Dr. Sam Miller, MD

Dr. Sam Miller, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

SAM Clinical Research Center 7711 Louis Pasteur Dr Ste 300 San Antonio, TX 78229 Get Directions

To be kind, to find out what's wrong, and to heal. To be honest, ethical, and thorough. To make the world a better place by helping people live healthy and happy lives. To advance medicine through participating in clinical research and offering patients the opportunity to benefit from and contribute tgo advances in medicine and clinical trials.

I was born and grew up in San Antonio, left briefly for higher education at Columbia University, Cornell Medical School, and Mayo Clinic. My wife and I returned home in 1977, where I taught on the faculty at the UTHSCSA in internal medicine, endocrinology, and research. I began private practice shortly thereafter and have been treating patients with endocrine problems ever since. I was drawn to medicine as a calling, and I am dedicated to making people well. Perhaps these stem from my early years when I was in high school and as a result of reading some of my brother's medical school books, diagnosed my mother's diabetes. She died in 1968, during my first year in medical school. I am gratified that I have not only helped countless people with diabetes since, but also have been part of studies that have been part of the FDA approval process for revolutionary treatments for diabetes and other metabolic diseases over the past 35 years. If these medicines would have been available to my mother, she would likely have lived much longer, just as patients who receive them today will benefit from them for many years to come. Every day, I am grateful to my employees and patients I see daily, and have seen over the years, for helping me to live a life that has been worthwhile.

Dr. Miller's Experience

See how Dr. Miller's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Miller

Dr. Miller accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Miller has admitting privileges.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
3.2
based on 18 total surveys (1 with a review)
Dr. Miller's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
The worst experience, 4 visits in total to tell me that he doesn't know what is wrong. Come back in 3 months. Waiting time is over 1 hour. The worst place to go.
This patient is not in our database. In any event, I try very hard to listen to and understand the problems of patients and then to evaluate them thoughtfully, thoroughly, ethically and safely. I try to share findings and impressions and involve them in decision-making at every step. I do this honestly, openly, and completely, and I try to make sure the communication, both ways, is clear and meaningful. I also share when I do not have answers and options for them in those cases.
Have you seen Dr. Sam Miller, MD?

Compare Dr. Miller

Dr. Miller says...

I was born and grew up in San Antonio, left briefly for higher education at Columbia University, Cornell Medical School, and Mayo Clinic. My wife and I returned home in 1977, where I taught on the faculty at the UTHSCSA in internal medicine, endocrinology, and research. I began private practice shortly thereafter and have been treating patients with endocrine problems ever since. I was drawn to medicine as a calling, and I am dedicated to making people well. Perhaps these stem from my early years when I was in high school and as a result of reading some of my brother's medical school books, diagnosed my mother's diabetes. She died in 1968, during my first year in medical school. I am gratified that I have not only helped countless people with diabetes since, but also have been part of studies that have been part of the FDA approval process for revolutionary treatments for diabetes and other metabolic diseases over the past 35 years. If these medicines would have been available to my mother, she would likely have lived much longer, just as patients who receive them today will benefit from them for many years to come. Every day, I am grateful to my employees and patients I see daily, and have seen over the years, for helping me to live a life that has been worthwhile.

Dr. Miller's Care Philosophy

Dr. Miller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Miller's Board Certifications

Completed in 1974

Mayo Clinic Rochester

Completed in 1977

Columbia University

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Endocrinology & Metabolism

Dr. Miller does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.