Dr. Sam Moussa, MD

Gastroenterology •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Moussa

Adobe Gastroenterology, PC

2585 N Wyatt Dr Tucson, AZ 85712

Dr. Sam Moussa, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University Of Aleppo, Faculty Of Medicine in 1981 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Gastroenterologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Moussa accepts

Dr. Moussa accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.

Typically treats 88% more than their peers

• Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Sam Moussa, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Moussa's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moussa

4.4

Dr. Moussa?
Dr. Moussa's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sam Moussa, MD
Colonoscopy today! Not something you look forward to. From the start, my experience today could not have gone better. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. The two techs in the back, Egan and Tina, were both professional and friendly. And efficient. You could tell they were experienced and knew what they were doing. Dr. Moussa was also very personable. He introduced himself, explained what he was going to do, and talked with me after the procedure. Then he came into the recovery room and explained, in detail, what he had found, what he did, and what I needed to do for a safe recovery. I would 100% recommend this doctor and staff.
Shawn McNamara – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr. Moussa and his team have been taking care of me for more than 16 years. My mother died of colon cancer before age 70, so I was told to start having checks at 42 instead of 50. Sure enough, I had pre-cancerous polyps, and have had check-ups every 3 years since. When I developed stomach ulcers, Dr. Moussa was my only selection for diagnostics and treatment. As long as he is in practice, he is my doctor!
J. Walker – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
I was scared when I was about to see him, but he gave me some advise and hope that made calm my nerves. He also spend the necessary time to let know how to attack the problem until get it resolved. Thank you Dr Sam Moussa. Este doctor fue mandado como un angel de Dios. El y su equipo me explicaron cada simple detalle acerca de mi problema. Tenia un poco miedo cuando llegué a la oficina, pero me dio consejo y esperanza que pudo calmar mis nervios. Tambien se toma su tiempo necesario para dejar saber como atacar el problema hasta su resolución. Muchas gracias Dr Sam Moussa.
Obed – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Certainly not a procedure that anyone looks forward to however the entire experience couldn't have gone better. The entire staff is great and a shout out to Dr Moussa for his amazing care and for such a professional staff. I was actually more concerned about having an IV put in than the actual procedure. I have very bad veins and past experiences over the years have proven to be very uncomfortable. Many thanks to Egan for making this experience so easy. I highly recommend Adobe Gastroenterology.
Mary D Wilson – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Had a colonoscopy last week and Dr. Moussa and the team at Adobe Gastroenterology were absolutely wonderful. It was my first time having a procedure of any kind, so I was a bit apprehensive. Dr. Moussa has a wonderful bedside manner and was very thorough before, during and after the procedure. I would highly recommend him.
Jon W – Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
I had to cancel an appointment due to an unexpected dental issue. I was informed a same day cancellation would cost me $50.00 and would be applied to a rescheduled appointment. The office manager informed me the fee should had been explained when I scheduled the appointment. Really!!....IT WAS NOT!!! Dr. Moussa treated me in 2005. His service was outstanding. He is a great professional! I will not use Adobe Gastroenterology due to shady administrative policy!
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr Moussa was friendly and anxious to inform me about my procedures. He had suggestions for reducing my acid reflux. I have complete confidence in his ability to perform my colonoscopy and endoscopy.
Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Folks, you are at an Outstanding GastroEnterology Medical Office with the Very Best Doctors and Staff. Getting a colonoscopy precedes a lot of patient anxiety. Dr. Mousse is Super wonderful, well educated and put both my Spouse and I at ease. The Colonoscopy went much better than expected. The staff are very courteous and well trained. A high performance team by Everyone. Don’t delay your consultation or recommended exams!
John and Janice G. in Tucson , AZ – Jan 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
I was nervous having my first colonoscopy. Dr. Moussa's staff made me feel extrememely at ease, explained what they were doing with each step, and were very courteous and professional. Dr. Moussa is very competent and experienced, is active in research, and gives you advice on how to improve your GI health. And he practices what he preaches, so his advice is not empty blather. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to have been referred to Dr. Moussa and his team!
Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr. Moussa and all of the staff at Adobe Gastroenterology have provided excellent service for me over the many years.
Chris in Tucson, AZ – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Moussa for over 20 years. He is an AMAZING Doctor! He is very knowledgeable, thoughtful & focused on improving my life every time I see him. I feel very fortunate he is my Gastroenterologist.
Jerome D in Tucson, AZ – Apr 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
I was very impressed with Dr. Moussa from my first appointment. He had clearly done his homework and reviewed previous tests I had had and was fully prepared to discuss my medical concerns. He was very thorough and easy to understand. He gave me plenty of opportunity to ask questions and answered them all very thoroughly. He is very enthusiastic about his work and clearly loves his profession. Excellent bedside manner! The colonoscopy went vey well and I was treated very professionally.
Tanya Hoffmann in Tucson, AZ – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr. Moussa spent all the time needed to explain my condition and results of my tests and answer any questions I had.
LYNNE in TUCSON, AZ – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Professional yet courteous to your needs and questions. instills trust in his knowledge and experience that he will help your situation.
Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr Moussa refused to see my mother after she was referred to him by her primary Dr for gastrointestinal problems. He apparently blocked her from his service. She is dealing with sever bleeding ulcers at this time and he refused to see her when she was initially having discomfort and bloating. I wouldn’t recommend this Dr.
D Grace in Tucson, AZ – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
As I was waiting, for over an hour, my observations were 6 open containers, appearing to be chemicals, opened by the sink. A pile of gowns wadded in the corner. Dr. Moussa grabbed one off the top and put it on. I didn't observe he or the nurse wash their hands. I waited again for him to speak to me. While waiting, again for a long time, a nurse threw away a used syringe in the trash near me instead of a biohazard container. I was in the office for about 3 1/2 hours.
Tucson, AZ – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
I think it's important prospective patients know that Dr Moussa was too busy taking delivery of a new car today to speak to me either before and after my procedure. I was told by his staff that he was delayed with another patient but as I left the building he was in the car park watching delivery of a new car. I was provided no explanation of the outcome of the procedure and nor did he speak to me in advance of the procedure. This is not the behaviour of a professional.
E. Bailey in Tucson, AZ – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr. Moussa is very personable, an outstanding communicator, and very knowledgeable. During our consult meeting, I never felt rushed, he explained the procedure and why it was called for, and offered advice on healthy eating habits. When it came time for the procedure, he greeted me and the next thing I knew, I woke up in the recovery area. Within 10 minutes he came in and explained what he found with pictures, prognosis and recommended followup. Whole heartedly recommend Dr. Moussa.
Gary in Tucson, AZ – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Dr. Moussa performed my 10-year colonoscopy. Considering the type of procedure, the whole experience couldn't have been better! Dr. Moussa is an expert at his job. His staff are all friendly and helpful. The surgery center is clean and well organized. I highly recommend Adobe Gastroenterology and Dr. Moussa!
Jo Ann in Tucson, AZ – Sep 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?
Sam is a great guy, with an excellent practice. The pre/post-op staff is well trained and offer wonderful service.
Jon Chapman in tucson, az – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sam Moussa, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moussa?

• Gastroenterology