Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD

Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

As a board certified spinal surgeon, my approach to spinal problems is unique. My practice focuses on the total care of the spine patient. Most people with back and neck pain do not need surgery. We have developed a comprehensive spine center that has five PMNR doctors who specialize in spinal injections. We have our own spine dedicated physical therapy. If surgery is needed, I utilize the latest methods of minimally invasive spine surgery. Most of my surgeries are outpatient procedures.

Dr. Sameer Mathur completed his undergraduate education from the University of Pennsylvania where he graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors. He stayed at the University of Pennsylvania for medical school where he received the Munn Award for Orthopaedics. He finished his residency at the State University of New York and pursued a fellowship in spinal surgery at Rush Presbyterian Medical Center in Chicago with a focus on complex reconstructive spinal surgery and minimally invasive spinal procedures.

Dr. Mathur has devoted much of his education and career to advancing spinal research. He studied the effects of proteins on cell growth at Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston and presented his findings at an international conference. In addition, Dr. Mathur spent one year conducting research on bone metabolism under the mentorship of Dr. Kaplan. He was also Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. While at UNC, Dr. Mathur led the research team studying the optimal treatment for spinal cord injury as well as the genetic causations for scoliosis in adolescents. He has received several awards for his research including the Scoliosis Research Society award and Best New Investigator Award.

Dr. Mathur believes in meeting patients' individual needs through comprehensive evaluation and treatment designed to help them achieve an active, pain-free lifestyle.

Dr. Mathur's Experience

See how Dr. Mathur's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mathur

Dr. Mathur accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mathur has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mathur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mathur to family and friends
Dr. Mathur's Performance
in Cary, NC |
I found everyone at Dr. Mathur's office friendly and helpful. Melissa was especially good at explaining things.
in Cary, NC |
Excellent work, efficient, and personable. I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur.
I have been very pleased with Dr. Mathur. I was able to scheduled for surgery quickly. I am feeling significantly better.
in Cla |
Dr. Mathur and his staff are the most kind and courteous people I have meet.
in Holly Springs, NC |
The over top confidence booster for me was our history and physical visit with Melissa. Dr. Mathur has been great. Jessie at the front desk is always super friendly.
in Cary, NC |
I was very satisfied with my back surgery with Dr. Mathur!
Apex, NC |
I have had a very good experience at Dr. Mathur's office.
Cary, NC |
I appreciated the follow up call after surgery. I'm pretty satisfied with Dr. Mathur's office. I'm thankfully for being able to be seen quickly and surgery scheduled fast.
in Kenly, NC |
Exceptional service and great results.
in Raleigh, NC |
Adeyla his surgery coordinator was wonderful. Melissa his nurse was great too. They both helped me out.
Dr. Mathur has a wonderful bedside manner. He takes families concerns into consideration. Dr. Mathur's staff answers all of your questions and is helpful. Dr. Mathur is magical and trustworthy. Everything at his office is fabulous!
in Cary, NC |
I highly recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur, Dr. Shanti, Julie, Melissa, and the entire office team. So many thanks for the care and compassion down the T12 kyphoplasty road! With appreciation.
I have been very pleased with Dr. Mathur.
Dr. Mathur explained everything very well. I was very pleased with my kyphoplasty that Dr. Mathur performed. My pain level is 50%-60% better. He has really helped me regain my quality of life. Dr. Mathur is my new best friend!
Excellent customer service!
in Cary, NC |
I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur for surgery!
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur's office is very warm and inviting atmosphere. Dr. Mathur has empathy for his patients.
I find the staff extremely courteous, helpful, and respectful. Dr. Mathur hears and listens. Dr. Mathur is like talking to your friend.
in Oak City, NC |
As a patient of Dr. Mathur's I could not be more happy with the service I have received.
Dr. Mathur is awesome!
Dr. Mathur is very knowledgeable and caring surgeon. I have all respect and trust for him. Dr. Mathur is an excellent surgeon.
I am have been 100% satisfied with Dr. Mathur and the care he has provided me. I feel the same way about his office staff as well.
in Garner, NC |
After seeing another Spine Spec (recommended by my GP) I did my research and found Dr. Mathur. He was VERY helpful and has an excellent staff. He is that rare doctor that is a skilled technician and can converse with the patient with respect and empathy. He surgically corrected my ruptured disc and I was amazed at the results and very short recovery time. His staff is excellent (surgical and office) and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend his practice. Thank you again, Dr. Mathur.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur has been great and I highly recommend him!! I have already recommend him to a friend!
Cary, NC |
I received excellent care from Dr. Mathur and his staff. I had a really great outcome with the care that was provided! Dr. Mathur and his team were extra careful in regards to avoiding infection following my procedure and that is very important to me!
Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur has been one of the most personable physicians I have dealt with, and shows a genuine concern for my needs.
Dr. Mathur is an experienced doctor and is an expert in his field. Dr. Mathur is very friendly. I would recommend any friend or family member to go see him. I like the way Dr. Mathur approached me as a patient.
in Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur is very good conservative in procedures.
Great and friendly staff. Enjoyed coming to Cary Orthopaedics Spine Specialists compared to other practices. Dr. Mathur actually sits down in the room to answer my questions. He is one of the only doctors that has done that before.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Mathur is wonderful and has a great bedside manner!
Cary, NC |
Besides Dr. Mathur being extremely professional. He is very passionate and caring. I would highly recommend him has a spinal surgeon to anyone!
Great service provided by Dr. Mathur. He really helped me out with my back pain. Karmen is the best!
I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone with spinal issues.
in Cary, NC |
I am very pleased with Dr. Mathur and his care. I could not be happier with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Mathur to anyone.
in Angier, NC |
Dr. Mathur has definitely changed my life for the better since having surgery. He has made me feel comfortable and assured me surgery would take care of the problem. He was 100% right. I feel so much better since surgery. I would recommend anyone with back pain to come and see Dr. Mathur. If you follow his recommendations you are sure to get better.
Clayton, NC |
Dr. Mathur's care he provided was excellent.
Have you seen Dr. Sameer Mathur, MD?
Are you Dr. Mathur?

Compare Dr. Mathur

}

Dr. Mathur says...

Dr. Mathur's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mathur's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mathur has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mathur's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Completed in 2004

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1994

• Hindi

Dr. Mathur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mathur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion