Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD

Integrative Psychiatry | Male

IACOBELLO, SALVATORE MD 281 Hartford Tpke Ste 505 Vernon Rockville, CT 06066 Get Directions
Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD

Dr. Iacobello was borne and raised in Italy where he obtained his medical degree and postgraduate training in Endocrinology and Metabolic diseases. He has been always interested in understanding the connection between mind and body from the perspective of functional- energetic thinking. He always has had a deep appreciation for Freud's original thinking on drives and the function of anxiety. He has a variety of interests but his main ones are music and the arts, especially opera. He also is very much interested in history and philosophy. He enjoys the outdoors, gardening and traveling.

...See Less

Dr. Iacobello's Care Philosophy

"PROMOTING SELF-REGULATION, PERSONAL GROWTH AND RESILIENCE." I treat mental health and behavioral problems in the contest of people history, interpersonal relationships, and emotional make up. My intent is to treat the all person and not just the symptoms by promoting insight into behaviors and interpersonal relationships as well as life style changes with the goal of improving self image, self esteem and capacity to assert self in life and social circumstances. Promoting personal growth and success is my goal. I have ongoing experience in working with people who have work environment and career related problems with special focus on the health care professions.

Dr. Iacobello's Experience

See how Dr. Iacobello's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iacobello

Dr. Iacobello accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Iacobello is now accepting new patients
IACOBELLO, SALVATORE MD281 Hartford Tpke Ste 505
Vernon Rockville, CT 06066
Evening
Saturday
(860) 871-2831Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Iacobello has admitting privileges.

Dr. Iacobello's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iacobello to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Iacobello's Performance
    GOOD
This guy is a quack. Outdated advice that will make mentally sick kids sicker. He's terrible. Do not go to him.
in Fairfield, CT |
I've been a patient of Dr. Icobello's for over eight years. Dr Iacobello is not only clinically intuative but very progressive as well. I truthfully cant say enough about this man. In a sentence Dr. Iacobello has saved my life. He is a doctor who honestly cares about his patients. Many times he has followed up with my on the weekend to make sure I'm doing OK. Unfortunately I have had depression most of my life and have seen a parade of doctors, none holds a candle to this intuative caring man.
Milford, CT |
If this is the so called "gentleman" who previously practiced in Westport CT., then this is one rude, dishonest excuse for a human being. This man has no business being a psychiatrist or any professional for that matter. I would never trust this individual with any important decision making. What a joke! After one hour with this dishonest man I was outta there. You've been warned! Absolutely not!
I don't practice with the intention of being rude to people and my intent is to provide the best experience. In my daily work it may happen that I disagree with what patients want or demand ant therefore this may generate unhappiness. My intent is to do what is best for the patient health and not what it feels good for some patients or what a patient wants. It is unfortunate that this happens. I am available to open discussion for any disagreement.
in Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Iacobello has a "common sense" approach to his practice. He is patient, extremely responsive, and always reminds me to contact him between appointments, if need be. Additionally, Dr. Iacobello has a "contact representative" who can facilitate any issue - ranging from general appointment concerns, or a critical need to contact someone who will be sensitive and facilitate any response which is required. I find this reassuring and helpful beyond measure.
Dr Iacobello treated me with EMDR against my consent, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. He also prescribed me a very heavy antipsychotic on the first visit, something later doctors told me is a medicinal straight jacket and rarely used. He was rude and aggressive-- not just his accent and his tone as he tries to claim in responses. I felt uncomfortable in his office. If it weren't past the statute of limitations I would be pursuing malpractice.
I find difficult to understand how one can treat a patient with EMDR without their consent and participation. As for the prescription of anti-psychotic medications at high doses it doesn't fit at all with approach, what I do and stand for.
in Trumbull CT |
This doctor seemed to be interested in helping. He is very much interested in emotions and cognition and I felt understood. It was easy to talk to him. He has a lot of experience in helping people who are having work environment problems, especially health card professionals.
Bolton, CT |
I only had one appointment and decided this wasn't a right fit for me. Dr. Iacobello seemed disorganized and his style of getting my history didn't seem so effective. He asked maybe four questions and had me ramble on. I suppose I'm used to standard intake questionnaires and if he had this he probably would have a more complete history. I'm sure there are patients who will find him adequate, but I'm looking for someone with an open mind and open ears.
I do not use questionnaires as the reviewer noted. Instead I have the person talk in order to understand them and their emotions. In the process my mind and ears are open (!) although it may not appear that way to some.
in Stratford, CT |
This Doctor has very poor communications skills,he is rude with a very condescending attitude . He also has a very heavy accent ,making him extremely difficult to understand,
I am Italian and have an Italian accent when I speak. Most people do not have difficulty understanding me but some do as this reviewer did. It is unusual for people to say I have a "heavy" accent; it is unfortunate this reviewer felt he could not understand me and thought that my communication skills were "poor".
Have you seen Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?

Compare Dr. Iacobello

Dr. Iacobello says...

Dr. Iacobello was borne and raised in Italy where he obtained his medical degree and postgraduate training in Endocrinology and Metabolic diseases.  He has been always interested in understanding the connection between mind and body from the perspective of functional- energetic thinking.  He always has had a deep appreciation for Freud's original thinking on drives and the function of anxiety.

He has a variety of interests but his main ones are music and the arts, especially opera.  He also is very much interested in history and philosophy.  He enjoys the outdoors, gardening and traveling.

Dr. Iacobello's Care Philosophy

"PROMOTING SELF-REGULATION, PERSONAL GROWTH AND RESILIENCE."

I treat mental health and behavioral problems in the contest of people history, interpersonal relationships, and emotional make up.  My intent is to treat the all person and not just the symptoms by promoting insight into behaviors and interpersonal relationships as well as life style changes with the goal of improving self image, self esteem and capacity to assert self in life and social circumstances.  Promoting personal growth and success is my goal.

Dr. Iacobello's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Integrative Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry

Dr. Iacobello has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Iacobello's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Completed in 1994

St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center,New York, NY

Completed in 1996

• Italian

Dr. Iacobello does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iacobello and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Integrative Psychiatry
  • Social Psychiatry

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)