Dr. Salil Gupta, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Dr. Gupta

New York Pain Care PC

95 University Pl Fl 8 New York, NY 10003

Dr. Salil Gupta, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Long Island Jewish Forest Hills and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gupta to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Gupta with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital today at (718) 355-9439.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gupta

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Gupta

He is fine. There is a hustle going on to buy devices especially with the PT. The billing is a nightmare. Even if you pay in the office you will be hounded by the billing service and sent "final notice" bills threatening to use collection agencies. And despite her helpful reassurances his office manager, Santana, is useless in resolving problems. There are plenty of good hand docs in NY. My orthopedic surgeon recommended Dr. Gupta. I am going to tell them not to.
Tim Cavale – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
If one has to break a wrist, I can think of no better place to be cared for. Honest assessment, frank advice, patient and kind manner. Willing to answer questions. Wonderful staff.
Dec 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta performed Carpal Tunnel surgery on my wrists and elbows. He carefully explained the procedure and patiently answered all my questions. The surgery itself was a breeze. Follow up visits were great. Office staff are friendly and helpful. Dr. Gupta is excellent.
Ken D – Nov 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
I had been a patient of Dr. Gupta's and moved to Florida for a few years and recently was experiencing paint in both hands and fingers and was pleased to find Dr. Gupta was in the same location and took my insurance and I had my appointment on 11.5.21. He is a truly gifted doctor in both diagnosing and explaining your condition and treatment options. He is both patient and pleasant and my finger and hand pain is already dimishing with his treatment and suggestions. I would highly recommend him to both family and friends.
Bernard Rubin – Nov 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Despite all the positive reviews here, I found that my experience with Dr. Gupta was very disappointing. The wait time was extremely long and the doctor’s bedside manner was less than pleasant. I injured a peripheral nerve in my elbow and his advice to me was to only take action when “things get worse”. His advice has definitely delayed my recovery to say the least. There are much better hand surgeons out there who will provide better guidance. Do not recommend.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
My experience with Dr. Gupta has been exceptional. Dr. Gupta clearly outlined three alternate treatment options for my hand injury ranging from least to most aggressive. With his guidance and implicit approval, I settled on a non-surgical, and middle course option with very satisfactory results. In my estimation, this speaks volumes for Dr. Gupta's high standards of professionalism, especially in these times when my sense is that patients are too often pressured into the most extreme treatment options. In addition to my complete satisfaction with the treatment I received, it bears emphasis that Dr. Gupta's staff was unfailingly courteous and, if that were not enough, that I never had to wait for more than 5 minutes before being ushered into the examination room. I give a 5 Star rating without reservation.
Robert – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta is both an excellent orthopedist and he has a very pleasant manner on a personal level. He answers all questions thoroughly, repeats his reasoning if not understood immediately and makes you feel as if he really cares for the patient. I have seen him for non surgical visits, as well as for hand and wrist surgery. He inspires trust, thus it’s easy to make decisions based on the information and choices he offers. I would recommend Dr. Gupta to anyone who needs a hand surgeon.
Stephen Marcus – May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
I had a ganglion cyst on my wrist and underwent surgery under Dr. Gupta's care. He and his staff made the experience as seamless as possible from start to finish. The care received is always quick, thorough, and high-quality. I'm happily on a path towards recovery thanks to him!
Chris M – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
I came to Dr. Gupta with a small problem involving the tip of one finger which he treated with a level of care and patience that I found to be very reassuring. He took the time to explain what had happened and how it would heal. He forwarded me to the radiology department and then the to the occupational therapist who fashioned a splint. Both were quick, efficient and courteous. The follow-up six weeks later confirmed a wholly successful treatment. I thought he and the members of his staff were excellent.
Sheila Rauch – Jan 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
I ruptured my EPL and broke my wrist in two places. Dr. Gupta and his team performed the surgery necessary to restore my hand. His bedside manner is top notch and after care follow-up visits were very professional. I highly recommend him as a hand surgeon.
Mario C Valdes – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
What a great experience! Phoning around to get help with a broken wrist, Dr. Gupta's office was able to schedule me right away. Every appointment was fast and efficient. Virtually no waiting, and Dr. Gupta was friendly and communicative. Staff there are wonderful. Healed and grateful.
Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
I’ve just had my second carpal tunnel release surgery with Dr. Salil Gupta and I couldn’t have been more pleased. He’s a brilliant hand surgeon with wonderful bedside manner. Even the staff is great. They’re all efficient, helpful accommodating and warm. What more can I say?
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Facing a badly fractured wrist, I was referred to Dr. Gupta for treatment. From the check in to the surgery and followup, everything went smoothly and I felt well taken care of. Santa, his manager and surgical scheduler, went above and beyond to get me scheduled for my surgery, arranging preops and putting me at ease. Leslie, his in house OT is also amazing and made me great splints. I am now 4 months out and my wrist is almost back to normal. Thank you for the great care!
New York, NY – Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Born & raised by 2 NYC med. mal. lawyers & had a lifetime of my own chronic conditions / major operations - - I say this, not to prove myself any kind of med. genius, but that I’ve just been wired to know the heights doctors are capable of & the depths they sadly sink to... I can’t explain in enough words how wonderful a physician Dr. Salil Gupta is, because he’s an even better man. And that’s ALWAYS the key: if the DR. in question seems like he/she is a better human being than a doctor: ??????
Elizabeth Pellini in New York, NY – Sep 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
This is one amazing doctor. My mom is a senior citizen and she broke her wrist. The issue was that she broke it while on vacation, then she came back to the states and deal with her insurance red tape. We didn't get to Dr. Salil Gupta unti 11 days after the break. We got to his office, he has a great admin team and the wait time was incredibly fast. He saw her, was very detailed in what he saw, took another x-ray, etc. In less than 24 hours she was in surgery. He was so caring through it all.
Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
The wait to see the Dr. was insanely long. I appreciate that when I did meet with him, that I didn't feel rushed, but it also wasn't fun to wait 40 min past my appointment time to see him. The appointments should be spaced out so that doesn't happen. That aside, it was disappointing to be misdiagnosed to the point where a surgery was scheduled that did not end up being necessary. I would think that after an MRI a proper diagnosis could have been given. I'm out $600 for nothing.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
New York, NY – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Exelent Dr ,who is well mannered. Dr Gupta explains the medical procedure clearly and takes time to listen and makes the patient comfortable. I would higly recommend him and his staff to my family and friends.
Iwona Tworzydlo in Woodside, NY – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Dr. Gupta reconstructed my entire left shoulder during a long surgery almost 6 years ago and did an amazing job. He is an excellent surgeon who saved the use of my left shoulder and arm. I would recommend him to anyone!!!!
Anthony P. in Whitestone – Apr 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
I think Dr. Gupta and his staff are excellent! I had a very positive experience in his office. He diagnosed my condition and provided me with his recommendations in a timely manner. He is not rushing to do surgery. Suggested other treatment options first to see if they will help! Would highly recommend him to my family and friends!
Maria H, in Howard Beach, NY – Jan 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?
Excellent surgeon, very friendly and helpful, outstanding hand surgeon, will recommend everyone!!!
Dec 19, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salil Gupta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?
Provider explaining information to patient