Dr. Salomon Banarer, MD

Dr. Salomon Banarer, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Banarer is one of Dallas's leading endocrinologists. Patients come from as far away as South America and China to seek care at the Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center where we specialize in the whole gamut of endocrine disturbances. Dr. Banarer has received multiple awards recognizing his excellent diabetes care, including Bridges to Excellence and National Committee for Quality Assurance. Dr. Banarer has published multiple articles in the area of diabetes care, including in: Journal of the American Medical Association New England Journal of Medicine Diabetes Care Medical Clinics of North America Diabetes American Journal of Physiology: Endocrinology and Metabolism The Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center is located in the professional building "C", adjacent to Medical City Dallas. Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center is also home to one of the largest diabetes-related research centers in Texas.

7777 Forest Ln Ste C685

Dallas, TX 75230

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CHAMPVA
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Banarer

See how frequently Dr. Banarer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disease
Diabetes Type 2

Dr. Banarer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Banarer "Our goal is to provide excellent medical care in a courteous environment that emphasizes communication, collaboration and trust."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Banarer has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Banarer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Banarer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Banarer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Banarer to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Banarer's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Banarer is the best he has controlled my diabetes very well since i started seeing him for about 8 yrs upto now he is a hero of my Diabetes.when u go there waiting time is short those frount desk people friendly.
in Parker, TX |
Dr. Banarer is a wonderful doctor. He has been my doctor for over 10 years. With his insight and guidance I am improving my health over all. Dr. Banarer has a wonderful bedside manner. He possesses the ability to be frank and cordial at the same time. In today’s environment, that is rare.
Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to many more years of working together for your good health.
in Cross Roads, TX |
I love Dr. Banarer! When I first saw him a number of years ago, my diabetes was way out of control. But in very short order his recommended treatment plan had me below goal, and I continue to do well under his care. I moved to Denton 2-1/2 years ago and still make the trip to Dallas to continue to be his patient - and I will continue to do so. He is kind, caring, a straight shooter, and very smart - don't try to give him the business! He is also interested in my health as a "whole patient"
Your dedication to your own health is what brings your succcess--I'm honored to be your coach!
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Banarer has made a huge difference in my life. He understands diabetes from the patient's side and that is very rare. Most doctors do not take the time to understand the day to day struggles of diabetes but Dr. Banarer does. He thinks outside the box and it's a great help to his patients. And his office staff is amazing!!!
You are right--diabetes is a tough disease. But, I'm glad we are working together so you can LIVE with it!
in Flower Mound, TX |
My experience was exceptional. Dr. Banarer and his team were very kind, responsible and professional.
Thank you for your feedback!
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Banarer and his staff are amazing. I was originally misdiagnosed by a different physician, which was clear to him on my first visit almost a year ago. He has impeccable bedside manners, and is always a pleasure to talk with. He listens and offers feedback to address concerns. I'm sure no one wants to need endocrinologist, but if you do I would highly recommend him.
Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the time you took to give it. I have shared your comments with our staff--thank you!
in Dallas, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Banarer for over 10 years and he is smart, compassionate, caring and dedicated to his patients. He has provided excellent advice and counsel - without being patronizing. I feel he is a partner in my healthcare and has done a great job of watching out for my best interests. I also appreciate the tools he uses and speed of results that he is able to provide.
Establishing a partnership in your care is the key your (our!) success. Thank you for your feedback!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Banarer is always so Professional, He is been a blessing, he always has time for my questions and always has a smile He is amazing
Thank you for your feedback!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Banarer and his staff are always professional. He takes the time needed to help you understand your situation and the treatment for it. He is personable and easy to talk to. Most importantly is his knowledge base, incredible. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a straight forward diagnosis and excellent care.
I appreciate your feedback and glad we could communicate well and that you are confident in your care. Thank you!
Excellent in communication
Thank you!
Dallas, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Banarer for many years a thyroid condition. My decision to use medicine rather than surgery has been managed by him. He also treats me for osteopenia. I have felt very confident in his professionalism and expertise in handling my health issues, and helpful explanations. He is cordial, personable, and relaxed during our appointments. I consider him a very fine physician and am grateful for his care.
Thank you for your comment and I am glad we have had success with conservative management of your health!
Dallas, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Banarer. His friendly, caring demeanor and impressive knowledge will put you at ease. His office staff is kind and efficient, too.
Your feedback is appreciated and I am glad you feel comfortable and cared for at our office.
Dallas, TX |
Friends of mine have raved about Dr. Banarer and his direct, yet gentle approach interacting and advising patients. I finally also went to him. He is clearly well-trained and current in his field of endocrinology. He empowers the patient, which is important since I am responsible for my health on a daily basis. His staff are efficient and personable.
Thank you for your feedback--am empowered patient is our best patient!
Dallas |
My 1st 15 mins on the phone were the worst! When scheduling an appointment I was placed on hold for 11 mins plus, and the lady that answered made it extremely difficult to schedule. She informed me that the Dr. does not diagnose but only treats. I thought that was odd but proceeded because I didn't need a diagnoses just a new doctor. I felt like she didn't believe me and proceed to interrogate me. I have to say, that was worst 1st impression you want to give new patients. What a shame.
I am sorry you had a negative phone experience. There is quite a bit of information we need to hear from patients when they call for new appointments--this helps us make the right appointment for you to optimize your time. I regret that this process did not go smoothly for you.
in Addison, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Banarer for close to 10 years for treatment of my diabetes. From day one I have been very pleased with the service Dr. Banarer and his staff have provided. Initially I was hesitant about having to begin self-induced insulin shots but over time it became a simple procedure. I have in the past and will continue to recommend Dr. Banarer to anyone in need of a specialist for treatment of diabetes. Excellent professional.
I am glad you found insulin shots to become less frightening than they seemed at first, and I am glad that with insulin we are able to keep better control of your diabetes. Thank you for your referrals!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Banarer is a very gentle, kind and friendly doctor. The office staff is great and always in a good mood.
Thank you for your feedback--we feel strongly that if you have to come to the doctor (not usually a favorite activity), at least it should be in a positive environment!
in Dallas, TX |
Excellent Endocrinologist who is current with all treatments and advancements in the care of diabetes! I have been a patient with him for years.
Thank you!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Banarer is the best doctor I have ever had to treat my type 2 diabetes. The medication he prescribed is keeping my A1C the lowest consistent level since I was diagnosed years ago. Most importantly, I have never felt better with very little highs or lows. Since seeing Dr. Banarer, I have never cancelled a function or been concerned about participating in an activity because I was concerned about how I would feel.
It's great to be in control of your diabetes so it is not in control of you! Nothing makes us happier than to know that you are living a full life and that diabetes does not hold you back from anything you want to do.
in Dallas, Tx |
I started seeing Dr. Banarer in 2009. I was very frustrated by the treatment I was getting from my PCP. I called Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center. The office staff was very friendly and helpful. I was looking for a doctor that is current on the latest diabetes research. When I had my first visit with him, I was impressed because he could explain things to me on my level and let me argue with him without making me feel like an idiot. I highly recommend him. I wish he could be my PCP.
We love patients who are real partners with us in their health care. When you are involved, ask questions and take charge of your own treatment plan, you are most likely to succeed!
in Dallas, TX |
I really respect my doctor and follow what he tells me to do. This doctor works for me and I have gone to many many doctors in my lifetime. Have jumped thru so many hoops to get back under his care! He explains everything and no nonsense Doctor. He is one of the best doctors ever!!!
I am glad to have you as a patient and look forward to continued success together.
Have you seen Dr. Salomon Banarer, MD?

Visit Dr. Banarer

Blue Choice
  • CHAMPVA
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA