Dr. Samara S. Churgin, MD

Dr. Samara S. Churgin, MD

General Surgery | Female | 40 years old

We are available 24 hours a day to answer questions and all of my patients have my personal cell phone number where they can reach me at any time. Should you need to make an apointment for the above procedures please feel free to call our office at 631-661-0202. I have been awarded the following go awards, to name a few because of the compassion and care that I provide my patients. Awards- Glenn D. Arvan, MD Surgical Research Grant, Patient Choice Award 2011, Compassionate Doctors Award Awards- Glenn D. Arvan, MD Surgical Research Grant, Patient Choice Award 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014; Compassionate Doctors Award 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014; Top 10 Doctor New York 2014; Top 10 Doctor - New York Metro Area 2014Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Churgin's Experience

See how Dr. Churgin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Churgin

Dr. Churgin accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 9 hospitals where Dr. Churgin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Churgin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Churgin to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Churgin
Dr. Churgin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (260)
in Bellmore, NY |
This is the second surgery that I have entrusted to Dr. Churgin. She is not only a true professional , she is an expert in her field of body contour and plastic surgery. She is also an amazing women , juggling her multiple offices, multiple hospital affiliations and her patients. The beautiful part is that she makes her patients feel like they are the only thing at that moment, and they are. I would recommend anyone to Dr Churgin and my compliments are not easy to earn,
in New York, N.Y. |
Dr. Churgin was very reassuring after I suffered trauma to my face. Her pleasant bedside manner helped me through a difficult time and her exceptional skills as a surgeon have left me with only the memory of the cut I suffered. She is truly remarkable and one of the best in NYC.
in Oakdale, NY |
Look no further, Dr. Churgin Is the surgeon you want. Detail oriented, explains EVERYTHING from the procedure to the tools to the aftercare . excellent, caring bedside manner. If you are looking for a plastic surgeon,as a patient of hers, I highly recommend Dr. Churgin.
New York, NY |
Dr. Churgin is very knowledgeable and professional. Her work is flawless and she truly cares about her patients. I would recommend her to my friends and family.
in Flushing, NY |
A reduction mammoplasty performed in July 2016. I had some surgical complications. Dr. Churgin's skills, knowledge and competency are stellar. She exudes confidence and she is THAT good. I feel very fortunate to have found her online. Never in my life have I felt so well taken care of by a doctor. She is busy and in high demand but made herself super available to personally attend to me twice a day after I was admitted to a stay of a few days in the hospital.
in West Babylon, NY |
Dr. Churgin is brilliant and does not comprise safety first. My primary surgery was necessary with my breast and my abdominoplasty was elective both clearly explained and were done at the same time. The before care, surgery, and the surgical results was wonderful and more than I could have imagined. This is Dr. Churgin's philosophy using advanced liposuction techniques and methods and expecting nothing less. Her primary goal is comfort and creating peace of mind. You are in the right place.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Dr.Churgin was kind and through I have a few medical concerns right now and Dr.Churgin was patient and was going to talk to the radiologist and call me to schedule the surgery . Tara and the rest of Dr.Churgin 's staff were kind compassionate and efficient Thankyouvery much
in Babylon, NY |
My overall experience with Dr. Churgin was excellent! Dr. Churgin was very personable, as well as patient. She took time to explain everything thoroughly and answered any questions that I had for her.
in bellmore |
I had surgery with Dr Churgin last November for a breast reduction following a 140 lb weight loss. Had my yearly Mammo yesterday and .the tech said she could not event tell from looking at me that I had a reduction and looked at my scars. She was amazed and commented how fine lined the scars were and only after 7 months. She said you had some surgeon, this was a beautiful surgery. So from my mouth to your ears thank you Dr Churgin. Even a mammo tech pays you compliments.
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Churgin removed my breast implants due to deflation after breast cancer reconstruction 19 years ago. I opted not to replace the implants and I couldn't be happier. I found Dr. Churgin to be very personable and patient with any questions I had. She is very thorough in explaining the operation and very detail oriented. Her staff, especially Kathy, is excellent in arranging all the hospital details and getting an appointment is very easy. I would highly recommend Dr. Churgin!
in New York, NY |
I recently wound up in the ER with an eye which had been split wide open. Dr. Churgin diid a flawless job stitching me back together. The scars are hardly visible. My experience that evening in the ER and in follow-up with Dr. Churgin and her staff the following week was extremely pleasant. These are caring, comforting professionals with a very personal touch. I look forward to my next visit!
in Woodhaven, NY |
Dr. Churgin is the best that you could ask for! She made me feel completely comfortable from day one. She is patient and thorough when answering all of my questions. Most importantly she delivered great results! I already have recommended her to friends and family.
in West Babylon, NY |
I was treated by Dr. Churgin in the emergency room at Good Samaritan Hospital for a head laceration. Received excellent treatment and Dr. Churgin is very professional and a top-notch surgeon.
in Queens Village, NY |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Churgin her service was excellent and her stall are the most friendliest one can ask for
in bellport ny |
I cannot say enough about how Dr. Churgin helped me through what was a very difficult process for me especially my fears and angst. Not only is her staff knowledgeable, friendly, and on task, they also have a level of compassion that is rarely seen in today's medical world. Dr. Churgin's skills amazed me and her thoroughness helped me to be safe in her hands. I am so glad i found her and was able to use her valuable services to help me along my next phase of this life. I would highly recommend!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Churgin is an incredible surgeon and I feel very lucky that she treated my 2 year old daughter. My daughter was rushed into the emergency room on Christmas Eve after being severely scratched by a dog on her face. Dr. Churgin knew exactly what to do so that our daughter would not have scarring. She did an excellent job and she is very professional, informative and caring. Her office staff is incredibly helpful and care deeply about the patients. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
First time I called the office to make an appointment the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Dr. Churgin was very informative and caring - truly one of the best doctors I've met.
in Babylon, NY |
Incredibly happy that I went to Dr Churgin for my procedures (abdominoplasty so far). She's thorough in every aspect of strategizing the procedures I want, patient and detailed in answering the ton of questions I had, and made me feel reassured in my health and well being for every step I've gone through so far. All of her staff is friendly and helpful, and very organized. I'm happy with all my results so far and would recommend her to anyone!
Great results! Highly recommend. I had rhinoplasty and scar revision. After healing, everything looks fantastic!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Churgin is an excellent doctor. She has a wonderful caring team. She did my body lift 4 weeks ago and I am so far pleased with my results. My appointments are kept on time and she takes time with her patients. The office in Manhattan is very clean and staff is very pleasant. I recommend her to everyone who is looking for a wonderful caring plastic surgeon.
in Flushing, NY |
Dr. Churgin is a superb plastic surgeon. She did excellent work on my nose after I had Mohs surgery. She completed the surgery efficiently with a calm hand, while reassuring me about the good outcome, and thereby lifting my spirits. I shall highly recommend Dr. Churgin to all my friends and relatives. Should I need any future plastic surgery, I will always choose Dr. Churgin. With best regards Helga Brenner
in Flushing, NY |
Dr. Churgin is a superb plastic surgeon. She did excellent work on my nose after I had Mohs surgery. She completed the surgery most efficiently with a calm hand, while reassuring me about the good outcome, thereby lifting my spirits. I highly recommend Dr. Churgin to all my friends and relatives. Should I need any future plastic surgery, I will always choose Dr. Churgin. I am forever grateful. Helga Brenner
in Amityville, NY |
She makes her patients feel very comfortable and does an excellent job. I would recommend anyone to visit her if they we're interested in plastic surgery.
in Woodmere, NY |
If your reading this review you must be looking for a plastic surgeon, STOP READING and make an appointment, it will be the best choice you ever made. I am now 6 month post up and could not be more pleased. I no longer have any pain in my breasts, back or rib cage.There are no words to express my appreciation, but she will always hold a special place in my heart. I consider her not only my Dr. but my friend. Sometime people will say only God can perform miracles but that's not true.
in Long Island, NY |
I am currently 3 weeks post-op from a breast augmentation with Dr. Churgin and have nothing but praise for Dr. Churgin and her entire office. After coming across her practice, I immediately knew I would be in good hands. Dr. Churgin's level of expertise is evidenced through each conversation we have and I could have not asked for more from a doctor. On top of that I've been overly impressed with the post op care and contact. Absolutely in love with my results, and would highly recommend to all!
She was very friendly and knowledgeable and professional
New York, NY |
I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Churgin: all completely successful. She takes the time to explain in detail what is involved for both pre-op and post-op. She is completely honest about what to expect. She always takes the time to answer all of a patient's questions. I highly recommend her for cosmetic or non-cosmetic surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Samara S. Churgin, MD?
Are you Dr. Churgin?

Compare Dr. Churgin

Dr. Churgin says...

A Specialist In Restoration Of Figure, Form And Function: Body Contouring; Breast Augmentation Paired with Core Abdominoplasty; Breast Reconstruction; Breast Reduction; Burn and Wound Care; Eye, Face, and Neck Lifts; Eyelid Reconstruction - Lower and Upper Blepharoplasty; Facial Reconstruction; Gender Reassignment Surgery; Liposuction; Mommy Makeovers; Nasal Reconstruction; Non surgical Facial Rejuvenation: Botox, Dysport, Fat Injections, Juvaderm, Perlane, Radiesse, Restylane Facial Fillers; Skin Cancer Reconstruction; Tummy Tucks.

My personal philosophy on patient care is to treat each patient as though he or she is a family member. My staff and I work as a cohesive team to achieve the patient's dreams and goals. We have a lot of patience and spend a great deal of time with each patient; not only during their consultation but preoperatively, postoperatively and throughout their entire care and treatment.

We are available 24 hours a day to answer questions and all of my patients have my personal cell phone number where they can reach me at any time. Should you need to make an apointment for the above procedures please feel free to call our office.

Dr. Churgin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Churgin says...

Dr. Churgin completed an additional Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary in Manhattan, New York. She specializes in addressing cosmetic concerns and treats her patients with multiple modalities including facial filler injections, neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport, fat grafting to the face and body as well as many other surgical procedures for facial rejuvenation and body contouring.

Dr. Churgin says...

Since Dr. Churgin completed a complete Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Resdiency as well as a General Surgery Residency, she is well versed in performing reconstructive surgery. Dr. Churgin is Double Board Certifiied in Plastic  Surgery and General Surgery.

Dr. Churgin has spent time in her practice perfecting her skill in facial reconstruction after skin cancer resection from MOHs surgery and other types of skin cancer resections. She also performs breast reconstructions after breast cancer, from abnormalities related to congenital asymmetries as well as other acquired breast deformities either from breast tissue resections or from previous cosmetic procedures. Dr. Churgin prides herself on restoration of form and figure.

Dr. Churgin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery

Dr. Churgin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Churgin's Board Certifications

• Breast Hypoplasia
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Facial Asymmetries
  • Keloid Scar
  • Large Breasts
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Lower Extremity Trauma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Scars

Graduated in 1997

• Other Education
    New York University Medical Center-Research 2005-07

Completed in 2007

Dr. Churgin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Churgin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery
  • Surgery

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Juvéderm® Injection
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Neck Lift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Care and Management
  • Wound Repair

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.