Dr. Saman Hasan, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 51

Psychiatry

Dr. Saman Hasan, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Apex, NC. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Saman Hasan, MD

• Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Get better prescription prices

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Hasan accepts

Dr. Hasan accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0

Dr. Hasan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hasan

3.5

Dr. Saman is wonderful
Dr. Saman is wonderful. I like the way she tries to give natural remedies to see if it works and then if not medicine. She's very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. Happy to have her as my Dr. Her office staff are very friendly as well they always respond with a smile. :)
Jan 18, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Hasan for many years for management of my medications. I've never had much of a problem with her and her office and would highly recommend her to anyone who has anxiety around doctors. She always actively listens to my concerns and offers appropriate treatment when my situation changes. Not to mention the staff is top notch.
Jan 06, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
Very positive thorough. Best I’ve felt in so many years for depression.
Audrey – Jul 20, 2022
Great experience.
Ann S – May 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
Don't waste your time here
Nov 12, 2021
Non-judgmental and experienced.
Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I've had really great experiences with Dr. Hasan. She is a caring physician and she works really hard to find the best combination of medication/therapy for her patients. She has always addressed any concerns I've had about my medications and she checks in frequently to make sure everything is still working well. I was skeptical about starting medication for anxiety, but she was transparent about the side effects and started me at low doses. She also made sure I knew I didn't have to take anything if I wasn't comfortable with it, which was nice because other doctors made me feel like I didn't have a say in it. If you are honest about the issues you're struggling with, she will listen and work with you. She also recommends different lifestyle changes based on your individual situation, which is a great alternative and/or supplement to medication.
Madyson – Aug 11, 2021
- NOT gentle regarding sensitive issues - Less helpful than Online research
Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
Excellent Doctor. Been a patient since 2014, and couldn't be more pleased. Staff is excellent and caring.
Jennifer Duvlaris – Jan 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I never in a million years thought seeking help could make me feel worse than I ever have. After waiting a few weeks for my appt, I virtually saw Dr. Hasan today. I told her I wasn't comfortable having my camera on (I was already very nervous about this appt) and she demanded I turn it on and keep it on. Her mic was incredibly muffled and I tried to tell her but she shrugged it off. Therefore, I couldn't understand or hear her. She was dismissive and rude the whole time to the point that I just wanted to hang up. She said herself, "the meds you're on don't seem to be working for you" to which I agreed. Then proceeded to tell me she was keeping me on the same meds?! It made no sense. She also randomly asked me if I believe in God, which I found strange. She didn't let me talk unless it was a yes, no, or short/simple answer to whatever she asked. If I tried to add context or explain, she cut me off. I got off the call feeling worse than I did before and I write this review through tears.
Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
TERRIBLE DOCTOR ZERO STARS--STONE COLD--!!!! Didn't even try to get to know me only cared about her questions. Only spent 10 minutes asking questions then didn't even get to know me or my problems...Kept interrupting me and wouldn't let me say what i needed to. She was so rude and i was so frustrated i didn't even want to speak to her. She was so mean i started crying then she goes "WHY ARE YOU CRYING"....probably because I'm mentally unstable and you're making it worse. She asked me if i believed in God and i said not exactly she said "so are you atheist then?" I replied with i am not religious and it was obviously a problem with her....
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I have been consulting with Dr. Hasan for past four years. I have found her to be keen, concerning, and helpful in all matters. She understands people and their psychology to a great depth and acts upon with medicines and other necessary and effective treatment. She is friendly and has a pleasant personality which suits to be a successful and effective psychiatrist. I highly recommend her services.
Samina Khokhar – Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I had an appointment with what I thought was going to be my therapist. After reading from a piece of paper her assigned questions and not being honest about what was actually happening (saying she was my therapist). As it turns out Dr Hasan is just there to prescribe medications and after answering a series of rote questions she prescribes a strong antidepressant. This was a very awkward situation and she was not honest or upfront about the process. I rarely would write a negative review, but didn't feel this was a compassionate individual and would have been smart to read the reviews here first. She charged me $250 for a 30 minute question and answer session. In these trying times the last thing we need in a therapist is one who adds to the stress.
Sep 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
Dr. Hassan is great! She is caring, compassionate and listens attentively to your concerns. Additionally, the staff at Max Psychiatry is always very helpful, friendly and responsive!
ed.paszko@gmail.com – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I would strongly advise against having Dr. Hasan as a psychiatrist. She seems to have very fixed and preconceived notions about people, doesn't bother to actually listen and understand a situation, and is haughty, dismissive and overbearing. She definitely struck me as being in the wrong profession. She also seems technically incompetent. Her only approach to treatment was to keep increasing the dosage with every visit. I finally switched to a new provider who changed the medication, which had visible improvements.
Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
This was basically equal to speaking to a dying cactus! I question her actual license to practice medicine! Compassion is not a commodity and apparently she fails to follow the REAL DEA guidelines like people don’t know what they are, and with so many other poor reviews I don’t imagine this so called business being around for much longer, especially after crossing someone with very close ties to every local and federal agency she fears! Hope it was worth destroying lives because you will soon know the feeling!
David Kearney – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
She was not pleasant to work with. She had my past records so that I could get a refill in the middle of unexpected residency in North Carolina. I was interrogated about every condition on my chart to the point I was uncomfortable. Told I needed to explain all the symptoms of my condition I'd been experiencing that week in great detail and yelled at when I said I, well, wasn't experiencing them since I was *on medication that needed refilled*. Laughed and said my last doctor didn't know what she was doing when she had suggested a particular dosage of medication on my chart (FYI, that doctor is my favorite psychiatrist ever). Second time I tried having an appointment with her, she never showed up on the call. No notification / apology. I'll look elsewhere.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Jun 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I do not usually do reviews, but I wish I had read the reviews earlier than an hour before my appointment. All the negative reviews about this doctor were right. She does not come off as a nice woman. The reason I chose this office was because I needed immediate help and I'm new to the area. There office was the fastest one to get back in touch with me and schedule and appointment quickly. The doctor and I used the video chat because of the whole covid-19. She was asking a lot of questions which is normal when seeing a new doctor. When I go to explain my situation, she made me feel like I was dumb and didn't understand my own situation that I have been dealing with since 5th grade and I'm now 26. After the session was almost over, she didn't really give me an option to opt out of "counseling/therapy" just kind of said well you are going to do this next. She was very cold and not compassionate for a doctor practicing psychiatry. I hope whoever reads this will listen to mine and everyone
Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
I met with Dr. Hasan to explain I was looking ONLY for someone to manage my medications. I reiterated when she said, “so what is it you want us to do”? She set me up with a NP. We chatted and I assumed it was getting background info. My second and last visit was awkward because I only responded to open ended questions. My invoices showed I was being charged for counseling. I asked my insurance for a new referral and explained why 5 weeks ago. Dr. Hasan called me yesterday telling me I should have told the NP I didn’t want counseling. I told her she referred me to the NP and I specifically told them what I wanted. She rudely berated me and when she mentioned me getting a 3rd party involved, I knew she had been contacted by my insurance and was upset.She is abrupt, rude and unprofessional. She had no right to call me. I didn’t file a grievance against her, but my insurance which I pay for acted on my behalf and did what they should.
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?
Doctor is not a Psychiatric and she behaved just like a physician when we met her in our first visit. I am not sure, why there are so many good ratings about her. I took an appointment for my wife for her mental issues and we thought that she would do the counseling first to understand the health issue however Doctor didn't even consider or no patience to listen to my wife's explanation. She just recommended some medication for her for next 1 year which we don't want to do it as our physician also prescribed so many medications similar what she has mentioned. So, I am confused with the ratings and visited her but we totally disappointed with the outcome of the visit.
Shekar – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saman Hasan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hasan?