Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD

Integrative Psychiatry •  Male • Age 60

Dr. Iacobello
433 Meadow St Fairfield, CT 06824

Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD is an integrative psychiatry specialist in Fairfield, CT and has been practicing for 24 years. He specializes in integrative psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Psychiatrists in your area

• Good Patient Care
    Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Iacobello accepts

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Iacobello's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Iacobello's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iacobello

2.9

Dr. Iacobello?
Dr. Iacobello's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD
Dr. Iacobello has helped me so much. I began coming to him in 2012 when I was highly medicated, and very anxious. I was afraid of so many things and of what the future would look like. Over the years he helped me to understand my anxiety and be able to work through it, not fear it. I would not be the person I am today if it was not for him helping me. And now, years later, I am off all of my medications and living my best life. I am truly happy and feel like I understand what I am feeling, rather than just fear it. I am truly grateful to him and the help he has provided to me.
Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
This doctor asks one general question at the beginning of the 20 minutes, then he turns the conversation into a discussion about himself. I sit and listen to him talk about nothing important for the remainder of the time. I've tried to refocus him, but it's useless. He's in his own world. I'd leave United Services, but there's nowhere else to go. NE CT is drastically lacking in quality behavioral healthcare. United Services purports itself as a wonderful organization, but it's only wonderful at being mediocre.
Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Only had one session so far, but Dr. I seems competent and compassionate. Listened intently to my concerns regarding my mental health.
Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Hello, We were desperate to find help for our mother who just had knee surgery and had many complications with the anastasia and the medication. She had gone into a deep depression and was losing her mind. Our mother is 82 and she was born in Italy. So we looked online for an Italian speaking doctor and we were fortunate enough to find Dr. Iacobello. On our very first visit he evaluated my mother and weened her off of the medication she was on and prescribed her a new medication that totally changed hers and our world. Him being from Italy ( but is also very fluent in English) was a tremendous help. We as a family are so grateful to have found Dr. Iacobello and we highly recommend him to any who needs help. Thank you, Anthony
Anthony – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Very patronizing, refuses to listen to me about my concerns. Makes baseless assumptions about my lifestyle and factors contributing to my depression, despite never having a conversation with me about it.
Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Doesn't just push pills on you and send you on your way. Takes the time to understand the multi-faceted nature of an individual.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
LOL. Just got off the phone with this doctor who I haven’t even met yet, and certainly do not plan to meet. My parents work in medicine (doctor & nurse). Unfortunately through the phone, I can tell this guy was either a pompous a-hole or an incompetent delinquent. He asked me right off the back what I needed in the nastiest, unwanted tone. Interrupted me when I spoke. This is my first time looking for help and certainly received the worse experience with this guy and this isn’t even in person.
Lila in CT, AZ – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
I have struggled with depression on and off for over 20 years, and for the first time I am not going sustaining a recovery but I feel like I am working toward resolving the underlying cause. The underlying cause that is something buried deep deep down in my psyche and manifests with physical symptoms as well. Needless to say, I highly highly highly recommend Dr. Iacobello to anyone with depression and/or anxiety problems that wants to work towards a long-term resolution.
Male Age 37 in Vernon, CT – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
He helped me very much with my panic attacks and my mood swings and come off some medications that were making me really sick. He approach emotions from the pont of view that they need to be acknowledged and expressed and not suppressed. He told me that suppressing them only feeds them more.
Bert in Trumbull, cT – Nov 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
He treated me with no respect and expected me to tell my whole life story within one session. His attitude was more than unprofessional. When we changed our appointment about twice he threatened to drop us as clients and at that point I was perfectly okay with that. We looked for a new physiatrist and he sent us a note saying that I didn’t participate in treatment correctly and that we were going to be dropped from his treatment. I would never recommend going to him, find someone else.
Jessica in Tolland – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Deep. That is what I would use to describe the level of care, knowledge and expertise you will find. I have been a patient for years. I was in a place where I couldn't even leave the house without crippling panic attacks. Now, I'm to the point where I feel I have my life back and I can do whatever I want again. You have to be willing to put in the time and the effort. You will see results. Trust the process and show up every visit. It will be worth it. Nothing comes easy.
LT in Tolland – Jan 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
This guy is a quack. Outdated advice that will make mentally sick kids sicker. He's terrible. Do not go to him.
Jun 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Icobello's for over eight years. Dr Iacobello is not only clinically intuative but very progressive as well. I truthfully cant say enough about this man. In a sentence Dr. Iacobello has saved my life. He is a doctor who honestly cares about his patients. Many times he has followed up with my on the weekend to make sure I'm doing OK. Unfortunately I have had depression most of my life and have seen a parade of doctors, none holds a candle to this intuative caring man.
Timothy Murphy in Fairfield, CT – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
If this is the so called "gentleman" who previously practiced in Westport CT., then this is one rude, dishonest excuse for a human being. This man has no business being a psychiatrist or any professional for that matter. I would never trust this individual with any important decision making. What a joke! After one hour with this dishonest man I was outta there. You've been warned! Absolutely not!
Milford, CT – Mar 31, 2017
I don't practice with the intention of being rude...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Dr. Iacobello has a "common sense" approach to his practice. He is patient, extremely responsive, and always reminds me to contact him between appointments, if need be. Additionally, Dr. Iacobello has a "contact representative" who can facilitate any issue - ranging from general appointment concerns, or a critical need to contact someone who will be sensitive and facilitate any response which is required. I find this reassuring and helpful beyond measure.
Carol R. in Fairfield, CT – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Dr Iacobello treated me with EMDR against my consent, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. He also prescribed me a very heavy antipsychotic on the first visit, something later doctors told me is a medicinal straight jacket and rarely used. He was rude and aggressive-- not just his accent and his tone as he tries to claim in responses. I felt uncomfortable in his office. If it weren't past the statute of limitations I would be pursuing malpractice.
Mar 21, 2017
I find difficult to understand how one can treat...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
I only had one appointment and decided this wasn't a right fit for me. Dr. Iacobello seemed disorganized and his style of getting my history didn't seem so effective. He asked maybe four questions and had me ramble on. I suppose I'm used to standard intake questionnaires and if he had this he probably would have a more complete history. I'm sure there are patients who will find him adequate, but I'm looking for someone with an open mind and open ears.
Bolton, CT – Apr 27, 2016
I do not use questionnaires as the reviewer...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
This Doctor has very poor communications skills,he is rude with a very condescending attitude . He also has a very heavy accent ,making him extremely difficult to understand,
john in Stratford, CT – Mar 30, 2016
I am Italian and have an Italian accent when I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Iacobello?

"PROMOTING SELF-REGULATION, PERSONAL GROWTH AND RESILIENCE."

I treat mental health and behavioral problems in the contest of people history, interpersonal relationships, and emotional make up.  My intent is to treat the all person an...

• Integrative Psychiatry