Dr. Sam Smith, DO

DermatologyMale

Smith Dermatology

4915 E Baseline Rd Ste 102 Gilbert, AZ 85234

Dr. Sam Smith, DO is a Dermatologist in Gilbert, AZ. Dr. Smith has more experience with Dermatologic Oncology and Cosmetic Dermatology than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Banner Gateway Medical Center. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Smith to book an appointment.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith

3.0

Dr. Smith?
  • Office environment (20)
  • Wait times (19)
  • Staff friendliness (18)
  • Long wait times (7)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (6)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (6)
Not good. I have been his patient for a number of years and dislike his methods more every year. He is arrogant and attached to the can to spray spots. I have a small scar on my face due to being sprayed too much. His patients do not come first. Money does!!!!! I have finally gone elsewhere as well as other members of my family who feel same way,
Sylvia J. Sullivan – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Our family has been going to Dr. Smith for nearly a decade - since he was part of Allure Dermatology. He has done an excellent job with our sons Eczema, pre-cancerous moles early stage skin cancer, and other issues. I was amazed at his repoire with our twin daughters and son. Wait times have never been long - even on sufgery days. Yes - I have a few scars from moles but I am alive and jere to raise my children because of his assertive approach! We love the freeze gun!
Jeanne M – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
He seemed more concerned about carrying around his "freezing gun" than taking care of me. He GAVE me medication , and when I had a VERY BAD reaction, he laughed AT me, like he didn't believe me. It seemed to me that he just wanted to run me through like cattle....do the billing...get the money. Did seem to care that I will have a scar for life with the bad job he did on my arm.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Dr. Smith is very personable and knowledgeable. He is always on time and very thorough. He addresses all my issues and answers any questions I have. The office staff are all very kind.
May 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Staff is great Dr. Smith is late -arrogant-after visiting him twice I asked why he was late again....he said he is always on time and if i did not like his service feel free to go some place else. Obviously, I WILL. Charlie - Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
I went in for a full body scan, as I've had suspicious moles removed in the past. I've been to several dermatologists in the valley over the years, so I know what a full scan should include. Dr. Smith did a cursory scan without a magnifying glass/ instrument and didn't bother to check my scalp or toes. The whole scan took less than 2 minutes. I felt like I was being rushed through my appointment. I will not be going back.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Waiting 30 minutes past my appt time, Dr. Smith came in the exam room, grabbed my arm, QUIKLY examining my skin while talking the entire time. After 1 minute the nurse came in and he stood up and the appt was done.. never given the opportunity to ask about my acne I still get being almost 54 yro nor did I get the chance to ask about another issue I have. There was no concern or chance given of what I had to say. Just a wam bam, got my money now be on your way attitude! Kind but really??
Kaylene in Mesa, AZ – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Dr. Smith is personable and caring. The office staff is excellent. My husband and I have been seeing him for several years and have confidence in his care and knowledge.
Nancy in Pinedale, AZ – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Refused to investigate a skin abnormality on my child's forehead that is accompanied with headaches. Looked at him for less than one minute before completely dismissing us and all of our concerns.
Gilbert, AZ – Jul 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
I new at my son's first visit that I did not care for Dr. Smith. I wasted too much time continuing seeing him.Hoping he would warm up a little. He is arrogant, snippet, and has ZERO repore with patients. He never even so much as touched my son's skin. He is too young to already have such an unchecked ego. He cut me off several times and genuinely seemed annoyed while I was explaining my kiddos skin issues and allergies. I'm not sure why he accepts pediatric patients, he is not friendly at all!
Gilbert, AZ – Apr 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
Dr. Smith spends very little time with patients. We took our son in for a wart on his hand. The original appointment was less than 3 minutes long. My husband was with my son for this appointment and left with no idea how to care for it after Dr. Smith froze the wart. I blamed my husband for not asking enough questions. I took my son back in for the follow up and Dr. Smith was in the room for less than 45 seconds. I tried to get questions in, but left with few and unclear answers.
Gilbert, AZ – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
We saw Dr Smith for an appointment to help my grandson with his acne. It felt as if he was too busy to see a patient with such a minimal problem, however, to my grandson it is anything but minimal. He spoke so rapidly that it was difficult to catch what he was saying and spent less than 5 minutes in the room with us then prescribed a name brand cream that cost over $600 per tube. I am less that pleased.
Mesa, AZ – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?
My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Smith for many years. He is prompt, takes the time to answer any questions and spends whatever time is necessary to conduct the examination.
Steve Springer in Mesa, AZ – Feb 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Smith, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

• Dermatology

Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicin--Erie

What other Dermatologists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Dermatologists.

What are Dr. Sam Smith, DO's top areas of care?

Dr. Smith frequently treats Dermatologic Oncology and Cosmetic Dermatology. See all practice areas where Dr. Smith specializes.

Where is Dr. Sam Smith, DO's office located?

Dr. Smith's office is located at 4915 E Baseline Rd Ste 102, Gilbert, AZ 85234. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Sam Smith, DO offer telehealth services?

Dr. Smith has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Sam Smith, DO?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Smith

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Smith treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Smith treats other conditions, please contact the office at (480) 646-8660.

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Smith treats at a

high

frequency compared to similar providers

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Actinic Keratosis
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Excision of Skin Lesion
Shaving of Skin Lesion
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Cosmetic Dermatology

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Dermatology specialists.

Dr. Smith treats at a

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Hives
  • Intertrigo
  • Keloid Scar
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Smith accepts

Dr. Smith accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Smith Dermatology

Smith Dermatology4915 E Baseline Rd Ste 102 Gilbert, AZ 85234

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Smith treats patients.

Banner Gateway Medical Center