Cardiology  |
Dr. Sajan Rao, MD
Dr. Sajan Rao, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Naples, FL. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Rao is affiliated with NCH Downtown Naples Hospital and NCH North Naples Hospital.

625 Tamiami Trl N Ste 201

Naples, FL 34102

(239) 261-2000

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • AvMed
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Rao

Personalized Individual care with an academic approach

Dr. Rao's Experience

Dr. Rao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiomyopathy, Dilated
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electrocardiogram
  • 3D Quantitative Echocardiography
  • Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
  • Blood Pressure Management
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Doppler
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Thoracentesis
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)

• University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
  • University Of California At San Diego School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Washington Hospital Center/ Georgetown University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Rao has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rao to family and friends
Dr. Rao's Performance
in Bonita Springs, FL |
I always find Dr Rao to be very understanding and caring regarding my health concerns. He is a great listener and always makes me feel as though I am his only patient, as he is always willing to spend time with me to be sure I fully understand any treatment plans he has to offer regarding keeping me well. I will highly recommend his medical practice to anyone seeking such advice.
in Naples, FL |
Dr Rao is a special specialist. He is considered and considerate in his patient treatment; tireless and proactive in reaching a diagnosis; and precise and proactive in pursuing the optimal treatment strategy. His interactions are clear, measured and empathetic. He goes far above and beyond to address an issue -- he spent hours of his personal, after-office time recently to pinpoint rapidly with other medical specialists a particular treatment for me. Highest possible recommendation. Tony, Naples
in Estero, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Rao for several years. He always has time to discuss my issues in an understandable way and he will always answer my questions completely without me feeling that I'm taking up too much of his time. I find him to be a true professional and feel that he really does care about my health and wellbeing. Dr. Rao is very much about prevention and I appreciate the "teachable moments" he's spent with me. I highly recommend Dr. Rao to anyone needing excellent Cardiac care.
in Naples, FL |
I started seeing Dr. Rao five years ago after a mild stroke. He suggested a diet and exercise regimen along with specific medications that have resulted in my excellent health today. He is truly one-of-a-kind in that he not only cares about your well being, but he listens to your concerns, cares about your problems and follows up. My wife and I have been so pleased with his care that we have recommended him to multiple friends who all have been so happy to find a doctor of his qualifications.
Naples, FL |
First visit with Dr Rao that did not go well. He criticized my previous Cardiologist who retired from the practice Dr Rao is in. He seemed not to believe me when I told him about my food intake and exercise level. I am 6 ft tall and weigh 240 lbs. He suggested I should consider a gastric bypass, which my Internist said was wrong. He also was going to refer me to a pulmonologist which never happened. All in all, he was sarcastic and didn't seem to care much. No follow up.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Dr. Rao not only exhibits his professionalism and knowledge but also his genuine caring for your health. He is truly a wonderful doctor in every way possible.
Naples, FL |
I went to Dr. Rao five years ago with fatigue. After extensive testing , within two days he arranged for me to have a angiogram. I ultimately had three stents. If it wasn't for Dr. Rao's expertise and pro active manner I could have had a major heart attack. I trust Dr. Rao 100%. He is an extremely knowledgeable and a very caring individual. Les Sokoloff
in Naples, FL |
Two years ago when I moved from New York to Naples, Florida I was concerned in finding a Cardiologist who met all of my requirements. My Cardiologist in NY is from Columbia Presbyterian and he is what medical professionals there considered "one of their best"! After diligent research and networking Dr. Sajan Rao was highly recommended. Dr. Rao's experience, intellect, professionalism and compassion for his patients far exceeded my expectations. It is a privilege to be a patient of Dr. Rao.
Naples, Fl |
Very thorough, focused and professional with an engaging personality. I have been impressed with his care since my concierge physian referred me to Dr. Rao Form my cardiac care.
Estero, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Rao for the last several years and consider him excellent. He is trained in both internal medicine and his specialty of cardiology and is knowledgeable about current research and new developments in the cardiology. He carefully listens to his patients and provides the best of care.
in Naples, FL |
After spending 20 years as a Healthcare Administrator and having the experience of being Director of Patient Relations and interacting with many doctors during that time I realize that a patient needs to find a physician that combines professional care and concern with a personal touch. Dr. Sajan Rao has those qualities. He was recommended by my Nephrologist and Dr. Rao far exceeds the praise of his peers. If you need an excellent Cardiologist, call Dr. Rao for a consultation.
in naples,fl |
Dr. Rau is a caring,thorough physician Dr. Rau is a most competent physician who spends time with a patient. He addresses all issues that a patient might have and reviews all concerns. I truly trust Dr. Rau with my healthcare.
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Rao is both professional and personable. While knowledgeable and wise, he is humble and possesses a warm sense of humor. Also, Dr. Rao's support staff is kind, patient, and friendly. I would strongly recommend Dr. Rao and his team to anyone seeking a cardiologist!
in Naples Florida |
Dr. Rao is brilliant, patient, a sincere listener, a medical fact/diagnosis finder, compassionate and he saved my life!
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Dr. Rao is extremely knowledgeable, efficient, kind, and patient in explaining things. He is very thorough and humble. He also runs a tight ship, so there is never a long wait. He is the best!!!!!!!!!
in Naples, FL |
Dr. Rao is one of the best medical providers I've encountered. He will thoroughly explain everything - from your condition to testing to medication (pluses and minuses) to lifestyle changes. His demeanor is professional yet he remains approachable. He will actually listen to your comments and will take them into consideration when making recommendations. I only regret that he is not a primary physician! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Rao to anyone needing a cardiologist.
Have you seen Dr. Sajan Rao, MD?
Are you Dr. Rao?

• AvMed
  • CoreSource
    Group Plan PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA PPO