Dr. Salila Kurra, MD

Dr. Salila Kurra, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Female
Dr. Salila Kurra, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in New York, NY. She has been practicing for 14 years.

180 Fort Washington Ave Rm 970

New York, NY 10032

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Kurra

See how frequently Dr. Kurra performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Adrenal Incidentaloma
Adrenal Gland Diseases
Thyroid Cancer

Dr. Kurra's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Kurra has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Kurra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kurra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kurra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kurra to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Kurra's Performance
Allendale,NJ |
I had Thyroid Cancer 14 years ago, I started seeing Dr.Kurra one year ago, she has helped me tremendously. My thyroid levels are being watched so carefully, I was on too high thyroid meds for many years. She is a good listener, takes the time to explain everything , writes things down-and an added bonus, her nurses are great!
in New York, NY |
I met Dr. Kurra three years ago, when I was in desperate need of clear, concise, and compassionate insight into my medical condition. She immediately provided all of that -- and has continued to be my most trusted medical advisor, through some pretty terrifying years. I trust her with my life, because she saved my life; and now she continues to keep me healthy. I've recommended her to my friends and family because my trust in her is so strong. Thank you, Dr. Kurra, for your flawless care!
Hoboken, NJ |
Dr. Kurra changed my life. For years doctors had been alarming over 2 tiny thyroid nodules. Dr. Kurra reassured me: levels were fine; thyroid was fine. I just needed a yearly check. Then she gave me vital advice for one with of high risk for diabetes that the others omitted: to improve your health, lose weight. She told me how much to lose and how to do so. Her practical, concrete, direct advice lead me to lose 26 lbs in a year. I'm healthier, active, feel great, and at lower risk for diabetes.
in Bronx, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Kurra since 2013. She gave me my life back. She is a true professional and is extremely knowledgeable in adrenal and thyroid issues. She has terrific bedside manner and is very kind. She always comes up with a plan no matter what. And you leave her office with lab requests and/or other tests that need to be done. I always refer individuals to her whenever needed because she is the best and I mean a TOP physician!
Saddle River, NJ |
Dr. Kurra was very professional, took her time to discuss my concerns and explained "why" we needed to adjust medications. I had thyroid cancer 13 years ago and was amazed to discuss with her treatment advances and changes in treatment protocols. I trust her knowledge level and I feel confident that she will respond to my questions and concerns.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kurra is one of the smartest, most professional, and friendly doctors I have ever met. She takes time to listen and understand my medical history. Her recommendations were well explained and very thoughtful of my needs. Her office was very efficient and clean. Her staff was friendly and helpful. She is the best endocrinologist I have ever seen, I highly recommended her.
in Livingston, NJ |
I would not recommend Dr. Kurra to anyone because she told me thyroid has no effect on metabolism.
Have you seen Dr. Salila Kurra, MD?
Are you Dr. Kurra?

See our Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital

Visit Dr. Kurra

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Kurra accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO