He is 46 years old. Read his story

1110 SE Cary Pkwy Ste 103

Cary, NC 27518

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Mathur

See how frequently Dr. Mathur performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Thoracic Spine Fracture

Dr. Mathur's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mathur's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mathur "Dr. Sameer Mathur completed his undergraduate education from the University of Pennsylvania where he graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors. He stayed at the University of Pennsylvania for medical school where he received the Munn Award for Orthopaedics. He finished his residency at the State University of New York and pursued a fellowship in spinal surgery at Rush Presbyterian Medical Center in Chicago with a focus on complex reconstructive spinal surgery and minimally invasive spinal procedures. Dr. Mathur has devoted much of his education and career to advancing spinal research. He studied the effects of proteins on cell growth at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston and presented his findings at an international conference. In addition, Dr. Mathur spent one year conducting research on bone metabolism under the mentorship of Dr. Kaplan. He was also Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. While at UNC, Dr. Mathur led the research team studying the optimal treatment for spinal cord injury as well as the genetic causations for scoliosis in adolescents. He has received several awards for his research including the Scoliosis Research Society award and Best New Investigator Award. Dr. Mathur believes in meeting patients' individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve an active, pain-free lifestyle."

This content was provided by Dr. Mathur "As a board certified spinal surgeon, my approach to spinal problems is unique. My practice focuses on the total care of the spine patient. Most people with back and neck pain do not need surgery. We have developed a comprehensive spine center that has five PMNR doctors who specialize in spinal injections. We have our own spine dedicated physical therapy. If surgery is needed, I utilize the latest methods of minimally invasive spine surgery. Most of my surgeries are outpatient procedures."

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Adult Scoliosis Correction
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
  • National Inst Hlth
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Rush U Mc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Mathur has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Mathur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mathur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mathur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mathur to family and friends
Dr. Mathur's Performance
in Cary, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone. He knows what he is doing. What Dr. Mathur said he was going to do is what he did. He is right on with what he tells you to expect after surgery.
in Cary, NC |
I was so honored and lucky to be a patient of Dr. Mathur's.
Dealing with my husbands back pain over the last several years has been a nightmare until we were seen by Dr. Mathur. Not only is Dr. Mathur extremely thorough while explaining everything but his staff was very friendly, professional, and personable from appointments and insurance questions. We live out of town and travel to Cary to see Dr. Mathur and will continue to do so for his continued care. overall, it was the best experience I feel we could have had.
Dr. Mathur is a great doctor and I trust him.
It has been a good experience with Dr. Mathur. I would recommend his office.
Dr. Mathur did an excellent job and we couldn't ask for anything better.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur explained everything to me. He did exactly what he said he would do. I am glad I came to see Dr. Mathur.
Lumberton |
My mother always taught me; if you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all. So, I'm saying nothing at all. Just beware.
Dr. Mathur's office has been fantastic. They get authorization for your insurance ahead of time. So you are aware of your fee beforehand. Dr. Mathur listens to everything you say. I am really impressed by Dr. Mathur's office as far as efficiency.
in Cary, NC |
I have been very very pleased with Dr. Mathur and his care since I've been referred to him. I have been pleased overall.
in Cary, NC |
I have been totally and completely satisfied with Dr. Mathur on both occasions. I really do appreciate him showing up at Wake Med last Sunday when I was diagnosed with a PE.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Mathur was willing to answer my questions even outside of the office. He spent a half hour on the phone with me after hours. Dr. Mathur is very patent and caring. I feel Dr. Mathur had my best interest at heart.
in Clayton, NC |
My experience with Dr. Mathur has been great. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Mathur that have been needed.
Cary, NC |
Everything in Dr. Mathur's office has been awesome including physical therapy. I have had a great experience in my office visits. Dr. Mathur has been very thorough. I appreciate the care I have received.
in , NC |
Dr. Mathur's staff has been very professional and courteous. Staff was willing to work with my schedule to schedule in different offices. Dr. Mathur was wonderful.
Dr. Mathur took a lot of time to explain the procedure. He made me feel comfortable with proceeding with the procedure. He showed compassion and empathy for me. Dr. Mathur's clinical staff and nurse made me feel comfortable as well proceed with surgery. Dr. Mathur went above and beyond with my care.
in Kenly, NC |
Dr. Mathur is absolutely wonderful. Karmen and Melissa have been great as well. I had a great experience at Blue Ridge Surgery Center too.
in Cary, NC |
I found everyone at Dr. Mathur's office friendly and helpful. Melissa was especially good at explaining things.
in Cary, NC |
Excellent work, efficient, and personable. I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur.
I have been very pleased with Dr. Mathur. I was able to scheduled for surgery quickly. I am feeling significantly better.
in Cla |
Dr. Mathur and his staff are the most kind and courteous people I have meet.
in Holly Springs, NC |
The over top confidence booster for me was our history and physical visit with Melissa. Dr. Mathur has been great. Jessie at the front desk is always super friendly.
Apex, NC |
I have had a very good experience at Dr. Mathur's office.
Cary, NC |
I appreciated the follow up call after surgery. I'm pretty satisfied with Dr. Mathur's office. I'm thankfully for being able to be seen quickly and surgery scheduled fast.
in Kenly, NC |
Exceptional service and great results.
in Raleigh, NC |
Adeyla his surgery coordinator was wonderful. Melissa his nurse was great too. They both helped me out.
Dr. Mathur has a wonderful bedside manner. He takes families concerns into consideration. Dr. Mathur's staff answers all of your questions and is helpful. Dr. Mathur is magical and trustworthy. Everything at his office is fabulous!
in Cary, NC |
I highly recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur, Dr. Shanti, Julie, Melissa, and the entire office team. So many thanks for the care and compassion down the T12 kyphoplasty road! With appreciation.
I have been very pleased with Dr. Mathur.
Dr. Mathur explained everything very well. I was very pleased with my kyphoplasty that Dr. Mathur performed. My pain level is 50%-60% better. He has really helped me regain my quality of life. Dr. Mathur is my new best friend!
Excellent customer service!
in Cary, NC |
I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur for surgery!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur's office is very warm and inviting atmosphere. Dr. Mathur has empathy for his patients.
I find the staff extremely courteous, helpful, and respectful. Dr. Mathur hears and listens. Dr. Mathur is like talking to your friend.
in Oak City, NC |
As a patient of Dr. Mathur's I could not be more happy with the service I have received.
Dr. Mathur is awesome!
Dr. Mathur is very knowledgeable and caring surgeon. I have all respect and trust for him. Dr. Mathur is an excellent surgeon.
I am have been 100% satisfied with Dr. Mathur and the care he has provided me. I feel the same way about his office staff as well.
in Garner, NC |
After seeing another Spine Spec (recommended by my GP) I did my research and found Dr. Mathur. He was VERY helpful and has an excellent staff. He is that rare doctor that is a skilled technician and can converse with the patient with respect and empathy. He surgically corrected my ruptured disc and I was amazed at the results and very short recovery time. His staff is excellent (surgical and office) and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend his practice. Thank you again, Dr. Mathur.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur has been great and I highly recommend him!! I have already recommend him to a friend!
Cary, NC |
I received excellent care from Dr. Mathur and his staff. I had a really great outcome with the care that was provided! Dr. Mathur and his team were extra careful in regards to avoiding infection following my procedure and that is very important to me!
Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur has been one of the most personable physicians I have dealt with, and shows a genuine concern for my needs.
Dr. Mathur is an experienced doctor and is an expert in his field. Dr. Mathur is very friendly. I would recommend any friend or family member to go see him. I like the way Dr. Mathur approached me as a patient.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur is very good conservative in procedures.
Great and friendly staff. Enjoyed coming to Cary Orthopaedics Spine Specialists compared to other practices. Dr. Mathur actually sits down in the room to answer my questions. He is one of the only doctors that has done that before.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur is wonderful and has a great bedside manner!
Cary, NC |
Besides Dr. Mathur being extremely professional. He is very passionate and caring. I would highly recommend him has a spinal surgeon to anyone!
Great service provided by Dr. Mathur. He really helped me out with my back pain. Karmen is the best!
I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone with spinal issues.
Have you seen Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD?
Are you Dr. Mathur?