Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD

Integrative Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Iacobello

"Doesn't just push pills on you and send you on your way. Takes the time to understand the multi-faceted nature of an individual."

Read Review

"LOL. Just got off the phone with this doctor who I haven’t even met yet, and certainly do not plan to meet. My parents work in medicine (doctor & nurse). Unfortunately through the phone, I can tell this guy was either a pompous a-hole or an incompetent delinquent. He asked me right off the back what I needed in the nastiest, unwanted tone. Interrupted me when I spoke. This is my first time looking for help and certainly received the worse experience with this guy and this isn’t even in person."

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Iacobello

3.0

Dr. Iacobello?
Dr. Iacobello's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
I have struggled with depression on and off for over 20 years, and for the first time I am not going sustaining a recovery but I feel like I am working toward resolving the underlying cause. The underlying cause that is something buried deep deep down in my psyche and manifests with physical symptoms as well. Needless to say, I highly highly highly recommend Dr. Iacobello to anyone with depression and/or anxiety problems that wants to work towards a long-term resolution.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
He helped me very much with my panic attacks and my mood swings and come off some medications that were making me really sick. He approach emotions from the pont of view that they need to be acknowledged and expressed and not suppressed. He told me that suppressing them only feeds them more.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
He treated me with no respect and expected me to tell my whole life story within one session. His attitude was more than unprofessional. When we changed our appointment about twice he threatened to drop us as clients and at that point I was perfectly okay with that. We looked for a new physiatrist and he sent us a note saying that I didn’t participate in treatment correctly and that we were going to be dropped from his treatment. I would never recommend going to him, find someone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Deep. That is what I would use to describe the level of care, knowledge and expertise you will find. I have been a patient for years. I was in a place where I couldn't even leave the house without crippling panic attacks. Now, I'm to the point where I feel I have my life back and I can do whatever I want again. You have to be willing to put in the time and the effort. You will see results. Trust the process and show up every visit. It will be worth it. Nothing comes easy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
This guy is a quack. Outdated advice that will make mentally sick kids sicker. He's terrible. Do not go to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Icobello's for over eight years. Dr Iacobello is not only clinically intuative but very progressive as well. I truthfully cant say enough about this man. In a sentence Dr. Iacobello has saved my life. He is a doctor who honestly cares about his patients. Many times he has followed up with my on the weekend to make sure I'm doing OK. Unfortunately I have had depression most of my life and have seen a parade of doctors, none holds a candle to this intuative caring man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
If this is the so called "gentleman" who previously practiced in Westport CT., then this is one rude, dishonest excuse for a human being. This man has no business being a psychiatrist or any professional for that matter. I would never trust this individual with any important decision making. What a joke! After one hour with this dishonest man I was outta there. You've been warned! Absolutely not!
I don't practice with the intention of being rude...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Dr. Iacobello has a "common sense" approach to his practice. He is patient, extremely responsive, and always reminds me to contact him between appointments, if need be. Additionally, Dr. Iacobello has a "contact representative" who can facilitate any issue - ranging from general appointment concerns, or a critical need to contact someone who will be sensitive and facilitate any response which is required. I find this reassuring and helpful beyond measure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
Dr Iacobello treated me with EMDR against my consent, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. He also prescribed me a very heavy antipsychotic on the first visit, something later doctors told me is a medicinal straight jacket and rarely used. He was rude and aggressive-- not just his accent and his tone as he tries to claim in responses. I felt uncomfortable in his office. If it weren't past the statute of limitations I would be pursuing malpractice.
I find difficult to understand how one can treat...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
I only had one appointment and decided this wasn't a right fit for me. Dr. Iacobello seemed disorganized and his style of getting my history didn't seem so effective. He asked maybe four questions and had me ramble on. I suppose I'm used to standard intake questionnaires and if he had this he probably would have a more complete history. I'm sure there are patients who will find him adequate, but I'm looking for someone with an open mind and open ears.
I do not use questionnaires as the reviewer...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?
This Doctor has very poor communications skills,he is rude with a very condescending attitude . He also has a very heavy accent ,making him extremely difficult to understand,
I am Italian and have an Italian accent when I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salvatore Iacobello, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Iacobello?

"PROMOTING SELF-REGULATION, PERSONAL GROWTH AND RESILIENCE."
I treat mental health and behavioral problems in the contest of people history, interpersonal relationships, and emotional make up.  My intent is to treat the all person and not ...

• Integrative Psychiatry

1994
1991

• Italian

Dr. Iacobello accepts

Dr. Iacobello accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Freedom Plan
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Iacobello's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Iacobello treats this condition more than 63% of his peers

Dr. Iacobello's conditions and procedures:

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Schizophrenia
  • Somatoform Disorders

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Iacobello treats patients.

Hartford Hospital