Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Sam Sato, MD
Dr. Sam Sato, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Sato is affiliated with Tucson Medical Center.

3055 W Ina Rd Ste 121

Tucson, AZ 85741

Learn about Dr. Sato

Dr. Sato's Experience

Dr. Sato's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Progressive High Myopia
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Visual Field Defects

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med
  • Wayne State University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Sato has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sato does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sato and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sato's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sato to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Sato's Performance
Tucson, AZ |
I am so sad to read the unhappy reviews regarding Dr. Sato and his staff. We first met Dr. Sato 25 years ago when our son developed cataracts due to steroids. We thought he and his staff were amazing. 20 years later, we moved back to Tucson and were ecstatic to find he now sees adult patients as well. I always tell Dr. Sato upfront that I have questions and EVERY single visit, he takes time to answer them. I trust him implicitly and have no hesitation in recommending him.
in Tucson, az |
Very friendly staff and Dr. Sato was very great. I would recommend anyone to get there.
in Tucson, AZ |
Would not recommend. The only reason we see this Dr. is because he is apparently the top specialist for pediatric services. He is horrible at explaining things. The office staff is not friendly and they NEVER answer the phone. I have to leave several messages before anyone returns a phone call.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
We drive from Sierra Vista to Tucson, to have my son's eyes checked out. We were extremely disappointed in the way our appointment went today. First of all, the wait was ridiculous after having my son's eyes dilated. And after waiting, for almost an hour...Dr. Sato, walked in without saying a word. Literally did the fastest exam we have ever had and out the door he went, without asking if we had questions. Then the nurse came in to finish our appointment. Last time we go here. Very rude.
Tucson, AZ |
I know sometimes the wait may be longer than expected but Dr. Sato makes sure his patients are cared for. I needed eye medications and they were extremely expensive. He was able to manage and get me a discounted medication and I now have a year supply. He saved me lots of money. He cares and I will wait for as long as I can because it tells me he spends plenty of time with each patient. Highly recommend him.
Tucson, AZ |
I waited in the lobby for 70 minutes after my eyes were dialated after being told it would be 30 to 40 minutes. I did not receive a thorough vision exam, in fact it was the shortest eye test I have ever had. I will not have glasses made with his prescription and I will find another eye doctor to complete the job.
in Tucson, AZ |
I can't even give one star for this place! Everything about this place screams it's not a business! Everything from the EXTREMELY long wait time to be seen, to the rude receptionist, staff and Dr. Sato himself! The worst phone system in the world!! Doctor Sato came in and did my daughter's eye exam and was literally walking out the door as I was talking to him as any concerned parent would...He never asked do you have any questions for me before I leave, NOTHING!! JUST RUDE PATIENT CARE!!!
in Tucson, AZ |
I've been taking my 4 children to Dr Sato for years and LOVE him....He is busy, but that's because he is the best. 2 of my children have had muscle surgery and now their eyes are perfect!! The only problem I find is that sometimes the phone system is messed up--calls sent to the wrong extension. I would never trust anyone else with my children's eyes!!
Tucson, AZ |
worst experience, he damaged by sons eye, I regret ever being recommended to him, had to second eye dr. to fix what he did, and still trying too. please do not go through what we did.
in Tucson |
The office was over booked & it took two hours for our visit due to this problem. The office space smelled like a mix of a cat liter box & an old musty shoe. The prescription for new glasses that was received for my eight year old son will not be used since he kept telling the tech that he couldn't read either option shown to him thru the lens. Why doesn't the eye doctor complete this process, I am not sure. I called later to explain but was put on hold too long and I ended up hanging up.
Horrible experience. I've been here two hours for an eye exam and still waiting. It was obvious when I walked in they were EXTREMELY over booked. I asked if I should reschedule & was told I was next. Liars.
tucson |
Dr. Sato schedules so many patients (25 before 10:20a) that he's never on time, and gives his patients the minimal amount of time possible. His exam on my son was less than thorough. We need more pediatric opthamologists in Tucson.
Have you seen Dr. Sam Sato, MD?
Are you Dr. Sato?