Dr. Salomon Banarer, MD

Dr. Salomon Banarer, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male | 47 years old

35 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Our goal is to provide excellent medical care in a courteous environment that emphasizes communication, collaboration and trust.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Banarer's Experience

See how Dr. Banarer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Banarer

Dr. Banarer accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Banarer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Banarer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Banarer to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Banarer's Performance
Dallas, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Banarer. His friendly, caring demeanor and impressive knowledge will put you at ease. His office staff is kind and efficient, too.
Dallas, TX |
Friends of mine have raved about Dr. Banarer and his direct, yet gentle approach interacting and advising patients. I finally also went to him. He is clearly well-trained and current in his field of endocrinology. He empowers the patient, which is important since I am responsible for my health on a daily basis. His staff are efficient and personable.
Dallas |
My 1st 15 mins on the phone were the worst! When scheduling an appointment I was placed on hold for 11 mins plus, and the lady that answered made it extremely difficult to schedule. She informed me that the Dr. does not diagnose but only treats. I thought that was odd but proceeded because I didn't need a diagnoses just a new doctor. I felt like she didn't believe me and proceed to interrogate me. I have to say, that was worst 1st impression you want to give new patients. What a shame.
in Addison, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Banarer for close to 10 years for treatment of my diabetes. From day one I have been very pleased with the service Dr. Banarer and his staff have provided. Initially I was hesitant about having to begin self-induced insulin shots but over time it became a simple procedure. I have in the past and will continue to recommend Dr. Banarer to anyone in need of a specialist for treatment of diabetes. Excellent professional.
I am glad you found insulin shots to become less frightening than they seemed at first, and I am glad that with insulin we are able to keep better control of your diabetes. Thank you for your referrals!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Banarer is a very gentle, kind and friendly doctor. The office staff is great and always in a good mood.
Thank you for your feedback--we feel strongly that if you have to come to the doctor (not usually a favorite activity), at least it should be in a positive environment!
in Dallas, TX |
Excellent Endocrinologist who is current with all treatments and advancements in the care of diabetes! I have been a patient with him for years.
Thank you!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Banarer is the best doctor I have ever had to treat my type 2 diabetes. The medication he prescribed is keeping my A1C the lowest consistent level since I was diagnosed years ago. Most importantly, I have never felt better with very little highs or lows. Since seeing Dr. Banarer, I have never cancelled a function or been concerned about participating in an activity because I was concerned about how I would feel.
It's great to be in control of your diabetes so it is not in control of you! Nothing makes us happier than to know that you are living a full life and that diabetes does not hold you back from anything you want to do.
in Dallas, Tx |
I started seeing Dr. Banarer in 2009. I was very frustrated by the treatment I was getting from my PCP. I called Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center. The office staff was very friendly and helpful. I was looking for a doctor that is current on the latest diabetes research. When I had my first visit with him, I was impressed because he could explain things to me on my level and let me argue with him without making me feel like an idiot. I highly recommend him. I wish he could be my PCP.
We love patients who are real partners with us in their health care. When you are involved, ask questions and take charge of your own treatment plan, you are most likely to succeed!
in Dallas, TX |
I really respect my doctor and follow what he tells me to do. This doctor works for me and I have gone to many many doctors in my lifetime. Have jumped thru so many hoops to get back under his care! He explains everything and no nonsense Doctor. He is one of the best doctors ever!!!
I am glad to have you as a patient and look forward to continued success together.
Have you seen Dr. Salomon Banarer, MD?

Compare Dr. Banarer

Dr. Banarer says...

Dr. Banarer is one of Dallas's leading endocrinologists. Patients come from as far away as South America and China to seek care at the Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center where we specialize in the whole gamut of endocrine disturbances.

Dr. Banarer has received multiple awards recognizing his excellent diabetes care, including Bridges to Excellence and National Committee for Quality Assurance.

Dr. Banarer has published multiple articles in the area of diabetes care, including in:

• Journal of the American Medical Association
  • New England Journal of Medicine
  • Diabetes Care
  • Medical Clinics of North America
  • American Journal of Physiology: Endocrinology and Metabolism

The Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center is located in the professional building "C", adjacent to Medical City Dallas.

Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center is also home to one of the largest diabetes-related research centers in Texas.

Dr. Banarer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Banarer says...

Diabetes (type I, type II and gestational) including diet management, traditional insulin therapy, new insulin therapy, insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring.

High cholesterol

Hyper and hypothyroidism ('low' and 'high' thyroid)

Osteoporosis

Diagnosis (biopsy) and management of thyroid nodules

Adrenal abnormalities

Pituitary abnormalities

Low testosterone

Genetic abnormalities with endocrine involvement

Dr. Banarer says...

Our office is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for the evaluation and (if necessary) biopsy of thyroid nodules. Specifically, we can perform bedside ultrasound and ultrasound guided biopsies under appropriate anesthesia.

Our in-office bone scanner allows for evaluation of your bone health with bone scans done and interpreted in the same day.

Dr. Banarer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Banarer has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Banarer's Board Certifications

Completed in 1999

Barnes Jewish Hospital

Completed in 2002

• Hebrew

Dr. Banarer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Banarer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism