Dr. Sam Fuller, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 38

Dr. Fuller

South Bend Orthopaedics

53880 Carmichael Dr South Bend, IN 46635

Dr. Sam Fuller, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in South Bend, IN and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from U OF CHGO DIV OF BIO SCI PRITZKER SCH OF MED medical school in 2009. He is affiliated with medical facilities Memorial Hospital Of South Bend and Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fuller to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Fuller with our nearby Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists at Goshen Health Hospital.

Make an appointment at Goshen Health Hospital today at (574) 281-0120.

These providers are on the medical staff of Goshen Health Hospital.

Dr. Fuller's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fuller

Dr. Fuller
Post up follow Up visit bad bedside manor.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Sherry – Mar 07, 2021
Sherry, patient satisfaction is a top priority at...Read More
I was referred to Dr. Fuller by my PCP in the Fall of 2020 after a year of excruciating pain associated with lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and what was later determined to be radial tunnel nerve compression. At my first visit, I could no longer pick up a coffee cup, I was miserable. Dr. Fuller supported me to make the best decision for myself by offering continuing therapy and non-surgical options first, however, the MRI and EMG confirmed that waiting to repair the damage may result in challenges in a full recovery. I felt confident in my collaboration with Dr. Fuller to pursue surgery and underwent the dual repair of the lateral epicondylitis and right radial tunnel release on December 23, 2020. Within a week after surgery, I realized my previous chronic pain was gone! After only 6 weeks of occupational therapy, I am back to almost full strength. My incisions are beautiful and fading faster every day. This was, by far, the best decision I could have made for my quality of life.
Dawn Wilkins – Mar 02, 2021
Dr. Fuller and his staff are very professional and kind. I definitely recommend seeing this Dr. My experience was extremely positive!
Kim – Jan 31, 2021
I was referred to Dr. Fuller for some fibroid (painful) scars following an abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck) and mastopexy (breast lift). With a careful balance of removing the extensive scar tissue and a selection of the proper materials to close the new incisions, the new scars healed quicker and I don’t have the constant pain anymore. This was a challenging procedure since my skin is sensitive to adhesives and my scars tend to grow and thicken. Dr. Fuller took extra precautions and followed up with me several times post surgery to monitor the healing of my new (much smaller and not painful) scars. I previously was not aware that painful scars can be removed and the procedure can be covered by insurance, so I hope this review will help others find some relief to their fibroid scars. I am delighted with the outcome and am thankful to Dr. Fuller for eliminating the painful scars and for the added bonus of a smoother, contoured appearance.
Jun 14, 2020
I met with Dr Fuller to assess my dupuytren’s contracture and he effectively explained the cause of the condition, and the options to treat it, in clear and concise terms. My wife didn’t attend the appointment with me, so we emailed Dr. Fuller additional questions and he responded almost immediately with clear and detailed information. We met one additional time before the surgery and he again patiently explained every step of the process; from the surgery, to the recovery, and the rehabilitation – and everything transpired exactly as he described. There was only one surprise, the correction of the contracture was even better than we anticipated. I had 7 appointments (including 5 follow-up) with Dr Fuller - one via video conference due to the Corona virus – and it was easy, clear and an effective way to meet. He was always on time, never rushed, competent, compassionate, and understanding. Based on my experience, and the excellent results, I strongly recommend Dr Fuller.
Phil Latchford – Apr 16, 2020
Dr. Fuller performed arthroplasty on my right (and dominant) thumb joint to relieve arthritic pain. Friends comment that my scars are barely noticeable. My rheumatologist and my OT have been impressed by the rate at which my strength and range of motion have improved since the surgery. I am grateful to be able to bathe, get dressed, open jars, etc. without sharp pain in my right thumb. Prior to surgery, Dr. Fuller thoroughly explained my condition and the available options. He took ample time to address my questions and concerns, and involved me in the decision-making process. He had me return for three post-op visits. Due to the pandemic and the current stay-at-home order, my final appointment was a virtual visit--a first for me. When I experienced technical difficulties on my end, Dr. Fuller patiently waited on a resolution to the problem and we successfully completed our conference. I would highly recommend Dr. Fuller for his skill, professionalism, and caring nature.
Apr 14, 2020
I had been dealing with Dupuytren's Contracture for a few years. Some of my fingers were bending in toward my palms and I couldn't straighten them out. Dr. Fuller explained in great detail the steps that would take place. After the procedure was done, my fingers are now straight. I am so thankful for the job Dr. Fuller did!
Vernon Watkins – Mar 09, 2020
Vernon, for taking the time to leave such...Read More
Dr. Fuller is very good at listening at concerns that you have. He is also a tremendous surgeon.
Feb 08, 2020
Thank you for leaving a 5 star review regarding...Read More
Dr. Fuller is a wonderful and very caring Doctor . I would highly recommend him to family, friends any time. He is the best.uu
Peg Kesler in SouthBend, IN – Sep 01, 2019
Dr. Fuller discussed all the different options regarding the reattaching of my tendons and the realistic expectations of the surgery. Dr. Fuller also was very helpful in switching to a Therapy center closer to home. He made sure to discuss expections with the therapist which was a great help in the rehabilitation of my hand. I am greatful for his "hybrid" approach to fixing my hand and being honest and direct about everything.
Loyd in New Carlisle, IN – Jun 07, 2019
By far the best hand surgery experience I've had. Dr. Fuller has a great personality and great bedside manner.
Annette Wallace in IN – Oct 24, 2018
I took my son to see Dr. Fuller when he had his hand crushed in a sliding gate and broke two fingers. He helped fix that then noticed my son's other hand that was affected when he had a stroke 7 yrs ago. My son wasn't able to do much with that hand and it just hung there all the time. Dr. Fuller performed surgery on it and the tendons, even relocating a tendon. The surgery went great he is now in therapy twice a week and has gotten a large amount of movement back in that hand and wrist.
South Bend – Feb 25, 2018
A Dr. that puts your concerns and peace of mind first. Treats you with respect, listens carefully, and gives explanations in terms easy to understand . Wonderful caregiver. A great contributor to healthcare. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Fuller.
Denise P. – Feb 21, 2018
Dr. Fuller was very personable! He explained things throughly, and took the time to answer all my questions! I would recommend him to anyone!
South Bend – Jan 22, 2018
Dr. Fuller is kind and compassionate. He takes the time to explain things and never seems rushed to get on to the next patient. He is very knowledgeable and I was completely at ease with him. I type for a living so having surgery was a bit scary, but Dr. Fuller's calm demeanor made me feel very at east and I did not have any reservations about having him preform the emergency surgery, as well as an elective surgery later. If I could rate him above 5 stars I would.
Sherri Houser in New Carlisle – Jan 19, 2018
Dr. Fuller was very thorough with the explanation of my problem. He gave me different options for treatment. He was compassionate, kind, and very professional. I would highly recommend him.
Jan 19, 2018
I found Dr. Fuller to be competent and professional in all respect when he performed delicate surgery on my right hand. It is no surprise that the surgical nurses were very complimentary of him. His meticulous work resulted in relatively little pain, quick healing, and no scarring. I very highly recommend him as someone who will competently handle you r surgery in a friendly and caring manner..
Loren J.. Roth in South Bend, IN – Nov 16, 2017
I am a 32-year-old male. My mallet finger injury (torn extensor tendon) to left little finger was treated with graduated splinting - no surgery recommended. I reached full use with very minor soreness after just under 7 months of care - no splinting or pain meds, anymore. I am back to participating in activities with 100% confidence in my left little finger!
Chicago, IL – Oct 06, 2017
Had carpal tunnel surgery done on both hands by Dr. Fuller. Wonderful doctor. He listened, on time for his appointments. Follow up was great.
Mishawaka, IN – Jun 02, 2017
I had surgery on my wrist. Doctor Fuller thoroughly explained everything before and after surgery. He takes time in the office visits to go over things and for me to ask questions. He is also very concerned for the well-being of his patients. My recovery was fantastic, which I attribute to his good work. He is also considerate of patient wait-time and keeps it to a minimum. I highly recommend him.
Lenore Gentner in Granger, IN – Apr 15, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Fuller?

I am a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, with fellowship training in Orthopaedic Upper Extremity Surgery, who specializes in hand, wrist, and forearm...Read more

Sam Fuller, MD, is a Board-Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with additional Subspecialty Certification in Surgery of the Hand (SOTH). He attended...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery