Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility ·  Female · Age 58

Dr. Pfeifer

The Ronald O. Perelman & Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical Center

1305 York Ave New York, NY 10021

Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 33 years. She graduated from University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Dr. Pfeifer accepts

Dr. Pfeifer accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Keystone Health Plan East
Keystone Health Plan East HMO
Keystone Health Plan East POS
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid

• Cervical Polyps
  • Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colposcopy
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening

3.8

Dr. Pfeifer?
Dr. Pfeifer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD
Dr. Pfeifer is the greatest! She is comforting, brilliant, compassionate and really cares about her patients. She is very honest and in her field, I find that to be a necessity. I can't say enough great things about her and her team. She is phenomenal!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
I'm not one to write reviews in general, but I had such a positive experience with Dr. Pfeifer and the entire staff at Weill Cornell Center for Reproductive Health that I thought it fitting. I recently underwent a specialized reproductive surgery, and my search for doctor within my network who performed it was in itself complicated. I waited a few months to consult with Dr. Pfeifer, but it was well worth the wait. She is not only an amazing physician in the technical sense, but also a fantastic
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
I found Dr. Pfeifer to be brilliant and thoughtful. I could not have foreseen all of the different issues and options that would come up with trying to have children and Dr. Pfeifer helped us navigate these issues as they arose with confidence and understanding. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
Saw Dr Pfeifer in 2015 and had a wonderful experience. She was direct in treatment plan, approach and options. She was always available to see if needed and I saw her every time I went in for monitoring. Her nurses were wonderful as well and very responsive to phone calls. If I needed to talk to pfeifer directly she did call. Have since had to change doctors to try for baby 2 and can’t find one that i trust and who is as comprehensive as pfeifer was!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
I have dealt with Dr. Pfeiffer for over two years. She really doesn't fit the description of a good Dr. she is curt doesn't follow up with you no matter what type of emergency I had. I took a private medical consultant and had her look over my protocol and there where tons of mistakes!!!! I found that dealing with her and her staff made my as is stressful IVF cycles so much more stressfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
I loved Dr Pfeifer! She was so caring, compassionate understanding and the people working in her office were wonderful. I felt welcomed and at ease. I would definitely recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
Pfeifer was great during IVF consultation. HOWEVER, during IVF she NEVER called with any sort of results or follow up except for the morning of the transfer. That's it. After a positive pregnancy test, she didn't call. Her nurse did. After a lutheal test said my HSG levels are low and might not be a viable pregnancy, still no call. When I asked her secretary for an appointment, receptionist said she will "pencil me in" for 2 weeks from today. I am SO disappointed. And sad really.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
Despite my young age, I can assure you I am not naive. I was referred to Dr. Pfeifer through my school for various abnormal test results, and after 6 months I have only gotten worse and extremely frustrated. My anxiety is astronomical. From the very first appointment, this doctor failed to make me feel at ease, and answer my questions completely and with clarity. Perhaps she doesn't like proactive patients who do their own research. Also impossible to get in touch with her. Do not recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
Used Pfeifer for IUI and IVF. There are better options that provide more personalized and professional care. -During IVF cycles, we received 0 calls from Pfeifer; all the care was left to the nurse. Nurse was great, but terrible 'bedside manner' for Dr to not call. -Office 'forgot' to call with injection instructions; nobody answered emergency phone # -Fertilization results given by nurse, not Pfeifer, so no explanation of results -Dr didn't call with Day 5 embryo results until Day 7.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
Dr Pfeifer has been great to work with! This was my first time doing IVF due to a male infertility factor and chose Cornell based on a referral from a Urologist in KC,MO. She was always very responsive to my questions and allowed me to email her since I was not local to the area. She is one of the nicest MDs and truly cares for her patients. She even called me after my husband's procedure and before my retrieval to see how I was doing. This is a high volume clinic, but never felt like a number.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?
She has not got back to me after 5 attempts , very rude and has no care for her patients. Very quick to send her expensive bill!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Samantha Pfeifer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pfeifer?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pfeifer treats patients.