Dr. Sam Miller, MD

Dr. Sam Miller, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Sam Miller, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 46 years. Read his story

7711 Louis Pasteur Dr Ste 300

San Antonio, TX 78229

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Miller

See how frequently Dr. Miller performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Hypothyroidism
Goiter

Dr. Miller's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Miller's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Miller "I was born and grew up in San Antonio, left briefly for higher education at Columbia University, Cornell Medical School, and Mayo Clinic. My wife and I returned home in 1977, where I taught on the faculty at the UTHSCSA in internal medicine, endocrinology, and research. I began private practice shortly thereafter and have been treating patients with endocrine problems ever since. I was drawn to medicine as a calling, and I am dedicated to making people well. Perhaps these stem from my early years when I was in high school and as a result of reading some of my brother's medical school books, diagnosed my mother's diabetes. She died in 1968, during my first year in medical school. I am gratified that I have not only helped countless people with diabetes since, but also have been part of studies that have been part of the FDA approval process for revolutionary treatments for diabetes and other metabolic diseases over the past 35 years. If these medicines would have been available to my mother, she would likely have lived much longer, just as patients who receive them today will benefit from them for many years to come. Every day, I am grateful to my employees and patients I see daily, and have seen over the years, for helping me to live a life that has been worthwhile. "

This content was provided by Dr. Miller "To be kind, to find out what's wrong, and to heal. To be honest, ethical, and thorough. To make the world a better place by helping people live healthy and happy lives. To advance medicine through participating in clinical research and offering patients the opportunity to benefit from and contribute tgo advances in medicine and clinical trials."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Mayo Grad School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Mayo Clinic Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Miller's Performance
San Antonio, TX |
Excellent doctor with nice and helpful staff members. He listens to symptoms, explains the possible causes and medication needed. Always up on all of the latest research. Kind of quirky, but he is a good doctor and I would highly recommend him.
in San Antonio, TX |
The worst experience, 4 visits in total to tell me that he doesn't know what is wrong. Come back in 3 months. Waiting time is over 1 hour. The worst place to go.
This patient is not in our database. In any event, I try very hard to listen to and understand the problems of patients and then to evaluate them thoughtfully, thoroughly, ethically and safely. I try to share findings and impressions and involve them in decision-making at every step. I do this honestly, openly, and completely, and I try to make sure the communication, both ways, is clear and meaningful. I also share when I do not have answers and options for them in those cases.
Have you seen Dr. Sam Miller, MD?

Visit Dr. Miller

Dr. Miller accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health