Dr. Samuel Abrams, MD

Dr. Samuel Abrams, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Samuel Abrams, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery doctor who practices in Asheville, NC. He has been practicing for 7 years. Read his story

18 Medical Park Dr

Asheville, NC 28803

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
  • MedCost
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Abrams

See how frequently Dr. Abrams performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
Hand Fracture

Dr. Abrams's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Abrams' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abrams "Dr. Abrams earned his Bachelor of Engineering in biomedical engineering from Vanderbilt University. He earned his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin. Dr. Abrams then elected to pursue further training in surgery of the hand and upper extremity from the prestigious Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center in Indianapolis. On a personal note, Dr. Abrams enjoys playing basketball, mountain biking, snowboarding, traveling, and spending time with his family. He has taken part in medical aid and surgical training trips to the Dominican Republic, Thailand, and Nicaragua."

This content was provided by Dr. Abrams "As a surgeon working with my hands everyday, I recognize the importance of maintaining the function and dexterity of the hands and upper extremities for my patients. In order to tailor my treatment to the individual, I work to develop a partnership with my patients. On my part, this begins with listening. One of the most important things I need to know is how the unique problem affects the patient's life. We then develop a dialogue, through which the patients understand the diagnosis, their treatment options, and the recovery process. Patients help to guide their treatment decisions to attain their specific goals whether; it is to return to work, sport, or just the activities of daily living. Often these goals can be accomplished with non-operative interventions, but when surgery is needed I work to accommodate patients, keeping them informed about the surgical procedure and post-operative recovery."

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  • Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Fracture Care

Dr. Abrams does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Forearm Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Tendon Repair
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Vanderbilt University
  • University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Indiana Hand Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Abrams has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Abrams has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abrams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abrams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abrams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abrams to family and friends
Dr. Abrams' Performance
in Asheville, NC |
Very professional and gave me some good advice. Will definitely come back to him if i have anymore issues.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. Abrams is an outstanding young orthopedic doctor, that is considerate, caring, and concerned with providing excellent care! I highly recommend this Doctor and his team at Carolina Hand & Sports Medicine
in Weaverville, NC |
Dr Abrams is an experienced professional who knows what he is doing and what is important to his patients. I was pleased with the treatment he provided for my hand injury and go to him again without hesitation.
in Hendersonville, NC |
I started seeing Dr. Abrams when I had an accident at work where I broke my wrist/arm pretty severely. He performed surgery also. I love the fact that he took the time that was needed at each visit to make sure I was taken care of. He made me feel as though he really cared about me getting back to doing as much as I use to. Dr. Abrams is an all around great person and doctor. Highly recommended!
Arden, NC |
Dr. Abrams was great! He listened, understood and treated me very well! I highly recommend him!
in Weaverville, NC |
Dr. Abrams saw my 87-year-old mother when she fell and broke her wrist. He was very kind and professional and spent time explaining procedure and care to us. Although she is not a fan of medical doctors and only sees an ophthalmologist on a regular basis for her glaucoma, her experience with Dr. Abrams was definitely a good one. We would highly recommend him.
in Asheville, NC |
Very positive first experience with Dr Abrams and staff---Felt comfortable with his diagnosis, surgery, and follow up visits.
in Weaverville, NC |
I found Dr. Abrams to be very knowledgeable about my (broken wrist) condition, explaining options in a completely understandable way. All questions and concerns were answered professionally, and sympathetically.
Sylva, NC |
Dr. Abrams checked my ex-rays and explained fully what his recommendations were to fix my finger. All of my questions were answered, he drew pictures to explain and did not rush the exam. My surgery was successful, and, again, all procedures and questions were explained. I understood what he was saying and trusted his expertise. I highly recommend him for any hand/finger problems.
in Weaverville, NC |
The results of my rotator cuff surgery performed by Dr. Abrams four months ago were all I could have hoped for. I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. Additionally, his patient explanations pre-surgery were much appreciated. And, the kind and caring treatment during his follow-up appointments convinced me that I would gladly have him as my doctor for any problems that I might face in the future. I very highly recommend Dr. Abrams.
Have you seen Dr. Samuel Abrams, MD?
Are you Dr. Abrams?

Visit Dr. Abrams

Dr. Abrams accepts 11 insurance carriers
    Aetna NAP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
    Coventry Health Care of the Carolinas, Inc.
  • MedCost